I don't have the MCM menu.

​I have installed and checked all the required mods (these all have MCM menu's)

​Any suggestions?

Right, after a lot of digging and playing around I've found the reason why Slaves of Tamriel's MCM will not show up.

​If I have Devious Devices - Intregration installed, v2.9.2 or v3.0 BETA 1, the SoT MCM menu is not there.  Without this mod, the MCM shows up.

​Obviously SoT requires Devious Devices - Assets but for whatever reason, DDi causes the MCM to be hidden for me.

​I have tried clean installs, different mod sort orders, nothing works except not installing DDi.

​The funny thing is, if you use Simple Slavery you can still get to Slaves of Tamriel and it all works ok, just with no MCM to configure anything which is highly annoying.

​If anyone could suggest a fix it would be much appreciated.

​thanks

Right, after a lot of digging and playing around I've found the reason why Slaves of Tamriel's MCM will not show up.

​If I have Devious Devices - Intregration installed, v2.9.2 or v3.0 BETA 1, the SoT MCM menu is not there.  Without this mod, the MCM shows up.

​Obviously SoT requires Devious Devices - Assets but for whatever reason, DDi causes the MCM to be hidden for me.

​I have tried clean installs, different mod sort orders, nothing works except not installing DDi.

​The funny thing is, if you use Simple Slavery you can still get to Slaves of Tamriel and it all works ok, just with no MCM to configure anything which is highly annoying.

​thanks

Thanks for the observation, now I have at least a clue in which direction I have to look.

I still think the error is somewhere in my mcm config script, but this might help to spot it...

The only solution until now is to start a new game I think.

Edit: you could still try the command "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1" for me this always works but apparently not for everyone.

Edit2: I just tried loading the game with this mod installed then saving it and then load this save.  After that the mcm did show up too, maybe try that if the command does not work...

​thanks

Thanks for the observation, now I have at least a clue in which direction I have to look.

I still think the error is somewhere in my mcm config script, but this might help to spot it...

Edit: you could still try the command "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1" for me this always works but apparently not for everyone.

Edit2: I just tried loading the game with this mod installed then saving it and then load this save.  After that the mcm did show up too, maybe try that if the command does not work...

Just so you know, starting a new game didn't fix the problem unless DDi wasn't installed.

Saving and reloading didn't work for me.

Will try the command you mentioned and see if that works... will get back to your shortly.

Can you do me a favor? if you use modorganizer make a new profile and enable only this mod and its requirements, plus devious devices Integration 3.0 beta1.

My setup for testing looks pretty much like that... It would realy suprise me if this does not work.

I have the same issue with the mcm but only if I load this mod on a save where DDI is already installed and this mod wasn't. But then all the solutions work for me like save/load and the skyui command.

Edit: Ok for me the mcm loads even with DDI installed, I have to wait 15-20 seconds, depending on your pc this can take a bit longer so maybe try waiting 2-3 minutes.

Can you do me a favor? if you use modorganizer make a new profile and enable only this mod and its requirements, plus devious devices Integration 3.0 beta1.

My setup for testing looks pretty much like that... It would realy suprise me if this does not work.

I have the same issue with the mcm but only if I load this mod on a save where DDI is already installed and this mod wasn't. But then all the solutions work for me like save/load and the skyui command.

Edit: Ok for me the mcm loads even with DDI installed, I have to wait 15-20 seconds, depending on your pc this can take a bit longer so maybe try waiting 2-3 minutes.

I tried what you said, didn't work.

I now have a Skyrim installed with only, SoT plus its required mods, nothing else.

​No matter what I do, if I have DDi installed, the SoT mcm does not show.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I cannot get past the guard saying "you're now slave 36 do you understand" once there the mod seems to freeze and nothing else happens. The game continues on, but no one says anything, I'm not prompted for any input and nothing happens.

I now have a Skyrim installed with only, SoT plus its required mods, nothing else.

So I just fired up skyrim using my clean save right at the start of the game.

As I've done many times using the same save, I ran the setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 command for the hell of it really.

IT WORKED!

SoT MCM is showing up... I've changed nothing, done nothing to the install but today it just worked!

Am very confused and a little annoyed because although it is now working, I have no idea why which doesn't help us solve the issue.

Do you have the newest version of skse and skyui installed? And try putting this mod last in the load order.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I cannot get past the guard saying "you're now slave 36 do you understand" once there the mod seems to freeze and nothing else happens. The game continues on, but no one says anything, I'm not prompted for any input and nothing happens.

Just make a save before that and load it. This can happen but should not be a problem that occurs everytime. In fact save every 2-3 minutes because Ai freezes can happen.

So I just fired up skyrim using my clean save right at the start of the game.

As I've done many times using the same save, I ran the setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 command for the hell of it really.

IT WORKED!

SoT MCM is showing up... I've changed nothing, done nothing to the install but today it just worked!

Am very confused and a little annoyed because although it is now working, I have no idea why which doesn't help us solve the issue.

Yes this is Skyrim, random bugs that come and go >.>

These are the things that realy annoy me at skyrim modding. I have no clue why the AI freezes or the mcm problem exist for some people and for others don't.

This makes it realy hard for me to pin these bugs down...

Yes this is Skyrim, random bugs that come and go >.>

These are the things that realy annoy me at skyrim modding. I have no clue why the AI freezes or the mcm problem exist for some people and for others don't.

This makes it realy hard for me to pin these bugs down...

Indeed, I've just got an AI freeze during end of shift inspection, all 6 slaves are kneeling on the floor and the guard has just stopped doing everything, moveto player didn't fix it either. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I got past the "you're #36" with this, you just need to make 3 globals (timerON/OFF, timecounter,stuffEnded) and a quest

;scene start:

GlobalVariable gtimeron= Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0005f192, "Slaves of Tamriel.esp") As GlobalVariable    
    GlobalVariable gtimercount= Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0005f191, "Slaves of Tamriel.esp") As GlobalVariable    

gtimercount.setvalue(0)
    gtimeron.setvalue(1)

^^ goes into the beginning of scene/script that gets stuck, also set the global stuffEnded to 0

----------------------------------------------------------

Then at the end of the stuck script/scene/whatever stuffEnded = 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------

this is for the quest

Scriptname SLTTimerQScript extends Quest  

Event OnInit()
    RegisterForSingleUpdate(1.0)

endevent

Event OnUpdate()

GlobalVariable gtimeron= Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0005f192, "Slaves of Tamriel.esp") As GlobalVariable    
    GlobalVariable gtimercount= Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0005f191, "Slaves of Tamriel.esp") As GlobalVariable    
    int timeron=gtimeron.getvalue() as int
    int timercount=gtimercount.getvalue() as int

if(timeron==1)
        timercount+=1
        gtimercount.setvalue(timercount)
    endif

RegisterForSingleUpdate(1.0)
EndEvent

--------------------------------------------------

conditions for the piece on TOP of the scene

getglobalvalue   SceneEnded >0.9    OR

getglobalvalue   timercounter>70   AND

getglobalvalue   timeron >0.9         AND

also you will need to time a scene when someone reports it as stuck

​thanks

Can you show me to  a Devious Devices download that I can still bring up the menu with? I'm having the same problem and am having trouble finding alternatives to v2.9.2.

Yes I'm still working on this. Sorry it takes so much time but the next update will include a lot of new features and some of them work hand in hand, so I have to finish them all to make a playable release.

For the people who are interested in whats coming...

Already done:

HDT earrings and nipple piercings for all slaves,

random sex events during the nights,

use of the fnis alternate animations system,

new quest which includes some of the slaves transporting gold from the mine to the harbor,

new dialog for the guards,

new dialog for everyone in skyrim, everyone will treat you like a slave as long as you are branded,

a potion you have to apply every 24 hours or so while you are escaped to hide the brandings,

a system where random npcs notice you are an escaped slave and if you dont follow them or do them a favor they will alarm other people around and chase you.

Still beeing worked on:

Opportunities for an escape,

a reentry quest after you have been captured and brought back to the mine.

Apart from this there is a standalone mod coming out soon, for which I have collaborated with one of the talented people on this site. It includes a feature I want to put into this mod later down the line.

Hi, I'm just interesting to know the standalone mod you mentioned. Is it released yet? What is  the name? Also if you wouldn't mind, could you please update the progress of the mod (I mean Slave of Temriael continuation)? Thank you very much for your effort and time.

• 3 weeks later...

So I got stuck after the "36" Scene as well but managed to get it to work again. I hope this will help others solving the problem. English is not my first language but I try to write exactly what I did because it's important to do everything in the correct order.

So the scene starts. Instead of lying on the flor my character is standing, the guard with the helmet standing, the other guard kneeling.

Scene freezes.

Now you have to open the console (the one you can use to use cheats etc) and then click on the guard with the helmet. (Just click on him like you would do with a door to use the "unlock" cheat). Now type "disable" into the console (without the ") and hit enter but don't close the console! Keep it open. Also don't click on anything else! The guard with the helmet will vanish but don't worry! If you kept the console open and did not click on anything else you get him back by typing "enable" into the console.

Now he's back and you can close the console.

Now you have to do the exact same thing with the kneeling guard in exact the same order.

After I did that the scene proceedet and everything else went smooth.

• 1 month later...

Can you upload whatever latest version you've got? I may or may not unfuck the stuck shit in this mod.

Sure but I warn you It is in a rough state of development It might not be playable. I have to admit I totally lost oversight on what I was doing. To build on someone else's work was good for learning but It is hard to find errors in an environment you didn't create yourself. The scripts and packages have become a complete nightmare...

If I remember correctly I was in the middle of making a quest to bring gold from the mine to the solitude harbor and integrated a far too extensive system for how npcs treat the player while enslaved.

You can try to fix the stuck problems but just a heads up, the intro where the most stucks occurred is completely overhauled. By now I might have an idea what is causing the scene stucks for some people. Try to install the separate update of Zap I think some of the animations in the non updated version might be the problem... I Hope you can achieve some progress with it. Good Luck  ;)

Oh, and I might pick it up again sometime in the future, but at the moment I have so much other mod stuff to do I know it won't happen anytime soon.

Feel free to upload the mod yourself if you made any progress with it  :)

PS. look for "Int Property DevMode" in SLTMineQuestScript and set it to zero, otherwise some weird stuff might happen.

Can you upload whatever latest version you've got? I may or may not unfuck the stuck shit in this mod.

Sure but I warn you It is in a rough state of development It might not be playable. I have to admit I totally lost oversight on what I was doing. To build on someone else's work was good for learning but It is hard to find errors in an environment you didn't create yourself. The scripts and packages have become a complete nightmare...

If I remember correctly I was in the middle of making a quest to bring gold from the mine to the solitude harbor and integrated a far too extensive system for how npcs treat the player while enslaved.

You can try to fix the stuck problems but just a heads up, the intro where the most stucks occurred is completely overhauled. By now I might have an idea what is causing the scene stucks for some people. Try to install the separate update of Zap I think some of the animations in the non updated version might be the problem... I Hope you can achieve some progress with it. Good Luck  ;)

Oh, and I might pick it up again sometime in the future, but at the moment I have so much other mod stuff to do I know it won't happen anytime soon.

Feel free to upload the mod yourself if you made any progress with it  :)

attachicon.gifSlaves of Tamriel - Beta 1.2 (DevBuild).rar

PS. look for "Int Property DevMode" in SLTMineQuestScript and set it to zero, otherwise some weird stuff might happen.

This one's very good, I got very far compared to previous one and original SOT :) The guard that takes you to the dungeon won't go through the door in or out so I teleported him with a console.

Then Enter the Cells scene gets stuck on phase 34 which starts, but doesn't end... deleting 34 end condition made the guard go outside, but still everything was stuck. Sometimes he closed the door, opened it and went outside. After deleting close-the-door action in 35, 1 guard went outside, managed to close the door WITH THE ACTION DELETED LOL and the 2nd guard started patrolling and the scene successfully ended.

• 3 weeks later...