OLD - Sexout Pregnancy- Locked Thread (Do Not Use)

Okay ... first off, flippin' total awesome-ness going on here - thank you sooo much.

But, okay, I give ... how do I name my child - I've had my first child in FNV, I'm very excited! But - she doesn't have a name ... I tried setactorfullname - via console - but that didn't seem to do the trick.

Thing is, I'm sure this question has been asked a dozen, if not a dozen and one times, but a perusal of this thread and use of the lovers search engine did not reveal any topic with my specified search parameters - maybe my parameters were wrong?

Well, please - tell me if you know something I don't about naming my new child.

Thanks again!

Okay ... first off' date=' flippin' total awesome-ness going on here - thank you sooo much.

But, okay, I give ... how do I name my child - I've had my first child in FNV, I'm very excited! But - she doesn't have a name ... I tried setactorfullname - via console - but that didn't seem to do the trick.

Thing is, I'm sure this question has been asked a dozen, if not a dozen and one times, but a perusal of this thread and use of the lovers search engine did not reveal any topic with my specified search parameters - maybe my parameters were wrong?

Thanks again!

[/color']

Unfortunately, offspring have no reference id and the only way to give them individual names is if they had a reference id. It is possible to name a child, but because there is no reference id that would set each individual child apart, all instances of that particular child would share that name. For example, if you had a Caucasian female offspring and gave it the name of Susan, then every Caucasian female offspring in the game would be named Susan. I have been trying to figure out a way around this and apart from creating multiple offspring with different names and using a variable NPC list, there is no way that I can think of that this can be done.

An observation I noticed about the NPCs that are stuck in the birthing animation (and still walking around). If they greet another NPC they snap back to their proper walking idle. Also I think you may want to force an NPC giving birth to run a package that tells them essentially to move to their current location to keep them from walking around while giving birth in the first place.

Anyway, when they greet another NPC they're playing a different idle. So I think maybe the solution to them not fixing their animation, is to play another idle animation after the birthing one is suppose to finish. WHich should just be as simpel as a npc.playidle anylooseanimation

I would believe that. Ragdoll should be added at the end of birth. I know he didn't want to do it originally, but it sorta makes sense + it solves a problem now.

I think just a npcname.pushactoraway npcname will fix this problem once and for all.

I would believe that. Ragdoll should be added at the end of birth. I know he didn't want to do it originally' date=' but it sorta makes sense + it solves a problem now.

I think just a npcname.pushactoraway npcname will fix this problem once and for all.[/quote']

Will give those ideas a go :)

Okay ... first off' date=' flippin' total awesome-ness going on here - thank you sooo much.

Thanks again!

[/color']

Unfortunately, offspring have no reference id and the only way to give them individual names is if they had a reference id. It is possible to name a child, but because there is no reference id that would set each individual child apart, all instances of that particular child would share that name. For example, if you had a Caucasian female offspring and gave it the name of Susan, then every Caucasian female offspring in the game would be named Susan. I have been trying to figure out a way around this and apart from creating multiple offspring with different names and using a variable NPC list, there is no way that I can think of that this can be done.

Well that's a bummer, but I feel a little better that at least it wasn't operator error .

Thanks for replying so quick!!! :)

just a quick question is there a way to get companions to take any of the drugs? or is that player only?

If you give them the drugs they will take them. At least they always do for me. 'course I use the "additem" command in console to add the drugs to their inventory.

just a quick question is there a way to get companions to take any of the drugs? or is that player only?

If you give them the drugs they will take them. At least they always do for me. 'course I use the "additem" command in console to add the drugs to their inventory.

They should take them if they aren't under the effects of that drug at the time' date=' so if you give them BunX they will take one automatically, then only take another when the first has worn off. They see the Pills as different to the Needles i think, so may use both at once.

New Update 20130125.1beta:

Added MCM slider for birthing speed and added pause to end of birthing animations.

They should take them if they aren't under the effects of that drug at the time' date=' so if you give them BunX they will take one automatically, then only take another when the first has worn off. They see the Pills as different to the Needles i think, so may use both at once.

New Update 20130125.1beta:

Added MCM slider for birthing speed and added pause to end of birthing animations.

doesn't appear to be working then for me gave one bunaway and bunx and she has taken neither one

Is that just me or are the offsprings not really any more durable than a normal villager? Or that AK and AR15 mod is way too strong though...

If so that screws my RP plans of going on patrol with them... :(

They are normal villagers, just because you're a Game Glorified Courier doesn't mean you'r going to Father or Birth Super Human OffSpring, dumping them at GoodSprings schoolhouse every morning doesn't teach them anything useful for post nuke survival, did you actually spend any time training your kids in fitness & combat skills? :)

I have been considering setting the Adults to be tougher, ideally I'd like to use the percentage of Player level function with a slider, don't know if that's possible, otherwise I'll just set them to 50%.

They are coded to increase in Unarmed, Melee & Handgun skills as they mature assuming that actually works on NPC's.

Well at least that explains why my caucasian girl fell over dead after she got scratched by 5.45x39mm bullet from a fiend... so Lightweight Leather Armor wasn't any good and I doubt she would have actually lasted much longer in Power Armor.

They also don't have to be as tough as me or one of the regular companions, but it would be nice if you wouldn't have to handle them like raw eggs at the sight of the first raider or creature that isn't a Radroach unless they are wearing power armor and wielding a minigun ;)

That's just SetActorFullName attached to a gun. You can already do that with the console, and it won't screw up the player's name in the PipBoy. It still won't solve the problem, which is that all the offspring of the same race and gender will share the same name.

Would a token of some sort work for names without having ten thousand Jenny's? Just a thought.

On the subject of tokens, how convoluted would it be to add an MCM toggle for fertility and pregnancy token visibility? I like a neat inventory screen, and having half of my female characters inventory be tokens is annoying. No big thing, I'm probably in the minority, just curious.

Would a token of some sort work for names without having ten thousand Jenny's? Just a thought.

On the subject of tokens' date=' how convoluted would it be to add an MCM toggle for fertility and pregnancy token visibility? I like a neat inventory screen, and having half of my female characters inventory be tokens is annoying. No big thing, I'm probably in the minority, just curious.[/quote']

I have created invisible tokens in Pregnancy, I'm just waiting a little longer for everything to be stable before I gradually swap them over. Just got to be careful about it, leaving the old tokens there for a while too so saved games aren't screwed.

In the next SCR release I've changed all the humans and a lot of the creatures to the following to see how it goes.

Children, Young & Aggressive OffSpring - 20% of Player level capped at Level 6, they'r kids, they aren't supposed to be smart & tough :)

Most young were previously Level 0 other than some of the tougher creatures.

Adult Humans & Creatures - 50% of Player Level capped at Level 20. Old enough to have sex, old enough to know how to survive & have some toughness.

I'll bump some of them like dogs down to 30% maybe Coyotes 40%, some like Deathclaws I'll increase to 70%. I'll add them to the spreadsheet I'm doing with all the Pregnancy & Offspring data.

We'll see how that goes, I just got to play with the Cum Visuals a bit and sort that out for release hopefully tommorrow.

Okay borked my saves somehow so I was making a new character again with all the latest versions of stuff. I noticed after character creation that my female character did not have any pregnancy tokens in her inventory, and I think that's because the check is run before you choose the sex of your character and thus comes back as null maybe? however if I saved and then reloaded the game it would add the tokens. I'm not sure but if you'd be able to have it run a gender check on the character maybe after doc gives you the pipboy it would save that step. Not a major hassle at all but something to mention.