SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

Thanks for taking the time to explain things. Info like the missing hooks and constant updates despite the release of Nuka World isn't so readily obvious like the first post is. 

So, really, the main thing everyone's waiting for is Bethesda's updates? F4SE and modders will catch up once the final version gets released.

More or less, yes, provided that the interest is still there by that time. Keep your fingers crossed mate  :)

I am a former Bethesda employee, and have worked in QA and development for a little over 5 years. I've been modding Fallout 4, Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 for an even longer period of time. I've rolled with the punches, and I love SexOut, SexLab, and AP. They were definitely worth waiting for. But I gotta say... this is starting to worry me.

SexTec feels like vaporware at this point... and that any attempt to work around the hurdles is dead in the water. The game has been out for over a year, Bethesda has shown no interest in releasing the full Creation Kit, and other mods are starting to use what little is available in F4SE's functionality to make great mods (like the one where you can finally jump from your vertibird). If the development and release of a working version of SexTec is dependent on Bethesda's update schedule and release (or not) of a full Creation Kit, this mod will never see the light of day. 

In any case, I commend you guys for concept and patience. If there is anything I can do, from a QA or development perspective, to help, I will happily do so. Sadly I, like other mod users, are losing faith in the execution and delivery.

I am a former Bethesda employee, and have worked in QA and development for a little over 5 years. I've been modding Fallout 4, Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 for an even longer period of time. I've rolled with the punches, and I love SexOut, SexLab, and AP. They were definitely worth waiting for. But I gotta say... this is starting to worry me.

SexTec feels like vaporware at this point... and that any attempt to work around the hurdles is dead in the water. The game has been out for over a year, Bethesda has shown no interest in releasing the full Creation Kit, and other mods are starting to use what little is available in F4SE's functionality to make great mods (like the one where you can finally jump from your vertibird). If the development and release of a working version of SexTec is dependent on Bethesda's update schedule and release (or not) of a full Creation Kit, this mod will never see the light of day. 

In any case, I commend you guys for concept and patience. If there is anything I can do, from a QA or development perspective, to help, I will happily do so. Sadly I, like other mod users, are losing faith in the execution and delivery.

As a former employee in QA and development you would probably know better than anyone that the missing hooks for complex animation can

really hamper any forward progress in the creation of Sextec. And that saying SexTec feels like "vaporware" isn't genuinely very helpful at all, in

fact its detrimental, as the few who are putting in hours of their personal time without pay to create the mod are having a difficult enough time

without the negative commentary. But since you were a former employee in development how about you get in touch with some of these modders

creating Sextec and aid in making a merry Christmas for all since you're being so generous? I'm surprised you didn't offer your expertise before

now! They could have had Sextec finished if you would have said so sooner.

I'm not sure a former Bethesda employee would be able to out him/herself so easily without repercussions, but I digress, I truly believe that Sextec will come out eventually, I mean it's solely based on the fruition of F4SE and when you consider that the F4SE team is now just 2 almost constantly active people and they have split their time between Skyrim 64Bit and Fallout 4, the actual code needed will take that much longer, your patience will eventually be rewarded.

I don't have any ideas about the work the F4SE people do so this might sound silly, but can we .. umm ... simply ask them (send them beer, cake, hookers or just "pretty please" way) to put some priority on the functions SexTec needs?

Looking at what SKSE supports  - it is huge list of functions and only a few of them (I assume) are used by SexLab. I guess their priorities are in what they think most people will be interested in - weapons, settlements mechanics and so on. Maybe we can persuade them that implementing the functions needed by ST first (or with higher prio) will bring many people back to the game? Just a thought, don't kill me if it sounds stupid :-)

Get the 7zip file of F4SE, unzip it, go in the "test" folder, and check what are the actual function extended.

Pretty much nothing right now.

Keep in mind that pretty much only Behippo is continuing the xxSE projects. (Maybe Expired, not sure.)

Given that it is the modding community that kept Skyrim and earlier Fallout versions popular enough all of these years for them to cash in on producing Skyrim SE edition, I'm rather surprised Bethesda hasn't shared the info needed to quickly produce SXSE and F4SE for their latest works.

I would love ST functions first but I don't know that it will happen, also Bethesda is unlikely to ever share the needed info for xxSE development, they allow the team to host, talk about and implement it in their game, but they cannot be seen as a company to be having a hand in the making of the script extender, only time will tell if this is actually the case.

Get the 7zip file of F4SE, unzip it, go in the "test" folder, and check what are the actual function extended.

Pretty much nothing right now.

Keep in mind that pretty much only Behippo is continuing the xxSE projects. (Maybe Expired, not sure.)

nice hat CPU looks great though not sure about the horns :P

The skills required are "reverse engineering a 32bit or 64bit game".

If you have the skills, contact SKSE team. If you go on Silverlock.org you will get the emails.

As a former employee in QA and development you would probably know better than anyone that the missing hooks for complex animation can

really hamper any forward progress in the creation of Sextec. And that saying SexTec feels like "vaporware" isn't genuinely very helpful at all, in

fact its detrimental, as the few who are putting in hours of their personal time without pay to create the mod are having a difficult enough time

without the negative commentary. But since you were a former employee in development how about you get in touch with some of these modders

creating Sextec and aid in making a merry Christmas for all since you're being so generous? I'm surprised you didn't offer your expertise before

now! They could have had Sextec finished if you would have said so sooner.

You aren't seriously expecting something by Christmas, are you?

Nobody thought to make any animations..........That's at least a year.

:/

I'm not sure a former Bethesda employee would be able to out him/herself so easily without repercussions, but I digress, I truly believe that Sextec will come out eventually, I mean it's solely based on the fruition of F4SE and when you consider that the F4SE team is now just 2 almost constantly active people and they have split their time between Skyrim 64Bit and Fallout 4, the actual code needed will take that much longer, your patience will eventually be rewarded.

If SexTech came out TOMORROW, it wouldn't matter, since there is no FNIS, no SkyUI, & no animations!

Yes, it would be sweet to get it, but it's just a FRAMEWORK..........You will have to wait another year for mods to be made AROUND IT.

What I'm confused about is why we could modify SexOut to work with New Vegas, but not F4......

.....Admittedly, I'm no programmer (HTML & Pearl, that's it) but it seems that Modifying Sexout would be a hell of alot easier than writing new code.

If SexTech came out TOMORROW, it wouldn't matter, since there is no FNIS, no SkyUI, & no animations!

Yes, it would be sweet to get it, but it's just a FRAMEWORK..........You will have to wait another year for mods to be made AROUND IT.

What I'm confused about is why we could modify SexOut to work with New Vegas, but not F4......

.....Admittedly, I'm no programmer (HTML & Pearl, that's it) but it seems that Modifying Sexout would be a hell of alot easier than writing new code.

Fore and ShadeAnimator discussed whether FNIS (or in this case: ForesNewIdles[in]Fallout) would be needed within the game and if my reading ability is credible I believe the result was that it is not needed as badly as Skyrim was since the bodies now hold more ties to animations themselves, obviously this could change and more will be known when the decoding of everything is completed, as for SkyUI, we might not even need that, heck we didn't have SkyUI for Fallout 3 & New Vegas, perhaps someone could gather information from Cipcis about the coding of such a system for Fallout 4 eventually.

There are already mods albeit in the pre alpha stage which are designed to be used with Sextec and are simply waiting for the code to be available.

Sextec simply cannot proceed without any further advancement from the xxSE team.

Fore and ShadeAnimator discussed whether FNIS (or in this case: ForesNewIdles[in]Fallout) would be needed within the game and if my reading ability is credible I believe the result was that it is not needed as badly as Skyrim was since the bodies now hold more ties to animations themselves, obviously this could change and more will be known when the decoding of everything is completed, as for SkyUI, we might not even need that, heck we didn't have SkyUI for Fallout 3 & New Vegas, perhaps someone could gather information from Cipcis about the coding of such a system for Fallout 4 eventually.

There are already mods albeit in the pre alpha stage which are designed to be used with Sextec and are simply waiting for the code to be available.

Sextec simply cannot proceed without any further advancement from the xxSE team.

Some confirmations.

1) FNIS equivalent is not needed. Animations can be added using esps. At least the simple ones SexLab was using. Now, with Ashal we were thinking for a method to add them using only scripts. But right now this is not possible.

2) MCM may not be required for a first version. But consider all the options a serious sex framework will have. Some sort of MCM will be required.

3) F4SE is not ready. And there is no way SexTec will be created like MiniLovers.

Some confirmations.

1) FNIS equivalent is not needed. Animations can be added using esps. At least the simple ones SexLab was using. Now, with Ashal we were thinking for a method to add them using only scripts. But right now this is not possible.

2) MCM may not be required for a first version. But consider all the options a serious sex framework will have. Some sort of MCM will be required.

3) F4SE is not ready. And there is no way SexTec will be created like MiniLovers.

Mhrmh maybe not the prettiest way but isn't it possible to use Setting-Holotapes so long as no MCM (or something like this) is out?

Mhrmh maybe not the prettiest way but isn't it possible to use Setting-Holotapes so long as no MCM (or something like this) is out?

It will be just a partial solution.

Holotapes are still using ScaleForm, so they play SWF files on the screen (the pipboy in this case)

But the interaction with Papyrus is not available (it is the core of SKSE + SkyUI, Schlangster developed it, as part of SKSE team, for Skyrim.)

In case the APIs to interact with ScaleForm will be available, then the MCM can be put in the Pipboy or in a global game menu, it makes no difference where it will be started.

F4SE has a very basic ScaleForm integration/hook, not enough to create a full-powered menu.

Archived