Vampiric Thirst by Miss Leeches

So I had an idea about Vampiric Thirst's ability to feed on other vampires and the text message that comes.

What if you could using diablerie basically speed up your advancement but it led to a ceiling? Like feed off humans and you're fine, feed off a vampire and it starts you down the path that soon feeding off vampires is the only thing that can advance your powers (but when you do your powers increase faster), then it's vampires of a higher level, then master and ancient vampires. Maybe even put in that if you drained dry Vyrthuur and Harkon you could advance your age level beyond what is now.

And that had me thinking about something like Neverwinter Nights Mask of the Betrayer's soul collection thing, where specific NPCs and targets gave you bonuses for draining them, drain Ulfric Stormcloak (conclusion of Civil War as Imperial) and you get a shout cooldown reduction, drain Ancano and you get a magicka bonus or regen bonus, drain Cicero or Astrid and you get a sneak bonus, drain the final Dark Brotherhood target and your Mesmerism increases in strength and duration, drain Vyrthuur and you get a buff while using Auriel's Bow with Bloodhallowed arrows, drain Harkon and your vampire lord powers upgrade (better gargoyle, better bat cloak etc), and so on. Maybe if you didn't care for those questlines then draining people like Brynjolf, Kodlak Whitemane and Savos Aren would advance you even further with drain essentials on.

Note however I have no idea how to make something like that into a mod, but anyone else capable of doing so is free to steal my idea!

Hey this is going to sound like one of those "would you please do this for me" questions- but it actually isn't. How would I go about making a small mod that adds some arousal gain off VTs feeding? obviously I need to have SL:A be a master for the new esp but aside from that I'm pretty unsure about how to go about it. I ask because Deadly Drain does that- but it only triggers off feeding from sleeping targets.Figured something like this would help complete it.

thanks for the great mod, using SD+ to get enslaved, then bloodletting quietly, silently into difficult quests, with impregnable fortresses, seemingly impossible numbers -- yeah, just walk up to the fortress entrance and "surrender" and let your thirst for blood do the rest. 

Using Animated Dragon Wings during some of the feeding animations would be cool. 

• 1 month later...

They explicitly can have sex, they just have to expend Blood Points to make the relevant parts work, just like they can spend blood to mimic other signs of life such as blushing or breathing or eating or whatnot. It's pretty costly and they don't derive too much pleasure from sex, so most don't bother, but the option is clearly spelled out in the corebook.

What they can't do is reproduce.

This. And dont forget that in WoD laws of physics are lies invented by Technocracy to make world more controllable.

• 2 months later...

Hi folks, I'm looking for some advice in order to get my Skyrim Vampire game set up just as I want it.

So what is it I'm looking for? Well basically I want to have my vampire character use the Vampire Porcelain skin http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/42049/?. Now I have tried several different ways to achieve this but so far none have been satisfactory.

1st I tried using Vampire Texture Framework, but I couldn't get that to work properly.

2nd I just used porcelain as my main skin texture but then everyone was as pale as a sheet, again not what I wanted. 

3rd I started using custom race mods to acheive the look I was looking for, I replaced the body meshes and textures and achieved the look I was after (well almost, but close enough not to matter). Then I ran into a snag, I want to use VT, as for me it is by far the better vampire (hehe) mod, but I haven't been able to find a custom race that a: works with VT or b: can take advantage of porcelain and it's tintmasks.

4th I tried a body change mod, but that crashed when I was turned, and wouldn't even let me change my body after being turned.

Currently I am using the Succubus Race mod, which I have altered to get the look I want, but I can't seem to get it to work with VT. Succubus Race does work with Better Vampires, but BV isn't the vampire gameplay I want. I tried following the instructions to add Succubus Race to VTs list of races, but fell at the first hurdle as creation kit throws up an error when loading VTs esp. Something about missing English strings in Dawnguard.esm. And if I retry or ignore the error CK just crashes.

Can someone suggest a Race that works with VT and will use Porcelains tintmasks. Or can someone help me get Succubus Race working with VT, at the moment I can become a vampire and all the buttons work H, B, and for the first feeding V. But then I cant use feed anymore and my blood count is still at 0%. VT works perfectly with vanilla races btw and I love it, I just want my vampire to look the way I want.

p.s. i just noticed that the last post in this thread was a couple of months ago, so I apologise if this is seen as necroing the thread, but this seemed the logical place to post.

Many thanks in advance, Scorp.

Hi psammeticus. Yeah I am using that mod. I'm currently trying an extremely stripped down game atm just to see if it is some conflict or other, I just created a new profile in MO and disabled about 180 mods (thankyou MO). If it works then I'll slowly start adding in mods until I find whats causing the problem, if it doesn't then I'll strip some more out. If its a conflict with other mods I WILL find the fecker. I hope its going to be this simple as I actually like the Succubus Race for normal(ish) gameplay too. But omw is skyrim going to look ugly until I figure it out :(. Well I can always load up an alt profile and get my normal Skyrim fix :)

Edit: Well its definitely another mod thats messing things up, as I just tried my stripped version and everything works fine. Just got to find the culprit now.

• 2 months later...

So, question. I plan on installing this soon, when I get a new computer capable of running Skyrim again, and I wonder how exactly Diablerie works in it. I see mentions of it on the nexus page and such, and throghout this thread a bit but .... Nothing solid.

I can't seem to find an up-to-date walkthrough/faq/readme of the mod, either. So my real big questions are - how exactly does diablerie work, and is it possible to, through diablerie, age past the stage five 'limit' that there seemingly is on this mods vampirism?

A general readme/walkthrough of this mod would really be appreciated.

Sorry if this counts as necromancy or I'm breaking a rule, but I see some decent gaps between posts in this thread, so.

No, you can't advance past the five stages even with Dialblerie. However Diablerie gets you to the end of it faster than just waiting that time, and it gets you new points for  your vampiric powers (powers are gained via  points gained via feeding and vampire actions, not by age, age just strengthens them, so you can have all the powers at child age just fine, but at stage 5 they'll be way stronger). You feed on vampires same way you feed on mortals, hit that V key in combat to overpower and grapple them (easier if you have Potence or they are in bleedout), or do it while they are sleeping or while sneaking, when you feed on the vampire you get a message pop up that "This vampire's blood feels powerful... and now so do I!" and your age will advance slightly. Bunkering up and waiting for a year will still get you there faster in terms of game time but this is a more immersive way of getting there, and you'll unlock a lot of powers while on your way.

Ah. Shame you're stuck at stage five. Maybe MissLeeches will add the abaility to progress past it with diablerie some day.

And exactly how MUCH stronger? Like, for example, there's 'blood shroud' which I think is a custom new one I saw in the Nexusmods screenshots, that appears to block things. How's it stronger? and since as far as I can tell this is compatable with Dawnguard, and lets you use Vampire Lord powers you learn outside of the form, say, Corpse Curse? Just percentage based?

And does the age of the vampire you eat matter? For example, if I diablerize Harkon, or the... snow elf dude?

Thanks a lot for the response, either way!

Not sure if the age of the vampire has any effect, but I usually get more points for abilities after I've eaten some master vampire than some fledgeling, so my guess is that at least the level of the character will matter, since I'm not sure if NPC vampires actually have ages. You can diablerize Vyrthur, I have done so before, but it can be hard as he's got low about of health and damage resistance but is high level, so even with potence active he'll withstand your grapples unless you knock him down to 1/3 of his health, but especially with Serana there as well it might be hard to avoid killing him at that point. You may have to console-select Serana and do "tai" command on her (toggle ai) then use a less damaging weapon, and probably have to try over again a few times. Harkon however I'm pretty sure dies a scripted death so he probably can't be diablerized, he'll always resist.

As for how much stronger, I can't say for sure, but at least for Potence when increasing your strength you'll easily see that the damage you do with weapons with it active will be a lot higher if you're stage 5 than stage 1. Going up stages also makes Mesmerism affect higher level characters I think, or it may be just me that was higher level. The Blood Shroud I'm relativley certain is a Ward effect so I'm guessing it's magnitude goes up. Damage on vampire lord effects like cloak of bats likewise should go up, at stage 5 with all vampire lord powers you will be very powerful, basically unless you're using a magic scaling mod that increases magniude of spells by a large degree (3-5 times over vanilla at least) you'll find that your vampire powers once evolved to stage 5 are most powerful abilites in your arsenal, especially the VL powers.

Just be aware that hostile vampires get these powers as well, a NPC vampire lord with vigor mortis, potence, bat cloak and such active can be a bit of a nightmare to fight, they'll easily outclass the likes of draugr death overlords, the only thing more dangerous is probably dragon priests if you are using Revenge of the Enemies. Oh and fire dragons, because you have a -150 or so fire resistance, if you're a fledgelign vampire when fightign Mirmulnir for example you'll want to fight him from as long away as possible, and don't trigger random dragon attacks (after Kynesgrove) until you've ether gotten blood shroud, necrotic flesh or/and fire resisance items.

Another weakness is that your health doesn't regenerate, cous you're dead, and healing magic and potions will only have half effect on you, so one of the first powers you'll want is Vigor Mortis which regenerates you, and once you get to stage 5 it'll heal you very very fast, but this doesn't work in sunligth. In Vampiric Thirst there's no stages of vampirism like in vanilla or Better Vampires, if you have a blood pool of 100-90 % then you are immune to sunlight at all age categories, drop below 90 % and you're combustible out in the open, and even while not burning up both weapons and spells will hit you a lot harder, and a lot of your powers like Vigor Mortis won't work. Auriel's bow with bloodcursed arrows are actually a very good thing for you. You'll take less damage in shade, during rain and such. Get Mesmerism early on and you can mesmerize and quickly bite people without too much worries to get up above 89 % again and stop burning. Also even if you get thousands of points of health, 3000 health will die just as fast as 30 health, it takes increments off your total amount of health.

Personally the powers I get first are Mesmerism (seduction, hypnotism, very useful during daylight, mesmerize someone, including a guard and tell them to go to some dark corner, follow and drain them dry and never get a bounty or the like), then Potence (Strength, for grappling and feeding during combat), then Embrace of Shadows (invisibility, for stealth feeding), all three to make feeding faster, then Vigor Mortis. Later on Blood Sense (smell really good quality blood that'll boost you faster) and Undying Gluttony (eat your zombie to get a bigger blood pool, possibly for days if the zombie was high enough level) will both help you in getting points faster even when it takes much longer for you to get them. Note that when you first become vampire lord you won't have blood drain and raise corpses in right and left hand like Harkon explains, because you have to buy those powers for them to be available in VL form (not entirely true; it's bugged initially in that scene often so you'll have all the powers as well as bats when you change, but if you lower your hands and raise them again the powers will be gone unless you actually have them). However all powers you get in normal vampire form is available in vampire lord form, and vice versa for the most part, learn to summon gargoyles as a vampire lord and you can do so in human form, upgrade your claws and your human form unarmed attacks damage goes up, etc.

There's a patch available that allows you to use Royal Bloodline with Vampiric THirst, but it's bugged, it breaks the above so your VL no longer has access to things like potence, vigor mortis and such. I suggest not to use it.

Here's some other mods that compliment Vampric Thirst very well;

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21689/?(Brilliant mod, I talked to the author and he made it completely Vampiric Thirst compatible, you had to console add the powers with VT before).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22274/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41634/?(note that you do not need face fixes for the monstrous vampire face with this, you'll look a bit crappy when empty of blood but fully fed you'll look human, drink some blood and get bloodied mouth, go into combat and have dark red eyes, turn on predator vision and you get glowing yellow eyes)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31136/?(optional, these textures work well with the image style on the nexus page for VT; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/42049/? note that if you use Schlongs of Skyrim the male textures don't work too well with that)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38829/?

And my favorite armor; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25852/?(this armor comes with spells that let you craft blood potions that work with vampiric thirst from 1 human heart and 1 human flesh, you can also feed these potions to the armor itself to increase it's armor rating as the armor is vampiric also).

And a home, a castle of your own on the backside of Vohikar, accessible from the main castle as well as via teleport; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52057/?

Some of those mods look pretty great. The appearance ones maybe less so. How compatible is the vampiric fast travel one with Requiem? I know that VT has a Requiem patch, and I fully intend on using them together.

As for the stuff about the other vampires getting the powers and no health regen and sun weakness and so on? Well, yeah, I read about most of that on the Nexus page. The health regen, since I plan on using Requiem, is less of a big deal for me because, well, EVERYONE has that.

Also, I'm most likely to be playing an Argonian, Khajiit (For unarmed damage bonus), Orc (their rage power, if it carries into Requiem, works GREAT for a bloodrage/frenzy), or some flavor of elf. Do the vampire texture mods you linked really affect any of those? Especially the better fangs and eyes mod.

Still, this is all super useful, 'cause it'll help me have more fun with my vampiric experience in skyrim.

Bat travel is a better and more faster method of fast travel than just actually fast traveling somewhere, so since Requiem disables fast travel you probably don't want that.

Texture mods will work with the elf option, but not one of the monstrous races, they're too different. BVFE and Vampire Texture Framework gets applied to all NPCs as well though, except ones with unique apperance like a Serana overhaul like Seranaholic, but if you are using vanilla Serana she's touched as well, as is Harkon etc. Dynamic Vampire Appearance I'm reasonably certain even an Argonian will get the glowing eyes with predator vision active. But only a human or elf will get full advantage of it for bloody mouth and messed up face as you run out of blood.

Note that technically Predator Vision is incompatible with Vampiric THirst; VT includes it's own vampire night vision ability and this like all other abilities cost blood, if you install Predator Vision you get that instead and it won't cost blood. But PV is better. Also note that Vampiric Thirst's night vision won't be compatible with Dynamic Vampire Apperance night vision eyes, but Predator Vision is, everything else in VT is compatible with DVA.

Oh also one serious bug with Vampiric Thirst and Dawnguard; very often the Voihkar vamprires won't get friendly to you right away, Harkon will be friendly during the whole Vampire Lord instructions thing but somewhere in going out to get the Bloodstone Chalice everyone in the castle turns hostile. This is because Vampiric Thirst vampires aren't really the same type of vampires as normal vampires, so the faction thing sometimes doens't get set right, and the nobles think you're a Dawnguard follower instead. To fix it, get outside of the castle, then wait for 3 days, then head back inside and factions will be set properly and they won't be hostile to you anymore. If you're already advanced in vampirism and have Embrace of Shadows (or a potion of inivisblity and okay stealth) then just sneak past them and wait right outside, if you don't have these things and you're a warrior in heavy armor, then enter console and type "coc riverwood" or some other location, find a interior preferably (your home would be best, if you go to riverwood then the house of either Gerdur or Alvor depending on who you followed out of Helgen is good enough, and those people should be easy to feed off after to get your blood store up again) and wait or sleep for three days, then go back to Vohikar and start the quests.

Bat Travel also has ways to just ... fly aroudn in bat form, doing so extremely quickly, but with your vampiric powers, without even directly using fast travel. So I'll probably nab it for the speed of travel and the fun RP aspect of traveling as a cloud of bats.

That bug sounds kinda bad, but I'm sure since it's as easy to fix as 'wait a few days' then it'll be fine.

I probably just won't grab Predator Vision!

The texture mods, though, I will be grabbing more likely than not, since they affect NPCs too, and having better lookin' vampers sounds great, even if most of my preferred races, even orcs, wouldn't benefit from it. Entertaining lore snippet - orcs are apparently elves in TES.

Yep, Orsimer, used to look less deformed until the daedric lord Boethia ate Trinimac, their god (god of vengeance, loyalty, that sort, warrior god) and shat him out as Malacath, a deformed daedric lord instead, which also changed all of his followers. Dwarves in elder scrolls are likewise elves (Dwemer) and the goblin-like Falmer are as their name suggests also elves, the corrupted Snow Elves.

Technically Tolkien orcs are elves as well, gone through a similar but more recent transformation.

I'm Liking this mod, but I am having the same problem as MisterH. THe mod seems to be installed properly everything seems to work including the hot keys, but I am 'starved'

tried feeding on 3 npc but the bloodpool doesn't go up, it stays constantly on 0%. also all the gaurd NPC attack on sight argh.

Edit: ok got it working by download the updater script.

even tho I had installed this before starting a new game.

i have the same problem but i can't find the "updater script" on the nexus download page.

Can someone here please give me a hand with a script I'm working on for a mod?

I'm making a mod that will play this animation through SexLab:

post-71110-0-32395200-1430989198.gif

And at the same time sate your vampiric thirst. It's working fine except for one major issue, it doesn't actually sate your thirst.

The sex animation plays and the feed message and feed effect plays, but my character doesn't actually gain the effects.

What I need help with is the script piece I need to fully sate your character once the feed animation starts. Here is my script if someone can please give me a hand:

Scriptname AA21SexualVampireFeedScript extends Quest  

SexLabFramework property SexLab auto

Actor Property PlayerRef  Auto

Int Property VampireStatus Auto Conditional

Message Property AA21VampireSexFeedMessage Auto

Faction Property VampirePCFaction  Auto  

Float Property LastFeedTime Auto
Float Property FeedTimer Auto
GlobalVariable Property GameDaysPassed Auto

GlobalVariable Property VampireFeedReady Auto
imageSpaceModifier Property VampireTransformDecreaseISMD  Auto 
effectShader property VampireChangeFX auto

function VampireSex(Actor SpeakerRef)

actor[] sexActors = new actor[2]
  sexActors[0] = SpeakerRef
  sexActors[1] = PlayerRef
  sslBaseAnimation[] anims = SexLab.GetAnimationsByTags(2, "xandero" )
  SexLab.StartSex(sexActors,anims)
  utility.wait(5.0)

;Effects for hiding the change
  ;VampireChangeFX.play(game.getPlayer())
  VampireTransformDecreaseISMD.applyCrossFade(2.0)
  utility.wait(2.0)
  imageSpaceModifier.removeCrossFade()
  ;VampireChangeFX.stop(game.getPlayer())

Game.IncrementStat( "Necks Bitten" )
  AA21VampireSexFeedMessage.Show()
  VampireFeedReady.SetValue(0)
  ;Player has fed, regress to Stage 1 Vampirisim
  ;Remove Stage 2, 3, and 4 buffs and spells
  LastFeedTime =  GameDaysPassed.Value
  VampireStatus = 1

;Player is no longer hated. Only used for players that load DLC as a vampire
  Game.GetPlayer().RemoveFromFaction(VampirePCFaction)
  Game.GetPlayer().SetAttackActorOnSight(False)

;Start checking GameTime again if we weren't already
  UnregisterforUpdateGameTime()
  RegisterForUpdateGameTime(12)

endfunction

One thing to keep in mind is that for Vampiric Thirst it's feeding is not the same as vanilla vampire feeding. When a mod like Submit or Deadly Drain allows you to feed as part of sex or animation, it's vanilla feeding happened (you get papyrus message about "your vampiric powers receding" which doesn't happen with VT), and that feeding doesn't help with VT's feeding. So basically for somethign like this to work you'd need both a Vampiric Thirst and a vanilla/Better Vampires version of the mod/script. Try it out without VT and see if normal vampirsm gets blood from your feeding.

THat's all the help I can offer I'm afraid, I don't know squat about scripting. Very nice effort and animation though! Miss Leeches has been mentioning sex feeding for a while but I think was waiting for proper paired animations and feeding in the middle of an animation.

Don't do what you did. You're replicating the effects of the vanilla feeding, but you're not calling the actual feeding function. That's the reason your script is incompatible with VT and every other vampirism overhaul.

The proper way to do this is add a quest property pointing to PlayerVampireQuest (where the function is stored) and then remove this whole block:

;Effects for hiding the change
  ;VampireChangeFX.play(game.getPlayer())
  VampireTransformDecreaseISMD.applyCrossFade(2.0)
  utility.wait(2.0)
  imageSpaceModifier.removeCrossFade()
  ;VampireChangeFX.stop(game.getPlayer())

Game.IncrementStat( "Necks Bitten" )
  AA21VampireSexFeedMessage.Show()
  VampireFeedReady.SetValue(0)
  ;Player has fed, regress to Stage 1 Vampirisim
  ;Remove Stage 2, 3, and 4 buffs and spells
  LastFeedTime =  GameDaysPassed.Value
  VampireStatus = 1

;Player is no longer hated. Only used for players that load DLC as a vampire
  Game.GetPlayer().RemoveFromFaction(VampirePCFaction)
  Game.GetPlayer().SetAttackActorOnSight(False)

;Start checking GameTime again if we weren't already

And replace it with:

PlayerVampireQuest.VampireFeed(akTarget)

where akTarget = the actor you are feeding on. So in this case it would be SpeakerRef (I think?) but I'm not sure, I don't remember how to obtain specific actors from sexlab events.

This will work with vanilla vampirism out of the box and using this function while VT is installed will default to the "sip" interaction. If you wish to mak a VT-specific version, the function would have 2 extra attributes:

Function VampireFeed(Actor akTarget, Int FeedType = 0, Int PassOut = 0)

PassOut should always be 0 in sexlab context since that knocks the vicitm out and you don't want to do that in the middle of a SL scene since it would probablish result in a CTD.

And FeedType denotes various feeding options. 0 = sip, 1 = drink, 2 = drain, 3 = until sated, 4 = empty.

But all that said, one of those days (hopefully Soon™) Vampiric Thirst is going to receive a rework which will aim at streamlining everything, especially the parts responsible for feeding and hunger management because the current system is a total mess that I've found is too complex and cumbersome for its own good. It is likely that the next version will not be backwards-compatible so if you do want to implement VT-specific compatibility, it is likely that you will need to revise it in a few months.