Vampiric Thirst by Miss Leeches

a superb mod! Thanks for that...

But i've got a problem:

I played some time with it, have all powers i'm able to achieve until now as a junior (btw. when will Magic - Sarx Sorcery be available?) but since about 2 or 3 playing hours i'm not able to use v to feed and b to see how far my bloodpool is filled. Any idea what's causing that? I haven't installed any other mod shortly before it happened.

And another question: Normally the rite for becoming a werewolf breaks vampirism, but not with this mod, after another few hours of playing my char is now a vampire-werewolf.

this mod (as far as i currently know) does not play well with any mod that changes anything vanilla for vampires and werewolves...

because each of them is trying to use the same stuff (or override it) at the same time and then you get a smoldering pile of game fail... unfortunately.

this however has some excellent stuff, hopefully i can convince ms. leeches to put it all into sexrim :D

probably only the assets though :P

lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't really know how the Nord was fixed. I just know that it didn't work with my vanilla vampire converted but worked when I contracted vampirism with the mod already active.

Oh you mean you ran the converter without the main VT esp active? Because that could be the reason. The hotkey manager is included in the "VampirePoisonResist" ability. Skyrim doesn't update constant abilities automatically they need to be removed and added again which is what the converter does too but you have to have both mslVampiricThirst and the converter active at the time.

Or you can use the console to switch back to your mortal race ("player.setrace nordrace") and then again to the vampire version "player.setrace nordracevampire" and it should update all the constant abilities!

ss="ipsBlockquote">

The custom race (Nidia) actually does have both vampire and human forms, but even without your mod its vampire form is broken so I'll try to set it as a vampire next as y
ou suggested.

Ooopsie! I must have misread something! I never used that race could you tell me how exactly it's broken?

I'm not sure why this is, but when that race becomes a vampire it is not able to feed on anyone while they are asleep. I'm thinking that means it is only a vampire in name, and could be the reason why it does not work with Vampiric Thirst. I don't really mind giving up that race, but I definitely prefer its appearance.

Ohhhh... I think it's either lack of the "VampireFeed" perk on your character or lack of the "Vampire" keyword on the vampire "race". Could you give me a linky to that race? I'll see what's wrong

Absolutely love this mod, makes Skyrim vampirism engaging and meaningful.

Are there any plans for adding in fangs down the line? Minor thing for most players I bet, but it does add a little much needed charm in my opinion.

Thank you! And yah that's something I'd love too! but I'm not a modeller I'd need someone else to make the fangs (and maybe better animations and visible claws too! ^^)

There is a mod that add's fangs to female vampire not sure if its totally up to date but its on the nexus I think the creator is loshirai.

Okay I have to ask because so far I have had no luck. Has anyone found a racial blood type that doesn't result in a 1hr penalty for drinking it? I only ask because so far everything I have tried taking blood from has resulted in so form of penatly for feeding on it. Also what sort of tips does anyone have for lessing the sun damage because so far I hate having to spend half the time waiting for sun down just so I can travel and do quests again, I've tried staying sated on blood but it always runs out before I can travel to far and I have to hide some place to hide again and wait for the sun to go down.

ya dono, that's pretty much the reason i stopped using this mod very quickly, a penatly for like every race... that's worse than vanilla vampires. At least with vanilla i knew what my limitations were, with this mod i realized i fed on a breton in town so oh look, i do no damage with my sword...

Would be a great mod if not for that feature. I'm using Brehan's better vampires now, superior mod imo

• 1 month later...

Since ms leeches is currently distracted by swtor, I thought I would try to edit the mod myself to allow playing the later age stages after more time as a vampire. Unfortunately, since I have zero modding experience, I haven't been able to figure out how, even after looking through several tutorials on the creation kit.  Anyone know how to do this, or able to explain it to me?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

how about some weakness to garlic and also health draining when trespassing  and also near the altar and you cant feed on people with garlic in their inventory and some ability to disguise as a mortal and some heart to feed compatible with heartbreaker mod i really miss that features in belua sanguinare since the mods is going to take month or year to update since they were looking for another scripter since the old scripter got his house burned

• 1 month later...

This seems very interesting. I might change from Better Vampires to this mod when the remaining vampire levels can be attained

Not being able to attain or use things in games is just something that has always bothered me. Like that one final boss in fighting games which can't be used by human players, or only being able to reach level 40 when certain powerful enemies can go all the way up to 60

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

in front sorry for my bad english, try my best :). I am a really beginner with both (mod's and englisch) so i have a question.

Can i Start the script to change settings be right after the install or first become a Vampire that it works?

Work this mod with oder's? (Sexlab Basis like comfort, Hookers, Romance, Working Girls and so)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

in front sorry for my bad english, try my best :). I am a really beginner with both (mod's and englisch) so i have a question.

Can i Start the script to change settings be right after the install or first become a Vampire that it works?

Work this mod with oder's? (Sexlab Basis like comfort, Hookers, Romance, Working Girls and so)

If you are already a vampire and installing the mod, Yes you can use the Ms. Leeches Bat file when you load up an already existing character who is a vampire.

If you are starting a new game you do not need to do anything just go and get infected by a vampire.

As far as compatibility goes, VT should be fine with the Sex Lab Mods the only real places you are going to run into compatibility issues is with other Vampire mods.

I hope that help and have fun :D

• 3 weeks later...

IT LIVES! ^^

Kinda! In the sense that I was supposed to play the game for fun but I can't stay away from tinkering with VT so instead of playing like I wanted I'm modding again. Silly Leeches you addict!

Buuuuut I don't think I can ever make all the huge ambitious plans I had happen sooo I think I'll be developing it with a more realistic perspective now ^^ I may add more powers or small features or change things, but I'm not planning quests and things like that anymore. For now I will only focus on finishing version 2.5 and then polish it. While I was taking a break from skyrim I came up with lots of solutions for bugs and performance issues the mod has so implementing them is what I want to do now.

After it's done I have some ideas how to merge some VT features (like seduction) with similar things in SexLab mods and make feeding available while making love so I think I will do that.

My checklist for the esp I'm working on right now looks like this:

Fix feed token detection cloak brawl bug - DONE

Add option to disable turning animations (faint) - DONE
Disable turning animations inside castle volkihar - DONE
Make player ashes after death nonburny in sunlight - DONE
Make player nonburny while swimming - DONE
Put condition in main update that prevents the update from doing anything unless playeisvampire > 0 - DONE
Make cure function set playerisvampire to 0 at the start - DONE
Make it so PlayerVampireQuestScript imports Game, Utility and Debug functions - DONE
Rewrite PlayerVampireQuestScript so it doesn't call those scrips all the time  - DONE
Disable race and gender quality - NOT DONE
Make individual quality (use AV "Infamy") and make it optional - NOT DONE
Make individual quality give a buff (spell cast by victim and targeted on player, specific magic effects depend on caster's stats) - NOT DONE
Make a list of effects - IN PROGRESS
Make it so after getting buff from favourite person blood from anyone who's less favoured is only worth half blood for the duration - NOT DONE
Remove random factor from seduction so delay isn't needed anymore - NOT DONE
Remove buggy retry delay from seduction - NOT DONE
Add seduced NPCs to lasting relationships formlist - NOT DONE
Make the update function only update vampiric abilities if playerisvampire > 0 - NOT DONE
Include MCM confuguration - NOT DONE
Add framework for sustained feeding - NOT DONE

"Sustained feeding" is the thingy I was working on way long ago and for which mastercchris made some amazing animations for me and I want to implement it buuuut that depends if I can get the animations working. I need to figure out how to disable actor collisions with a script so they won't bump each other out of the way while feeding and I need to create an animation library thingy for FNIS that contains all the animations different people made for me.

Tiny status update: I finished lots of things from my checklist yesterday and added some new things to do. I think I'll finish the rest of the small thingies today and finally start setting up MCM menu (I'm so scared of it I just keep adding more work for myself to delay it xD)

My checklist looks like this right now:

Put condition in main update that prevents the update from doing anything unless playeisvampire > 0 - DONE
Make it so PlayerVampireQuestScript imports Game, Utility and Debug functions - DONE
Rewrite PlayerVampireQuestScript so it doesn't call those scrips all the time  - DONE
Disable race and gender quality - DONE
Make individual quality (use AV "Infamy") and make it optional - DONE
Make individual quality give a buff (spell cast by victim and targeted on player, specific magic effects depend on caster's stats) - DONE
Make a list of effects - DONE
Create all effects - DONE
Make it so after getting buff from favourite person blood from anyone who's less favoured is only worth half blood for the duration - DONE
Remove random factor from seduction so delay isn't needed anymore - NOT DONE
Remove buggy retry delay from seduction - NOT DONE
Add seduced NPCs to lasting relationships formlist - NOT DONE
Make the update function only update vampiric abilities if playerisvampire > 0 - DONE
Add framework for sustained feeding - NOT DONE
Make "blood sense" detect the new blood preference system - DONE
Think how to fix disappearing NPC vampire abilities - DONE
First find a huuuuuuge fish and then... - DONE
Think again - DONE
Move NPC vampire abilities to VampireSightSP and give their magiceffects random chance to disappear for nonboss vampires - NOT DONE

And now that it's done I think I'll explain what I changed about blood quality:

I changed it so it's no longer based on race and sex across all npcs. Now player develops preference for specific characters. Drinking from one person regularly increases player's preference for that person's blood depending how much blood you take. According to the formula right now drinking 50% of someone's blood will increase preference by 2.5% As the preference increases the blood becomes more nourishing (by the percentage). The quality doesn't have an upper limit right now sooo if you're really determined to feed exclusively on one person you can do that and over time you can potentially fill up your whole blood pool with a single sip from that person (like over very long time because feeding still hurts the person and she or he needs time to recover so you can't really cheat the system). If your preference for a particular person is high enough (default 30%) feeding from that person will...

Oksies so i called it "addiction" and this is basically a high. While "high" you will receive similar bonuses like the old race and gender buffs (but a little different) + some bonuses to health stamina and magicka if that person's corresponding attributes are high enough. BUT for the duration drinking any blood from a less preferred source will only have half the effect.

Doing it this way has many benefits:

• Most importantly, it causes 100% fewer script delays, memory bloating and weird feeding bugs! It removes all while loops, long complicated blocks of code and everything that slows down the scripts, there are no more lags and delays everything happens over nanoseconds.
  • The second benefit is that it solves the problems related to racial preferences that many peopel complained about: some races were so rare it was impossible to develop preference for their blood and if you didn't watch your feeding carefully you'd end up with most races giving you penalties! That wasn't very fun but it's not a problem now: drinking from a person raises your preference for that person only and if it's high enough you will benefit from that person's race, gender and attribute buffs. You can be addicted to many people's blood but you will still get buff from one at a time so it's balanced. You can now actually have a "stable" of different vintages to pick from according to your mood! ^^
  • And the best thing is that now everything is handled by 1 "spell" that selects the effects based directly on the "caster's" (the person you feed from) traits without involving formlists, lots of different spells or any scripting at all. Other than making it easy for game to use it also makes it way easy for me to expand. I can finally add things like qualities based on classes and factions and skills without worrying about anything! I haven't gone wild yet ^^ but now if I or someone has any ideas for "nonstandard" quality conditions I can implement them in a heartbeat

And the other best thing is that now it's totally optional. You can choose to disable blood quality completely, enable blood quality only without addiction or get the full package. You can also set the addiction threshhold if you think the default value is too easy or too difficult to reach

I'm so excited about this change! n_n

I kinda ended up giving myself additional work (i need something to do till saints row 4 comes out xD) so there may be a tiny delay and i think i owe everyone an explanation. The reason is because I decided to change the way dialogue feeding works. I wanted to simply remove random chance and delay at first to get rid of bugs but now i found a way to add a bugless delay and got an even better idea, here's my new plan:

It's not called seduction anymore, need marketing name

It's divided into 3 differnt methods: seduction, reveal, intimidation

*Seduction:

- Speech

- Random (-15 to +15)

- Perks (Allure +15, Persuasion +10, Hypnotic Gaze +10)

- Clothing (rich +20 or poor -20)

- Race (not same -10, orc -15, dunmer female +10)

- Sunlight (-10 sunpenalty, -30 sundamage)

- Relationship rank*5

- Sex (female +15)

- Addiction bonus (gender +25)

vs

+ Speech

+ Random (-15 to +15)

+ Perks (Allure +15, Persuasion +10, Master Of The Mind +30)

+ Clothing (rich +20 or poor -20)

+ Race (dunmer female -10, altmer +15)

+ Relationship (higher relationship to someone other than player +20)

+ Vampirismknown (rank*15)

+ Sex (female +15)

+ Faction (belongs to one of listed factions +20)

+ Mesmerism (seduction -15, entrancement -40)

+ Vampire (is vampire +30)

*Intimidation

- Speech

- Random (-15 to +15)

- Perks (Intimidation +15, Aspect of Terror +15)

- Armour (fur +0, hide +0, leather +5, studded +5, iron +5, imperial light +10, imperial studded +10, forsworn +10,stormcloak +10, iron banded +10, elven +15, scaled +15, steel +15, imperial heavy +15, thieves +20, glass +20, penitus +20, steel plate +20, stormcloak bear +20, dwarven +20, blades +20, falmer +20, dragonscale +25, nightingale +25, dark brotherhoood +25, orcish +25, dragonplate +30, daedric +30)

- Clothing (rich +10 or poor -10)

- Race (orc +15, khajiit +10)

- Health

- Relationship rank*5

- Sex (male +15)

vs

+ Speech

+ Random (-15 to +15)

+ Perks (Intimidation +15, Aspect of Terror +15, Rage +20)

+ Armour (fur +0, hide +0, leather +5, studded +5, iron +5, imperial light +10, imperial studded +10, forsworn +10, stormcloak +10, iron banded +10, elven +15, scaled +15, steel +15, imperial heavy +15, thieves +20, glass +20, penitus +20, steel plate +20, stormcloak bear +20, dwarven +20, blades +20, falmer +20, dragonscale +25, nightingale +25, dark brotherhoood +25, orcish +25, dragonplate +30, daedric +30)

+ Clothing (rich +10 or poor -10)

+ Race (orc +15, khajiit +10)

+ Health

+ Vampirismknown -20

+ Sex (male +15)

+ Faction (belongs to one of listed factions +30)

*Reveal Vampirism

- Speech

- Random (-15 to +15)

- Perks (Allure +15, Persuasion +10, Hypnotic Gaze +10)

- Race (not same -10, orc -15, dunmer female +10)

- Relationship (rank*10)

vs

+ Speech

+ Random (-15 to +15)

+ Perks (Allure +15, Persuasion +10, Master Of The Mind +30)

+ Vampirismknown (-rank*25)

+ Faction (belongs to one of listed factions +40)

If player wins seduction or reveal feeding becomes available permanently and freely on that npc. Intimidation needs to be repeated.

Reveal adds npc to vampirismknown faction at rank +1, if failed adds to vampirismknown faction at rank -1

If player loses the option becomes unavailable until she or he raises speech skill

NPC is added to a FACTION and her or his rank stores stores player's speech skill at the moment of failure

Sounds awesome good luck :P

I can't wait til the next version.

Just pre-ordered my SR4, I played it at e3 and it was awesome :D

Yah I preordered it on steam too I just sooooo can't wait for it to come out I think I'm going to stay up at night so I can start playing it right when it unlocks at midnight! I already spent like hours in the character creator demo thingy and cant wait to see how many more outfits are unlockable in the game!

I just hope I'll manage to get the VT update out before saints row abducts me xD

Ohhh by the by I havent had time to do lots since the last progress update but I did manage to get the new seduction option working and now I just need to do intimidation and reveal. Technicalishly that's just copypasta of the same dialogue structure but I need some ideas for NPC reactions to those two

Sounds awesome good luck :P

I can't wait til the next version.

Just pre-ordered my SR4, I played it at e3 and it was awesome :D

Yah I preordered it on steam too I just sooooo can't wait for it to come out I think I'm going to stay up at night so I can start playing it right when it unlocks at midnight! I already spent like hours in the character creator demo thingy and cant wait to see how many more outfits are unlockable in the game!

I just hope I'll manage to get the VT update out before saints row abducts me xD

Ohhh by the by I havent had time to do lots since the last progress update but I did manage to get the new seduction option working and now I just need to do intimidation and reveal. Technicalishly that's just copypasta of the same dialogue structure but I need some ideas for NPC reactions to those two

:P I wish I could play it after midnight too, I'm pre-loading right now, but I won't get to play it til next week. :dodgy: 

Like I said I can't wait for your next release, no dissing better vampires, but this is the most immersive vamp mod

:b I think there's a tenticle bat of DOOOOM now too

I've also seen a dlc weapon called the Rectifier lol

I fouuuuuuund it! ^^ I found it founditfounditfoundit! <3333

post-34019-0-80778100-1377429751_thumb.jpg

So that's all I was doing yesterdays sorry everyone who waited for VT update!

Nuh just joking ^^ I made lots of progress and yesterday i just had stability and performance fixes left before MCM, thanks to the changes I made vampiric abilities for NPC vampires will finally work like theyre supposed to and the mod won't be leaving any permanent spell effects that dont work on npcs anymore so it will be even safer and less invasive to use. And I looks like I have nothing more to do now so I think I have no choice... I'm coming for you MCM!

Rewrite PlayerVampireQuestScript so it doesn't call those scrips all the time - DONE

Disable race and gender quality - DONE

Make individual quality (use AV "Infamy") and make it optional - DONE

Make individual quality give a buff (spell cast by victim and targeted on player, specific magic effects depend on caster's stats) - DONE

Make a list of effects - DONE

Create all effects - DONE

Make it so after getting buff from favourite person blood from anyone who's less favoured is only worth half blood for the duration - DONE

Make the update function only update vampiric abilities if playerisvampire > 0 - DONE

Make "blood sense" detect the new blood preference system - DONE

Think how to fix disappearing NPC vampire abilities - DONE

First find a huuuuuuge fish and then... - DONE

Think again - DONE

Add formlist for nobitewearaddon - DONE

Make new dialogue feeding quest - DONE

Make new dialogue feeding script - DONE

Make new feeding dialogue options - DONE

Add seduced and revealed NPCs to lasting relationships formlists - DONE

Formlists dont work change them to factions - DONE

Make it so failed persuasion requires player to increase speech before retrying - DONE

Make a faction to store player's speech value at the moment of failure for each npc - DONE

Add reveal option and make it so npc is added to vampirismknown faction at rank 1 if success or rank -1 if faulure - DONE

Make it so NPC reports crime unless friend (vampirismknown 0) or confidant (vampirismknown -1) - DONE

Make it so successfull intimidattion adds npc to lasting intimidation faction and player cant get another speech increase from intimidating that person again - DONE

Add agression confidence and morality to list of persuasion factors - DONE

Add faction relations to reveal factors - DONE

Add framework for sustained feeding - IN PROGRESS

Make it so hositle feeding can't be engaged if player's acivate and fighting controls are disabled - DONE

Make it so entrancement aliases are cleared properly - DONE

Make it so entrancement effect is inside seduction spell and activation depends on entrancement faction - DONE

Move NPC vampire abilities to VampireSightSP and make them available depending on maximum health (vigor) stamina (deadly) and magicka (flesh) - DONE

Remove debug messages from entrancement - DONE

Delete bite token spell - DONE

Delete old seduction quest - NOT DONE

Seriouslyyyyyyy start working on MCM already! - IN PROGRESS