The Manipulator

Guest ffabris

I don't have anything planned, no. There was a question about the Protected flag, but I'm waiting for a reply... I don't really see the need., but I might be convinced otherwise. ;)

Course, "nothing planned" can change at any time ... ideas come when you least expect them to.

Guest ffabris

My understanding of "protected" is that they cannot be killed except by the player. See here for example:

"Protected" is a similar state, but it allows the player and only the player to kill the actor.

If you want them killable, then use neither protected nor essential.

My understanding of "protected" is that they cannot be killed except by the player. See here for example:

"Protected" is a similar state, but it allows the player and only the player to kill the actor.

that's exactly right, which is why i want a way to turn off their protected status. 

pretty please? :)

I don't have anything planned, no. There was a question about the Protected flag, but I'm waiting for a reply... I don't really see the need., but I might be convinced otherwise. ;)

Course, "nothing planned" can change at any time ... ideas come when you least expect them to.

'We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong' - The Goons.

Guest ffabris

that's exactly right, which is why i want a way to turn off their protected status. 

Oh. Ugh. OK, when I can. Likely not today though.

Exactly! :D

Oh. Ugh. OK, when I can. Likely not today though.

Exactly! :D

no hurry. You're my favorite! (Don't tell the other mod developers ;) )
Guest ffabris

6.3 is up ...

• New: You can now toggle an NPC's Protected flag in the People panel. Enabling this will disable Essential (if set), and vice versa, since it makes no sense for both to be enabled. In order to fit the extra option, I removed the NPC race, and put the RefID in the section header.

<p>

6.3 is up ...

• New: You can now toggle an NPC's Protected flag in the People panel. Enabling this will disable Essential (if set), and vice versa, since it makes no sense for both to be enabled. In order to fit the extra option, I removed the NPC race, and put the RefID in the section header.
you're the best!

regarding persistent npcs ...

Both Immersive Citizens and Persist Damn It make Sigurd persistent and then reference him in a script placing him in Belethor's shop. I'm clueless about that sort of thing so before I try installing your persistence fix I was wondering. Will this conflict be meaningless, will it give me two Sigurds, will it make the game crash, or will it burn down my house?

Guest ffabris

regarding persistent npcs ...

Both Immersive Citizens and Persist Damn It make Sigurd persistent and then reference him in a script placing him in Belethor's shop. I'm clueless about that sort of thing so before I try installing your persistence fix I was wondering. Will this conflict be meaningless, will it give me two Sigurds, will it make the game crash, or will it burn down my house?

LOL!  There should be no issues. "Persistant" is just a flag.

That said, if you don't need to save data for any of the NPCs touched by "Persist Damn It", then you don't need it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of trying something, and posting here in case someone has thoughts, ideas or suggestions on how to get better information on making the idea work.

We're not supposed to use base refs or placeatme with named, unique NPCs because it screws things up and essentially makes a non-quest-working clone of the NPC.

Why not do that on purpose with an NPC you want to leave in place, and then sent the clone to the harem? Also would mean you are not depopulating a town of its quest needed NPCs.

Guest ffabris

Interesting idea. I don't know whether that would work or not. It would need to be tested to be sure, I think. And who better to test it, than the one who suggested it! :D

I am thinking of trying something, and posting here in case someone has thoughts, ideas or suggestions on how to get better information on making the idea work.

We're not supposed to use base refs or placeatme with named, unique NPCs because it screws things up and essentially makes a non-quest-working clone of the NPC.

Why not do that on purpose with an NPC you want to leave in place, and then sent the clone to the harem? Also would mean you are not depopulating a town of its quest needed NPCs.

Interesting idea. I don't know whether that would work or not. It would need to be tested to be sure, I think. And who better to test it, than the one who suggested it! :D

So, initial report...

You have to use "player.placeatme" or you get extra clones spawned where they would normally be. I found 2 extra Ysoldas walking around the market when I exited the Bannered Mare, wondering why she wasn't showing up.

Idea looks good with a few "game breaking" caveats.

Adding someone to the harem sets all copies to level 4 Lover rank. May be useful for stealing houses bare. If you turn in a quest to the original and the game SETS (and not increases rank) your harem copy will also set back to friend.

Using Brute Force Strip also affects all clones and copies (and auto strip on add did not seem to work, but that might be separate).

Changing the outfit of a base or clone affects the other.

Overlays and slavetats only affect the individual though it looks like slavetats do not save on clones. Racemenu overlays do.

Guest ffabris

Karl: Hum, yes, some stuff operates on the base actor, not the ref, so would affect all copies. Still, it has potential for fun, I think. ;)

Grey: Nice rhyme! :)

ffabris,

A question I've been meaning to ask for a while: what is an 'Exhibitionist'?

Someone tagged as an exhibitionist gets turned on by being seen naked by others. This is a SexLab Aroused (Redux) setting. So if they are naked, their arousal grows faster.

Thanks Vachnic.

I was hoping it was something a bit more exciting. :(