Anyone tried VORB?

thesin

Honestly' date=' I have this issue as well. I seem to see the armor etc meshes, but it's like my body is invisible. Personally, I just deal with it, and I can't remember where but I *think* I recall this being a problem if you have custom animations installed for like combat/swimming etc? That's kind of unfortunate, because I love Fore's work on custom anims as well as others, and I don't even honestly know if this is the source of the problem. If anyone can confirm this, and possibly has info on a fix, even if it means uninstalling all of those wonderful anims, I'd appreciate that as well. I'm *guessing* it may be due to how VORB 1.6 has incorporated BBB type anims directly into the skeleton (that's how it works now, right?) and allows for BBB to show up on converted clothing at different rates depending on what type of armor it is (if, that is, it is configured like that during the conversion process. I have done this myself on the site that VA has provided for us).

Really, I'd love to hear if others besides us have or had this issue, what they have found out, and what they did to rectify it.

Edit: As an aside, I don't believe any of the lovers animations provide any problems whatsoever with VORB 1.6, but I could be wrong. I'm using both at this time, and have had no issues along those lines whatsoever.

[/quote']

Hello again,

At least i am not the only one who is having this problem. The reason that i am pointing the finger at VORB is that i don't use any other first person animation re placers and VORB 1.6 includes a bunch of them. I actually like all but one of them (the stabbing animation works with maces which kind of looks dumb) so i am loath to just delete them.

I also know that VadersApps said he wanted to take a break from the project so i am really hoping there is a work around, may be using TES CS. I am really not fluent enough with the tools to just start stabbing at things and expect a positive outcome. I will post here if i turn anything up though.

Anyway thanks VadersApps, if you still read this, VORB is a great mod. Thanks to Merctime, now i don't feel completely alone in the woods.

Hey Dreamer, I really appreciate you clearing that up! Now to figure out how to "manually remove collision data" from a mesh. ugh. That's one thing that can be worked on...now for the 1st person thingies. Wish I had even the slightest clue on where to begin to look for a fix for this. Now, before I became a VORB junkie I was using a great mix of animation replacers, alot of old ones and the stuff that FORE was creating on the nexus. The NoMaam animation replacers. I have an older package, due to VORB having BBB built into it I suppose. I wonder, if this "collision data" thing has anything to do with it? Actually I suspect that it's more likely something to do with VORB's special skeletons, but then why are the lovers with PK animations working properly? *shakes head* I'm unfortunately clueless at this point. Hopefully something will come up...

Well, from my limited knowledge...

Collision data is what tells the game that "object A" has touched "object B".

It sets the boundaries for what is tangible in the game. Without collision data, you could not manipulate anything in-game and everything would be intangible/ungrabbable/untouchable/you-go-right-thru-it.

Considering the 1st person anims for VORB are from deadly reflex 6 beta, there is this info from the DR post at the nexus:

"4. More dynamic 1st person experience - 1st person animations are now replaced by 3rd person versions (note: not the view, the animations), pain-stakingly hand edited get the best of both worlds. This gives you more "feel" of the move you are performing."

Interesting. I wonder if this is causing this missing body mesh bug.

Wait! I bet I have it.... check this link

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21292

This is NifSE, and does weird scripting stuff with skeletons that is over my head. But, It is listed as a requirement for DR6 which provided not only the 1st person animations, according to Bradleyh, but also the cameras for the skeleton. If NifSE is required for DR6, it might be needed for VORB now too. Noticed on the NifSE site that the latest version is NOT compatible with DR6, so I downloaded the NifSE v1_0 b2 version that even on this page lists as being required for DR6. I will post later if this actually fixes anything, thank you all for your input. For now though, my brother in law and I are going to play some company of heroes :P I'll get back to this later :D

Happy gaming! -Merctime

EDIT: Installing the NifSE OBSE plugin did not fix the issue for me. This is after re-building the bashed patch, also.. So it seems that the 'scripting' additions to skeletons added by NifSE may not be the problem.

WAIT. There are skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif's in the data/characters/_male/1st person folder! I BET THAT'S IT. I am using a custom skeleton and skeletonbeast.nif that I tweaked to my liking for VORB and overwrote the ones in data/characters/_male, but NOT the ones in this folder! I bet that's it...the skeletons don't match from these two folders! This might be why the game recognizes my PC's body in 3rd person view, but not 1st! I just really hope the skeletons in the 1st person folder don't have any 'special' values or only show 'parts' of the skeleton that I don't know about... But... I wonder if simply copying/pasting the skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif from my data folder over to the 1st person folder and overwriting will fix the no body in 1st person thing?? This is of course due to my using a custom skeleton. The values in the .nif file are not the same! I just wonder....

IMPORTANT EDIT: Tried the copy/paste (modified value, or custom) skeleton and skeletonbeast into the 1st person folder. Rebuilt bashed patch. Loaded a save with oblivion, immediate crash to desktop with no error messages or anything. Simply shut oblivion completely down immediately. Do NOT do this. My next idea, is to re-install the standard VORB provided skeleton and skeletonbeast 1st person skeleton.nif's into the 1st person folder, but to go through my custom skeletons and copy all of the values I changed in my custom skeleton; Then to paste/write those values into the VORB provided 1st person skeleton and beast.nif's after making a backup of those safely tucked away in my backup folder. I'll report back so the 2 people reading this can see if it worked :P LOL just kidding.

Hi merctime with version of the armors are you using?

Im using colourwheels from vorb.nlight.de but it makes all armors look terrible....

And bye the way your skeleton looks bether than the vorb ones....

Somehow the legs are too big in the original vorb skeletons

@ KindMan: Anytime man, I'm glad you enjoy it :D Maybe I'll make a few more for diversities sake. But you can too, it's not terribly hard. I made that one as a true Nifscope Noob. Instructions on page 6 of this post :)

@ bola08: I'm using the HGEC sexy armor replacer from the same site. It's not as drastically skimpy while still being sexy. Also, the YAARM fur with cleavage, cuz it's hot xD Also, glad you like this skele as well. You're right, the thighs seemed a bit too large and the calves too skinny for a really appealing look. But, in my opinion this mod is simply awesome.

As long as we find armors built from the HGEC E cup and roberts male (muscular I'm *assuming*) body types, the site that Vadersapp has provided that bola mentioned will allow us to convert ANY armors for use with VORB with reasonable ease. The caveat being read in the above postings where some meshes may have collision or something built into them, they aren't convertible. Now... About the size requirements... Well, you can *still* convert them, but they will have a rather drastic appearance change when worn by a VORB-atized skeleton. I converted Nightwynd's wonderful Prison Irons replacer for VORB, because I love it, but... It was the DMRA version!! After conversion, when the PI were equipped, my bombshell had breasts that were like small cars on her chest. :P Not that I mind, but it's just a point to remember... Make sure when you convert you are at least *near* E cup and roberts v5 if you want the proportions to match right.

Enjoy yourselves everyone, -Merctime

Considering the 1st person anims for VORB are from deadly reflex 6 beta' date=' there is this info from the DR post at the nexus:

"4. More dynamic 1st person experience - 1st person animations are now replaced by 3rd person versions (note: not the view, the animations), pain-stakingly hand edited get the best of both worlds. This gives you more "feel" of the move you are performing."

Interesting. I wonder if this is causing this missing body mesh bug.

Wait! I bet I have it.... check this link

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21292

This is NifSE, and does weird scripting stuff with skeletons that is over my head. But, It is listed as a requirement for DR6 which provided not only the 1st person animations, according to Bradleyh, but also the cameras for the skeleton. If NifSE is required for DR6, it might be needed for VORB now too. Noticed on the NifSE site that the latest version is NOT compatible with DR6, so I downloaded the NifSE v1_0 b2 version that even on this page lists as being required for DR6. I will post later if this actually fixes anything, thank you all for your input. For now though, my brother in law and I are going to play some company of heroes :P I'll get back to this later :D

Happy gaming! -Merctime

EDIT: Installing the NifSE OBSE plugin did not fix the issue for me. This is after re-building the bashed patch, also.. So it seems that the 'scripting' additions to skeletons added by NifSE may not be the problem.

WAIT. There are skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif's in the data/characters/_male/1st person folder! I BET THAT'S IT. I am using a custom skeleton and skeletonbeast.nif that I tweaked to my liking for VORB and overwrote the ones in data/characters/_male, but NOT the ones in this folder! I bet that's it...the skeletons don't match from these two folders! This might be why the game recognizes my PC's body in 3rd person view, but not 1st! I just really hope the skeletons in the 1st person folder don't have any 'special' values or only show 'parts' of the skeleton that I don't know about... But... I wonder if simply copying/pasting the skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif from my data folder over to the 1st person folder and overwriting will fix the no body in 1st person thing?? This is of course due to my using a custom skeleton. The values in the .nif file are not the same! I just wonder....

IMPORTANT EDIT: Tried the copy/paste (modified value, or custom) skeleton and skeletonbeast into the 1st person folder. Rebuilt bashed patch. Loaded a save with oblivion, immediate crash to desktop with no error messages or anything. Simply shut oblivion completely down immediately. Do NOT do this. My next idea, is to re-install the standard VORB provided skeleton and skeletonbeast 1st person skeleton.nif's into the 1st person folder, but to go through my custom skeletons and copy all of the values I changed in my custom skeleton; Then to paste/write those values into the VORB provided 1st person skeleton and beast.nif's after making a backup of those safely tucked away in my backup folder. I'll report back so the 2 people reading this can see if it worked :P LOL just kidding.

[/quote']

That is a very thorough test. I did a similar experiment changing one of the VORB skeletons to replace the default in the male folder and it didn't help. If the animations are from DR 6 then i suppose the only thing left to try is installing DR6 and see what shakes out. I will give this a try tomorrow, i actually already downloaded DR (on the suspicion that DR was the source of the anims) and all its prerequisites but the install order is daunting. Since this is for SCIENCE i will give it a whirl.

From the DR6 readme:

8. (optional but recommended step)

Go to your Oblivion.ini (Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini) and find the following setting and set the value to 0, as in the example:

fNearDistance=0.0000

This is to help with 1st person animation clipping. By default, Oblivion doesn't draw objects that are less than 10 units from the "screen surface" (the default value of this setting), which leads more easily part of the hands clipping etc.

I'll try this now to see if it makes any difference.

edit: I can't tell that it makes an appreciable difference. Might be worth a try anyway though I guess.

@ KindMan: Anytime man' date=' I'm glad you enjoy it :D Maybe I'll make a few more for diversities sake. But you can too, it's not terribly hard. I made that one as a true Nifscope Noob. Instructions on page 6 of this post :)[/quote']

I might look at it, but currently that just seems like to much effort =)

Honestly speaking I mostly uninstalled VORB since I just plain missed my total DMRA conversion :P

Also I had some texture issues on NPCs and, most importantly, my character (Lineage II dark elf) looked plain awful (texture wise) with the VORB body.

Nevertheless I run your skeleton and will use VORBalized armors/clothes. I believe in the system, it just doesn't do it for me as a NPC total look conversion (Part of the issue is Wrye Bash acting up on me when redoing the bashed patch, which makes experimenting with NPC VORB skeletons a major pita).

Are you using Wryebash 293? Solved issues for me... Although I still seem to have the thing even with 293 that sometimes when I rebuild the patch, it pops up that damn python error. The fix is a PITA yes, but it's a simple one, I read on the WB forums that all that particular problem needs for fixing is restarting bash and doing it again. Ya, it's a bit of a bummer, but i just restart it and usually it works for me the second time. Rarely, it goes into needing it done a third time. Update WB maybe, and check to see that you're using the latest python for Bash, on the same nexus site you find bash. That was key for me! I updated bash, but not the python for it, and it really got screwy for me until I did update both. Just so you know. But, Hey if you simply like the DMRA conversion better, go with that then. It's your game, in the comfort of your own home, man. You also might like the setbody thing, might have compatibility for custom races that you want. There are positives and negatives for both choices, really. With the setbody work being done, it can basically do what VORB does, but it requires I think separate meshes for each armor piece, where VORB only requires one. So like, you'll need E, H, AA, etc cup size models for every piece like iron armor, steel armor, russet felt outfit, etc. but not with VORB. For your texture issue, I wonder if you could just add some texture file in a specific folder? I know that in order to make the "human" custom race to work when I installed MBP, I had to put a texture file somewhere in my data folder because the custom race one didn't install it there. I think it was linked to the foot.nif or .dds or something, cleared it right up. I use MBP, which uses custom races, and although I don't personally desire any custom race stuff (only hair/eyes for me really) I don't have any problems. At the end of the day, it's your game and your choice... But I'm sure you could get the texture thing worked out if you wanted too. Again tho, you might check out these boards and look for the work that is being done for setbody, I think many of the people here are working to make it function quite well and it may be something of interest to you. And if you choose not to use VORB or my skellie its not like I'm going to dislike you or something, hehe. Play the game as you like it! If you want, I'll try to locate the threads about setbody or search for some fix for your texture thing. Honestly, I think it's as simple as putting a .dds file in a specific folder, I just don't know where that folder is off hand and can't remember the location of the setbody thread. I'll look around if you want tho.

Happy gaming! -Merctime

Yes, I have 2.93 and everything Python related is up-to-date. The error is for me 100% deterministic. Rebuilding the patch works the first time, but then never again until I restart Wrye. According to the error log it's something related to the eye patcher, but so far I wasn't bothered enough to go digging in the source code.

The NPC texture issues are, at least as it seems to me, not due to a missing texture, it appears more like a glitch. What happens is that those parts that should have the skin texture are white. Mostly it's just short flickers, but I've seen it persistent in some cases.

At some stage I'll probably try VORB again (probably once Wrye stops acting up), sometimes DMRA feels a bit over-the-top, but I want to be able to fix "under-breasted" NPCs without having to deal with Wrye's issues :P

just figured I'd throw my two cents in. the stuff thats happening with the latest setbody might be more up your alley atm, i think. regardless... have fun :D

Edit: Also, on another note entirely, continuing on with the Collision data in the clothing meshes thing... I sent a PM to Vipcxj at the nexus, asking if removing the collision data from High heels meshes would break functionality with his scripting. I sure the hell hope it doesn't, as I would love the variety with VORB and have the sexiness of High heels as well! Hope to hear from Vipcxj soon to find out if removing collision data from the meshes will be safe. I hope his scripting doesn't require it :\ Once I hear from him, I'll try to ask for directions on how to remove that data mesh per mesh if it is safe, then I'll try to convert Bisquit's High heels for Vipcxj here

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37413 as I personally feel it's one of the hottest High heel packs out there. Hope this works!

Anyone have any luck getting the body meshes to show up in 1st person yet?

Edit: Vipcxj replied to me at the Nexus, stating that we don't need to worry about any collision data in meshes in regards to how his mod functions. I am assuming that this was an oversight of some type. He reiterated what many of you may allready know, that there is no need for collision data in clothing due to Oblivion not having a physics system in the Actor's (pc/npc etc) clothing. Now, for these to convert right... Does anyone know how to remove collision from a clothing mesh??? Cuz I sure as hell don't.... Please help? heh.

2nd Edit: Vipcxj has given his permission to use his mods, convert them for VORB, and post them. Happy day! Next I'm waiting on a message to Bisquits about the collision data on his high heel meshes, hoping for approval to convert/upload and instructions on how to remove the collision data. *Crosses fingers*

Happy gaming everyone... -Merctime

Moderators: I know I am double-posting, please be kind this time. I am providing bug report fix information for people using this mod, that if I only edited my previous post, would not show up as a new post, and may not be noticed by VORB users due to that. If you do require that I merge these two posts, please let me know, and I will do so.

IT WORKED!!! I have fixed my issue of not seeing my body in 1st person mode when attacking etc!

Here is the fix: When you are using a custom skeleton for your PC, you MUST ALSO MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR MESHES/CHARACTER/1STPERSON SKELETON AND SKELETONBEAST.NIFS AND THEN MAKE THE SAME CHANGES TO THE BIPO1 SCALE (this bone or that bone) OF THE SKELETON AND SKELETONBEAST.NIF'S IN THE 1STPERSON FOLDER AS WELL.

Note: you only *need* the skeletonbeast.nif changes for beast races, but it's probably good practice to make the changes anyways.

Sooooo.... Here is the process abreviated for using/making custom skeletons for VORB and being able to see your body in 1st person when you attack etc.

1. Create or download a custom skeleton, or choose a skeleton randomly created by VORB.

2. Make BACK UP COPIES of VORBs original skeleton/skeletonbeast.nif's from these

two locations: data\meshes\characters\_male AND data\meshes\characters\1stPerson

3. As these skeletons share the same name, save them in seperate locations.

Example: Backup\VORB original skeleton (place skeleton and beast.nif's here)

(then make a new folder inside, with the 2 skele .nif's, named 1stPerson)

(place your 1stPerson skeleton and beast.nif's here so they don't overwrite

each other).

4. Take your custom made or randomly created skeleton from VORB you plan to use for

your PC and open it in NifScope. Copy these values on paper:

Bip01 L ScaleThigh

Bip01 R ScaleThigh

Bip01 L ScaleCalf

Bip01 R ScaleCalf

Bip01 L BreastTransform

Bip01 R BreastTransform

Bip01 Scalespine

Bip01 Scalespine1

-Be sure to copy the values for Translation (x, y, z), Rotation (y, p, r) and

Scale for each. These are the only values you really need for each, by the way

5. Take your custom or randomly created skeleton and beast .nifs and place in

data\meshes\characters\_male *ONLY OVERWRITE THE SKELETON'S IN THIS FOLDER*

6. Now, this is the step that fixes the "I can't see my body in 1stPerson mode"

Thing... Those values that you copied on paper, take them and update the

skeleton and beast.nif's in data\meshes\characters\1stPerson. Remember to check

and ensure ALL VALUES ARE THE SAME AS YOUR CUSTOM/RANDOMLY CREATED SKELETON.

7. Re-build the bashed patch! This really should be done EVERY time you alter a

skeleton and/or beast.nif for VORB. It might be wonky if you don't.

In retrospect, It seems that the 1st person skeleton/beast.nif's are actually different .nif files than the ones in the _male folder. And I believe that is what was causing the problems for us. I think this is why I had a crash to desktop when I loaded the game where I simply copied/pasted/overwrote the 1stPerson skeletons with the ones in the _male folder.

For us VORB users, this will ensure that we can enjoy this very stable version, and have lots of nice differently shaped women in the Oblivion world and use a custom skeleton we prefer and NOT have just a pair of gloves or gauntlets show up when we swing a sword or shoot a bow :P Have fun with this you guys!

Happy gaming! -Merctime

EDIT: I have updated my custom bombshell skeleton. It now includes screenshots, skeleton and skeletonbeast.nif's that go in the /_male folder, and the 1stPerson skeletons with appropriate values that go in the /1stPerson folder. Also a .txt file with some basic instructions. Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?e74em439142tfs0

Ok, I only ask for help when i just can't find the info so i turn to you guys here now,I have just found out about this and have already got vorb 1.6 up and running but i just can't figure out how to give a particular npc...say for instance my companion rhianna, a skeleton of my choosing.

I have searched the nexus,nexus forums,here and again and still can't figure it out,I read somewhere about finding the form id then making a copy of a skeleton and renaming it skel_special_"npc'sformID".nif and then running wyre bash with the tweak actors setting and hoping rhianna gets the new skeleton,but so far it just been failure.

I'd also like to know if the meshes that come with 1.6 are BBB enabled cause i have not seen any bounce at all...i got that animations mod that has all those ani mods in 1 where you can choose 1 for say nobles or acrobats...think it's called...sensual walks

Oh and why is this info not in a read me?

I have searched the nexus' date='nexus forums,here and again and still can't figure it out,I read somewhere about finding the form id then making a copy of a skeleton and renaming it skel_special_"npc'sformID".nif and then running wyre bash with the tweak actors setting and hoping rhianna gets the new skeleton,but so far it just been failure.

[/quote']

You still have the solution to edit manually rhianna, e.g. open the esp in tes4edit (or tescs), and change her "MODL - Model Filename" entry from "Characters\_Male\skeleton.nif" to "Characters\_male\skel_BrS_HS_BoS_LeS.nif". This should work as well.

I'd also like to know if the meshes that come with 1.6 are BBB enabled cause i have not seen any bounce at all...i got that animations mod that has all those ani mods in 1 where you can choose 1 for say nobles or acrobats...think it's called...sensual walks

They are BBB enabled if set up like that during the vorb conversion (so usually heavy armors, men clothes won't be).

I'd already considered the CS option,but what if i want to change an npc who does not have a special race just for that char?

I continue totry to figure it out,Wyre bash seems to recall what skeleton it applied to each npc after the initial vorb application,the info is not inside the bash patch itself(i tested that possibility) i theorize that the info is inside the bashsettings.dat file...which i cannot open...course as i cannot open it i could be totally wrong.

So i next tried removing the skel file used by rhianna,patched and then the renamed skel file as instructed was not used again...so i don't know what the hell is going on... :(

using wyre bash 293, the vaders app thing was released in 292 and i read that he added the ability to use the special syntax to choose a skel file for an npc as described in my last post,only it's just not working for me(tried many many times)

other way he,Vaderapps,described it was to take the skel file used by the npc and change in nifskope,but then i would lose that body,i could create a copy and rename it slightly different.but then the chars that were given that body would lose it and attain the special body which i might just want 1 npc to have...

I'd already considered the CS option' date='but what if i want to change an npc who does not have a special race just for that char?

[/quote']

No, it's not per race, it's per NPC, cf. attached screenshot.

I continue totry to figure it out' date='Wyre bash seems to recall what skeleton it applied to each npc after the initial vorb application,the info is not inside the bash patch itself(i tested that possibility) i theorize that the info is inside the bashsettings.dat file...which i cannot open...course as i cannot open it i could be totally wrong.

[/quote']

See bosh.py, probably VORB_NPCSkeletonPatcher class.

So i next tried removing the skel file used by rhianna' date='patched and then the renamed skel file as instructed was not used again...so i don't know what the hell is going on... :(

using wyre bash 293, the vaders app thing was released in 292 and i read that he added the ability to use the special syntax to choose a skel file for an npc as described in my last post,only it's just not working for me(tried many many times)

[/quote']

I'm going to try to assign a special skeleton, and I'll let you know the result (wrye bash 294.2 here)...

edit: vorb ships two special skeletons by default (skel_special_16063.nif and skel_special_1fdd1.nif), and they are correctly assigned to the two NPCs (Elisa Pierrane and Astinia Atius), so it should work.

edit2: ok, no more luck than you to assign a special skeleton to a npc from a mod (for oblivion.esm it's fine). There's obviously something obvious I missed...

Well whatever it is i don't what it could be(what you're missing), regardless thanks for the info about changing the skeleton in the cs,it had been awhile since i'd gone in so i'd forgotten it was even there.

The problem may just be a wyre issue...course if you notice the included skel_special nifs have only 5 numbers...so who knows why the heck there is a problem anyway

EDIT: Damnit, it still won't work even if done through the cs,I obviously rebuilt the bash patch and it did not work,it should have detected that rhianna was now using another skeleton that's not called skeleton.nif and made changes accordingly

so next i unchecked vorb in the bash options and rebuilt the patch again.now the skel i gave rhianna in game is correctly assigned,so i exit the game and proceed to rebuild the patch(for the 1000th time...least it feels that way) and when i go to check in game she has the same skel that she had before i removed the vorb from the patch...this is starting to really annoy me,greatly.

this system the way it's handled now is flawed,they got to add a clear or edit assigned skel option because it looks like after the skel is assigned by wyre you just can't get rid of those settings..still believe it's somewhere in the bash settings file

EDIT 2: the info for skel assignment is not in that bashsettings file or inside your save game either :(

The problem may just be a wyre issue...course if you notice the included skel_special nifs have only 5 numbers...so who knows why the heck there is a problem anyway

This is normal: the formid is 001FDD1, and it's from oblivion.esm (00), so the in-game id is 00001FDD1, or 1FDD1 (the leading zeros are optional, and it's faster to type in the console :P).

Archived