Hi, first of all, thank you for continuing doing this mod. 

I just got a problem. I keep getting CTD when playing this mod. Most of CTD happen after my PC being branded. I used the 1kUNP texture and still got CTD, which is weird as I never encounter that when I was playing the original Slave of Tamerial (using Mixture UNP Texture). 

I used Windows 7 64 bit with 8 G memory, Navida Geforce GTX 770

Thank you for your time.

I didnt change anything about the texture packs i downloaded them and just reuploaded them to this thread so i doubt the textures are causing the CTD.

Are the CTD's occuring randomly or are there scenes where you get a CTD everytime ?

My best guess is that some other mod is conflicting but this is realy just a shoot in the dark. I have cleaned the mod with tesvedit before uploading it so it shouldnt conflict with another mod in this way but who knows. But since this seems to be happening only to you it has to do something with your set up.

Sorry i couldnt realy help you with this. :-/

Edit: btw i have the exact same system setup except 12G of memory but i dont know if the 4G less could cause this.

I'd like to try out this mod, but I've run into a problem. After I installed the mod, my game will freeze while starting up, just before the main menu should appear. Does anyone else have this problem?

The most common cause of the game not crashing at startup but the main menu not appearing is the game running out of memory. With lots of mods, you can easily reach the game's normal memory limit. 

Follow the instructions here to increase your game's memory: http://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim_Script_Extender

And you can use this mod to make sure the memory patch is working, and also see how much memory your game is using. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/?

After a crash it's a good idea to check the log to see if you exceeded the current memory limit, in which case that would explain why you crashed. Unless using a lot of script heavy mods though the above memory settings should be sufficient.

Now if your game crashes to desktop before the main menu appears, then the most common cause is a missing master dependency. The second most common culprit tends to be mods in the wrong order, like a dependency loading after a mod that needs it.

Thank you for your reply. I went back and checked to make sure I had all the mod requirements and as far as I know, I do. I went and uninstalled several other mods that I thought might be taking up memory. I've been running SKSE. Went and downloaded the newest version. I'll try the memory blocks log, though I'm completely lost with anything more complicated then plug and play as far as computer programming goes.

The game doesn't really crash to the desktop. The logo appears, the fog effects happen, the music keeps playing, but the menu just never appears.

If you're having trouble figuring the memory blocks log out, refer to this thread on the step forum:

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/4985-memory-blocks-log-by-sheson/

Once you get the memory situation figured out and if you're not having any trouble with crashes while playing that you want to make sure aren't memory related, then remember to turn logging off for normal play as it will have a small impact on fps while logging. If you're running into situations where you're randomly crashing every now and then though it's useful to run the logging to see if it's memory related or something else.

1.1 still gets stuck right after branding, usually in a standing pose instead of lying on the ground in a puddle of water, then gets stuck after being whipped by guard for not having any ores in a crouching pose.

If the difficulty is higher than novice, crop damage scales up so lvl 1 char's hp goes down with 3 hits on legendary. When that happens with SanguineD+/DeathAlt you get enslaved. With only DA enabled, other guards attack the guard that whipped you. Without any of those you get stuck in bleedout animation and crawl like a snail and can't see the dialogue.

1.1 still gets stuck right after branding, usually in a standing pose instead of lying on the ground in a puddle of water, then gets stuck after being whipped by guard for not having any ores in a crouching pose.

If the difficulty is higher than novice, crop damage scales up so lvl 1 char's hp goes down with 3 hits on legendary. When that happens with SanguineD+/DeathAlt you get enslaved. With only DA enabled, other guards attack the guard that whipped you. Without any of those you get stuck in bleedout animation and crawl like a snail and can't see the dialogue.

Just uploaded fixed version. Getting stuck after punishment for not having ores was a bug i created while fixing another one :dodgy: .

Where exactly do you get stuck after branding scene ? what are the last words spoken by the guards ?

Its hard for me to pin these stucks down cause i cant recreate them. For me the intro never gets stuck.

The difficulty scaling is something i dont know anything about i just googled a little bit but couldnt find any good source.

At the moment the Crop has 1 damage which is already pretty low. The optimal fix would be to take the crop out of the scaling completely but i dont know how or if it is even possible.

Thanks for finding these issues.

Just uploaded fixed version. Getting stuck after punishment for not having ores was a bug i created while fixing another one :dodgy: .

Where exactly do you get stuck after branding scene ? what are the last words spoken by the guards ?

Its hard for me to pin these stucks down cause i cant recreate them. For me the intro never gets stuck.

The difficulty scaling is something i dont know anything about i just googled a little bit but couldnt find any good source.

At the moment the Crop has 1 damage which is already pretty low. The optimal fix would be to take the crop out of the scaling completely but i dont know how or if it is even possible.

Thanks for finding these issues.

Right after he says "From now on you're slave 36. Understand?". It happens randomly, probably has to do with PC failing to lie down in the puddle of water and it's standing instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the freeze at that same point. Also not getting an MCM. Hmm...

With freeze you mean the scene does not continue or the game freezes ? I already have started trying to fix the intro scene but i was sick for the last week so i didnt get anything done. But its getting better so i hope i can put out an update in the next 1-2 weeks hopefully fixing the intro stucks.

About the mcm is this happening on a new game or on an existing save?

In any case try the console command  "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1". For me this always works also with other mods.

I dont know if it's a bug of skyui or i have messed something up in the skiconfig script.

I will take a look into it if anyone knows of this bug and if its caused by a faulty skiconfig setup please tell me.

Right after he says I'm slave number 36, everyone just stands there. As the previous person mentioned, I am not laying on the floor when the bucket of water is tossed, so perhaps there is just a simple animation issue. The game is not frozen because I can hit ESC and stuff, but I cannot move and the NPC's don't move either.

This is all on a new game.

I'm getting the freeze at that same point. Also not getting an MCM. Hmm...

With freeze you mean the scene does not continue or the game freezes ? I already have started trying to fix the intro scene but i was sick for the last week so i didnt get anything done. But its getting better so i hope i can put out an update in the next 1-2 weeks hopefully fixing the intro stucks.

About the mcm is this happening on a new game or on an existing save?

In any case try the console command  "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1". For me this always works also with other mods.

I dont know if it's a bug of skyui or i have messed something up in the skiconfig script.

I will take a look into it if anyone knows of this bug and if its caused by a faulty skiconfig setup please tell me.

Hi, I tried the console command "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1". Did not work for me. Other mods are registering but not slave of Tamriel Continuation. 

Also I just finished the 1 daily cycle work except my PC cannot sleep on the ground. When I follow the quest mark and press E, the information indicating Bed Activated, yet my PC still did not lie down on the ground and sleep. It appears that this prevent the next event to trigger as 6:00 am past, which all slaves suppose to be lead out for cavity check did not trigger.

hi just wondering wehere this script is from and  tes 5 edit also thrwos loads of erros on your mod

the script is e RROR: Unable to bind script PF__040065FE to  (8A0065FE) because their base types do not match

8a being your mod

I get the same error in the papyrus log. The script that is causing this is not existent and i believe thats what is causing the error. I think the script is on a package but i dont know which and i have no clue how to find out. I will take a look into it maybe i find the package.

When I check for error in tes 5 edit i only get one what do you mean with loads of errors ? maybe you can post the errors here or send me a pm so i can take a look at it.

Btw how do you know that 8A is my mod? I didnt know that the mods have specific numbers in the papyrus log. 

Did you have any actual problems during gameplay?

Hi, I tried the console command "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1". Did not work for me. Other mods are registering but not slave of Tamriel Continuation. 

Also I just finished the 1 daily cycle work except my PC cannot sleep on the ground. When I follow the quest mark and press E, the information indicating Bed Activated, yet my PC still did not lie down on the ground and sleep. It appears that this prevent the next event to trigger as 6:00 am past, which all slaves suppose to be lead out for cavity check did not trigger.

About the mcm maybe this is already fixed i cant realy test it because "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1" always works for me. Btw how did you start the quest if there is no mcm menu ? Have you tried to start a new game for the mcm to show up ? I have to say im a little bit lost on this problem i will try to fix it and keep an eye open for a solution but at the moment i dont know what is causing this.

I already changed the bed scripts because i added rape events during the night. So this bug probably is already fixed. I never had this happen but you can try to load a save before sleeping is your quest objective.

hi just wondering wehere this script is from and  tes 5 edit also thrwos loads of erros on your mod

the script is e RROR: Unable to bind script PF__040065FE to  (8A0065FE) because their base types do not match

8a being your mod

I get the same error in the papyrus log. The script that is causing this is not existent and i believe thats what is causing the error. I think the script is on a package but i dont know which and i have no clue how to find out. I will take a look into it maybe i find the package.

When I check for error in tes 5 edit i only get one what do you mean with loads of errors ? maybe you can post the errors here or send me a pm so i can take a look at it.

Btw how do you know that 8A is my mod? I didnt know that the mods have specific numbers in the papyrus log. 

About the mcm maybe this is already fixed i cant realy test it because "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1" always works for me. Btw how did you start the quest if there is no mcm menu ? Have you tried to start a new game for the mcm to show up ? I have to say im a little bit lost on this problem i will try to fix it and keep an eye open for a solution but at the moment i dont know what is causing this.

I already changed the bed scripts because i added rape events during the night. So this bug probably is already fixed. I never had this happen but you can try to load a save before sleeping is your quest objective.

I started the quest through simple slavery. I will try the mod again and load save before sleeping quest  and see how is going. I deactivated SDPlus and open a new game, now I can see Slave of Tamerial continuation in MCM Menu. However the constant CTD problem still persisted. 

8a being your mod

Right after he says I'm slave number 36, everyone just stands there. As the previous person mentioned, I am not laying on the floor when the bucket of water is tossed, so perhaps there is just a simple animation issue. The game is not frozen because I can hit ESC and stuff, but I cannot move and the NPC's don't move either.

This is all on a new game.

me too!! :-/

you can change whip damage to 0 and then make a OnHit event which does something like player.damageav("health",1) if the weapon is a whip

• 1 month later...

Yes I'm still working on this. Sorry it takes so much time but the next update will include a lot of new features and some of them work hand in hand, so I have to finish them all to make a playable release.

For the people who are interested in whats coming...

Already done:

HDT earrings and nipple piercings for all slaves,

random sex events during the nights,

use of the fnis alternate animations system,

new quest which includes some of the slaves transporting gold from the mine to the harbor,

new dialog for the guards,

new dialog for everyone in skyrim, everyone will treat you like a slave as long as you are branded,

a potion you have to apply every 24 hours or so while you are escaped to hide the brandings,

a system where random npcs notice you are an escaped slave and if you dont follow them or do them a favor they will alarm other people around and chase you.

Still beeing worked on:

Opportunities for an escape,

a reentry quest after you have been captured and brought back to the mine.

Apart from this there is a standalone mod coming out soon, for which I have collaborated with one of the talented people on this site. It includes a feature I want to put into this mod later down the line.