Crap I'm really glad I have that debug messagebox now. I've never had a problem starting the quest. I have No idea why the quest isn't starting up. bare with me till I look into it.

What happens if you put the following into the console:

startquest sgsfirstdungeoncrawl01

setstage sgsfirstdungeoncrawl01 0

EDIT: Is anyone else able to start the quest, if it doesn't work try the above. if it STILL doesnt work tell me. I'm pretty stumped on this one

edit2: words

I have same message and quest don't start. Console comands don't help me. May be it is problem of not existence of some objects and npc's (look's like Astrid, I see dialogs of your mod about her in console. On my save she is dead because I completed DarkBrotherhood questline).

Crap I'm really glad I have that debug messagebox now. I've never had a problem starting the quest. I have No idea why the quest isn't starting up. bare with me till I look into it.

EDIT: Is anyone else able to start the quest, if it doesn't work try the above. if it STILL doesnt work tell me. I'm pretty stumped on this one

I have same message and quest don't start. Console comands don't help me. May be it is problem of not existence of some objects and npc's (look's like Astrid, I see dialogs of your mod about her in console. On my save she is dead because I completed DarkBrotherhood questline).

Ah! I'm going to try testing with some npcs dead. Shit I've no idea what to do if you guys kill Thoring! He isn't an essential NPC at all! Perhaps this is the problem with integrating standard npcs into the questline.

I got fucked too hard by the CK so taking a bit of a break. In the meantime I'll still be trying to read comments and keeping up to date with the problems/bugs encountered - Im more confused than ever about current unfixed/fixed bugs because I'm sure I had almost all of them fixed at one point according to my list but half/most of my changes seem to be reverted and I don't know which ones I fixed are no longer fixed. An Entire Worldspace I was working on for a few hours too disappeared into the ethers. Yay

So, sorry, if theres a problem in 1.23a you encounter that I said I had fixed, or was going to fix. Post it again so I can confirm it's still there because I done a LOT of testing already and to be frank I'm all tested out.

Known (possible) issues currently:

Plugs arent doing the right thing/vibrating shocking. Will be good for 1.24

Rainas 'help' enchantment isn't being applied.

Sile's "help" dialog might not be implemented correctly.

Ballet boots might not apply the correct magnitude enchantment (10%, +15% if wearing Rainas Chastity Belt)

Chastity Belt may or may not block masturbation attempts

Sile might have missing or garbled test dialog

Raina sleeps in the dungeon and not in the manor.

Thanks for being patient folks.

As always suggestions and ideas welcome, I'm not saying I will promise implement it soon, but if I read it and I like it, I may integrate it or get more details so I know what to try and do.

Ah! I'm going to try testing with some npcs dead. Shit I've no idea what to do if you guys kill Thoring! He isn't an essential NPC at all! Perhaps this is the problem with integrating standard npcs into the questline.

I tried new game and mod works fine. But on my main save problems didn't solved on 1.23a. (I have message 'New quest didn't start up successefully. something went wrong'. Console comands for start quest don't work as early). I tried as you wrote in changelog to reload save before this message and clean save start of your mod but effect equals zero. I don't have idea that's the problem now if Astrid's dead solved and all other characters is alive which needs to mod. Need more people with this problem and their ideas.

I tried new game and mod works fine. But on my main save problems didn't solved on 1.23a. (I have message 'New quest didn't start up successefully. something went wrong'. Console comands for start quest don't work as early). I tried as you wrote in changelog to reload save before this message and clean save start of your mod but effect equals zero. I don't have idea that's the problem now if Astrid's dead solved and all other characters is alive which needs to mod. Need more people with this problem and their ideas.

From what I've learnt the story manager when it attempts to get a quest started it will check all essential aliases, if it cannot fill an alias it will fail, except in circumstances I believe the flag on the alias is set to optional, then the quest will start regardless if it can fill the alias or not.

That was just a small attempted fix with the obvious solution. When I have time again after my break i'll sit down and have a look into fixing it properly in a new release. Hence why it was 1.23a and not 1.24

Thanks for giving me great details of what you done and the problems you had! It really helps. Lots.

Thank you donotbugme! This is a mighty fine piece of modding you delivered. I enjoyed playing it immensely and I am seeing soooo much potential for future development. :)

Some feedback:

- Maybe I am just a bit slow, but I had a big problem getting started. I read the bit about the theft of a gold coin, but thought I would be investigating it. So I talked to about every NPC in the vicinity, even installed the older versions, nothing. Only after messing around for an hour or so did I notice the "suspicious coin" lying innocently on the counter... :blush: . Maybe consider some stronger hint to get those equally slow as me started?

- Any reason that the bow and magic arrows are lying on the floor in the Windpeak Inn?

- There were some equipping and unequipping issues in Raina's Dungeon, probably caused by me speeding up dialogue by clicking impatiently. Re-entering the dialogue and waiting it out solved the issues.

- 50.000 Gold pieces is a hefty sum. For those that have all the other devious mods, it would mean to wait a loooong time until the connected quests could be entered (captured dreams relies heavily on belts, DCL has some quests etc). I read the sum was 10.000 at first, maybe the middle? 20.000 or 25.000?

- I was very careful keeping most of my magic arrows because I expected an epic showdown with Magnus. Instead I could just save Sile and we were teleported out. In the hope that you will develop this jewel more in the future, I would suggest either a battle with Magnus before the rescue or - even better - a cry for help from Raina some time after the rescue that will lead to  the showdown (and maybe another rescue).

- Raina did not remove the collar at the end. Intended or bug? Restraint keys didn't work, but cursed loot's "Free me" option could remove it.

- Would cursed loot notice that your quest is running? I deactivated it for most of my playthrough, but would it replace your collar / belt with for example the slave belt / collar, breaking your mod in the process? Or do you send a "Stop" signal?

Thank you donotbugme! This is a mighty fine piece of modding you delivered. I enjoyed playing it immensely and I am seeing soooo much potential for future development. :)

Some feedback:

- Maybe I am just a bit slow, but I had a big problem getting started. I read the bit about the theft of a gold coin, but thought I would be investigating it. So I talked to about every NPC in the vicinity, even installed the older versions, nothing. Only after messing around for an hour or so did I notice the "suspicious coin" lying innocently on the counter... :blush: . Maybe consider some stronger hint to get those equally slow as me started?

- Any reason that the bow and magic arrows are lying on the floor in the Windpeak Inn?

- There were some equipping and unequipping issues in Raina's Dungeon, probably caused by me speeding up dialogue by clicking impatiently. Re-entering the dialogue and waiting it out solved the issues.

- 50.000 Gold pieces is a hefty sum. For those that have all the other devious mods, it would mean to wait a loooong time until the connected quests could be entered (captured dreams relies heavily on belts, DCL has some quests etc). I read the sum was 10.000 at first, maybe the middle? 20.000 or 25.000?

- I was very careful keeping most of my magic arrows because I expected an epic showdown with Magnus. Instead I could just save Sile and we were teleported out. In the hope that you will develop this jewel more in the future, I would suggest either a battle with Magnus before the rescue or - even better - a cry for help from Raina some time after the rescue that will lead to  the showdown (and maybe another rescue).

- Raina did not remove the collar at the end. Intended or bug? Restraint keys didn't work, but cursed loot's "Free me" option could remove it.

- Would cursed loot notice that your quest is running? I deactivated it for most of my playthrough, but would it replace your collar / belt with for example the slave belt / collar, breaking your mod in the process? Or do you send a "Stop" signal?

Very sorry it took so long to find the coin! I'll update the OP with a picture of the location with the new release!

Debug Bow and arrows please ignore. Whoops! I'm remove those asap.

50k gold pieces IS a hefty sum but if its to destroy your arch nemesis it's very cheap. - I'll look into potentially breaking this up i.e device removal not after an entire 50k, but after a few little quests. 

-Collar should be removed when the belt is removed. I'll make sure to check that script again and edit if needed. if it doesn't come off I have a debug key "chastity keywand". Having one in your inventory can be used to get around devices not equipping. (always good to have a backup in case things go wrong that pass testing)

-Currently I do not handle other quests like cursed loot very gracefully yet. Cursed Loot has support for other mod's quest related devious items - support i'll most likely be trying to copy.*

-Arrows were designed to be a backup strategy in case you couldn't kill things very well the normal way (12 second paralyze, aoe). Definitely going to have some nice stuff for Warriors/Mages/Rogue archetypes for the very eventual showdown with Magus.

-Showdown with Magnus to be worked on. 

*By support I mean very politely preventing my mod from activating/advancing when other devious quest items are currently worn

Thanks for the feedback and problem reports. I'll make those fixes for the next release

Just for you, a preview of what I'm experimenting with at the minute for next release

post-588106-0-82011000-1457101566_thumb.jpg

Ok, thanks for explaining how to start it. I skim read it, and misunderstood :)

Didn't realize the coin starts it, was trying to find an npc who'd had a coin stolen... though I did end up finding an npc from another quest i'd never met while searching dawnstar, so ty ;) .

The 50k depend on if you are using overhauls or not. If you using overhauls like Requiem or SkyRe it is very hard to make when 30k because is great cut how much npcs buy gear for until you have 75+ speechcraft and cut how much you make of form mining and cutting wood.

I just add a Requiem patch for your mod in my Requiem - Sexlab & Devious patch link to try and get the Requiem players supporting your quest mod. ^^

Can you tell me how to change the 50k to 10k for the requiem patch using tes5edit?

The reasons I want to change that in the patch not your mod is in Requiem making 50k even at high levels is basic trying to make 5 million gold in villina unless you focus heavily in speechcraft with 75% of the speechcraft peak taken.  

Requiem gold or septems as the mod call it has weight of 0.01 mean 50k will take up 50 carry weight mix with that fact you and you follower in requiem can't carry more then 100 - 150 with the fact that wear armor, wear weapons, and arrows/bolt are count on that too plus they weight more in requiem then villina. 

Am I missing something? I get the coin, go through maze at the end I pick up the belt and then nothing happens at all. 

something isn't working right for you. At that point it should be equipped automatically as you black out and teleport to the next scene.

Posting from mobile no reply options. I'll see about changing the fifty thousand gold to something more interesting when I work on the mod most likely this weekend. For the needs of the NPC melting down gold ingots would make more sense than coinage I might ask for 50 of those total instead. Should be a lot better because you can mine it, find it randomly, melt down jewellery and convert it using transmute mineral ore.

Sorry you had trouble getting the mood to work, I would recommend a reinstallation of the mod, make sure the seq file exists. Try it on a new save and see if it works.

Tried it, love it so far. Made me want to change the blindfold setting back to something more annoying than leeches mode ;) Going to try it again, as I appear to be stuck in the basement.

The ingots sounds more achievable - npcs steal from my char all the time (due to other mods from here), 50k would be almost impossible for me without skyre or using console commands. Is the ceiling supposed to be invisible/open in the maze? Not a problem, just curious.

Tried it, love it so far. Made me want to change the blindfold setting back to something more annoying than leeches mode ;) Going to try it again, as I appear to be stuck in the basement.

The ingots sounds more achievable - npcs steal from my char all the time (due to other mods from here), 50k would be almost impossible for me without skyre or using console commands. Is the ceiling supposed to be invisible/open in the maze? Not a problem, just curious.

Ceiling is supposed to be open with sky since its taken from labyrinthian/shalidor's maze. Raina will let you out of her basement with the dialog option "can I be permitted to leave" (something like that). Think im definitely going to go with the ingots idea.

BUG for me

after equiping the chastity belt in the maze i kneel on the ground and nothing happens after that

just stuck kneeling on the floor

having the same problem as E_Nigma

I'm honestly not sure what is happening here. It works for me every single time and its hard to find a problem i cant reproduce. Once I have a chance this weekend I will see what I can do to find the cause of the problem. as of right now i can only say. either reinstall the mod, or try it on a new character to see if it works for you. try starting the quest again and see if it kicks off. Sorry I cant fix your issue quickly

I can't take off my harness and collar even after I finished the quest

The collar should come off after finishing. If it doesnt add to your inventory a chastity "keywand" from the console and it should let you unequip it until i fix it in the new version

I got the "can I be permitted to leave?" option the second time i ran through it. Maybe I missed it the first time.

Raina decided my char looked too good the second time... so I got given a chastity bra and yoke for good measure from her ;) Which is from a different mod (can't remember which), and totally my own fault :) Look forward to future updates.

I've downloaded but didn't try this mod yet, and i'm no modder either.... but i've heard from some modders here that they prefer to create a whole nwe village including NPCs than using vanilla NPCs because they're always troublesome. Even if they don't cause major issues, i've experienced male voices for females and other strange things, so if you find a way to avoid to use them it might save you work in the long run.

Beside that, the description sounds very promising and i hope everything is ok in your real live, looking forward to try your mod :)

Am I breaking the mod? v1.23a

I tried the mod today with a level 1 character, took a while till I found the starting coin.

After I finished the maze, I managed to steal 2 unique keys from the woman. I rampaged through the house stealing everything (I stole the 5 lockpicks and managed to open the Expert door too).

I asked the local smith to remove the collar (I think through Cursed Loot functionality). With that my character had no more restraints on her, however the curse was still working. Later I sold these restraints to the Cursed Loot trader in Dawnstar.

I advanced 1 level and took a skill which enabled me to regenerate magicka 50% faster (SPERG mod). I think that was cheating, because magicka started to regenerate.

Is this a bug: I put on the unique ballet boots I found in one of the rooms. I realized that i can't open the locks, so I talked to the woman again and asked her to remove them. She said yes, but she didn't remove them. When I tried to open the boot locks, I didn't have the 2 stolen special keys with me (stored them for safety).

If it is a bug, is there a way to remove the boots? It is no problem if there isn't any, as I said, it is a fresh game.

Am I breaking the mod? v1.23a

I tried the mod today with a level 1 character, took a while till I found the starting coin.

After I finished the maze, I managed to steal 2 unique keys from the woman. I rampaged through the house stealing everything (I stole the 5 lockpicks and managed to open the Expert door too).

I asked the local smith to remove the collar (I think through Cursed Loot functionality). With that my character had no more restraints on her, however the curse was still working. Later I sold these restraints to the Cursed Loot trader in Dawnstar.

I advanced 1 level and took a skill which enabled me to regenerate magicka 50% faster (SPERG mod). I think that was cheating, because magicka started to regenerate.

Is this a bug: I put on the unique ballet boots I found in one of the rooms. I realized that i can't open the locks, so I talked to the woman again and asked her to remove them. She said yes, but she didn't remove them. When I tried to open the boot locks, I didn't have the 2 stolen special keys with me (stored them for safety).

If it is a bug, is there a way to remove the boots? It is no problem if there isn't any, as I said, it is a fresh game.

Don't currently have access to my machine at the minute

-rampaging and stealing everyithng

That's quite alright!

-smith removing collar

Smith shouldnt be able to remove the collar because it's a zad_blockgeneric quest item. I'll need to check my keywords as you arent supposed to be able to sell the devices in any case

-sperg magicka regeneration mod

i was thinking of either performing a constant -1000% regeneration rate for stamina, health and magicka but decided not to because that would make useless the "potions of regeneration" or what have you. Some people may think its a bug if regeneration doesn't work so  I made it a simple 100% debuff. Shouldn't be regarded as cheating because your magicka rate is stll affected and your character is less powerful than it should be.

-the ballet boots

I can't remember but it's most likely one of the keywands you can only get from the console, potentially her house key, or failing that perhaps try a regular chastity or restraints key. Odd that she didn't remove them, I'll need to look at the script when I can and see what went wrong there

Thanks for checking out my mod

[snip]

That's quite alright!

[snip]

Why is that though? She went through all that trouble to punish you for stealing her coin and then you can go ransack her home without any consequences?

I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but I find the idea of certain punishments / traps in the house very ... devious. ;)

Think about it: you already flooded the house with so many juicy items, both increadibly useful and expensive. Would Raina really give you the key to her house without having some sort of control over her posessions? I saw that just now certain items are free for taking while others are considered stealing. Maybe trapping some of the more expensive items? Or just punish every theft in her house? (As I am hopelessly dumb about modding I have of course no idea how complicated that is or if it is possible...).

As for consequences, the possibilities are many. Whipping, a night in a cage or some DD machine / equipment, equipping more gear for a time, raising the sum for your freedom, other debuffs...

[snip]

That's quite alright!

[snip]

Why is that though? She went through all that trouble to punish you for stealing her coin and then you can go ransack her home without any consequences?

I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but I find the idea of certain punishments / traps in the house very ... devious. ;)

Think about it: you already flooded the house with so many juicy items, both increadibly useful and expensive. Would Raina really give you the key to her house without having some sort of control over her posessions? I saw that just now certain items are free for taking while others are considered stealing. Maybe trapping some of the more expensive items? Or just punish every theft in her house? (As I am hopelessly dumb about modding I have of course no idea how complicated that is or if it is possible...).

As for consequences, the possibilities are many. Whipping, a night in a cage or some DD machine / equipment, equipping more gear for a time, raising the sum for your freedom, other debuffs...

Sorry this response got long, this probably wasn't what you were expecting but I kind of end up saying this is how I think it should be. Raina is unkillable, preventing the default kill&loot player choice from ever happening. Therefore all her shit must be up for grabs another way because i'm using things outside of the simulated reality in Skyrim - limiting player choice and that is total bullshit and irritating - in my opinion at least. Because if I want to take all of someones shit in skyrim I just need to split their head open with an axe, shoot them in the eye with an arrow, or send them hurtling across the room with a fireball explosion.

Theres a lot of effort I would need to go through for the sake of not letting the player steal.  I 100% agree with you it would be much more reflecting a realistic approach but there is just a lot of work in it for making this happen and in the end, to what I think is not a problem if you just approach it and follow the intended path.

-She sees you steal something or you attack her

She attacks you immediately and attempts to kill you <-- arguable this is a significant amount but not huge amount of effort to stop and filter down into something more interesting, perhaps I can do some small amount of work here to force you to "pay" for whatever you took, in punishment

-She does not see you steal something

None the wiser <-- massive amounts of work if it is even possible to change this behavior

You take something not flagged as stolen

-she doesn't bat an eyebrow <--- zero work required, it is permitted (and ignored)

Regarding the coin i've also hit a bit of a wall between her capabilities, motivations and mentality. some amount of retconning may be forced to happen - should only affect minimal dialogue options. But irritating because I can't reconcile her needs, methods and capabilities in a way I like.