Hi i am trying to get the nord queen quest start but I cant find it i make a new character that's a female nord I even tried to change the race of my other character when she was still in the prison and I have stories for special edition but i still cant find that start please help also is there a way to start the quest mid playthrough?

Edited by thor192
18 hours ago, thor192 said:

Hi i am trying to get the nord queen quest start but I cant find it i make a new character that's a female nord I even tried to change the race of my other character when she was still in the prison and I have stories for special edition but i still cant find that start please help also is there a way to start the quest mid playthrough?

If I recall correctly, you need to have one of the dialogue enhancer mods in your setup in order to see all the scenarios.  I use the Ez2C mod, myself.  (I don't see the URL for it, but if you want it, ask and I'll look harder).

the one that makes your diologe list longer right because i have one and i just dont see it anywhere in the list its support to be under misc right? and does it make a difference that I am using the se version because i play skyrim se

Edited by thor192
22 hours ago, thor192 said:

the one that makes your diologe list longer right because i have one and i just dont see it anywhere in the list its support to be under misc right? and does it make a difference that I am using the se version because i play skyrim se

I haven't played a Nord in a very long time, so I can't recall where the Nord Queen quest is in the list.  I also haven't built an SSE version yet, so I can't help that way, either.  I tried looking in the scripts for the mara statue menu, but didn't find it.  I did find the Nord Queen scenario, but it doesn't say where in the menu it can be found.

With Ez2C, I often get a line about "more dialogue" (or something like that) which when pressed will fill the dialogue choices with a few more options.  However, I don't recall seeing that with the alternate start mara statue and I think it's an unlikely help.

I assume you have the basics setup correctly, Stories high on the list (lower mod number), LiveAnotherLife near the bottom, ContentConsumersAlternateStart after that, etc., per the original post.  Otherwise, I don't know.

When starting with SLP near Lastelle to start the Chaurus Queen questline.  It starts the quest a few stages ahead of normal, Stage 5 is at 0.  When lastelle asks for her Book from her mother the option to talk to her mom to retrieve the book isn't available until I fixed stage 5 (Setstage _slp_qst_queenofchaurus 5)  Should that be enabled by the Start when you spawn there after the bed?  Or is this a bug with the questline.

i still cant find the nord queen start and the creator of stories showed me a picture of it so it does exest but i cant get it to show up nor can i get the sprinan start is it because i have the se version and this is for non se i did extract the bsa so i could use it please help  i am using the 14d version so is there a link to an older version so i can so if it works on one of those?

Edited by thor192
11 hours ago, thor192 said:

i still cant find the nord queen start and the creator of stories showed me a picture of it so it does exest but i cant get it to show up nor can i get the sprinan start is it because i have the se version and this is for non se i did extract the bsa so i could use it please help  i am using the 14d version so is there a link to an older version so i can so if it works on one of those?

For the Nord Queen start, your character must be a Nord.  Otherwise the Nord Queen start doesn't even show up.

I don't recognize a sprinan start.  If you mean a spriggan start, I still don't know as it's not something in which I'm interested.

I have a problem, every time i try to start a scenario and then sleep on the bed, the screen fade out and in without a loding screen. Then there is a skeleton on the bed, the statue disappears and there are lockpicks on the table as if it were i choose the option to escape the cell.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 3:50 AM, littlebunnyrawr said:

Any news on SE?

Stay tuned. :)

I'm gonna write up a quick news-type post on progress so far, it'll be up in a few minutes.

On 2/25/2021 at 3:54 AM, Hyen<A> said:

Nice mod! Hey uh, I saw that back in page 46 (if I'm not mistaken) there was a discussion of adding the Helgen Dungeon start. I'm personally more interested in the Northwatch Keep scenario like the one added by the New Beginnings add-on, only that it's way more sexual. And I really liked that draft of the Helgen dungeon start's dialogues being implemented into Northwatch Keep. You could even change the dialogue into a forced Talos worship confession too, or an interrogation for information.

I've been looking for exactly that mod but I've yet to see any updates on that. So I just dropped by to ask how's the progress on that? Or has that idea been dropped altogether?

The Helgen start scenario is planned for ASSE still. I don't have any plans to use Northwatch Keep, but I'll keep it in mind.

When it comes right down to it, more scenarios are always better. ;)

On 3/9/2021 at 8:35 PM, Shippuden3000 said:

Has this been ported to Special edition?

Yes, but some people are having issues.

I haven't tried it, but I would like to tentatively recommend judge007's conversion.

On 3/8/2021 at 1:29 AM, roofus__ said:

alright since 95 pages to go through i figured to just ask. im having issues with progressing in the "ghost in a dwemer shell" startup. its a little unclear of how im supposed to get my memory fixed and or learn about the dwemers. the escaping was the easy part. i decided to go along with the e.l.l.e. quest figuring it might progress things but ot no avail. also side note, for better immersion and all is there a custom race i can apply to my character for this alternate start?

-thank you for your time

That's a Sexlab Stories scenario. You'll want to ask either there or in DBF's SSE thread if you're using this with Special Edition.

On 3/17/2021 at 8:50 AM, Lucifeller said:

A few considerations:

-for the Succubus start, it really makes no sense to go from the Dark Retreat to the inside of an inn. What with how leery of magic users the locals are, you'd logically get attacked instantly on doing such a thing. It'd be more sensible to have the Dark Retreat drop point be in a secluded, quiet corner of Skyrim. ESPECIALLY if the crazy cultists used it before.

Off the top of my head, I could recommend the following locations:

-Lost Prospect Mine

-near Old Hroldan, just about anywhere - the area is almost deserted

-on the road between Helgen and Ivarstead, in one of the many bends around Haemar's Shame

-in the exterior of Shroud Hearth Barrow in Ivarstead (the locals avoid it like the pox, so a bunch of creepy cultists could legitimately slide out in the night and make themselves scarce)

-in the Redwater Den exterior, easy enough

-Mara's Eye Pond exterior

-outside Hob's Fall cave (it contains necromancers, it makes sense)

-Kilkreath temple's exterior (until Meridia contacts you, it's a necromancer lair)

-Saarthal. Only the College mages go there, and only rarely - perfect place for a quick pop-in

-on the path to Bleak Falls Barrow

-Mzulft exterior. Isolated enough without being remote

-inside Purewater Run. Only slaughterfish in it and only in one section

My personal recommendation would be either Lost Prospect Mine or Purewater Run. Least chances of interfering with anything.

Alternatively, you could have the Dark Retreat portal be connected to the actual Tamriel worldspace, but that'd force an edit...

Also, if at all possible, could you add some more lighting and a couple containers to the Dark Retreat? It'd make for an excellent early game home...

Re succubus: I agree. I picked Nightgate inn originally because it was mostly unused and had a vaguely dark undertone. I sort of think it works though, if only because it's not really standard magic so much as quasi-daedric. If you aren't immediately attacked when Sanguine teleports you around, this should work too. But yeah, I'm planning on redoing that for ASSE. What I'd really like to do is teleport you inside the College Midden somewhere, or ideally to a random location. I vaguely recall having the idea that the sanctum is located in the eastern mountains somewhere, but can't find anything in my notes about that, so I probably imagined it. :)

On 4/19/2021 at 12:50 AM, Radsky123 said:

I cannot get this mod working it always fades to black and doesnt activate the scenario i just stay in the LAL cell

I tried jdoughs fix, changing my loadorder, installing manually and starting a new game but nothing seems to work

Loadorder:

Reveal hidden contents

I can't see anything specific in your load order that might be causing problems. My guess would be heavy script load?

To be honest, this problem is intermittent and affects people seemingly completely at random sometimes. I've very nearly given up trying to diagnose it. It's definitely something specific to CCAS, so it is my fault here, but I just can't tell how. :(

On 4/28/2021 at 2:25 PM, Jack of All Trades said:

I'm quite surprised that the summoner for the PSQ/Deadly Drain start is a female. Doesn't it make more sense for it to be a guy that summons a Succubus? 

Why not a female

On 5/7/2021 at 3:29 PM, daanish0250 said:

any progress on that SE port?

I haven't tried it, but I would like to tentatively recommend judge007's conversion.

On 5/15/2021 at 8:56 PM, tonitrulupus said:

Is there a sse version?

On 5/20/2021 at 4:27 AM, dedbear said:

Is there a way I can read the starting quests descriptions of all the scenarios?

I had that sitting around somewhere, but I can't remember where. This post down near the bottom has basic descriptions for scenarios from version 9, which is something I guess.

On 6/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, thor192 said:

Possibly CCAS is failing to properly detect the Sexlab Stories mod? Type help ccas_mod_stories in the console and tell me what it says? Or you could just try set ccas_mod_stories to 1 and see if that works.

Or you could append a copy of your papyrus log. That *might* help figure out what the problem is.

On 6/26/2021 at 12:15 AM, Emeraldnoir said:

Thanks for letting me start as a Wolves bitch. An untamed start as beautiful Nord woman.

IIRC I actually tried to get Untamed integrated once but it, and most other mods, don't work well with respawning actors. And animals are, almost without exception, respawning actors.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:20 PM, ICan'tBelieveItsNotKoolaid said:

Unsure if scripting error, but the Hagraven Alt Start only starts with you immediately being attacked and dying to Hagraven and friends

That sounds like a common bug that I *thought* I had squashed. Do you have any AI overhaul mods, specifically any mods that alter creature AI? Those can cause problems with the various creature scenarios in CCAS.

If not, I guess it's possible that script load is being a bitch to you. That is, the creatures are reading you as an enemy naturally, and the script takes too long to trigger and get them to calm down before you get killed. I had the same problem with several scenarios, particularly SD+ Enslavement scenarios.

You could try toggling combat AI (tcai in the console) before sleeping in the LAL bed, then waiting for a while to see if the red dots on the compass go away (the creatures get pacified) and toggling it back on. No guarantees that it'll work, but if it does, it's script load.

On 7/3/2021 at 8:16 PM, MikeSt said:

I have a problem, every time i try to start a scenario and then sleep on the bed, the screen fade out and in without a loding screen. Then there is a skeleton on the bed, the statue disappears and there are lockpicks on the table as if it were i choose the option to escape the cell.  

That's a new one on me. Are you using any other alternate start mods? Or is the skeleton on the bed something new?

Aside from the skeleton, it's still a bit odd. Are you using the latest version of LAL?

Last but not least, judge007 just released a voice pack for CCAS. I haven't tried it, but it looks like he also did some work making the conversion better. Check it out!

13 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

That's a new one on me. Are you using any other alternate start mods? Or is the skeleton on the bed something new?

Aside from the skeleton, it's still a bit odd. Are you using the latest version of LAL?

I believe the skeleton in the bed is something that was added to the SE version of Alternate Start, after the LE version was no longer being updated. It's supposed to appear after the screen fades to black when you activate it, before the loading screen starts, so that if you go back to the Abandoned Prison afterwards it'll be in the bed where you were. But if you get the infinibed glitch and can't make it out of the cell, the skeleton will still be there, because I guess it must get placed before the check for whether or not you can actually get into your chosen start is made. Having the lockpicks appear is a fallback, I think, that's meant to make it so you can still start the game if the option you chose doesn't work.

Oh my god, I had a HUGE post written up and like a fucking idiot I exited out of the browser. All gone. Coco is sad now.

Okay, here's the short short version.

First, go try judge007's new conversion. I haven't tried it, but it's got voice files now (a big download though). And apparently some mesh fixes.

Now... for ASSE, the "official" Special Edition version of CCAS, there hasn't been much work done yet.

1. I stripped out everything from CCAS except the vanilla cells, including items, textures, meshes, quests, dialogue, books, everything. So I've got to re-make that from scratch, which will take quite a while.

2. I'm going to be far less worried about making changes to vanilla cells. SSE is way more stable than LE, and I don't need to worry about crashes nearly as much now.

BUT!

This means that I'd like some advice. Does anyone know if there are any big or popular mods that touch these exterior areas? I'm planning on modifying them extensively (work has already started).

Spoiler

Between Valthume and Cradle Stone Tower

first.jpg

North of Rorikstead

second.jpg

East of Whiterun

third.jpg

3. I'm going to basically overwrite LAL's mara statue. I don't know if it's entirely possible without screwing up LAL - if not, I'll scrap the plan. But this will make it a lot easier for me to add in new scenarios.

Basically, you'd select "I am a character in a dark tale" and get a new corrupted mara statue instead. Doing this will lose all other LAL scenarios, including those from other mods. ASSE will take precedence.

4. I want to add some voice acting to the corrupted mara statue. I don't know if I'll be able to - the few voice lines I have already are taking 15mb space when zipped up - but I hope so. Looking at judge007's work, I might not be able to. My connection is NOT good enough to upload hundreds of megabytes without timing out, crashing, or just generally fucking up.

But hopefully it'll be something like this.

EDIT: Apparently the whole thing uploaded below, after telling me it couldn't. Go figure.

clean and wholesome nothing lewd.rar

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make the voice better, I'm wide open. More reverb? Less? Increased or decreased pitch, speed, etc? Pretty much anything that can be done with Audacity.

5. My original plan was to split ASSE into two different mods, but I've scrapped that for the same reason as #2 above. Mini-mods like Bandit Honeypot will be directly integrated into ASSE. No more load order shenanigans.

Ponygirl Farm, unfortunately, will not be making the journey with us. :( It requires Riding Styles, which as far as I know isn't (or can't) be properly converted to SSE without issues, and anyway I don't want to add any requirements other than Sexlab.

6. I've already started work on the new main cell, which will be able to handle Witch of the Wilds, the various creature starts, and a new scenario. Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler

The area between Valthume and Cradle Stone is already under construction.

exterior.jpg

New root kit assets that came with SSE. Kind of hard to tell with this lighting, but they do look pretty cool. 

rootkit1.jpg

rootkit2.jpg

An abandoned archaeological excavation:

the betrayed sisters.jpg

Valthume Vault of Souls (might expand this a bit and tie into Valthume)

vaultofsouls.jpg

Varndknd soft integration. You do NOT need the Creation Club content.

transmitter0.jpg

transmitter1.jpg

transmitter2.jpg

7. More integration with other mods. Soft integration, hopefully - if you don't have it, it won't show up. This will hopefully include stuff like Skyrim Underground and a couple of Creation Club mods, among others.

8. Y'all are gonna have to be patient. I know, you've been patient, and it's been years already, but there's a lot of work ahead of me here, and my free time is not limitless. I've set myself a fairly sizeable task, in truth bigger than it really needed to be, but I'm enthusiastic about the final product.

EDIT:

So maybe this uploaded properly after all?

clean and wholesome nothing lewd.zip

Edited by Content Consumer

@Content Consumer

I am very happy to hear that you have already started making the SSE version.

for the Riding Styles 2, there is an official SE version, but I haven't tried it yet

For voice, I think you can use it as an optional feature and put it at the end

It seems we need to wait some time to see the SE version from you :)

Anyway, please keep doing it

Edited by tznvlw
2 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Indeed, the skeleton comes from ASLAL itself. Arthmoor added the skeleton on the bed in the most recent version from december 2020, version 4.1.4. (Lorewise, once you use the bed and go to the alternate timeline you have picked, you never were in that prison. Someone else was instead and died there.)

As for the other matters:

1. Take your time. (Yes, I know, sounds odd given how long it already has been, but I just prefer things to get done right, not fast. ^_^" )

2. I think you should put voices/voiceovers at the very bottom of the to-do list. Voice is nice to have if done properly, but I for my part heavily prefer text-only over most attempts of mods to include voice over.

3. Riding Styles 2 SE, mentioned by @tznvlw just above, is supposed to be rather buggy, at least from what I hear (and my own attempt of using it quite some time ago). So I am unsure if it would be a good idea to make it a requirement.

4. While SE is inherently more stable than LE, it still can be made to crash, especially if the mod list gets rather large. Also, the more you change vanilla places, the higher the chance of incompatibility with other, maybe relatively unknown, mods. This is pure preference on my part, but I would strive to touch as few vanilla records as possible.

Also, modifieing the Tamriel worldspace puts your mod at odds with many landscape/flora overhauls. Not to mention that if you change worldspace by placing custom objects, buildings etc., it would be good if you could add all necessary resources for people to generate their LOD/Occlusion data using DynDOLOD/xLODgen.

5. Regarding integration with other mods, I really hope it will all be soft integration. I am not really looking forward to having to install mods which normally I would never have touched. Keep it modular! ;)

That is all for the time being. My thanks and utmost best wishes, CC. You have once again started on an ardeous journey. May it bring you enlightenment.

*waves*

Oh, yes. In addition to the basic requirements, for other mods, soft integration is undoubtedly the best way. That way, we don’t need to install too many mods, just install the required mods, which can also reduce conflicts between mods

Edited by tznvlw