Vampiric Thirst by Miss Leeches

I'm sure the Dawnguard additions to VT are going to be awesome. One thing I'd like to see is turning followers. Perhaps once you have gotten an NPC to the Entrancement stage in the seduction line of powers you could offer to turn them?

I use UFO (Ultimate Follower overhaul) and would love to have a small clan of Childer ready to tear apart my foes.

Just a suggestion :P

Sorry about the double post, but ive been playing this mod some this morning, and as a fledgling it seems like I am doing absolutely nothing but looking for things to feed on. If I spend more than 10 minutes (real time) between victims im hungry again. If I try to rest from dawn to dusk Im already starving when I wake up.

I can't get people to get into bed till after midnight, and by that point ive died of starvation

Is this normal?

The mod seems great but I dont know If I can stand this kind of routine for 9 in game months before I advance in age. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Also, about how many timse do I need to feed before I get my first vampire experience point?

You died of starvation? I don't think it's a part of the mod. While you're starving you just can't use any powers. If you die... this must be some sort of conflict.

And also are you sure you're feeding enough? The "b" hotkey should show you your blood pool. As a fledgling getting from 100% to 0% should take about 2/3 or 3/4 of a day and your blood pool increases as you age so it should take longer and longer.

By by by what is your timescale? Default is 20 so time passes in game a little fast. I use 8 in my game and it's more manageable and I get to enjoy the night a lot longer ^^ Blood deterioration also adjusts to whatever timescale you have so maybe tweaking it a little will help you

You died of starvation? I don't think it's a part of the mod. While you're starving you just can't use any powers. If you die... this must be some sort of conflict.

And also are you sure you're feeding enough? The "b" hotkey should show you your blood pool. As a fledgling getting from 100% to 0% should take about 2/3 or 3/4 of a day and your blood pool increases as you age so it should take longer and longer.

By by by what is your timescale? Default is 20 so time passes in game a little fast. I use 8 in my game and it's more manageable and I get to enjoy the night a lot longer ^^ Blood deterioration also adjusts to whatever timescale you have so maybe tweaking it a little will help you

You know what? Now that I think about it, I never actually died of starvation I guess I assumed that's what would happen. I did die because I got outed for being starved. I guess when I am starving its like being stage 4 vamp in vanilla?

I know my timescale is slower than default, I'm gonna guess somewhere between 10-15. Also, I am only feeding on sleeping people. I tryed using the V key but it wasn't working for me. Not using a custom race, and I have the newest SKSE running (1.5.89)

So I am already ravenous at dusk, but I have to wait till like 1am before people go to bed.

Also I don't mean to complain, this seems like one of the best TES Vampire Mods Ive seen in Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim (I'd rate it better than Vampire Embrace/Hunger!) Just having some trouble getting it all figured out. :)

Awww thank you!

Anyways is only the "v" key not working for you or "b" as well? The hotkeys aren't very responsive (I think the script only checks for keypress like every 0.5 second or so) so sometimes you need to hold them down for a moment before they work.

Awww thank you!

Anyways is only the "v" key not working for you or "b" as well? The hotkeys aren't very responsive (I think the script only checks for keypress like every 0.5 second or so) so sometimes you need to hold them down for a moment before they work.

Ill try b real quick and get back to you

EDIT: B didnt work either. On a hunch I redownload and installed SKSE and that did the trick! :D

Guess I had a bad download or something. Ill play around with the V key feeding and see if I can get by a little easier :)

Well my first idea was an influence war between the expanding Cyrodill vampires and native Volkihar of skyrim but Dawnguard made it a little more complicated.

But I love complicated! ^^ It means the questline will need to be designed with a lot of finesse and subtlety and ohhhh! it will finally give me a chance to do what I always wanted but couldn't in vanilla skyrim:

play fragile political games' date=' be forced to think things through before acting and at least this once also (if I want to) be able to manipulate others to my ends instead of being forced to play the gullible one like always. Ohhhhh I will sooooo do my darnest to make sure that anyone who just wants to run around mindlessly hacking things will be instantly appalled by my mod! ^^

And awwwwwh silly bethesda ._. I so hope someone will create a female version of the lord form soon because other than being ugly it totally looks like a guy ._.

[/quote']

I foresee Trykz of LL doing that for some reason. He appears to be our resident race creator lol.

As for the hack 'n' slash deterrent, good luck with that. While I personally think it's just brutish, that won't stop me from doing it if it works.

Sooooo many of the situations in Bethesda games are like that.

Option A: Run in there and kill everyone.

Option B: Creep through the ventilation shaft using your level 80 sneak, while coating the weakest facets (which you were able to determine with your level 90 detection) with a slow-acting corrosive agent. In exactly 14 hours, at which time the target should be in position, the weakest bonds will have disintegrated and the sections you tampered with will come crashing down on the target head, killing them.

I don't know why they do this, but often blindly charging in is the most effective strategy, when it really shouldn't be.

Well my first idea was an influence war between the expanding Cyrodill vampires and native Volkihar of skyrim but Dawnguard made it a little more complicated.

But I love complicated! ^^ It means the questline will need to be designed with a lot of finesse and subtlety and ohhhh! it will finally give me a chance to do what I always wanted but couldn't in vanilla skyrim:

play fragile political games' date=' be forced to think things through before acting and at least this once also (if I want to) be able to manipulate others to my ends instead of being forced to play the gullible one like always. Ohhhhh I will sooooo do my darnest to make sure that anyone who just wants to run around mindlessly hacking things will be instantly appalled by my mod! ^^

And awwwwwh silly bethesda ._. I so hope someone will create a female version of the lord form soon because other than being ugly it totally looks like a guy ._.

[/quote']

I foresee Trykz of LL doing that for some reason. He appears to be our resident race creator lol.

As for the hack 'n' slash deterrent, good luck with that. While I personally think it's just brutish, that won't stop me from doing it if it works.

Option B: Creep through the ventilation shaft using your level 80 sneak, while coating the weakest facets (which you were able to determine with your level 90 detection) with a slow-acting corrosive agent. In exactly 14 hours, at which time the target should be in position, the weakest bonds will have disintegrated and the sections you tampered with will come crashing down on the target head, killing them.

I don't know why they do this, but often blindly charging in is the most effective strategy, when it really shouldn't be.

I personaly like La Femme Lycana for werewolf females. It does female werewolves right. They are not all petite, trying to make them into cutsy werebeasts. They're big and nasty like werewolves should be, but a lighter more feminine shade of big and nasty. I imagine I'll look for something similar in the female vampire "lady" model, and will not be jumping on the "OMG succubus time!" train (Not that there is anything wrong with said train) :P

[/quote']

Yah I totally hate it! I mean I love options and I'd be very happy to let it happen but I'm soooo going to be a total bitch about the "consequences" part of choices and consequences ^^

And it's been done before! I'm going to be taking a lot of inspiration from the "Stranded Light" oblivion mod. It was amazing! In a lot of cases thinking and planning was 90% of a quest and the satisfaction from doing it right was just priceless! My favourite part was that there were no quest markers unless it made perfect sense (only like 2 quests had quest markers and only because you had a magical tracking device that made it plausible) and journal entries only said what player character would logically know instead of giving you clear solutions. You had to listen to what npcs had to say (and sometimes brainstorm with them for hints), use your knowledge of lore and consider all possibilities to figure out why your first conclusions were wrong ("okay so he says he threw that chest over the wall... but I've been all over the place and there's no chest outside! Maybe he was just lying? that wall looks pretty high anyway how could he throw a heavy chest to the other side? Oh! Or maybe he didn't actually succeed and it got stuck on top of the wall instead!"

OH my I was so happy when I finally solved that quest! ^^)

Of course you could still just slaughter everything that moved (I don't think any npcs were essential) and the quests would even take that into account! But it almost always led to failing the quests, closing off paths to more questlines and in at least one case would lead to being kicked oyt of the guild forever. Ohhh! And did I mention that you could *fail*? And most of the time the storyline would continue even if you didn't succeed at some quests but you would miss out on rewards and doing things wrong (or sometimes doing them right!) would even make some other quests completely unavailable!

I loved it loved it loved it loved it! It was more fun than all quests in Oblivion and its DLCs combined!

Just an Idea out of the blue, I wanted to run by you. I was playing yesterday and managed to drain kill a Vigilant of Stendarr. I got the nasty idea in my mind of taking all her gear and wearing it. A wolf in sheep's clothing :D

It would be cool if you were wearing the full Vigilant of Stendarr uniform...

(Robes of Restoration, Steel cuffed boots, Steel Gauntlets, Torch, Steel Mace, Amulet of Stendarr, Optional Mages Hood)

...you could catch other Vigilants off guard, or offer blessings to people then drain them.

Getting another weird bug.

Feeding is not increasing my blood pool for some reason. It also has no effect on the health of those I am feeding on. Its as if the power has turned off, but the animations and other non blood\health releted effects are still happening.

Hum... do you get choice menu and fade to black during feeding?

Ya, it goes through all the motions except actually taking blood. In fact, I might not be losing blood either lemme check that.

confirmed: Waited for 5 hours and no change in blood pool

That's weird... it looks like the main script isn't running. Try "stopquest PlayerVampireQuest", "stopquest PlayerVampireQuest" and then feeding. It should reset to normal. If not try checking if you have any other mods that do anything to "PlayerVampireQuest"

I like this mod. Very nice work on this!

I had some problems to get this to work with the Children of the Sky mod but managed to solve that i think.

Though i would like to know if there is a way to stop NPC's attacking you on site.

Not becouse i want to play an immortal vampire without downside's but becouse there arent much to do when you are one.

With no quest and such for vampire's yet? i would like to play through the noraml story quest's as a vampire.

I am also thinking on maybe start makeing some quest mods for Vampire's. So i am hopeing it would be ok for me to use Vampiric Thirst as a base?

Or maybe if a colaboration intrests you?

That's weird... it looks like the main script isn't running. Try "stopquest PlayerVampireQuest"' date=' "stopquest PlayerVampireQuest" and then feeding. It should reset to normal. If not try checking if you have any other mods that do anything to "PlayerVampireQuest"

[/quote']

I figured it out, another mod I installed recently changed the vampire script when it had nothing to do with vampires. I purged it, and now everything is back to normal (fed on three people and got my blood pool up to be sure)

I followed the instructions in the installation guide but when I press "v" nothing happens. If I open the console and type in the command to change the hotkey it says the command doesn't exist. To clear out: to launch the game I start the nexus mod manager (I put the vampirethirst.esp to the bottom of the mods list) and hit "start skse".

Maybe some files are in conflict with this mod. Here is a list:

- skyrim.esm

- AP skyrim.esm

- ApachiiHair.esm

- Racecompatibility.esm

- Apocalypse the spell package.esm

- 1Alir armor.esp

- Ap Skyrim.esp

- Ashen followers.esp

- FlameAtronachArmor.esp

- FNISSpells.esp

- Fox15 Armor.esp

- xvisionchildren.esp

- YChildren of the sky.esp

(

- mslnoinvisibilityrefraction.esp

- mslvampiricthirst.esp

- // mslvampiricthirstVampiricUpdater.esp // <--- I used it to update my vampirism and then   deactivated as hinted

)

Are you sure you're using the latest versions of Skyrim and SKSE? Maybe redownloading skse will help.

My skyrim version in 1.6.89 and my skse v. is 1.5.9

Edit: Ok, it works, now the only problem is that my blood pool empties out in a day

I'm Liking this mod, but I am having the same problem as MisterH. THe mod seems to be installed properly everything seems to work including the hot keys, but I am 'starved'

tried feeding on 3 npc but the bloodpool doesn't go up, it stays constantly on 0%. also all the gaurd NPC attack on sight argh.

Edit: ok got it working by download the updater script.

even tho I had installed this before starting a new game.

Just tried out this mod :D its awesome...

I've been using belua sanguinare and brahmens mod, but I was getting bored, your definitely going in the right direction.

also i'm loving the little subtleties like talking to people to get blood, and the fact that it actually makes feeding difficult is great(not like vanilla where feeding is pointless and the vampire as a whole is insulting to the word vampire).

P.S. would love to see a knockback effect when you power attack with your fists... you know with vamp strength, or maybe even modelled claws to go with the claw power :P

Keep up the good work:exclamation: