[idea] Buildable sexbot

56 minutes ago, Necronlord2 said:

Wouldnt this also be a (probably not possible) mouth option? ?

Spoiler

1450096552141.png

I like the style of your technical diagrams ?

Using human head like this comes with a big problem:

When sculpting the mouth to fit the robotic head and neck, you are restricted to only moving vertices/faces.

You cannot delete, nor add anything to the mesh, as that would change the topology and break the morphs which we need for the mouth to animate, to move when speaking, or to open when loading the ammunition.

It is not impossible, it is just very very hard to achieve something that doesn't look bad.

Of course, if you dont mind the mouth being static, then you can do anything you like with the mesh, and get a good enough result relatively easy.

But i do not want to do that. If i am going to make this kind of head, it will be animated, not static.

It will be difficult, so i decided to do it at some point in the future when the main mod is finished and i have very little to do.

btw. there is a human helmet, made from assaultron head, and the face armor automatically opens to the sides when not in combat.

I think it could be used instead of making the hinges or what not.

Now for some colorfull pictures... "A Servitron in Technicolor" :)

servitron wip 2018-06-26 - COLORS

So, that concludes the vanilla materials, in the end it was only aobut 300 material swaps.

Only the Novatron material is missing now, which will be promptly fixed.

Then i will check everything again, do some minor last minute fixes, and it should be ready.

So, probably tomorrow...

36 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Now for some colorfull pictures... "A Servitron in Technicolor" :)

servitron wip 2018-06-26 - COLORS

So, that concludes the vanilla materials, in the end it was only aobut 300 material swaps.

Only the Novatron material is missing now, which will be promptly fixed.

Then i will check everything again, do some minor last minute fixes, and it should be ready.

So, probably tomorrow...

Yay! ?

We have a problem...

If i make the robot "ungendered", it moves like a male.

If i keep it having the male and female genders like human race, it still moves like a male, but you can use the SexChange console command to change that.

So, i need to find out how to make the robot use the female anims without the console command.

I am just about to start looking for a solution, so let's hope it will be simple and easy to find.

EDIT:

btw. this may be related - i also want to restrict some idle animations from being used by the robot (eg. it looks strange when it sits down at a bar and starts drinking)

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

We have a problem...

If i make the robot "ungendered", it moves like a male.

If i keep it having the male and female genders like human race, it still moves like a male, but you can use the SexChange console command to change that.

So, i need to find out how to make the robot use the female anims without the console command.

I am just about to start looking for a solution, so let's hope it will be simple and easy to find.

EDIT:

btw. this may be related - i also want to restrict some idle animations from being used by the robot (eg. it looks strange when it sits down at a bar and starts drinking)

SOLVED.

There is a "female" keyword.

If you add this keyword to a character based on human race (or in this case, based on "servitron race" which is a copy of human race), it will ensure the female animations will be used (aparently this keyword is used in the behavior graph as a condition for using the female anims).

This means, i can even make a Robot Workbench mod, that allows you to pick whether the robot should move like a male or female!

I already tested it, and as my secret invisible friend named Todd would say, IT JUST WORKS!

The "female" keyword helped with the animations, but the game still handles the thing like a male for any other purposes.

So, for example the SetNpcWeight will use the male bonescaling instead of female.

I want it to always use female bonescaling, since the proportions and body shape is female, but i don't know how to overwrite the original bone scaling data - where the hell is that option hidden in CK?

Hmm, maybe i could use xEdit and change all those numbers manualy one by one... crap

EDIT:

It was a simple drag and drop in xEdit, now the male has the same exact bone scaling data as female, but when i was looking at it i didn't see any differentiation between the default vs. fat/muscular/thin.

So, is it possible these data are somewhere else?

The first release is imminent!

I am packaging it right now, then i will quickly try to install the package and quickly test basic functions to see if i didn't missed any files, and then...

...then i will find something that needs to be fixed and i will postpone the release for another month.

(just kidding, no more delays, only few more minutes to make the description page etc.)

Congrats on the inital release! So far everything seems to be working ok. My current play-through I hadn't started the automatron quest so I initialized the holotape before starting and converted Ada to the servitron components. I'll play the quests through to see if it messes anything up with going through the mechanist base.

Fourplay doesn't seem to recognize her though, I used FP SEU and the dialog tree appears, but it's blank except for the leave option. I'm not sure if that's on my end and I need to add any custom race to FP or if that's a bug of some sort.

Also, a more minor detail is missing is the back armor plate for the mkI chest is missing.

34 minutes ago, slurpy_commando said:

Congrats on the inital release! So far everything seems to be working ok. My current play-through I hadn't started the automatron quest so I initialized the holotape before starting and converted Ada to the servitron components. I'll play the quests through to see if it messes anything up with going through the mechanist base.

Fourplay doesn't seem to recognize her though, I used FP SEU and the dialog tree appears, but it's blank except for the leave option. I'm not sure if that's on my end and I need to add any custom race to FP or if that's a bug of some sort.

Also, a more minor detail is missing is the back armor plate for the mkI chest is missing.

I was just wondering about the homing beacon...

The attachment point keyword for it is on the torso, so it should be possible to add the "homing beacon" to the robot, BUT what will happen visualy with the model of the antena?

I may be wrong, but i think it requires some node in the skeleton where it attaches itself - if true, then the antenna mesh may not show, because the node is not there.

So, it is super convenient that you are about to do the Automatron quests.

It will help me a great deal if you report any findings, so THANK YOU.

Fout-Play cannot recognize the Servitron, because it is not using the human race, but a new "ServitronRace".

I do not know how FP works inside, but i suspect it does use some kind of race condition check that allows only humans or mutants (and maybe dogs).

A patch should be relatively easy to do - just find the place where it checks whether given actor is human race, and adjust the condition to include the ServitronRace too.

Plus, there will be probably also some sex check - whether the actor is male, or female - that code too will have to be adjusted for the Servitron, because with Servitron it cannot rely on GetIsSex(), because Servitron is always only male, but has to check for the presence of "female" keyword (if the Servitron has it, then it was set to use the female anims - ie. you proly want it to play the role of a female).

The back armor, yeah...

It's something i keep postponing, because i will have to sculpt it to conform to the shape of the body, but all the existing body parts are already sculpted without taking that into account, so there is actually no space for it (if you compare the zeroed CBBE body with the Servitron torso meshes, you'll see there is no space on the back to fit the armor plate and still be within the volume of the CBBE body shape).

So, i will probably have to redo all torsos again - or maybe not, maybe the back armor can stand off a bit.

We'll see how it goes, but i am not too eager to do do it yet, so i keep picking any other tasks only so i dont need to do this right now ?

35 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

The back armor, yeah...

It's something i keep postponing, because i will have to sculpt it to conform to the shape of the body, but all the existing body parts are already sculpted without taking that into account, so there is actually no space for it (if you compare the zeroed CBBE body with the Servitron torso meshes, you'll see there is no space on the back to fit the armor plate and still be within the volume of the CBBE body shape).

So, i will probably have to redo all torsos again - or maybe not, maybe the back armor can stand off a bit.

We'll see how it goes, but i am not too eager to do do it yet, so i keep picking any other tasks only so i dont need to do this right now ?

If you plan on redoing the torsos, would making the torso armor as separate components help? Sort of like how the vanilla robots work, the non-armored torsos could the "bare" torso options, then have the skinsuit torsos have additional front and rear armor pieces. Then could the armor still be somewhat form fitting, but also not so constrained by the base mesh?

35 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Fout-Play cannot recognize the Servitron, because it is not using the human race, but a new "ServitronRace".

I do not know how FP works inside, but i suspect it does use some kind of race condition check that allows only humans or mutants (and maybe dogs).

A patch should be relatively easy to do - just find the place where it checks whether given actor is human race, and adjust the condition to include the ServitronRace too.

Plus, there will be probably also some sex check - whether the actor is male, or female - that code too will have to be adjusted for the Servitron, because with Servitron it cannot rely on GetIsSex(), because Servitron is always only male, but has to check for the presence of "female" keyword (if the Servitron has it, then it was set to use the female anims - ie. you proly want it to play the role of a female). 

Yeah, that's what I thought, there are ways of patching custom races into FP, I just don't know how exactly. I can edit esp contents, but I don't really know how the script files work or even which one that info would be in. I'm having trouble finding detailed info in the forums.

On 4/1/2017 at 5:48 AM, DocClox said:

Custom Races

Custom races need to be registered from a script. I've made this as easy as I can:

race property my_race auto; ...four_play:Main.register_race(my_race)

This is what I found in the main FP thread, not sure how to implement though. Just make a pex file with this info and drop into scripts folder?

1 hour ago, slurpy_commando said:

If you plan on redoing the torsos, would making the torso armor as separate components help? Sort of like how the vanilla robots work, the non-armored torsos could the "bare" torso options, then have the skinsuit torsos have additional front and rear armor pieces. Then could the armor still be somewhat form fitting, but also not so constrained by the base mesh?

It doesn't matter, the front armor can be separated from the torso even now - so it doesn't make anything easier, nor more difficult.

The reason it is as it is, is a simple mistake i forgot about.

The original intention was (and still is) to have the armors as separate parts, same as vanilla (at least for the "original" assaultron meshes we are talking about - anything custom made might require different approach).

But yeah, i'll see what works, what you propose might be doable, but we will see - it may be required to redo the torso+both armors from scratch to keep some acceptable level of "craftsmanship" :)

Yeah, that's what I thought, there are ways of patching custom races into FP, I just don't know how exactly. I can edit esp contents, but I don't really know how the script files work or even which one that info would be in. I'm having trouble finding detailed info in the forums.

I would make a patch for FP, but can't you ask someone else to do it? because i am still a bit busy with the Servitron, which is something only i can do, while the patch for FP can be done by anyone.

This is what I found in the main FP thread, not sure how to implement though. Just make a pex file with this info and drop into scripts folder?

You somehow need to call the following function:

four_play:Main.register_race(ServitronRace)

...where "ServitronRace" is a race property/variable pointing to the new ServitronRace.
But i doubt it would be enough - there is still the matter of sex (the fact that internally the game sees all Servitrons as "male"), so anything related to sex needs to be handled a bit differently for Servitrons.

It will take me some time before i get to it - fixing and improving the Servitron is my highest prio at the moment.

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

I would make a patch for FP, but can't you ask someone else to do it? because i am still a bit busy with the Servitron, which is something only i can do, while the patch for FP can be done by anyone. 

It's no big deal, I can manage until someone patches it, or if I can figure it out on my own. I may make a new thread on it some time later on.

Also, the MSAT/Radio beacon device attaches to the root node of the torso, sticking out of the left side. It looks a little funky, but it can be removed later on in the game anyway. However, something I did notice is that you can't install other torso mods, like for hacking and lockpicking.

1 hour ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

Question, would it be possible to do something like this for the elbows, shoulders, and knees later on? It might be a good way to hide the distortions caused by the robot being mapped to the human skeleton (yes, that is a protectron's elbow joint).

1966939627_protectronelbow.jpg.500fd0f536b660825d0738845c63ea78.jpg

Yep, i am looking into this, although my favourite thing to try first was the Robobrain shoulder joint.

Anyway, yes, something like this might help.

It's no big deal, I can manage until someone patches it, or if I can figure it out on my own. I may make a new thread on it some time later on.

Also, the MSAT/Radio beacon device attaches to the root node of the torso, sticking out of the left side. It looks a little funky, but it can be removed later on in the game anyway. However, something I did notice is that you can't install other torso mods, like for hacking and lockpicking.

I'll see if i can somehow fix the awkwardness of the homing beacon, thanks for the info.

Right, i completely forgot about those hacking mods and whatnot.

It should be simple matter fo adding the required attach point keywords to make those hackings and other mods available.

Will add that in the next update (unless there would be some problem).

1 hour ago, mantaman said:
  Reveal hidden contents

9daf1f347fa9497e59baeedbd6b91d58.jpg

The textures are a bit low rez, but I think thats just a problem on my side, but yeah, dude, you've laid down an amazing framework 

These are the default vanilla textures, i did not touch those.

Try building a regular Assaultron, apply the same Automatron paint, and see how it looks and what is the difference (there should be none, except for the body/part shape).