Painslut Companion, Fully voiced

@waxenfigure - Thanks for the source! The scripts look simple enough... I will try to compile them tomorrow and see if they still work.

I started looking into making Alicia compatible with follower mods. She is obviously missing the default follower packages. Having the source code (assuming it still works) will help a lot in case I have to break up the current scenes to give her the basic follower package.

Edit: I couldn't wait that long... and what do you know? They seem to compile and run just fine... although CKEditor seems to think some fragments are missing. I will have to keep an eye on that. Thanks again. 

The scripts where the CK editor thinks fragments are missing are missing the comments the CK uses to  "mark" each fragment.  If you edit a script in the CK it will add a whole new set of fragments to the script.  You can then edit the script to place the decompiled fragments into the CK created fragments and then delete the decompiled script to recover a script that will work in the CK.

As long as you make no changes to the scripts in the CK at all you can recompile them as is and they'll work but that's a case where you could just use the original compiled script anyway.

As a note the new companions will just loop repeat a quest to trigger packages

The follow dialogue triggers stage 20 wich swaps package to Default followertemplate or whatnot

Telling her to go home resets the quest dropping stage to 0 and putting her back on sandbox in her house

Dont know if you can change that in alicia but that might change the breaking, just give her multiple packages in her AI data instead of running scenes you can make her follow set the stage to something in a different quest triggering a package, then just questproperty.reset() for setting the quest stage back ot the lowest variable

GG painslut thread has become SCRIPTING AND TROUBLESHOOTING 101 lol

Okay, this girl really needs a summon skill. After she vanished, never to reappear as I cried about earlier, i did a clean save and reinstalled her.  Took a bit to get her out of that basement, but finally got her out and about.  Then she vanished crossing the Battle-born Farm just outside Whiterun.  I waited, but she never caught up, so i retraced my steps, and she was nowhere to be found.  Luckily this time, she appeared when I went into a building or i'd've had to reinstall her again.

I used to use UFO, but i switched to AFT.  Not sure why, it was so long ago, but i think it was because AFT was more light weight (could be mistaken).  Or maybe because AFT lets me set Town, Home and Standard outfits for my followers.  I dont' recall UFO doing that.

AFT is very script heavy, but its awesome its my fav. Complete control over your followers. Its limitation is that you can only have 5 "active" followers, though it will keep track of 32 (the creator stated he may increase that to 64 at some point). When I say complete control I mean it is to the extent that you can take Lydia and turn her into a pure mage if you wanted to. Set her stats and skills to whatever you want and teach her spells, including non-vanilla spells, and make it so she heals you. I wish it had the ability to have more active followers, but as Duester (sp?) stated.. "the game running one of my followers is the equivalent of EFF or UFO running 25 followers, there are that many scripts governing them". More than 5 kills its stability.

Question about UFO and Alicia - do you see standard follower options or advanced options from UFO when you talk to her?

I am trying to track down why she doesn't show any sign of default follower behavior even though she has the required factions and relationships. She doesn't even register in the follower count. 

At first I thought it was because of the special quest loop she is on, or maybe the voice options, but removing those from the mod and setting her with a regular voice didn't make any difference.

Right now I am working on moving the race customization into the esm side of the mod and see if that helps.

On mine she has no regular follower dialogue. I have not tried to manager her with AFT, but I will and see if/what breaks

She Really likes killing things. She doesnt get as excited when your beating her, but I like hearing her purr :wub:

On mine she has no regular follower dialogue. I have not tried to manager her with AFT, but I will and see if/what breaks

She Really likes killing things. She doesnt get as excited when your beating her, but I like hearing her purr :wub:

Same thing with AFT - no special dialog, managed by AFT or not.

One of my first order of business once I get her follower behavior fixed is to implement a need for beatings. The OnHit script event seems a good place to start :)

Lol Glad that I supplied you with something to learn on rofl, I have no idea how a standard follower works either

All her lines like inventory open and shit are just script run

And her follow scene just adds a follow player package

WIsh she could get on board and voice more for it but oh well lifes life

Also if anyone has severly kinky ideas for followers and wants to pony up cash for the VA I'll script and build it for free :P Seems theres less hesitation when you offer them 100$ Its like the stripclubs of voice acting!!!

I also have not lost her yet, the only issue I had is that after her initial encounter she just hung in her pose, could not talk to her. I could target, just no dialogue window would come up to ask her to follow. I slapped her around a bit thinking maybe I had to trigger something. Then a bit more because ya know, she wanted me to. I used the console to push her and after she got up I could talk with her normally. Would be cool to actually be able to place her in the devices.

Lol Glad that I supplied you with something to learn on rofl, I have no idea how a standard follower works either

All her lines like inventory open and shit are just script run

And her follow scene just adds a follow player package

WIsh she could get on board and voice more for it but oh well lifes life

Also if anyone has severly kinky ideas for followers and wants to pony up cash for the VA I'll script and build it for free :P Seems theres less hesitation when you offer them 100$ Its like the stripclubs of voice acting!!!

Its money for speaking/acting lines. And those that hear it will never know who you are. Winning

I also have not lost her yet, the only issue I had is that after her initial encounter she just hung in her pose, could not talk to her. I could target, just no dialogue window would come up to ask her to follow. I slapped her around a bit thinking maybe I had to trigger something. Then a bit more because ya know, she wanted me to. I used the console to push her and after she got up I could talk with her normally. Would be cool to actually be able to place her in the devices.

Sounds like the main quest didn't trigger right. Make sure you have installed the latest version (v0.24). The quest should trigger when you first go into the basement. There should also be a bloddy note next to the basement entrance.

You may have to do a clean save if you don't have the latest version installed.

I never got a "quest".  I picked up the note, went into the basement, where she runs from the ladder area, does a speech, then runs to the chest after which I can move and talk to her.  But nope, no quest, unless you mean a behind the scenes setup with no marker and nothing in the quest log.  I don't understand modder lingo, so everything I read i translate into layman terms as much as possible.

I never got a "quest".  I picked up the note, went into the basement, where she runs from the ladder area, does a speech, then runs to the chest after which I can move and talk to her.  But nope, no quest, unless you mean a behind the scenes setup with no marker and nothing in the quest log.  I don't understand modder lingo, so everything I read i translate into layman terms as much as possible.

Yes... if she is running to the chest after her welcome speech, that means her 'quest' is running.

The quest objective should also be displayed in your journal, but there is no action - just a note about you having to babysit Alicia for her real master :)

Wouldn't mind seeing her made compatible with AFT.  

(hint hint)

:P

I am using AFT as well, so that would be my first choice by default. In fact, if I can enable her as a regular follower, she should pick up the options of whatever follower enhancement mod you are using.

@DDproductions83 - Source scripts or not, she make a wonderful base to tinker with. Given enough time, I think I should be able to either work around the unreachable code or rebuild some of it using the same voice assets.

I have some idea I want to experiment with to add to her behavior (i.e what happens if she is bored). Ultimately, here is what I have in mind for her:

- add a way to act on her suggestions

- give her a temporary bonus if you hit her regularly

- a debuff if you neglect her

- maybe a small sequence where bring her someone to play with as she asks so many times. 

- Another idea would be to have her true owner (Sanguine) come and check on her from time to time.

- A neutral and convenient place for the basement entrance would be nice too. I need to think about a good location.

Don't hold your breath though. These are just ideas. I can't tell how long it will take to get any of this implemented.

An awful lot can be done without ever getting into more voiced lines :)

Those do sound awesome. ^_^

So.. my attempt at giving her normal follower behavior failed so far. Moving the race customizations into the esm file wasn't enough.

On the bright side, that allowed me to tidy things up a bit between the bsa, esm and esp files.  All race definitions are in the esm file now. The bsa file only contains the old compiled versions of the scripts (just in case the uncompiled versions are missing something) and the sound files. The NPC definitions, quests, basement and behaviors are in the esp file.

I am sure I am missing something stupid to make her work with follower mods. In the meantime, that's a great excuse to learn CKeditor.

Edit: I got one step closer.

For anyone interested in technical details, the short story is that default follower dialogues are controlled by a quest 'DialogFollower'. Looking at conditions to trigger that quest points at leveled lists for voice types. 

I added Alicia's custom voice type to these lists and 'voila', the default follower / marriage topics appear under her list of potential topics.

Another actor variable controls her 'waiting' state (WaitingForPlayer). I tried forcing it to '1' to enable the default 'come... I need help' topic. She has the right factions so that should work.... and it doesn't.

Still missing something but I am very close now :)

If I can get that to work, I can get rid of the forced following state from the quest and let the default follower package take over.

I got the basic follower dialogs to show. All I had to do was to force the start of the follower quest from the custom follow topic instead of trying to get the default topic to show.

That enabled interesting behaviors, like Alicia picking up a broom or cooking while being idle in a home, or the 'I need comfort' option to appear in the menu (from Lover Comfort).

I need to run more tests tomorrow and make sure the other follower actions work as expected with the custom topics.

In the meantime, here is a little teaser screenshot of an AFT enabled Alicia.

post-159469-0-64259400-1373351246_thumb.jpg

Hey, loving the Follower, and using the compatibility patch for SexLab :D everything's working great! However, 2 things just happened; one had me cracking up and honestly, doesn't even bother me lol. The second thing doesn't bother me at all because I simply do not use the house to begin with, but here:

NOTE: I'm not 100% sure if what's happening is because of this mod, it sounds logical to me but could be wrong, if so, apologies :)

-Lydia has not only lost her original dialog options to talk about what a Thane is and what not, but now almost every time she greets me, it's as if the "Throw voice" shout was being triggered from her every time she greets lol... For example, when I activate her or just walk nearby, she says things like "Hey troll face!", which again... this had me cracking up for a solid 10 minutes :P The weird thing though is that I'm sure it's lines from the Throw/Fool voice shout, and it's the same voice and the voice has the same echo-y effects as well

-I'm aware that the mod makes it so BreezeHome is no longer Key-Locked, which is fine... but the Jarl's Stewart doesn't sell furniture anymore.

Again, none of those things bug me really, and not sure if it's this mod's doing (specially the first thing with Lydia), but I figured I'd throw them in here :)

Looking forward for the Follower Overhaul mods compatibility updates!

It would work really well if you could some how make Alicia a succubus with this mod maybe... Lady Lucretia - A Succubus Follower It would be cool if she could turn into a succubus in battle.

As long as it were an optional download and not part of the main mod, or an optional MCM setting, i'd have no problem with it.  But that being the main part of the mod would actually steer me away from this mod.  I have too much enjoyment watching her work her daggers in a fight to want to change that.  :P