Anyone tried VORB?

thesin

Its not that I'm not comfortable, I'm simply lazy )) and really don't have that much spare time anyway. It'd be great if people who've already gone through the trouble of converting meshes would publish the list of mod dl link + converted meshes dl link, or something like that.

I actually got a few packs I was able to identify from the vorb site (More Revealing Standard Clothing-34793.7z etc), and several meshes are broken there, transparent in-game and file sizes are too small (~2kb).

Has anyone had an issue with lowerbody clothing not conforming right with this? Upperbody seems fine, but for some reason lowerbody clothes just use the vanilla body shape. Haven't gotten very far in messing with it yet, so maybe its just the basic clothing doing it.

Also, for some reason after making the conversion, some NPCs are walking around with the feet stuck inside the ground. Not sure whats up with that. I like this for the most part though.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this mod recently to create an inate difference between the child and the adult in my game.

Sadly unless you want more huge boobs, this mod will not be useful for more realism.

The main problem with your mod is that the skeleton doesn't fit the hgec body correctly, that's what cause those inhuman cliping between the LowerBodyand the the foot. The leg bones under the knees are too small, it should be changed to mimic the universal skeleton. the calf scale bones is set to produce callous knee in all your variation, that setting should seriously be altered too.

The second problem is the poor choice of body base: hgec Ecup LL is not a good average, especially considering that barely 10% of woman in the world have that cupsize (taking in account that the hgec size are not correct: hgec E is D cup in the real world). The average would be between High C cup and Low D cup. the next problem is connected to this one.

Due to the sheer size of the base it is not possible to reach an AAA size (contrary to what you claim): every breast transform scaling under 0.5 makes the chest caves in so the smaller possible is actually a B low cup. It could be reduced by having a smaller cupsize as a starting point and adding a bones to compensate the caving of the chest.(maybe separating the wheighting into many stage?)

I found those problem when trying to redo the hgecLowTeenbody from the setbody2ch edition. From that mod I would advise you to use the hgec Iroiro D cup which is more realistic as a base.

That mod show promises but it need some more work before it's usable for anyone who would enjoy a realistic variation of the cyrodiilian shape

It needs a specific body with more vertice in the breasts, closer to the real world proportion.(in short a specificVorbs body rather than the stock hgec Dcup one) probably a 2 or 3 stage separation of the breasttransform bones to remove the caving when making a small chest.

• 2 months later...

hey im trying to give one of my npc (viconia more specifically) a specific body type by using the "skel_special_xxxxxx" method where "xxxxx" is the form id of the npc.

i have tried both form ids provided by form id finder, repatch my bashed patch each time i do a change and yet the mod remains stubborn and continues to use the skeleton(vorbtized) that was normally assigned to it.

Am i doing something wrong and could someone please kindly point me in the right direction? THANKS AND ALL HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED :D

I just discovered this mod a few days ago, and am new to the art of modding. I've been looking into the issue with greaves (such as the rusty iron greaves) which disappear. Then I noticed a second set of breasts underneath the armor that kept peeking out. Then I stripped my character and equipped the greaves, and noted that the upper torso changed slightly and took on a bit of a shine.

I downloaded nifskope and looked at the meshes - they are of a nude female top. I wasn't surprised. Too bad it seems Vader is busy for a while. If I have the time, I'll try to figure out how to modify these meshes to make them proper. My temporary fix is to find another piece of armor to substitute for now.

I checked the archives I downloaded and those meshes are incorrect. However, overall I'd say this is one of the more ambitious and useful mods I've come across.

luffyboy I had a post a while back on how to get your custom skel file working on an npc,I do not know what page it was on this thread but it should not be to far back as there has not been much activity on this thread...or vorb, that i am aware of.

Make sure to name the skel file exactly as noted caps where needed and all(it's touchy)

Since i don't see vorb being worked on any more, can anyone recommend me other body mods that have to do with HGEC, I remember there was one that you could change leg height and the like....

Since i don't see vorb being worked on any more' date=' can anyone recommend me other body mods that have to do with HGEC, I remember there was one that you could change leg height and the like....

[/quote']

I knew I had come across the mod you were asking about recently, it is Growlf's Body Resizing Mod at http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31955 to change leg height. I like BBB Design Body Spell at http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34762 myself, it lets me switch rapidly between many of the major body types (and change NPCs too). I might see if the two can play together okay.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello LoversLab, just came back to Oblivion after a long stint. Hey, after looking around on my hard-drive, I have a copy in a zip file of the VORB conversion tool. However, before I post it here for everyone, I am trying to contact VadersApp over at the Nexus to ask permission first. I will give it around a week, as it shows him being last active there in January. If I do get his permission, I'll ask him to upload it himself here, so it will be the most current one available. If I can't get him, I will upload what I have. There are problems with that however.

1: I do not know if this particular conversion tool is for 1.5 or 1.6 of VORB. This could cause unforseen problems and I don't have any idea how to check what version the tool is written for.

2: This tool was compiled with 2.6.2 of Python (or thereabouts). I have 2.7.3 on my PC for the latest Wrye Bash, so I tried opening the tool and it behaved in such a fashion that I had to hard shutdown my PC (hold the power button for 6 seconds). Also, I think this tool requires Blender 2.51 (maybe?) and the nifscripts for it. It may need Nifscope also. At the very least, if I do release this in a week or so due to VA not replying, It will need people who 'know how' to decompile it, and then recompile it in the new python at the very least.

However, if we can get this done, then perhaps the Lab here will let us have a thread dedicated to VORB-atized clothing, that we all use this tool for? I have dearly been wanting to convert some things myself of course, as I still use VORB and love it. This is just a heads up concerning the tool that I have and possible problems with it. I'll post again, folks. Hopefully I will get in touch with VA. Until then, Happy Gaming!! -Merctime

Does this mod randomly causes NPCs to be fat' date=' tall or short? Or does it set permanent height and shape?

[/quote']

Short answer: Yes to random, no to fat.

Long answer: What VORB does, once installed, is randomly create a new 'skeleton' for each NPC in the game when you load into Oblivion. It creates these skeletons from a script (i think) with a bunch of different variables. None of these variables affect the height of any NPC to my knowledge. However, the variables in VORB's skeleton structure are mainly made for variety in women NPC's currently, and allows for lots of variety in their appearance. You might have some that have large butts, large breasts, or small butts, small breasts, or any combination... with alot of variety in the sizes.

However... The way the bones are in the VORB skeleton, do not really help the males out too much. The bones that add size to the female breasts actually increase the size of the stomachs in the males for some reason, and also seem to increase thier thigh size. So for Male NPC's, the only real variety you get is from the basic Roberts Male body replacer to varying degrees of fatness. I have seen some mod recently that randomly 'widens' or 'stretches' the body of NPC's, and would love to see how that mod does that, and have that function added to a new VORB so that Male NPC's/PC's can actually look buff and muscular also.

Note that VORB uses it's own skeleton. This skeleton works well with lovers, and If I recall it's a modified mixture of Corronera's and the skeleton from DR 5 or so, so it should work well if you use Deadly Reflex mods too.

Also note that you can manually set a specific skeleton (which will create a 'bodyshape') to any particular NPC. Theoretically you could do this for every NPC in the game as well as the PC, but this would take a very long time to do. But, if there is a few NPC's you would like to see differently, you can update thier skeletons so that they have a more appealing form to you.

VORB changes the way clothing/armors 'sit' on an actor's body. Due to this, any clothing/armor will need to be made ready to accept VORB's skeletons. If they are not, lets say you have instead an HGEC E cup set of armor replacers installed that is not set for VORB... Well all of the armors in that set will overwrite VORB's look and you will see HGEC E cup shapes on NPC's wearing those particular armors until they are naked... then you will see the VORB shape underneath when the armor is off.

Last note: again, to my knowledge, VORB does nothing to alter height. That is still controlled by what race the particular NPC is. Bosmer will be shorter, High Elves will be taller, etc... like they are in vanilla Oblivion.

I'm searching a body replacer I saw at the Nexus that stretches the bodies out, side to side. I'd like to see that put into VORB's calculations. I'll post as soon as I find this mod, its taking forever :P

EDIT: Ok I finally found the damn thing. It's located here:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/4205

Hey, this does change the height a bit, but more importantly to me at least, widens out the character possibly. this could make males look more buffed or muscular. Does anyone know if this could be 'written into' VORB??

To the random... :C

I used to use Reneers Varied NPC Mod http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/29564 bu what bugged so this randomness. I just don't like seeing same NPCs over and over being fat and next time I meet him slim. It just kill the atmosphere.

you can manually set a specific skeleton (which will create a 'bodyshape') to any particular NPC. Theoretically you could do this for every NPC in the game as well as the PC, but this would take a very long time to do. But, if there is a few NPC's you would like to see differently, you can update thier skeletons so that they have a more appealing form to you.

Do I do it in the CS or through the mod interface?

I see the mod adds textures for each race. What is the resolution of that texture? 2000-something x 2000-something?

///Edit:

merctime - thank you for answers, I feel helped. :)

To the random... :C

I used to use Reneers Varied NPC Mod http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/29564 bu what bugged so this randomness. I just don't like seeing same NPCs over and over being fat and next time I meet him slim. It just kill the atmosphere.

OK. Your not getting me. Or' date=' I didn't explain fully enough. Yes, it's random... No, it's not random like multiple times per NPC :P

VORB checks ONE TIME per game what skeletons NPC's will use for the duration of that game. Once they are assigned one on game start up, thats the skeleton (and thus body shape) they have for the whole game. Unless of course you change it...

Do I do it in the CS or through the mod interface?

I see the mod adds textures for each race. What is the resolution of that texture? 2000-something x 2000-something?

Short answer: You adjust through the CS, not the mod.

Not sure on the texture thing, I use Ozmo's still. You'll need to read up on that. And there are instructions in this thread on how to assign special or player-made skeletons to a specific NPC, quite a few pages back. I generally use the TES4Edit method that someone suggested a page or two back.

You generally pick a skeleton nif, name it according to the instructions earlier in this thread, adjust as you like, and use TES4Edit on the bashed patch to find the ingame FormID of the NPC and alter the skeleton there, and then build the bashed patch. At least that's how I do it, and it works just fine. Not sure how you would do this with the non-Wryebash version.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm still not convinced VORB wont ruin my game.

i use a shitload of armor replacers, including my own changes to some armors.

ans as VORB doesnt seem to include a complete (skimpy) stock armor/clothes replacer or an application to easily convert all your .nifs i wont be using it (soon).

thanks' date=' seen your post quite soon after my request :)

[/quote']

Have you gotten this tool to work, Dead? If you did... how is it working for you? Any info or pics as to how it's going?

sorry, its python and it has to be started via python console, which i'm a noob at.

i once tried a python tool for minecraft - it didnt work, because it was missing some libraries which are included in linux by standard. but as i'm an XP user, i got no clue as of how to get that shit running.

as of that tool: i would have to ask an old friand if he would help me start it... and i dont dare asking him, because i havent seen him for years and the only times i wrote to him was when i had trouble with some program :D

i hope someone finds out and tells me - then i'll start converting all that is found on LL, the nexus and planetelderscrolls...

and even though i prefer HGEC e-cup LL-lowerbody, i'd convert the H-cup, DMRA and magabody and everything, just because i know how friggin hard it is to find that converted shit and how frustrating it is to find just the friggin most awesome stuff/outfit and nobody ever converted it to your prefered body.

• 5 months later...
well, well, well, do i understand this right (from reading some other forums on this modtopic):

this includes a series of different skeletons for the different bodyshapes - those include scaled bones and as the body-, armor- and clothes-meshes do have the same scaled bones, those get scaled by the skeleton (almost like BBB works). so converting meshes only consists of adding said bones to them, so they can get affected by the skeleton?

(hopefully) last question: Is this version running stable and compatible with BBB animations and BreakUndies/BreakArmor?

i just posted that on the other site whichs name i dont dare speaking here.

so, i'm willing to try to get this program running and converting.

as long as someone can tell me if its going to be compatible with BBB and BreakArmor (BreakVanillaUndies).

edit: i tried running the executable, but it says "this is not a valid win32 executable".

can someone help me get this thing up and running?

I cannot seem to get this to work.

I can run vorb.exe just fine, categorize, convert, but it gets stuck at some point during 'converting' process in blender.

I changed my resolution to 1440x900 and set taskbar icon size normal ( I use small icon usually)

But for some reason, mouse pointer freezes at 'select' tab of blender and does nothing anymore.

I don't think my desktop layout or resolution is the problem.. something else is wrong. Success anyone?

Archived