Uhm, I have a suggestion. What about a Solstheim start with Rieklings? Maybe something like player becoming (voluntarily) the Chief-Shaman of the small group of Rieklings (not the Thirsk one), and doing all Shaman things like herb collecting, potion brewing and also "relieving" Rieklings from their tribe ;) . How about that background?

That very thing is actually already on my to-do list for later on. All I need to do is look through all the quest stages in the vanilla game, figure out if those Rieklings are creatures with pcdialogue enabled or a separate race (my guess is normal creatures, not a separate race), and figure out how to non-obtrusively get rid of the Nords down the hill.

My original plan was to have you as the Shaman but keep the Chief on his throne, and one of your duties would be to "serve" the chief regularly. I'll think about it. :)

Would love to see this work. Sadly, ever sense version 2.5 of LAL it stopped working for me (LAL that is). I am still trying to figure out what is causing the Mara statue to never appear. Though if I can get a version past 2.5 of LAL to work. This would be fun to try.

I don't know if this helps, but during development I had a similar problem several times. I honestly don't know what happened, but for some reason just opening the LAL quest caused the Mara statue to disappear. Not changing anything, just opening it to look at stuff, and she's gone. My guess would be some alias coming unstuck. I never tried to hunt the cause down, I just kept editing the mod with Tes5Edit and getting rid of the unwanted change to the quest (and no idea where the change was coming from, considering that I didn't actually alter anything).

I think any version 2.5 or above is supposed to work for something like this, but I'm not totally sure... it might require 2.57 or above.

Hope it ends up working out for you...

A couple of notes, folks:

1. The DL page lists EC+ 4.21a as a requirement but the actual version is 4.21. It's just been released.
  2. The "Expectant Mother" start may be bugged - I haven't tested to be sure, but it looks like you won't actually give birth to a child when you reach full term. There's a bit of missing code I'll add in the next update, but by then for anyone who's started with that scenario it's probably too late.
  3. Angrim's Apprentice start gave the player the Necromancer outfit instead of a Mage outfit. That'll also be changed next version.

EDIT: Just updated to v4, fixed issues. Hopefully. ;)

Uhm, I have a suggestion. What about a Solstheim start with Rieklings? Maybe something like player becoming (voluntarily) the Chief-Shaman of the small group of Rieklings (not the Thirsk one), and doing all Shaman things like herb collecting, potion brewing and also "relieving" Rieklings from their tribe ;) . How about that background?

That very thing is actually already on my to-do list for later on. All I need to do is look through all the quest stages in the vanilla game, figure out if those Rieklings are creatures with pcdialogue enabled or a separate race (my guess is normal creatures, not a separate race), and figure out how to non-obtrusively get rid of the Nords down the hill.

My original plan was to have you as the Shaman but keep the Chief on his throne, and one of your duties would be to "serve" the chief regularly. I'll think about it. :)

Would love to see this work. Sadly, ever sense version 2.5 of LAL it stopped working for me (LAL that is). I am still trying to figure out what is causing the Mara statue to never appear. Though if I can get a version past 2.5 of LAL to work. This would be fun to try.

I don't know if this helps, but during development I had a similar problem several times. I honestly don't know what happened, but for some reason just opening the LAL quest caused the Mara statue to disappear. Not changing anything, just opening it to look at stuff, and she's gone. My guess would be some alias coming unstuck. I never tried to hunt the cause down, I just kept editing the mod with Tes5Edit and getting rid of the unwanted change to the quest (and no idea where the change was coming from, considering that I didn't actually alter anything).

I think any version 2.5 or above is supposed to work for something like this, but I'm not totally sure... it might require 2.57 or above.

Hope it ends up working out for you...

I have at this point version 3.1.2 right now installed trying to get it to work. Sadly I have tried 2.5, 2.7, and now also 3.1.2 and it has not once worked. I always end up having to go back to 2.4 just to start a game. And it really sucks as some of these options you made I would love to try out.

I have at this point version 3.1.2 right now installed trying to get it to work. Sadly I have tried 2.5, 2.7, and now also 3.1.2 and it has not once worked. I always end up having to go back to 2.4 just to start a game. And it really sucks as some of these options you made I would love to try out.

Dang. Sorry it's not working out... you could try the nuclear option and reinstall Skyrim from the ground up, if you have several days to fix stuff that'll inevitably break. :)

And even then, no actual guarantee it'll work...

Hi

How about a maria eden v2+ start, it already has a quick start but that incompatable with LAL, so could you make one which basically does the same thing,only give me time to prepare my chara and let me be lasy and keep LAL in the system

it could be the "I'm training to be a prostitue" start

Hi

How about a maria eden v2+ start, it already has a quick start but that incompatable with LAL, so could you make one which basically does the same thing,only give me time to prepare my chara and let me be lasy and keep LAL in the system

I hadn't thought about that, because I've not used Maria Eden.

But I have to say that if the quick start is incompatible with LAL, then adding it here (in a LAL plugin) probably won't work.

Dang. Sorry it's not working out... you could try the nuclear option and reinstall Skyrim from the ground up, if you have several days to fix stuff that'll inevitably break. :)

And even then, no actual guarantee it'll work...

That is an option but, it would be more like a week or more to reinstall every thing in the order I have set. There are so many mods on top of mods on top of mods, that I have made changes to more fit my liking that even the install order is so complex that it takes so long the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applies. I did try asking on the LAL page to see what could be causing this as there is no mention of it in the FAQ/Trouble shooting and for such a widespread common problem, it seems that he is choosing to ignore it rather than find either a solution or add a workaround. And this only started in version(s) 2.5 and newer.

Hi

I hadn't thought about that, because I've not used Maria Eden.

But I have to say that if the quick start is incompatible with LAL, then adding it here (in a LAL plugin) probably won't work.

Sorry when I said it was incompatable I mean you start somewhere other than the LAL start room. I tried it with both and ended up switching between the LAL cell and ME start location which was disorientering.

My vision was that when resting on the bed the ME start would then play out in essence delaying it until I have everything loaded (scarily enough thats the main reason I like LAL, I have time to customise my MCM's first)

Sorry when I said it was incompatable I mean you start somewhere other than the LAL start room. I tried it with both and ended up switching between the LAL cell and ME start location which was disorientering.

My vision was that when resting on the bed the ME start would then play out in essence delaying it until I have everything loaded (scarily enough thats the main reason I like LAL, I have time to customise my MCM's first)

I'll add it to my to-do list. No guarantees on when it'll get done, though. :)

Perhaps a Daughter of Coldharbour start? You start in Castle Volkihar as a human, preparing to be "given up" to Molag Bal. 

Probably wishful thinking on my part, there's probably some reason something similar hasn't been done in the past.

I had a plan to enslave you to that feral vampire in the area beneath the castle, but hadn't thought of a "daughter of coldharbour" start.

I do seem to remember somebody having some trouble getting LAL to work properly with Dawnguard, but that was quite a while ago...

I'll put it on my to-do list. :)

What is supposed to happen with the "I am an expectant mother" start? I activate the bed and the screen turns black. The black screen fades away and I am still in the beginning cell and I'm naked. Beeing Female doesn't register me as pregnant either.

Oh dear... I don't know what the problem is. I just recently redid the quest script, and it's possible that I deleted some stuff that shouldn't have been deleted... I'll check.

Perhaps a Daughter of Coldharbour start? You start in Castle Volkihar as a human, preparing to be "given up" to Molag Bal. 

Probably wishful thinking on my part, there's probably some reason something similar hasn't been done in the past.

I had a plan to enslave you to that feral vampire in the area beneath the castle, but hadn't thought of a "daughter of coldharbour" start.

I do seem to remember somebody having some trouble getting LAL to work properly with Dawnguard, but that was quite a while ago...

What is supposed to happen with the "I am an expectant mother" start? I activate the bed and the screen turns black. The black screen fades away and I am still in the beginning cell and I'm naked. Beeing Female doesn't register me as pregnant either.

Oh dear... I don't know what the problem is. I just recently redid the quest script, and it's possible that I deleted some stuff that shouldn't have been deleted... I'll check.

I just tried a couple other starts and this is happening with all of them. I will check to see if I did something wrong.

Looks like everything is functioning like it should on my end. The quest script fragment is fine, and so are the properties. It's the same basic code as every other start...

What is supposed to happen is that you start out in a new excavation on Solstheim. The Expectant Mother start is one (like the Vampire Larder and Bandit Honeypot starts) that has a mini-quest associated with it... but once you sleep in the LAL bed, you should end up with several items in your inventory, including wearing clothes, and BF should register you as pregnant.

Could you post a papyrus log for me? That might help me narrow down where the problem is.

I just tried a couple other starts and this is happening with all of them. I will check to see if I did something wrong.

A papyrus log might help me figure it out too. :)

And just making sure - you have all of the prerequisites? Sexlab, SKSE, LAL (the latest version), etcetera?

That'd be quite an endeavor if you ever get around to doing it.

I'll leave this here, in the off chance you'll ever need a reference 

Looks like everything is functioning like it should on my end. The quest script fragment is fine, and so are the properties. It's the same basic code as every other start...

What is supposed to happen is that you start out in a new excavation on Solstheim. The Expectant Mother start is one (like the Vampire Larder and Bandit Honeypot starts) that has a mini-quest associated with it... but once you sleep in the LAL bed, you should end up with several items in your inventory, including wearing clothes, and BF should register you as pregnant.

Could you post a papyrus log for me? That might help me narrow down where the problem is.

And just making sure - you have all of the prerequisites? Sexlab, SKSE, LAL (the latest version), etcetera?

I might be stupid for saying this but... I don't know how to view papyrus logs

Look here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22241-sexlab-troubleshooting-support-guide/

Go to where it says FIRST THINGS FIRST, CHECK YOUR PAPYRUS DEBUG LOG!  and follow the instructions. :)

When you get your Papyrus.0.log file, you can either upload it (not sure if you can upload it - you might need to have a larger post count before you can upload files), or copy and paste the text here, placing it in a spoiler.

Guest ornak

I was just thinking of Shaman as more of a "people's (wo)man" rather than just Chief's personal sex toy, like shamans in real life, who are sometimes are venerated more that chiefs or hold both titles. The background idea was that female player is an aspiring alchemist, who arrives on Solstheim to study local flora, fauna and also practice alchemy (Captain Obvious, to the rescue!), and the best locals she could think of, who know all the where's and how's, were Rieklings. As she was using alchemy to aid the tribe, and her body to provide relief, she realized she became preached by rieklings as their new Shaman, and became the part of their community, which she grew to like (for obvious reasons ;)). Something like that, yeah.

Took me a while but I got the log here it is (It might be a little long due to my 200 mod long load order)

Papyrus.0.log

25. The Nordic Queen

This is an alternate start mod with an important playthrough aspect. You start in an old and forgotten draugr tomb. Some random adventurers exploring this place when they suddenly activate your coffin. You look like an draugr coverd in bandages and your first quest is to kill them and to escape your tomb. When you are at the end you found a wounded person that is fears you, but instead of killing him you feel something in your mind or your body and you start to rape him. At the climax you suck a part of his living soul out of him and your old draugr body looks a bit more human again while the victim is turned into a draugr.

There is also a new book that you can find around Skyrim that is about an old dominant Queen that was blessed by a daedric prince. With this power she was immortal, but the thing was she had to absorb sperm to hold her youth and beauty. Somehow she got betrayed and sealed away.

The thing is that you have to drain/absorb sperm from a living creature to hold your human form. This is only possible when you dominate your victim.

This mod contains different draugr and human forms:

Stage 1: The lowest stage of your character. No Tits, no ass, no hair and very thin. You walk much slower and you attacks are weak and you get more dmg from normal attacks, but your resistens against fire, ice and lighting are very high. This form should look more rotten then an normal draugr. While your are in your draugr form you are friendly to other draugr, but humans are aggressiv.

When you rape 2 people you get stage 2.

Stage 2: Stronger then stage 1 and resistens buff is weaker. You can now see very small boobs and a small ass and you have short hair. You look like a normal draugr.

When you rape 2 people you get stage 3.

Stage 3: From now on you are a human again. No resistens buff but also no debuffs. Still very small boobs, ass and short hair. You are thin like an draugr, very pale and you look ill.

When you are rape 1 person you get stage 4.

Stage 4: Your normal body like the one you would create. No debuffs or buffs.

When you rape 3 people you get stage 5.

Stage 5: The stage that was feared when you was a queen. Bigger tits, bigger ass, slightly higher then your normal body. You deal more damage and your resistens are slightly higher. Optional: different hairstyle, eyes, lipstick, tattoos.

IMPORTANT:

- you can't absorb when you are the vicitim (prevents conflict with other mods where you are a slave)

- every 12 or 24 hours you lose 1 rapepoint (lol)

- the buff in stage 5 should be strong enough that you want to hold that stage.

- A button in the menu that starts the quest (teleported into the coffin) (when you dont want to start a new game).

Its a bit more then just an alternate start and maybe a bit to much for your "alternate start" mod, but maybe you find a way to intergrate this into your mod.

If you want to contiune making mods for skyrim maybe you found something here.

For this sort of more elaborate quest, I would suggest what I am doing with stories.

Agree on a mod event name for the LAL start part of it (the 'hook' in CC's mod). That mod event would handle only the move to the starting location and some basic set up of the player (initial factions for example, to prevent being attacked right away by other NPCs around the starting location).

That mod event would then trigger a second mod event in its own mod. That event would start the main quest and handle special abilities of the player, quest stages and so on.

In other word, this is a good opportunity to create a new mod in its own right and only work out the right hooks with CC.

Took me a while but I got the log here it is (It might be a little long due to my 200 mod long load order)

Whoa... that is a lot of CCAS errors. It looks like my quest script didn't copy right or something.

It's all working fine over here, so my guess would be something got corrupted or mislaid on your end. :(

Are you using NMM, MO, or any other mod organizer utility? They *may* have some issues. Try installing it manually if you are.

And can you try re-downloading and reinstalling this mod?

25. The Nordic Queen

This is an alternate start mod with an important playthrough aspect. You start in an old and forgotten draugr tomb. Some random adventurers exploring this place when they suddenly activate your coffin. You look like an draugr coverd in bandages and your first quest is to kill them and to escape your tomb. When you are at the end you found a wounded person that is fears you, but instead of killing him you feel something in your mind or your body and you start to rape him. At the climax you suck a part of his living soul out of him and your old draugr body looks a bit more human again while the victim is turned into a draugr.

There is also a new book that you can find around Skyrim that is about an old dominant Queen that was blessed by a daedric prince. With this power she was immortal, but the thing was she had to absorb sperm to hold her youth and beauty. Somehow she got betrayed and sealed away.

The thing is that you have to drain/absorb sperm from a living creature to hold your human form. This is only possible when you dominate your victim.

This mod contains different draugr and human forms:

Stage 1: The lowest stage of your character. No Tits, no ass, no hair and very thin. You walk much slower and you attacks are weak and you get more dmg from normal attacks, but your resistens against fire, ice and lighting are very high. This form should look more rotten then an normal draugr. While your are in your draugr form you are friendly to other draugr, but humans are aggressiv.

When you rape 2 people you get stage 2.

Stage 2: Stronger then stage 1 and resistens buff is weaker. You can now see very small boobs and a small ass and you have short hair. You look like a normal draugr.

When you rape 2 people you get stage 3.

Stage 3: From now on you are a human again. No resistens buff but also no debuffs. Still very small boobs, ass and short hair. You are thin like an draugr, very pale and you look ill.

When you are rape 1 person you get stage 4.

Stage 4: Your normal body like the one you would create. No debuffs or buffs.

When you rape 3 people you get stage 5.

Stage 5: The stage that was feared when you was a queen. Bigger tits, bigger ass, slightly higher then your normal body. You deal more damage and your resistens are slightly higher. Optional: different hairstyle, eyes, lipstick, tattoos.

IMPORTANT:

- you can't absorb when you are the vicitim (prevents conflict with other mods where you are a slave)

- every 12 or 24 hours you lose 1 rapepoint (lol)

- the buff in stage 5 should be strong enough that you want to hold that stage.

- A button in the menu that starts the quest (teleported into the coffin) (when you dont want to start a new game).

Its a bit more then just an alternate start and maybe a bit to much for your "alternate start" mod, but maybe you find a way to intergrate this into your mod.

If you want to contiune making mods for skyrim maybe you found something here.

That is... quite a bit beyond the scope of this mod. ;)

Not a bad idea at all, but just a little bigger than what this is supposed to do.

For this sort of more elaborate quest, I would suggest what I am doing with stories.

Agree on a mod event name for the LAL start part of it (the 'hook' in CC's mod). That mod event would handle only the move to the starting location and some basic set up of the player (initial factions for example, to prevent being attacked right away by other NPCs around the starting location).

That mod event would then trigger a second mod event in its own mod. That event would start the main quest and handle special abilities of the player, quest stages and so on.

In other word, this is a good opportunity to create a new mod in its own right and only work out the right hooks with CC.

Exactly.

This mod is more of a very simple hook than anything else. Think of it like you would Simple Slavery - it provides a new type of access to other mods, but nothing much new on its own.

Granted, there are a couple of starts that don't interface with other people's mods, but in general this is a very small, simple mod.

Whoa... that is a lot of CCAS errors. It looks like my quest script didn't copy right or something.

It's all working fine over here, so my guess would be something got corrupted or mislaid on your end. :(

Are you using NMM, MO, or any other mod organizer utility? They *may* have some issues. Try installing it manually if you are.

And can you try re-downloading and reinstalling this mod?

I am using Mod Organizer. I tried re-downloading it and manually installing but I'm still having the same problem. Could it possibly be a conflict with another mod? I can't imagine what mod would cause a conflict.

I am using Mod Organizer. I tried re-downloading it and manually installing but I'm still having the same problem. Could it possibly be a conflict with another mod? I can't imagine what mod would cause a conflict.

Well, I suppose it could be, but likewise it's hard to think of one that would conflict, especially like that.

I'm at a loss.

You could try downloading and installing a previous version, see if that fixes it?  :blink:

My guess would be no, and even then the previous versions all had a potential bug with the Expectant Mother start anyway (unverified bug).