[idea] Buildable sexbot

54 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

Are you going to add in parts of the scalp as well to kind of finish things off in terms of the head shape?

Undecided.
First i needed a proof of concept, to see if it is even possible to have proper face morphs and lipsync on a robot (you can read about my struggle here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/125111-solved-custom-robot-race-face-morphs-lipsync-not-working/).

Now that THAT problem is solved, i can think about how i want it to look.

I was thinking about something like the following:
https://www.deviantart.com/tjfx/art/Female-Robot-Render-389084351

https://www.deviantart.com/thisotherwriter/art/Female-Robocop-Alexandra-Murphy-03-565171806

https://www.deviantart.com/keeping-it-neil/art/A-is-for-Apple-586824933

https://www.deviantart.com/pappadipuppi/art/UG-babes-3-353524043

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

Undecided.
First i needed a proof of concept, to see if it is even possible to have proper face morphs and lipsync on a robot (you can read about my struggle here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/125111-solved-custom-robot-race-face-morphs-lipsync-not-working/).

Now that THAT problem is solved, i can think about how i want it to look.

I was thinking about something like the following:
https://www.deviantart.com/tjfx/art/Female-Robot-Render-389084351

https://www.deviantart.com/thisotherwriter/art/Female-Robocop-Alexandra-Murphy-03-565171806

https://www.deviantart.com/keeping-it-neil/art/A-is-for-Apple-586824933

https://www.deviantart.com/pappadipuppi/art/UG-babes-3-353524043

I really like that last one.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I'd share my Jezebel, as it feels on-topic.

Screenshot (19).png

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought "you know, she's being kind of a bitch...I'm gonna mess with her by making her a ridiculous body".

Bright pink, huge butt and boobs, strapped a teddy-bear backpack on her, and didn't bother giving her arms because screw-you you psycho, no arms for you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've been recently having trouble with having AAF find Servitron when trying to find a target using AAF. Since the new version of AAF has been released, it appears that the XML files do not work anymore? When I revert to the previous version of AAF, Servitron appears to work normally with the XML files.

14 hours ago, Tyriack said:

Hello,

I've been recently having trouble with having AAF find Servitron when trying to find a target using AAF. Since the new version of AAF has been released, it appears that the XML files do not work anymore? When I revert to the previous version of AAF, Servitron appears to work normally with the XML files.

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2019 at 10:27 AM, Roggvir said:

How about this?

1192608552_Servitron-MannequinHead.png.f196019391d347db867a3112719c4ef0.png

Probably not what you wanted, i know, don't worry, i am not done yet.

Hah. Maybe you can a full mannequin body parts? It will looks creepy as fuck, especially if mannequin-looking servitrons will appear as foes in the locations with already existing mannequins.

I really LOVE this mod, Ada is my favorite companion and now she's more beautiful than ever. But I have some questions.

As I mentioned above, are you planning to add them to the game world as enemies? As part of the Rust Devils patrols, the obvious option.

Do you plan to make a functioning head laser? Is it even possible? And also hidden blades?

And what about the various new parts, such as these:

Spoiler

destallano4-%D0%A8%D1%82%D1%83%D1%80%D0%

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Antibot_One said:

Maybe you can a full mannequin body parts? It will looks creepy as fuck, especially if mannequin-looking servitrons will appear as foes in the locations with already existing mannequins.

That is EXACTLY what i was aiming for, but i want the "robo-mannequin" to look exactly like the normal static ones, which isn't as easy as it seems (if you want to do it right).

I will try to recreate the whole mesh from a human body, carefully sculpted to look exactly as the mannequins (including the head - which is the most tricky part, so maybe i'll have to use the original mannequin head... not sure yet), of course with a custom edited texture/material that immitates the one on the mannequins.

And it will be probably classed as Synth Gen 2.1 or something like that - not an assaultron, so the parts wont be applicable to any Robot Workbench robots (unless i find it convenient, or easy to do).

are you planning to add them to the game world as enemies? As part of the Rust Devils patrols, the obvious option.

I wasn't, but now that you mentioned it, i think it is a good idea, so i will add it to my (TRY)TODO list.

Do you plan to make a functioning head laser? Is it even possible?

I want that head laser to work, and i believe it should be possible by editing the Servitron race behavior to add the option somehow, but right now it is no more that that - a belief.

If anybody knows of any mod that does similar things to any other race (things like taking some special attack from one race, and giving it to a completely different race), let me know - it may help me if i have a look at what they done and how.

If anything fails, i was thinking about making them use it as some sort of spell (think of shouts from Skyrim - if such mechanic is still in Fallout 4, and we know spells are still there, maybe i could use it that way, it could be a decent workaround - also maybe looking at how Mirelurk Kings do their sonic attack might help, maybe it too could be used here somehow).

also hidden blades?

Simmilar to the laser - no clue yet.
Fortunately, from what i saw so far, the blade's folding/unfolding animations are not an HKX (which i couldn't do anything with, because i am not equipped to edit and retarget HKX animations to a different skeleton), but are defined in the NIF file of that robot part.

So, i imagine that MAYBE, in theory, i could use that in mostly unchanged form (if i am right, that may apply to all such NIF-based animations on all the other parts like shock claws, etc.), but then i still need to edit the behavior somehow for the robot to "know" it has this ability and it can use it, and i dont know yet if that is possible...

...i mean with the tools i have at my disposal, which is xEdit, OutfitStudio, NifSkope (thank the horned rat for these! i can't imagine modding any of Beth's games without these tools - if anyone can, even if you are not a modder, but only use mods, please consider donating to the ppl who created these tools, without them, 90% of mods would simply not be possible!), of course the Bethesda's CrashingKit, and super-uber-mega-shitty-crappy-horrible-shitty-pieceofshit-bullshit-stupid new 3Ds Max without ability to import/export NIFs - ...i wish i could use the old one where everything worked :( - the new bullshit Max really hinders my abilities to do stuff, but rejoice, its full of on-line crap! you need to start 5 different services just to be able to run the shit! YAY! Stupid piece of shit. I guess i will have to look around for alternatives, maybe Blender? ...which sucks, because i'll have to learn everything a new, all the shortcuts and whats where... not mentioning the toolset/abilities undoubtedly differ, so i'll have to learn a completely new process of how to do things - and i am just assuming that Blender has some support for import/export of FO4 NIFs. SORRY FOR THIS RANT, I COULDN'T HELP, YOU STRUCK A NERVE :).

...again, if anything fails, it could be done with a bit of scripting - depending on what would be best approach, we'd may have to do without the folding/unfolding animations, and simply make the robot equip a special blade weapon upon entering combat state, and unequip it when exiting combat state - it could be also done in a way that the robot would be able to automatically choose whether to use ranged attacks, or the special hidden blade weapons when in melee range (without given ranged weapon, it would use only the melee blades).

And what about the various new parts, such as these:

Nope, not me - those new parts would require creating NEW 3D meshes and textures from scratch, and i am no 3D nor texture artist, so i am not capable (i can bend and twist what already exists, but i have no ability to create brand new things).

But you know... i keep repeating this over and over again - it doesn't have to be ME, anybody can make stuff for the Servitron, and publish it alongside a patch to make it work (of course they can give it to me to incorporate it into the main mod, but it's not a requirement - anybody can make stuff and patches to extend the Servitron mod).

Anyway... unfortunately, there are still some things i need to do first.

As some of you probably noticed, the promised update wasn't relased yet.

There are two reasons for the delay:

1. I found that the changes the mod does to the Formlists used by Robot Workbench, are not enough or not 100% correct.
    It seems to be causing some rare problems, which are really hard to debug due to how rarely they happen, and i also cannot rule out some vanilla game bug.
    In any case, the fastest way to deal with this, is to do dig into these RW formlists to find out exactly what needs to be injected where - i thought i knew already, but i suspect i omitted some and that MAY be the cause.
    This is tedious and annoying work, and being burned out as i am, at some point i got pissed at Bethesda for what a slapped together hack the whole Robot Workbench functionality is, and i needed a break to save what was left of my sanity.
    I am now slowly getting back to it, but because that break, i forgot most of the stuff i already learned, so i have to start almost from scratch.

2. Humanoid face with working facial expressions
    At first i wanted to just quickly test if it can be done, and then either add it or drop it, but i got too stubborn and kept trying and trying, wasting valuable time (if you like reading: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/125111-custom-robot-race-face-morphs-lipsync-not-working/).
    This "research" took a horrendous amount of time, and combined with the above, made me want to burn all the physical copies of all Bethesda games i have, including the old Arena - fortunately i realized that Arena is not to blame here, and went on yet another break from modding instead.
    I still want this to work, and i think i am very close, but i will stay away from it until the #1 issue is resolved and the update released.

16 hours ago, Roggvir said:

I wasn't, but now that you mentioned it, i think it is a good idea, so i will add it to my (TRY)TODO list.

Good to read it! And maybe not only an enemies, but as a settlers too? With a small chance of appearence, of course.

Thanks for the answers, keep up the good work)

• 1 month later...

I've often wondered how the robot workshop works, behind the scenes. 
Is it possible for a mod to allow it to work on humans?  Is there something special about a robot arm that makes it replaceable, that is hard-coded to work differently than a human arm? 
I've often wondered about creating somewhat more human-like robots ... not quite a gen three synth, but more human than an assaultron.  It seems like it might have been easier to start wtih a human base and use non-removable armor parts to look like a robot.  But then they probably won't be moddable in the robot workbench. 

1 hour ago, Danest said:

I've often wondered how the robot workshop works, behind the scenes. 
Is it possible for a mod to allow it to work on humans?  Is there something special about a robot arm that makes it replaceable, that is hard-coded to work differently than a human arm? 
I've often wondered about creating somewhat more human-like robots ... not quite a gen three synth, but more human than an assaultron.  It seems like it might have been easier to start wtih a human base and use non-removable armor parts to look like a robot.  But then they probably won't be moddable in the robot workbench. 

Making the workbench work with humans is possible, but it requires some changes to the human race, adding some robot keyword to it and some other things i can't remember right now - in general, these changes will have some unwanted side-effect, so trying this isn't probably the best idea.
Better to make a new robot race that you base on the human race, which is how i made the Servitron.

In general, to attach various robot parts, the game relies on BSConnectPoint nodes inside the NIF files.
The parent NIF needs to have BSConnectPoint::Parent which lists the connection points (names and positions) available on this NIF - you can think of it as named "slots" where you attach things.
Then the parts you want to attach must have BSConnectPoint::Children where you specify the named parent slot where it gets attached.
That is only one part of the system, then you need to fire up CK and immerse yourself in a true nightmare.

You will need to create some "attach point" keywords that are used by the game to tell what goes where.
You need to create OMODs that reference these NIFs, and then you need to put those OMODs into various formlists which are used by the workbench to know what mods to show in which category.
It is a mess that isn't explained anywhere, so figuring it out by trial and error is immense pain in the ass, because when stuff doesn't work, you dont know if you made a mistake in one ofthe many formlists, maybe you forgot to add something to certain formlist, or maybe you added it into the wrong formlist, or maybe you made some mistake in the OMOD, or in the NIF file for the part, or in the NIF file of the parent, or in the skeleton, or in the race settings, or in one of the related "attach point" keywords, or MAYBE it is just a vanilla game bug...
Then you finally make things work, but you start having "random" crashes, and you spent a week trying figuring out what is going on.
Then you dive into compatibility issues... the formlists must be sorted in certain way - an item in one formlist must be often at the same index as another related item in other formlist and if it gets out of sync, the robot workbench breaks in all sorts of ways.
So you cannot edit these formlists directly in CK, because any other mod that does the same will break your mod (depending on the load order), so you need to make compatibility patches (which is NOT fun with these fromlists), or create some scripted solution to inject stuff into the formlists and then to remove it (you cannot uninstall the mod without restoring the formlists - which you probably won't be able to do usign simple Revert() if you have another Automatron mod that also added things into them).

In short, there are great many things that you need to figure out by yourself, because there is no documentation covering how the Automatron robot workbench works.
It is a horrible super convoluted and overcomplicated mess - once you get a glimpse, you will think to yourself "oooh yeah, this had to be designed by the Bethesda as we know it, no mistake there".

From all the things i did, making the Servitron was the most annoying, most frustrating, most time-consuming, and in the end also most disapointing modding/dev experience of my life, i am NOT exagerating.

Good thing is that by now there are other Automatron mods that you can dissect to learn how it works - so i suggest to start there.
Find those mods, read whatever their author wrote about them, then download the mods and start digging in them to see how is this stuff glued together.

23 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Making the workbench work with humans is possible, but it requires some changes to the human race, adding some robot keyword to it and some other things i can't remember right now - in general, these changes will have some unwanted side-effect, so trying this isn't probably the best idea.
Better to make a new robot race that you base on the human race, which is how i made the Servitron.

In general, to attach various robot parts, the game relies on BSConnectPoint nodes inside the NIF files.
The parent NIF needs to have BSConnectPoint::Parent which lists the connection points (names and positions) available on this NIF - you can think of it as named "slots" where you attach things.
Then the parts you want to attach must have BSConnectPoint::Children where you specify the named parent slot where it gets attached.
That is only one part of the system, then you need to fire up CK and immerse yourself in a true nightmare.

You will need to create some "attach point" keywords that are used by the game to tell what goes where.
You need to create OMODs that reference these NIFs, and then you need to put those OMODs into various formlists which are used by the workbench to know what mods to show in which category.
It is a mess that isn't explained anywhere, so figuring it out by trial and error is immense pain in the ass, because when stuff doesn't work, you dont know if you made a mistake in one ofthe many formlists, maybe you forgot to add something to certain formlist, or maybe you added it into the wrong formlist, or maybe you made some mistake in the OMOD, or in the NIF file for the part, or in the NIF file of the parent, or in the skeleton, or in the race settings, or in one of the related "attach point" keywords, or MAYBE it is just a vanilla game bug...
Then you finally make things work, but you start having "random" crashes, and you spent a week trying figuring out what is going on.
Then you dive into compatibility issues... the formlists must be sorted in certain way - an item in one formlist must be often at the same index as another related item in other formlist and if it gets out of sync, the robot workbench breaks in all sorts of ways.
So you cannot edit these formlists directly in CK, because any other mod that does the same will break your mod (depending on the load order), so you need to make compatibility patches (which is NOT fun with these fromlists), or create some scripted solution to inject stuff into the formlists and then to remove it (you cannot uninstall the mod without restoring the formlists - which you probably won't be able to do usign simple Revert() if you have another Automatron mod that also added things into them).

In short, there are great many things that you need to figure out by yourself, because there is no documentation covering how the Automatron robot workbench works.
It is a horrible super convoluted and overcomplicated mess - once you get a glimpse, you will think to yourself "oooh yeah, this had to be designed by the Bethesda as we know it, no mistake there".

From all the things i did, making the Servitron was the most annoying, most frustrating, most time-consuming, and in the end also most disapointing modding/dev experience of my life, i am NOT exagerating.

Good thing is that by now there are other Automatron mods that you can dissect to learn how it works - so i suggest to start there.
Find those mods, read whatever their author wrote about them, then download the mods and start digging in them to see how is this stuff glued together.

more easier is to make it like outfit, just open bodyslide of servitron leg/arm and attach to another outfit

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I dunno if that helps and if you still haven't figured out how laser works, in Automatron DLC there's magic effect called DLC01abAssaultronHeadFX. That effect uses script called AssaultronHeadModScriptCB. If I got it right script checks some shit like if head is crippled if there's ammo if laser is charged etc and then equips weapon AssaultronLaser that does the actual work. Like embedded weapons in older games I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I was backtracking on where the servitron mod came from and finally found this thread. I was thinking about a recent mod posted on nexus that had haydee parts in it. Trying to figure out if it is possible to add haydee to servitron and also some futa option for haydee. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 7/11/2019 at 4:23 PM, tm2dragon said:

Figured I'd share my Jezebel, as it feels on-topic.

Screenshot (19).png

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought "you know, she's being kind of a bitch...I'm gonna mess with her by making her a ridiculous body".

Bright pink, huge butt and boobs, strapped a teddy-bear backpack on her, and didn't bother giving her arms because screw-you you psycho, no arms for you!

what mods did you use to make this?