Anyone tried VORB?

thesin

mrpouit: yeah i read about the 00 thing at that es site...one that has the tuts,just was unsure if it worked with npcs.

Irx: yeah,in my game the feet are misaligned...still without being able set the body i want,i am far less concerned about minor issues.

well,i think i've run out of steam and am contemplating wither i should quit obivion again...this is some really frustrating shit

EDIT: sent a bug report to the wyre guys...it's already fixed according to them and added to the svn,either these guys work like the flash or it was done before i ever added the bug report....think it's the former :)

EDIT2: still not working :( ,sigh....

Great mod' date=' but I have some weird problem with it - male pc groin part mesh is distorted/stretched for pc (maybe npcs as well, hard to tell due to angle). Tried a clean install with nothing but VORB. If overwrite VORB files with Roberts, then nude pc looks ok, but any armor (greaves) still have a distorted groin part.

Here is a screenie: [img']http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9862/70515580.jpg[/img]

ROFL!! That's hilarious!

well the vorb skel_special function is working now :) ...finally, after sending another bug report and a comment or 2 back from me and a very cool individual myktaylor(1 of the people who work on wyre bash) vorb is working

ok, so to get it to work you will need the svn tarball of the mopy folder which you can get at the source forge and the "base ID" not the ref id that you get when clicking on something when the console is active or the editor id,what you want is the baseID

get form id finder from the nexus,run it and look for the second formid not the first 1 and remember it or write it down

now select the skel file you want your npc to use and copy it to the same folder,ok next how to rename it, say your npc's base id is 55000AAB ,you should rename the skel file to

skel_special_AAB.nif

now run wyre bash, turn on the the vader's apps skeleton tweaker rebuild the bash patch and enjoy ....used cbash myself

A new file today on Nexus:

VORB Female Stock Clothes and Armor Skimpy

All of the stock clothing and armor converted already?

I don't have VORB installed yet and will probably wait a bit as I just got MBP sort-of working and don't want too many extra problems at the moment. Can someone with VORB confirm that this is actually the entire stock set? There are no images' date=' no comments, and the description is weak. Maybe the conversion process is far less than normal resizing jobs. This will be really great if it's that easy. There are so many armors I've been waiting years to see in different sizes (I can't believe nobody has ever changed Blackluster).

[/quote']

YES- Its Great and does what it says- All stock clothing and armour and more- Works with all files from Lovers + Sexdarkness + Sexvillion and Estraus :).

Downloads from

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37013'>http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37013

Files for Stock-Most Popular MODs like: Frans-MMM-OOO-Warcry-Armamental and Much more.

On Vorbs Website you can upload messes and it will convert them- For example: One Slavekight armour mesh will work for all body types and there are over a 1000 types with vorb all BBB.

This is the next Generation that randomizes all NPC (male and Female) from stock to any Mod and with BBB !

Lets say one game you have a Small bersted Vilja (B cup) for example. All stock cloths & Armour will and did match Match.

My last game she was very big breated its great, all stock cloths & Armour matched to her with that config. Tou maust try.

I have had no Issues and I run over 190 mods with TIE, Fran and MMM as the key Overhauls.

WRYE 292+ Is a must. It is wrye that assign one of the 1000+ VORB Skelitons that will define that NPC's body. Then all cloths and armor is elastic to fit that body... This is a must have.

With lovers and any other mod. (you will see the Vorb genertated body) meaning well over 1000+ varity. 2000+ counting both sexes.

As you can see I am hooked and converting cloths and armor as I type this reply.

PS: stay with the tesnexus downloads only at first- They are BUG free.

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37013

JohnNAv: so it works for you? the conversion site? my uploads are just stuck...during the part right before you're supposed to categorize

11Z11, this is most likely due to some weird thing that has to do with the clothing meshes themselves. I ran into a similar, or perhaps the same, problem as you have. The conversion site would accept my uploads, and as I waited for them to finish, the conversion process would hang to around 40 to 67%. For HOURS, even a whole day. I wrote VA about it, and he let me know that when he checked the clothing I was working on, that in fact the clothing meshes themselves had 'collision data' on them. And the conversion program at VA's site cannot convert them... So the process just hangs and cannot complete. This is bad for 2 reasons. 1) the awesome clothes can't be used with VORB until someone who knows how to remove collision data from clothing models does so and 2) probably the worst, it stuffs up VA's website with models that cannot convert, so others may not be able to get they're conversions done either. Please, if you run into this happening, put that particular set of meshes away somewhere, and note that they cannot function right yet. That will keep the site free from bottlenecking and allow others to convert clothing for this amazing mod. At this time I don't have a fix for it myself, as like I say, I have no idea how to remove collision data from a model. I think this is a strange thing, as I am told that collision data is not standard for clothing models themselves. FYI, the mod I was trying to convert was Bisquits real high heels Vipcxj. I wrote to Bisquit, Vipcxj, and VA about this and got replies from them all. But as the clothing models are Bisquits, he is the go-to guy, and let me know he doesn't have time to visit that particular mod atm. Granted this was around a month ago or more, so something may have changed. I write all this, so you may have some idea as to why the site might not work properly for you. You might try, converting something different just as a simple test. And remember to read the site please... only torso, leg, or full armor type models, no feet or such. And be careful! If you try to convert some clothing that is larger than the HGEC E cup, you might be able to successfully convert, but the results will be outlandishly large due to the skeleton size changes via bones that VORB puts in place.

Also, glad to hear you got your Companion working, and thank you for the update on the new 1.6 skeleton naming convention. I wasn't aware of that. Maybe I'll have to try the custom bombshell skeleton I made on an NPC to test that out.

Hey, if you guys convert anything cool, could you post it here or at least tell us what you have converted with a link to what it is? That would be awesome so we can use it too ^.^ Just a thought! Happy gaming folks...

-Merctime

JohnNAv: so it works for you? the conversion site? my uploads are just stuck...during the part right before you're supposed to categorize

11Z11' date=' this is most likely due to some weird thing that has to do with the clothing meshes themselves. I ran into a similar, or perhaps the same, problem as you have. The conversion site would accept my uploads, and as I waited for them to finish, the conversion process would hang to around 40 to 67%. For HOURS, even a whole day. I wrote VA about it, and he let me know that when he checked the clothing I was working on, that in fact the clothing meshes themselves had 'collision data' on them. And the conversion program at VA's site cannot convert them... So the process just hangs and cannot complete. This is bad for 2 reasons. 1) the awesome clothes can't be used with VORB until someone who knows how to remove collision data from clothing models does so and 2) probably the worst, it stuffs up VA's website with models that cannot convert, so others may not be able to get they're conversions done either. Please, if you run into this happening, put that particular set of meshes away somewhere, and note that they cannot function right yet. That will keep the site free from bottlenecking and allow others to convert clothing for this amazing mod. At this time I don't have a fix for it myself, as like I say, I have no idea how to remove collision data from a model. I think this is a strange thing, as I am told that collision data is not standard for clothing models themselves. FYI, the mod I was trying to convert was Bisquits real high heels Vipcxj.

[/quote']

==============

Is it possable the collision is set for the Shoes from some mods - so they do not sink/Blend into the adjoining terrain.

Perhaps if you Convert meshes other then shoes this may work for you?

Is it possable the collision is set for the Shoes from some mods - so they do not sink/Blend into the adjoining terrain.

Perhaps if you Convert meshes other then shoes this may work for you?

I think that is what is happening, so that the High heels don't do as you say and sink into the ground. Now that you mention it... And thanks for bringing that up!!!

IT WORKED!!! I have fixed my issue of not seeing my body in 1st person mode when attacking etc!

Here is the fix: When you are using a custom skeleton for your PC' date=' you MUST ALSO MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR MESHES/CHARACTER/1STPERSON SKELETON AND SKELETONBEAST.NIFS AND THEN MAKE THE SAME CHANGES TO THE BIPO1 SCALE (this bone or that bone) OF THE SKELETON AND SKELETONBEAST.NIF'S IN THE 1STPERSON FOLDER AS WELL.

Note: you only *need* the skeletonbeast.nif changes for beast races, but it's probably good practice to make the changes anyways.

Sooooo.... Here is the process abreviated for using/making custom skeletons for VORB and being able to see your body in 1st person when you attack etc.

1. Create or download a custom skeleton, or choose a skeleton randomly created by VORB.

2. Make BACK UP COPIES of VORBs original skeleton/skeletonbeast.nif's from these

two locations: data\meshes\characters\_male AND data\meshes\characters\1stPerson

3. As these skeletons share the same name, save them in seperate locations.

Example: Backup\VORB original skeleton (place skeleton and beast.nif's here)

(then make a new folder inside, with the 2 skele .nif's, named 1stPerson)

(place your 1stPerson skeleton and beast.nif's here so they don't overwrite

each other).

4. Take your custom made or randomly created skeleton from VORB you plan to use for

your PC and open it in NifScope. Copy these values on paper:

Bip01 L ScaleThigh

Bip01 R ScaleThigh

Bip01 L ScaleCalf

Bip01 R ScaleCalf

Bip01 L BreastTransform

Bip01 R BreastTransform

Bip01 Scalespine

Bip01 Scalespine1

-Be sure to copy the values for Translation (x, y, z), Rotation (y, p, r) and

Scale for each. These are the only values you really need for each, by the way

5. Take your custom or randomly created skeleton and beast .nifs and place in

data\meshes\characters\_male *ONLY OVERWRITE THE SKELETON'S IN THIS FOLDER*

6. Now, this is the step that fixes the "I can't see my body in 1stPerson mode"

Thing... Those values that you copied on paper, take them and update the

skeleton and beast.nif's in data\meshes\characters\1stPerson. Remember to check

and ensure ALL VALUES ARE THE SAME AS YOUR CUSTOM/RANDOMLY CREATED SKELETON.

7. Re-build the bashed patch! This really should be done EVERY time you alter a

skeleton and/or beast.nif for VORB. It might be wonky if you don't.

In retrospect, It seems that the 1st person skeleton/beast.nif's are actually different .nif files than the ones in the _male folder. And I believe that is what was causing the problems for us. I think this is why I had a crash to desktop when I loaded the game where I simply copied/pasted/overwrote the 1stPerson skeletons with the ones in the _male folder.

[/quote']

OK, also i have finally had a chance to try this method. So far it has not been successful but there are some differences in our approach and situation so i am going to reply with some information now and keep editing until i resolve the problem. I do believe that your method will eventually prove successful simply because it is the only one that makes sense so far.

Ok so to begin i play male characters. I don't know if you play male or female characters so i mention this at the beginning not as an insult but it might affect the outcome. Second; i am using the skeletons (_male and _1stperson, skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif) which comes with the base VORB 1.60 package. I believe this one is related to corona's max compatibility skeleton. Unless i am mistaken those are the only differences between our skeleton and VORB setup.

So i ran through your process step by step. Except that i did not download a custom skeleton as i am content with the base VORB skeletons. I do have a question though:

"ALL VALUES ARE THE SAME AS YOUR CUSTOM/RANDOMLY CREATED SKELETON."

By this do you mean the eight values that you mentioned or all the values in the skeleton file?

After i rebashed the patch the armor still does not show so i downloaded your bombshell file and took a look in nifscope. The only difference i could find is that the BIP01 BreastTransform L and R in your files have a rotation of (-90, 75, 0) as opposed to my (-90, 65, 0). Obviously our scale figures are different but mine are consistent between the first person and male skeletons so don't think scale is the problem.

My next step will be to edit all my skellies to match your rotation figure and see if that makes a difference. i cannot see how it would but you never know.

I am also going to take a look at the armor in the Construction Set to see if i can figure out why some VORBastized armor works, and some does not.

I hope that made sense, I also hope you might have some other ideas. I have some leads but i am inexperienced with nifscope and the CS so i am stabbing blindly at this point.

Thank you for taking the time to share your method.

edit: changed the values for all skeletons to match your rotation figure. Still no effect. I looked at the armors in the CS ad i cannot see any differences between working and non-working armors in the item properties. I still have hope but i am rapidly running out of leads.

edit2: Ok i am really at a loss now. i replaced my skeleton files with your bombshell files and made a female character for testing. Still no effect the broken armor is still invisible. Make that two test characters one from MBP and a Wood elf and neither one works. i wonder if i am missing a step somewhere.

When you rebuilt your bashed patch do you use the option with "(cbash)" or the other one?

merctime: You're probably not familier with me from HF,I always read instructions...also read VA posts at the official threads,here and the nexus...could not find any answers so as i deemed this very important to everyones enjoyment of oblivion i went the wyre guys themselves.

I said somewhere else i also tried a smaller mod upload,for me it takes forever...just the generating pics part...as also said before the files in the small pack all had egm files as well(not uploaded)

for the big pack maybe i should let someone else do it...then there is the whole author thing,the mod in question takes meshes...from butloads of authors,the idea of having to contact all that lot seems impossible...and frankly too much.

obscure2011: Ok, I have not done what you are attempting as i was to busy attempting to get the skel_special function to work,but basically what i understood from what merctime wrote in his instructions was that

you would pick a skel you want your char to have,open it in nifscope and write down the values he mentioned ,then rename it to skeleton.nif which is the default skel file name in the male folder

2 then backup the skeletons for 1st person and beasr,finally copy the the values he mentioned to the 1st person skeleton and the beast(by using nifscope).

that should be it as far i understood what he wrote...actually pretty simple.

merctime: You're probably not familier with me from HF' date='I always read instructions...also read VA posts at the official threads,here and the nexus...could not find any answers so as i deemed this very important to everyones enjoyment of oblivion i went the wyre guys themselves.

I said somewhere else i also tried a smaller mod upload,for me it takes forever...just the generating pics part...as also said before the files in the small pack all had egm files as well(not uploaded)

for the big pack maybe i should let someone else do it...then there is the whole author thing,the mod in question takes meshes...from butloads of authors,the idea of having to contact all that lot seems impossible...and frankly too much.

obscure2011: Ok, I have not done what you are attempting as i was to busy attempting to get the skel_special function to work,but basically what i understood from what merctime wrote in his instructions was that

you would pick a skel you want your char to have,open it in nifscope and write down the values he mentioned ,then rename it to skeleton.nif which is the default skel file name in the male folder

2 then backup the skeletons for 1st person and beasr,finally copy the the values he mentioned to the 1st person skeleton and the beast(by using nifscope).

that should be it as far i understood what he wrote...actually pretty simple.

[/quote']

yes, unfortunately when i tried that it did not work for me. So i tired to detail the process which i went through. I am hoping that i missed something simple.

Sorry if i was unclear but i was hoping more information would be better than less.

Ok what you said about the "eight values" is what I meant. Basically, this. If you are using a skeleton that is NOT the standard, I.E. you change the eight values for it, you MUST ALSO use those same values in the skeleton that is located in the 1st person folder. This should mean, that if you are not using any modified skeleton in the _male folder, that you should NOT have to modify the skeleton in the 1stperson folder, as they are both default VORB skeletons. I believe what 11Z11 has found, is that this new 1.6 VORB uses and recognizes a new naming convention for using NON RANDOMLY ASSIGNED BY VORB skeletons for NPC's; My only question is whether this is ONLY for companions, or if this naming of the skeleton to 'aab" etc must be done for any old NPC as well.

Also, 11Z11, I did not mean to insult you or insinuate that you don't read readme's, its just a standard question that I ask when I am stumped and have no idea how to help, just to be safe. It sure seems here like you know what you are doing, so please don't take it like I am bashing you in some way. I do appreciate your findings here. My only intentions were to try to find some way to assist you, or at the very least offer something you might not have thought about in order to help.

Considering the playing of male/female characters, well I actually have 5 or 6. I use WryeBash's profile manager feature, and incorporate seperate bash patches, for each character. So in my data folder, for 5 characters, would be 5 bashed patches, named Bashed Patch1 through Bashed Patch5. I have each set up bashing different mod types for each respective character according to how I want to play them. The problem here is, VORB still only recognizes ONE player character skeleton (well two, if you count the one in 1st person folder) as playable, so unless I want my males to have really large bellies (as that is how it translates to them with those breast bone values) I need to overide my custom bombshell with VORB's default skeletons in each of the _male and 1st person folders each time I switch to playing my male characters and rebuild the patch again EVERY time or it won't take. I think the rebuilding of the bashed patch is a reqiurement because of the "VORB..." skeleton option in the rebuild... that tells me (but I don't know for sure) that the bashed patch stores info from the skeleton in it. Why I have to rebuild it when I am using a different bashed patch in that line-up, I don't know, I just know that I have to do it. or get wierd results.

If you are using male characters, and still not getting your 'body' graphics in 1st person, I don't understand why. It seems to me that the default skeletons in both folders should not produce that. But, to be safe... I'd re-install and overwrite what you have with the default skeletons in both folders (KEEPING IN MIND THEY ARE DIFFERENT AND SPECIFIC. 1stperson MUST go in 1stperson folder, _male MUST go in _male folder...) and then rebuild your patch.

To my knowledge the only reason to modify the VORB skeleton in the 1st person folder is if you are making modifications to the standard skeleton in the _male folder. As I have said, these two skeletons seem to be different but MUST share the same 'values', and by that I mean the eight values, as you say. the BIP01 things, that VA has told us make up the scalable bones that can be modified. If however, your playing males, and just use the default skeletons, I am clueless as to why you still recieve this graphical problem, as both skeletons should start out with the same default values and match.

Example. If I change my skeleton in the _male folder like this:

BIP01RBreastTransform scale 1.734

BIP01LBreastTransform scale 1.734

...etc, etc, basically changing the values in each of the eight bones that they can be changed, then I need to change the values of the DEFAULT SKELETON IN THE 1stPerson folder to match them accordingly, or I will not see my body in 1st person mode! Again to remind, you can't simply copy and past the _male folder skeleton into the 1stPerson folder, it will cause CTD's at worst if not every time as they are in fact different skeletons. You MUST use nifscope or something to make the same changes to the 1stperson skeleton.

(1stperson skeleton)

BIP01RBreastTransform scale 1.734

BIP01LBreastTransform scale 1.734

etc, etc, making sure all eight bones have the same values between the two. I know I'm repeating myself alot here, but at least to me this shit is confusing. Now, you should have 2 different skeletons with the same values and now should not have any issues of not seeing your body in 1st person. However, again, this does not make sense that you wouldn't be seeing your body in 1st person if you make no changes in the first place! I am really confused on that. I hope you get it cleared up, and please post here again, so that we can find out what you find. Best of luck to you both, and to anyone who is trying this mod. Sorry for the huge and scatterbrained post, Ive had too much coffee and not enough nicotene :\

Happy gaming! -Merctime

merctime: don't worry about it, I'm a rather considerate fellow, I know you're just trying to help...now about your issue

I've been playing with this char since 2007,not the whole time because i took a big break(boring ass gates,enter gate,close and repeat...boring...and oblivion is an ugly place)...late 2010 i resurrected my game with a mods list i saved from my old game,so yeah I got no intention of changing chars

So i have not run into your problem,though got some theories,as for the vorb skel assignment info,if you read a page back i'd google on the hunt for the location and i can tell you it's not in the bash patch...or in that bash dat file in mygames...so still don't know.

for the skeleton problem,I do remember i think a setting somewhere which i thin in oblivion ini which tells oblivion what folders to use for what(i think)...oh and there was an app specifically made for people who have mulitple profiles....i forgot the name...as obviously i've no interest in it...try a goole search or browse the nexus tool section...or maybe someone here knows the name

not sure how much help it was but good luck...oh and about the naming for the skel special,it works for any npc...after all,your companions are npc as well

Ok, thank you both very much for taking the time to reply in such an in depth manner. At least it has confirmed that i did everything right except that it should not have been necessary in the first place. Since i am using the base skeleton there should have been no problems. BUT and there is always a but i think i might be on to something now however i need some advice about Wyrebash before i dare proceed.

I was reading up on building bashed patches and the difference between Cbash and regular. Cbash comes with Wyrebash 293 which i am using. My bashed patch is build using Cbash. Cbash builds patches with C++ instead of python. For at least one person on the forums cbash has caused missing texture (and other) problems. So, since my patch is build using Cbash would i be better off deleting the bashed patch and building a new one w/o Cbash or rebuilding using normal bashing?

I have tried reinstalling the _male and _1stperson folders and to no avail so i really think the bashed patch is the last frontier that i can take this fight.

Thank you for your help

Dude, Obscure, I bet that's it for you. Yeah, I would go ahead and just remove that Cbashed patch, and just put another blank one in there, and rebuild it regularly. It should be as simple as that. So, delete the bashed patch you have, go into the Mopy folder and look for the blank bashed patch, copy it into your data folder, and make sure it is named EXACTLY as the one you previously had, and in Wryebash make sure that under the "Author" tab under the "mods" tab the new bashed patch reads "BASHED PATCH" that is with all caps. If you allready knew all of that, please disregard, I don't mean to be insulting... Just going over basics. Once you rebuild the patch regularly you should be golden... And I am keenly interested in finding out if that works for you. If it does, it's definately something to let the Wryebash team know about for future Cbash work. Thanks for the updates on your progress, and I hope you get it solved!

obscure2011: so you're using the default skeleton?the one that came with vorb?you did not choose another one?

If you're just using the default one for "your" char,then there was no need to follow merctime's guide...unless you did want and chose a new skeleton for your char...kinda hard to tell from your last post

obscure2011: so you're using the default skeleton?the one that came with vorb?you did not choose another one?

If you're just using the default one for "your" char' date='then there was no need to follow merctime's guide...unless you did want and chose a new skeleton for your char...kinda hard to tell from your last post

[/quote']

That is correct i am using the skeleton named skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif that came from the VORB 1.60 compressed folder. I am not using a modified skeleton renamed to skeleton.nif. However i have tried using a renamed skeleton (the bombshell that merctime offered for download) and have come up with the same results.

After removing my bashed patch and creating another from the backup i still cannot see some armor in first person. I am fresh out of ideas. Since Merctime was able to solve the problem there must be some difference in our setups but what that could be is beyond me. I will go back to lurking the nexus forums in hope that this issue will, one day, be patched.

merctime: Ran into some problems with some boots that have heels on them,part of the foot,near the toes,sinks into the ground...is this related to that high heal system by that j something dude? and is that system mostly used for anything with heels?

I ask a i have this vorb conversion i am still testing out...what do you think i should do just ignore those meshes or set them to male when categorizing...what would be the outcome of ignoring them?I'd guess the default lower body or foot might be used?maybe...depending on how high the boot is....

Oh and i indeed had run into some info regarding this before...but i've forgotten...

yes' date='at the conversion site and at the nexus...

[/quote']

I wasn't able to find on nexus anything other than the VORB itself, and files on the conversion site only contain meshes, not always possible to understand which mod are they from and find it... that's why I was wondering if there are any ready-to-use VORB clothes/armor packs. )

Sorry people, I have looked everywhere for a tool to convert meshes to VORB-meshes without luck =(. I have tried to use the vorb website to convert the meshes but following the instructions on the site it took days before I could Categorize uploaded meshes. Now I have waited 2 more days and it is still stuck at 60%-categorized...

So I'm asking is there a kind soul who can show me(and others) another way to do this on my own, maybe a small guide, cause i'm not any modder =P

shit,that one big pack i uploaded for conversion took like a week so i'm not sure what to tell you...heck i'm still not sure what to do about it...ran into some problems with heeled boots,so in the meantime i've run into another problem with my game so the corrected version won't be done soon

i mentioned it as even if you re-categorize only a few meshes still seems to take ages,the guide you mentioned can be found throughout the pages here,you will just have to read,maybe the op could gather the info and place it in a sticky on the 1st page some time

Oh and the packs at the nexus are in vorb's own file list..where you download vorb,scroll down,you will see some packs including the nude female replacer :)

Irx:that's the way it should be,only the meshes should be uploaded for conversion and only the meshes should be in a vorb pack

the original mod is installed and the vorb pack overwrites the original meshes with vorb ready ones,if you are not comfortable with possibly moving around some files manually(some packs may have the correct folder structure and make it easier) then perhaps this may not be for you

Archived