I'd been wanting to try out Sexlab Stories for a while, so when this mod came out with alternate starts using it, I jumped on it as soon as I could get all my mods updated and working (which took quite a bit longer than I thought it would).

Anyway, I tried the Red Wave start. I cannot express how completely you and Skyrimll have conveyed the feeling of boredom of working in a whorehouse with few customers (not that I would know). I deliberately chose not to run away, and to work off the debt. For the first three days the only clients my PC could service were the Thalmor and Solitude guards inside the ship. At the end of the third day, she was able to get a day pass to get out, where she ran to the city, bought some leather to make some water skins (I'm using iNeed and my poor girl wanted some water), picked up a couple of other clients in town, then headed back to the ship.

I thought after that she might be able to get another pass, but no such luck. She spent another three days on board, servicing the same two guards. On the evening of the 5th day an East India Dockworker and Sam Guenivene showed up, but would only consent to sex once apiece. So it was back to the guards. She finally paid off her debt on the sixth day and escaped, with a fair amount of gold she'd earned from her 22 encounters, and as much junk as she could pick up off the ship.

A most memorable start. Thanks for that.

Thanks for the comment.

It looks like it worked as intended .. Sam and boredom included :)

I'd been wanting to try out Sexlab Stories for a while, so when this mod came out with alternate starts using it, I jumped on it as soon as I could get all my mods updated and working (which took quite a bit longer than I thought it would).

Anyway, I tried the Red Wave start.  I cannot express how completely you and Skyrimll have conveyed the feeling of boredom of working in a whorehouse with few customers (not that I would know).  I deliberately chose not to run away, and to work off the debt.  For the first three days the only clients my PC could service were the Thalmor and Solitude guards inside the ship.  At the end of the third day, she was able to get a day pass to get out, where she ran to the city, bought some leather to make some water skins (I'm using iNeed and my poor girl wanted some water), picked up a couple of other clients in town, then headed back to the ship. 

I thought after that she might be able to get another pass, but no such luck.  She spent another three days on board, servicing the same two guards.  On the evening of the 5th day an East India Dockworker and Sam Guenivene showed up, but would only consent to sex once apiece.  So it was back to the guards.  She finally paid off her debt on the sixth day and escaped, with a fair amount of gold she'd earned from her 22 encounters, and as much junk as she could pick up off the ship.

A most memorable start.  Thanks for that.

Glad you're liking it. :)

O sorry my bad, some time i had it all in my head but it dosn't all come out, but ok in Sexlab MCM it keeps track of all the player's "encounters" is there a way to have it reflected what "Start" you picked, like started off in a whore in the inn, in the text is says a few years, the PC most have been used alot and have some skill to show for it, so the pc can earn some gold with her skill when back from killing, looting, etc

Hmm... I believe there is a way to do that, but I'm not sure how. There's a mod here on LL that allows you to modify that kind of thing, I think it's called Sexlab Utility or something like that Sexlab Stats Manipulator. I don't know how hard it would be to implement some stuff from that mod, but it can't be too hard, right?

Adding in some history (in the form of # of customers) is a good idea. I'll put it on my to-do list. :)

Where do i need to go for the LAL mara statue and bed i don't know i'm honestly so confused

As merManc says, you need the prerequisite.

However, during testing a couple of times the Mara statue failed to show up at all for me - this was because of an unintentional edit I made to LAL itself. I'm pretty sure I fixed that in all of the versions of this mod, but considering how buggy the damn thing has been so far it's entirely possible that I messed something up somewhere.

But I digress - you need Alternate Start - Live Another Life before you can start using its plugins.

Thanks for the comment.

It looks like it worked as intended .. Sam and boredom included :)

It depends on your point of view - for me, it's not boredom that's the problem, but frustration. I want to get out of my contract as quickly as possible, just get it over with. I consider myself an attractive woman, and I'm willing, and all the men around here and many of the women too are supposedly horny, but nobody will pay me for sex. Or drinks, for that matter. 1000 gold contract, and 967 to go, and I hate this goddamn ship with its goddamn red lights and goddamn passive customers who just want to come in and "sample the atmosphere" or something. "Slumming it" they call it. Arseholes, the lot of them. I'm a businesswoman, here... I do business. If you're not here for business, just go away and make room for a paying customer!

I do a job. I got nothing but trouble since I started, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job. And then I get paid.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Sam Guenivene showed up

Sam and boredom included

Eh? I haven't seen Sam show up yet! :(

Sam Guenivene showed up

Sam and boredom included

Eh? I haven't seen Sam show up yet! :(

He and the dock worker appeared down in the bilge, where your character wakes up on the start.  I think they teleported in, since I didn't see them come in the door.  You'd think that someone going to a whorehouse would be interested in sex, but my PC had to solicit each of them 3 times before they said yes, and after that they were never interested again.  Seems like that ship is full of people who just want to watch.  Watch what? :cool:

Glad to have helped and i look forward to what you do when you add it, tho shame no wear and tear add-on for the giant or troll start lol

I'm testing it out right now. Currently I've only added it to the prostitute starts... what says everyone about adding that kind of thing to all the other scenarios too?

so when i get into bed my screen goes black and then i wake up in the cell

what should i do? ;P

If you're using JUGS, disable it temporarily, that might help.

Other than that, you could post your papyrus log and load order, that will help me figure out what the problem is. Your load order is probably more important - many users have good results with just moving mods around and/or disabling mods temporarily.

Also, it's never a bad idea to read the OP. :)

He and the dock worker appeared down in the bilge, where your character wakes up on the start.  I think they teleported in, since I didn't see them come in the door.  You'd think that someone going to a whorehouse would be interested in sex, but my PC had to solicit each of them 3 times before they said yes, and after that they were never interested again.  Seems like that ship is full of people who just want to watch.  Watch what? :cool:

I'm using Aroused Creatures, and the dog (can't remember his name) did make a move on the Thalmor Soldier there. Maybe that's what they're waiting to watch. ;)

Is the expectant mother start unfinished? It tells me to talk to Gaev about finishing the excavation but he has no dialogue. Or is that the entirety of the start?

No, it's finished... I don't know why Gaev wouldn't be talking to you.

In the console, use this:

set ccas_bfstage to 0

And see if that brings up his dialogue... I kept messing around with the conditions for that start, it's possible I left something in that shouldn't have been.

EDIT: Yeah, that's my fault. It's supposed to check if the variable == 140, but instead it's checking if the variable == 0. I'll fix it in the next version. For now, just set it to zero as above.

I have the same problem with starting. I use the bed, it blacks out and fades back in.

The papyrus log is from a savefile, i just load in, use the statue and use bed. After i regain control i shut down skyrim so its as small as possible.

My loadorder is quite huge (130), but ccas is at 126, only my map mod and Dual Sheath is below it.

Papyrus.0.log

I have the same problem with starting. I use the bed, it blacks out and fades back in.

The papyrus log is from a savefile, i just load in, use the statue and use bed. After i regain control i shut down skyrim so its as small as possible.

My loadorder is quite huge (130), but ccas is at 126, only my map mod and Dual Sheath is below it.

The errors in your papyrus log are basically saying that somehow my properties have become unlinked from my scripts. Which can't happen unless I did something truly, truly stupid at some point. Specifically, that I saved the .esp, then edited the main quest script and added or removed stuff without actually going back in and saving the .esp again. And I'm absolutely certain that I haven't done that since, like, private beta version 3 or so.

Which version are you using? Can you try redownloading and reinstalling it, or if you're using an older version, try updating to v8c?

Or, as a last-ditch effort, you could try putting this script into your data/scripts directory so it overwrites what's already in there.

ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901.pex

This is the main quest script for v9. It *should* work fine with previous versions, but I've added a lot of stuff, so it's entirely possible that something else in CCAS might break because of it. Use at your own risk (this will not harm existing games or do any permanent damage... at worst, it will fuck up other alternate start scenarios until the original is put in its place).

If none of that fixes it, then it's undoubtedly something wrong with your load order. Specifically, something causing Skyrim to forget about my script halfway through. It's rare, but it is known to happen. Could you post your load order? Huge is fine, but you can put it in a spoiler tag or just attach a text file or something...

The errors in your papyrus log are basically saying that somehow my properties have become unlinked from my scripts. Which can't happen unless I did something truly, truly stupid at some point. Specifically, that I saved the .esp, then edited the main quest script and added or removed stuff without actually going back in and saving the .esp again. And I'm absolutely certain that I haven't done that since, like, private beta version 3 or so.

Which version are you using? Can you try redownloading and reinstalling it, or if you're using an older version, try updating to v8c?

Or, as a last-ditch effort, you could try putting this script into your data/scripts directory so it overwrites what's already in there.

This is the main quest script for v9. It *should* work fine with previous versions, but I've added a lot of stuff, so it's entirely possible that something else in CCAS might break because of it. Use at your own risk (this will not harm existing games or do any permanent damage... at worst, it will fuck up other alternate start scenarios until the original is put in its place).

If none of that fixes it, then it's undoubtedly something wrong with your load order. Specifically, something causing Skyrim to forget about my script halfway through. It's rare, but it is known to happen. Could you post your load order? Huge is fine, but you can put it in a spoiler tag or just attach a text file or something...

First of all, thanks for the quick response.

I am using v8b, the newest version in your download section.

After redownload , the problem still persists, even with your v9 file. (i tested both)

i'll attach my loadorder.

plugins.txt

Gotta say, CC. This is beginning to be a very popular mod to say the least. Good work! Keep it up.

Sadly, I still can't proceed with the mod. Still fading back to the cell whenever I select any of the starts. I've tried all the selections I have installed. No dice.

You did mention before that my EC+. SD+, and SL Stories were not functioning properly. Could you elaborate on that a bit? I have my papyrus and my LO here for your reference. You can talk to me in technical terms, I'll figure it out. I need to learn how to read papyrus logs anyway. :)

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
RaceCompatibility.esm
SexLab.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SGHairPackBase.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
daymoyl.esm
SexLab - Sexual Fame [sLSF].esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
FNIS.esp
SkyUI.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
CharacterMakingExtender.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp
xazPrisonOverhaul - Patch.esp
SexLab-Stories.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
sanguinesDebauchery.esp
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
chargenexport.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
SGHairPackAIO.esp
SimpleSlavery.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
Slaverun_Reloaded_Comments.esp
HeroineDistress.esp
Slaverun_Reloaded.esp
BrandingDeviceOfDoom.esp
SerialStrip.esp
SlaveTats.esp
Apropos.esp
Devious Devices - Equip.esp
sr_ifpssl.esp
DW.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SexLab_Dialogues.esp
SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp
daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp
MilkModNEW.esp
FNISspells.esp
FootIKOffSpell.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
SexLabDangerousNights2.esp
mslDeviousCaptures.esp
DeviouslyHelpless.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
SexLabHorribleHarassment.esp
Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
MilkModNEW HF.esp
MilkModNEW ZaZ.esp
SexLab Cumshot.esp
EstrusChaurus.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
da_alternate_start_extension.esp
ccas_starts.esp
ImmerSlave.esp
XPMSE.esp

Papyrus.0.log

First of all, thanks for the quick response.

I am using v8b, the newest version in your download section.

After redownload , the problem still persists, even with your v9 file. (i tested both)

i'll attach my loadorder.

I can't see anything that jumps out from your load order, except possibly you might want to move Alternate Start - live Another Life (and deviant life) down a bit, probably below Estrus Chaurus.

But that might not fix the problem. In truth, I don't know what the problem might be...

EDIT: Wait, you said you're using 8b? Try using 8c instead. Patch link here, just overwrite 8b with it. That might fix the problem...?

Gotta say, CC. This is beginning to be a very popular mod to say the least. Good work! Keep it up.

It'd be a lot better if I could get rid of these damn bugs all over the place.  :dodgy: 

You did mention before that my EC+. SD+, and SL Stories were not functioning properly. Could you elaborate on that a bit? I have my papyrus and my LO here for your reference. You can talk to me in technical terms, I'll figure it out. I need to learn how to read papyrus logs anyway.  :)

Yeah, the problem is I don't know how to read them either. Not much, anyway.

Here are the only lines in your papyrus log that seem to apply to this mod:

[04/24/2016 - 09:58:19PM] warning: Property vampire_barrier1 on script ccas_globalfunction attached to ccas_handler (56005901) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/24/2016 - 09:58:19PM] warning: Property vampire_barrier2 on script ccas_globalfunction attached to ccas_handler (56005901) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[04/24/2016 - 09:58:19PM] warning: Property vampire_barrier1 on script ccas_globalfunction attached to ccas_handler (56005901) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/24/2016 - 09:58:19PM] warning: Property vampire_barrier2 on script ccas_globalfunction attached to ccas_handler (56005901) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

These errors are essentially meaningless. They're just telling you that I left in an empty script from a previous version. It's something I should get rid of, but it doesn't really affect the game in any way. You'll see this in a lot of mods from time to time. It's just because the mod author is lazy.

[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS 9 starting mara dialogue
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Simple Slavery
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found SD
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Sexlab Stories
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Sexlab Stories Devious
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Estrus Chaurus
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Milk Mod Economy
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Slaverun
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS mod locater ending _ beginning start dialogues
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:19PM] CCAS starting 130

These notes are just ones telling CCAS what mods you have installed it can integrate with, and telling you what start you have selected (in this case, Chaurus Breeder).

[04/24/2016 - 09:59:29PM] ERROR: ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901.Fragment_11() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
This is the important one. I'm not totally certain what could be causing this... for some reason, Skyrim is skipping the start entirely.
Just after the previous line saying "CCAS starting 130" there should be a line saying "CCAS Quest: Chaurus Egg Tender". However, the whole thing seems to be skipped for some reason. All you're getting is an error saying there's essentially a missing fragment. I've checked again and again, and the fragment is in-place and compiling properly.
I have no idea why Skyrim would be skipping the entire quest stage. I tend to think it might be a bad script... can you try downloading and using the one I just uploaded a couple posts ago?

The issue with the Mara statue dialogue not showing up for anyone seems to have gone away... which means there's really just one problem people are still having with this mod (except all the little things like Expectant Mother dialogue not showing up, etc). And that problem is the fade-to-black and not actually starting the scenarios.
To anyone still having issues... try this. It's a nuclear option, and I do not recommend actually doing it normally, but for testing and for the sake of my sanity, try disabling all mods except CCAS and its prerequisites and the mod(s) you want to have CCAS send to (i.e. SD+, Stories, etc). If things suddenly start working, at the very least I can say it's *probably* not my fault.
I dislike the idea of that... I'd really like this to not conflict with anything, but apparently that's just not going to happen. :(
You'll want to re-enable all your desired mods again, of course... but at least if it works you'll know it's a conflict, and maybe we can start tracking down mods that are guaranteed to have problems with this. JUGS is the only one I'm aware of right now.

Regarding your creature starts: You might consider recommending installing Darkconsole's Untamed (and setting it up before using the LAL-bed), so you can use it's features to .... calm .... those creatures (sort of). If one doesn't want the gameplay effects, those can be disabled via the MCM.

0  0 Skyrim.esm

1  1 Update.esm
 2  2 Dawnguard.esm
 3  3 HearthFires.esm
 4  4 Dragonborn.esm
 5  5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
 6  6 SexLab.esm
 7  7 ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 8  8 SexLabAroused.esm
 9  9 Devious Devices - Assets.esm
10  a Devious Devices - Integration.esm
11  b ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
12  c CreatureFramework.esm
13  d Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
14  e RaceCompatibility.esm
15  f daymoyl.esm
16 10 Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
17 11 hdtHighHeel.esm
18 12 BeeingFemale.esm
      HighResTexturePack01.esp
      HighResTexturePack02.esp
      HighResTexturePack03.esp
19 13 XPMSE.esp
20 14 SkyUI.esp
21 15 FNIS.esp
22 16 Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
23 17 SexLab_Solutions.esp
24 18 zdd.esp
25 19 HorrifiedFemalePrisons.esp
26 1a DeviouslyHelpless.esp
27 1b Brawl Bugs CE.esp
28 1c ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp
29 1d ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
30 1e ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
31 1f RaceMenu.esp
32 20 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
33 21 Brows.esp
34 22 KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
35 23 MoreNastyCritters.esp
36 24 SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
37 25 SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
38 26 SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
39 27 Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
40 28 SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
41 29 TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
42 2a HDT TestSkirts.esp
43 2b UIExtensions.esp
44 2c AddItemMenu.esp
45 2d Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp
46 2e Deviously Enslaved.esp
47 2f SlaveTats.esp
48 30 DeadlyDragons.esp
49 31 UnreadBooksGlow.esp
50 32 BanneredMareExtension.esp
51 33 hydra_slavegirls.esp
52 34 Captured Dreams.esp
53 35 SexLab-Stories.esp
54 36 HentaiCreatures.esp
55 37 dc-untamed-000.esp
56 38 sanguinesDebauchery.esp
57 39 xazPrisonOverhaul.esp
58 3a SMIM-Merged-All.esp
59 3b SimpleSlavery.esp
60 3c qayl.esp
61 3d Devious Cidhna.esp
62 3e SexLab_Dialogues.esp
63 3f SuccubusRaceLite.esp
64 40 Maria.esp
65 41 RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
66 42 SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp
67 43 Devious Devices - Equip.esp
68 44 Devious Deviants.esp
69 45 ImmerSlave-DeviceCut.esp
70 46 EstrusChaurus.esp
71 47 AngrimApprentice.esp
72 48 Prison.esp
73 49 MilkModNEW.esp
74 4a MilkModNEW HF.esp
75 4b MilkModNEW ZaZ.esp
76 4c NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp
77 4d BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp
78 4e Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
79 4f Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
80 50 Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
81 51 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
82 52 ccas_starts.esp
83 53 ImmerSlave.esp

here is my load order and i tried to remove jugs but it did not work

I can't see anything that jumps out from your load order, except possibly you might want to move Alternate Start - live Another Life (and deviant life) down a bit, probably below Estrus Chaurus.

But that might not fix the problem. In truth, I don't know what the problem might be...

EDIT: Wait, you said you're using 8b? Try using 8c instead. Patch link here, just overwrite 8b with it. That might fix the problem...?

Sadly, it didn't help.

But(!) i found out its a conflict with another mod. I disabled all non essential mods and it worked.

So i tested my way up.

I looks like either the place in the loadorder or the esp itself is crashing your mod.

As i disabled SexLabControllerAsVibrator by jprivate, it works just fine. Since this mod dosen't need a fresh save, i can just enable it afterwards.

I don't know what happend that these mods are incompatible, but for me it works now.

But i might be a single case, as my harddrive was corrupting itself a day ago thanks to a sata connector.

[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS 9 starting mara dialogue
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Simple Slavery
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found SD
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Sexlab Stories
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Sexlab Stories Devious
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Estrus Chaurus
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Milk Mod Economy
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS found Slaverun
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:06PM] CCAS mod locater ending _ beginning start dialogues
[04/24/2016 - 09:59:19PM] CCAS starting 130

This is the important one. I'm not totally certain what could be causing this... for some reason, Skyrim is skipping the start entirely.
Just after the previous line saying "CCAS starting 130" there should be a line saying "CCAS Quest: Chaurus Egg Tender". However, the whole thing seems to be skipped for some reason. All you're getting is an error saying there's essentially a missing fragment. I've checked again and again, and the fragment is in-place and compiling properly.
I have no idea why Skyrim would be skipping the entire quest stage. I tend to think it might be a bad script... can you try downloading and using the one I just uploaded a couple posts ago?

You mean the 8c patch? Ok. Ill merge it will 8b. Will update after.

Regarding your creature starts: You might consider recommending installing Darkconsole's Untamed (and setting it up before using the LAL-bed), so you can use it's features to .... calm .... those creatures (sort of). If one doesn't want the gameplay effects, those can be disabled via the MCM.

That's certainly one way to go.

[snip]

here is my load order and i tried to remove jugs but it did not work

I don't see anything in your load order that pops out as bad... but you could try what I suggested here and see if you can figure out which mod(s) are conflicting.

Sadly, it didn't help.

But(!) i found out its a conflict with another mod. I disabled all non essential mods and it worked.

So i tested my way up.

I looks like either the place in the loadorder or the esp itself is crashing your mod.

As i disabled SexLabControllerAsVibrator by jprivate, it works just fine. Since this mod dosen't need a fresh save, i can just enable it afterwards.

I don't know what happend that these mods are incompatible, but for me it works now.

But i might be a single case, as my harddrive was corrupting itself a day ago thanks to a sata connector.

Well now that's freaking bizarre. SexLabControllerAsVibrator? Why the hell would that conflict?

I tend to think your other supposition is correct - it's not the mod itself, but its place in the load order. It can't be too many mods, because I'm currently using 252 mods and it's still working for me, so it's either some weird interaction between multiple different mods or CCAS just can't be in an odd-numbered slot unless it's a warm Wednesday in February but only if there are two men on base and the player to your right has just been dealt a pair of Jacks under 50,000 miles or your money back guaranteed. Or something like that.

You mean the 8c patch? Ok. Ill merge it will 8b. Will update after.

I was actually thinking of the individual script here, but yeah, if you're using 8b you should update to 8c. But I can't think of any reason why 8c would work where 8b does not, because all 8c does is change a couple of dialogue conditions.

My go to has been Sexlab Leveling and Sexlab Util. Leveling is a little frills defeat kind of mod and Util has a whole toolkit of things that can happen when having sex. I always set it up so that after sex, the aggressor or the victim (the only way to define a rape) has a calm spell put on them. I can either assault an aggressive npc, or get defeated and raped, and not have to fight that npc for a while.  The only downside seems to be that Leveling doesn't support multiple enemies all that well.

Now if you wanted a beastly playthrough, Untamed and one of the beast starts would be a great way to do that. Wouldn't matter as much if they were aggressive or not, as you could use its spells to get started.

*snip*

Your version 4 is still working like a dream for me. If anyone is having issues and just wants to run it i'd reccomend using one of the older ones if you want the more stable start to one of the stories it supports. 

CC I love your mod and it's working great but also thanks for your continued work on the mod and your wanting to push it more and more, it's everything a girl can ask for. :) The only story that I would like to see is a mix of one of the existing stories and building it into one of the best mod/nonmod story options out there right now. I'd love to pitch it to you, so here it goes. 

Sanguine's Sacrifice. (Optional outcome for Soul gem incubator start.)

Simply adding on to the final stage of the quest but instead of escaping she fails to escape and is then sacrificed.

"The player is taken to the alter and is killed (might I suggest using one Manoose's Impale/hanging animation) Player wakes up in Sanguine s lair (SD+) Sanguine then "says" that he binds the PC to serve him by corrupting the sisterhood of Dibella (sisterhood of Dibella), then to enslave all the women of Skyrim (Slaverun re) To gain their soul back. SD+ would basically take it from there. After the player has done all of these events Sanguine reveals that the player had their soul all along and has done everything of their own free will and that be turning skyrim into his personal playground they have already given their soul to him."

I know your busy but I'd giggle for days if this was made! <3 you!

CC, I finally got it to work (Chaurus Breeder) by making a new profile just for your mod. I will now test every single scenario on my end. This means, however, that I can't pinpoint what was conflicting with the other profiles. I'll turn on each mod one by one and see if I can locate the conflicting issue. I'll be sure to you know. 

My go to has been Sexlab Leveling and Sexlab Util. Leveling is a little frills defeat kind of mod and Util has a whole toolkit of things that can happen when having sex. I always set it up so that after sex, the aggressor or the victim (the only way to define a rape) has a calm spell put on them. I can either assault an aggressive npc, or get defeated and raped, and not have to fight that npc for a while.  The only downside seems to be that Leveling doesn't support multiple enemies all that well.

Now if you wanted a beastly playthrough, Untamed and one of the beast starts would be a great way to do that. Wouldn't matter as much if they were aggressive or not, as you could use its spells to get started.

I do see your point, but the core problem with those starts is neither that those creatures can be hostile, nor that there might be more than one creature. The problem I see, is that you are a brand new level 1 character and can't put up with most of those creatures (maybe except the wolves, depends on their numbers)... So if you want to avoid consoling your way out of this, you'll probably end up dead.

I say that, because I personally use SL Defeat and have experienced a few problems with how the scripts work. I imagine SL leveling works in a similar if not identical way, so the only mod that might mitigate you getting oneshot to death might be SD/SD+.... So anyone who doesn't want those defeat mechanics should use a way to calm those creatures before they can attack you, and thats where Untamed comes in for me.

A little note on the side: you don't exactly need to play a creature-playthrough with Untamed, my current PC is a mage prefering atronarchs of most kinds.... (yeah those count as creatures for the mods purpose, but an elemental being isn't exactly what I'd call a creature.)

EDIT: I know I could have structured this one better aas well as giving more arguments and background info, but I also didn't want to write an entire novel here... so, here goes.

I think Leveling works in a different way than Defeat does, as I've never died due to script lag or anything else.  I have had times where a sex scene should start when I drop below the health threshold, but it doesn't, and I heal up to 100% and can keep fighting.

While the animal starts should not be aggressive, a couple times they weren't working right and the wolves attacked me. I was still thinking in that mindset but I also always use leveling and util because they are so very useful. Leveling can also work with Death Alternative if you use that.

There is also an option, though it can be hard to use depending on what you put the threshold at, where the PC and assault an NPC weak enough.

Are you able to find enough atronachs to make use of Untamed?  And while you wouldn't think of them as animals, Skyrim does have a line pretty much between "human" and "not-human" that lumps dogs and dwarven centurions in the same group.

Your version 4 is still working like a dream for me. If anyone is having issues and just wants to run it i'd reccomend using one of the older ones if you want the more stable start to one of the stories it supports. 

CC I love your mod and it's working great but also thanks for your continued work on the mod and your wanting to push it more and more, it's everything a girl can ask for. :) The only story that I would like to see is a mix of one of the existing stories and building it into one of the best mod/nonmod story options out there right now. I'd love to pitch it to you, so here it goes. 

Sanguine's Sacrifice. (Optional outcome for Soul gem incubator start.)

Simply adding on to the final stage of the quest but instead of escaping she fails to escape and is then sacrificed.

"The player is taken to the alter and is killed (might I suggest using one Manoose's Impale/hanging animation) Player wakes up in Sanguine s lair (SD+) Sanguine then "says" that he binds the PC to serve him by corrupting the sisterhood of Dibella (sisterhood of Dibella), then to enslave all the women of Skyrim (Slaverun re) To gain their soul back. SD+ would basically take it from there. After the player has done all of these events Sanguine reveals that the player had their soul all along and has done everything of their own free will and that be turning skyrim into his personal playground they have already given their soul to him."

I know your busy but I'd giggle for days if this was made! <3 you!

Well, I'm glad something is working. :)

Sanguine's Sacrifice looks more like something another mod would do and this one would link to.

The "taken to an altar" is certainly something I could do here, I'd just have to figure out how to do the same basic thing that XPO and SD+ does to move the player around. Or I could just leave control in the hands of the player and give the player the opportunity to be voluntarily sacrificed or to try to escape. In any event, the point of the sacrifice is sending your soul into a soulgem... but there's no reason why Sanguine or any other Daedra couldn't interrupt the process.

Sending the player to Sanguine's realm at that point is trivial, and can be done directly using the SD+ API. The thing is, from that point it would require some reworking of SD+ to get the dialogue, quests, and integration with Dibella and Slaverun, and while integrating with Sisterhood of Dibella is actually an ongoing project, I'm not sure about Slaverun (I'm sure it would be nice to have the two mods play together, but right now they're in two different playgrounds). I'm also not sure about the workload - it could be as simple as forking a quest, or it could require a fundamental rewrite of some important stuff in SD+. In either case, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it... poor skyrimll has a lot of things already on the to-do list. Or lists, rather. ;)

CC, I finally got it to work (Chaurus Breeder) by making a new profile just for your mod. I will now test every single scenario on my end. This means, however, that I can't pinpoint what was conflicting with the other profiles. I'll turn on each mod one by one and see if I can locate the conflicting issue. I'll be sure to you know. 

Whuf... Sorry to put you to all the trouble there. :(

I do see your point, but the core problem with those starts is neither that those creatures can be hostile, nor that there might be more than one creature. The problem I see, is that you are a brand new level 1 character and can't put up with most of those creatures (maybe except the wolves, depends on their numbers)... So if you want to avoid consoling your way out of this, you'll probably end up dead.

I say that, because I personally use SL Defeat and have experienced a few problems with how the scripts work. I imagine SL leveling works in a similar if not identical way, so the only mod that might mitigate you getting oneshot to death might be SD/SD+.... So anyone who doesn't want those defeat mechanics should use a way to calm those creatures before they can attack you, and thats where Untamed comes in for me.

A little note on the side: you don't exactly need to play a creature-playthrough with Untamed, my current PC is a mage prefering atronarchs of most kinds.... (yeah those count as creatures for the mods purpose, but an elemental being isn't exactly what I'd call a creature.)

EDIT: I know I could have structured this one better aas well as giving more arguments and background info, but I also didn't want to write an entire novel here... so, here goes.

I haven't used Sexlab Leveling, though I've been meaning to try. I'm not sure how SexlabUtil would apply - the point is to make the creatures nonhostile before they attack you, right?

I suppose it's fine if they're aggressive at first, I could just rewrite the journal entry on the wolf, troll, and giant starts (they've been peaceful, but have suddenly gone mad!), but I kind of like how it is now. Then again, it's obviously not working for most people, so maybe a rewrite and rework is in order anyway.

As for consoling or death - I feel that in some cases (the spider start, and the bear start, anyway) just running for the exit is a legitimate strategy, and also fits in with the current journal entry. An improperly set up - or rather, I should say a properly but aggressively set up Defeat could mean the player's death and/or assault, both of which are perfectly legitimate as scenarios... but it's not what I originally intended. Of course, neither is running away in a panic. I dunno, maybe the whole creature start thing needs to be rethought...

The whole thing is, I'd rather not have to rely on other mods to get this one working properly. A start specifically designed to send to another mod is fine (any of the Stories, SSLV, etc), but requiring Untamed, Leveling, Util, or anything else just to get a start working properly seems a little lazy to me. Now I am, of course, as lazy as they come, but that feels like going too far. :)

It's bad enough that I'm having people disable mods they want to use just to have a good roleplaying start.  :-/

I think Leveling works in a different way than Defeat does, as I've never died due to script lag or anything else.  I have had times where a sex scene should start when I drop below the health threshold, but it doesn't, and I heal up to 100% and can keep fighting.

While the animal starts should not be aggressive, a couple times they weren't working right and the wolves attacked me. I was still thinking in that mindset but I also always use leveling and util because they are so very useful. Leveling can also work with Death Alternative if you use that.

There is also an option, though it can be hard to use depending on what you put the threshold at, where the PC and assault an NPC weak enough.

Are you able to find enough atronachs to make use of Untamed?  And while you wouldn't think of them as animals, Skyrim does have a line pretty much between "human" and "not-human" that lumps dogs and dwarven centurions in the same group.

The principle behind Defeat and Leveling (the defeat part of Leveling) is the same, but I believe the execution is a bit different. Leveling is (IIRC) more of a stripped-down version of Defeat, that is specifically designed to be lightweight. Defeat, on the other hand, is much more customizable and full-featured... and it is that very feature-richness that causes many people to have problems with it. This post I wrote a while back gives a quick and dirty description of how scripts work, and much of that applies to how Defeat acts, or rather interacts, with other mods.

I didn't know Leveling could work with Death Alternative - maybe I should give it a shot anyway, and put Defeat on the back burner for a while... I dunno. Honestly, I haven't played Skyrim for a few months now... most of my free time is taken up with XCOM 2 and Fallout 4. :)

I think the Leveling / Util / Untamed thread was a mix of miscommunication and different starting thoughts.  I always setup my 2 and since the bug with the wolves make them kick in, when I first posted about them that is what I was thinking about.  On the other hand, while Untamed can be used against aggressive animals I don't think that is part of its primary purpose, building a pack of animals you've gathered from the wild. So yes, the idea with the animal starts from this mod was to have them non-hostile from the begining, and there Untamed would work better, having them hostile did not greatly inconvenience me, since the ice wolves were not able to kill my level 1 new character with the mod interventions.

Leveling by itself just keeps you from dying, and adds the "get raped" or "rape your enemy" options but does not handle post-defeat. DA can handle that if you have it installed, taking over for Defeat's features. I sub in Util instead, and assume that after a bandit has raped their victim, are ok with leaving her there in a magical, vampire/succubus mind control sort of way. (I just have Util apply a calm spell on the aggressor.) I also put the same spell on victims, so I can beat down and rape a target NPC and then talk to them if needed.

My take on using Leveling/Util/Untamed/whatever is that they're fine mods, and I don't have any problem with anyone using them in any way... but it's not what the mod was supposed to do.

It's like, I'm a carpenter, and I've built a nice house, except by some mistake I put the front door in sideways. Sure, you can still enter and leave the house via the front door, but you've got to open it carefully and hunch up and clamber over a waist-high wall every time. For many people, that might be perfectly acceptable, or they might cut holes in the wall (i.e. using another mod for that start) to get through. However you end up making it work, like you say it doesn't inconvenience you, awesome. And that's great, as long as the users are happy.

My problem is with the fact that the stupid damn carpenter put the door in sideways in the first place.  :dodgy:

I guess I really can't be too upset at myself... I mean, even vanilla Skyrim with no mods has its fair share of problems. I'm just obsessive about stuff like that...

~450 people are following this mod, which to my mind means that around 450 people like it enough to use it. And I've gotten complaints from, I dunno, a dozen? Which means there are probably at least twice that many people who haven't complained. I guess that 10% or so of users not having it perfect is okay, it just seems wrong to me...

What I'm getting at here is that when I keep saying stuff like you "shouldn't have to use other mods just to make this one work," that's exactly what I mean - you shouldn't have to. Same for disabling any mods in your load order - if JUGS is a confirmed conflict, that bugs me, because I'd like people to be able to use whichever mods they want. If you do use other mods to get the creature starts to work, more power to you... I just wish I could fix the underlying problem. I've never considered myself a perfectionist in any way - hell, if you open up any of my mods and look at how they're structured, or look at the source code, you'll quickly see they're about as spaghetti as spaghetti can be - it's actually surprising me how much this bothers me. Having people have to use Untamed to get the Wolf start to work whether or not they want to or would be using it in any case grates a little. Telling people to disable all of their mods and turn them back on one at a time to find out which are conflicting feels like offloading all the work on someone else. Which is admittedly stupid, because it's not like I can do that from here... I dunno. It's not logical or reasonable, it's just me.

EDIT: I guess what it boils down to is that I'm fine with my own sloppy or lazy work, as long as it actually does work. Other people too... I see a student use a bubble sort to sort a 50-million element array, that's fine, as long as it works (i.e. short execution time isn't a requirement, etc). It's hacky, it's silly, and there are a lot better ways to do it - but if it works, great. You get a B (not an A, because only an idiot uses a bubble sort on 50 million things :) ). But if that student uses a bogo sort instead, F.

The same principle applies to my stuff - using a global variable as a dialogue condition to speak to the Mara statue is a poor excuse for a "fix" to an existing problem, but as long as it works, it works. But just knowing that the problem still exists somewhere under there gets on my nerves something fierce.

EDIT: I am reminded of this video, found it a couple of years ago. It's really nifty. Almost hypnotic. ;)