• 3 weeks later...

Love the bonuses idea, they're hysterical xD

My suggestions for the other objects :)

Mini-Nuke - [Foster Daughter]: Roaming Children of Atom will not be hostile to the player.

Carrot - [Vegan Survivor]: Yields an extra produce from harvestable vegetables / Vegetables Satiate hunger x2 / No rads from Vegetables (take your pick, could probably think of many other perks for this :P).

Paintbrush - [Free Trail]: Effect similar to the Mysterious Stranger; low chance to have a Railroad Heavy appear in VATS.

Institute tools - [3X Gen]: Spawn an extra Synth when using Synth relay grenades / Give the spawned Synth a stats boost.

Missile - [Rocket League]: Small movement speed boost.

Plunger - [Rescued Princess]: Small jump boost.

Baby Rattle - [Raider Toy]: Reduced damage taken from Raiders.

Nuka-Cola - [Caffeine Fiend]: Agility boost.

Baseball Bat - [Veteran Swatter]: Endurance boost.

Some of these would probably be kind of tricky to implement, but it'd be funny to see any of them.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Read the first few lines and I'm like "wheres that download button!?".

In the wasteland, girls gotta improvise cos all the sex shops got vapourised. Not a single one left out there, but so many petrol/gas stations. What else could a petrol gun be used for now theres no need for petrol guns? Hmmmm, I think you already know haha. Thanks!

Edit: I didn't know what slot to use so I used 57. Does it matter which though? Last question: Can I rename the ESP incase I forget what DCC-BP-LOL stands for? I just wanna rename it to "Buttplugs Lol.esp".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Console, I was messing around and made some new designs for the perks given by the fusion core and feather duster perks. I tried replacing the original .swf files with these new ones, but for some reason they didn't appear in-game. I was hoping I could just give you the PSD files to replace the standard images as an alternate texture.

i like the tri-tool one, but not with the timer. i'd probably prefer it works more like the perk where you get more screws, springs, etc, when you scrap something.

i like the magnifying glass one. why only during the day though? you're shooting a laser producing its own light that could be focused.

Here are a few ideas for bonuses and items... use, ignore, change whatever suits you. XD

Thinking about the magnifying glass, at first I was thinking using the sun/light for bonus fire damage to any attack (an additional heat ray), but then to be thematic I considered a variation on the hunter legendary effect, doing extra fire damage to 'bug' types, just to be funny. This could be one with variations depending on what the user wanted. I can just imagine the firing position need to fire a laser through the glass though ...lol.

Does the bat do bonus melee damage? Would be really funny to see that extra 'swing'. Or maybe it could do something like the reflector, where it auto hits anyone who gets in range, or who hits you. Though, I almost feel like the bat should go the other way for that... ;p The 2D animation could show her spinning around with it in there, maybe bending over.

The cauterizer would be used to heal cuts, so maybe it could either auto heal if you get too low on health, or maybe heal a damaged limb once every so often/when needed (kind of excessive)? The limb healing is not too OP, since you are still hurt, but it's reaching for what it could really do, fun though.

The Tri tool could maybe making lock picking easier, or bonus items when breaking things down like the scrapper perk (oh, you said that part already).

Nuka Cola to make you SUPER! ...pervy (Sorry, One Piece joke).

Milk, bonus to calcium intake, makes bones harder to break! (or just an END bonus)

Carrot, better eyesight, perception bonus. and hornier like a bunny...

Toothbrush, Fresh 'Breath' perk, gives a CHA bonus?

Jar of Buffout for STR bonus?

a shrunk garden gnome for luck?

Maybe one of the sodas could grant an AGI bonus, Cherry maybe?

Vacuum Tube, bigger fuse, circuit board? Maybe some robot part, or other electronics for a hacking bonus? INT bonus?

Maybe a bobblehead for a matching stat bonus.

The paint brush could mimic the duster, or do the opposite leaving a trail for you to follow out? it could maybe work like the VANS perk, where it calls up a glowing trail. That's kind of dumb, but, not much else comes to mind, I like a variation on the duster perk best so far myself.

Sensor could mimic the targeting hud, or maybe just make it so you can see everyone near you on your compass, all the time, like the older games. The Motion Sensor or something like that from the turrets could work as well.

I am not sure what the Bowling pin should do, but shouldn't the perk be called striker?

Maybe some kind of gun (held upside-down by the grip), it could work like the Mysterious Stranger or just a two-shot legendary if that is too hard. The MS would be better though, then the damage for the extra attack could match the weapon used (too bad there is that limitation of using a weapon as a component, so you will only be able to have certain ones, but still).

The examiner could perhaps pop up an alert, or play a sound when your health gets low, maybe give a bonus to healing items too (because you better know how to use the meds).

Toy Rocket could be a boost to jump height and movement speeds (not really a 'toy' any more).

The Stimpack, I would think either a HP bonus, or extra healing from aid items.

Med-X could give you a dmg resist bonus.

Jet could give you an AP bonus (if it's not too small, maybe a bigger model).

Normally I would say the plunger should give a climbing bonus, but we can't do that here, so something like sticky fingers, maybe a bonus to pick pocketing? Kind of reaching there... It's that or some bonus to using dirty water?  Maybe extra HP when drinking dirty water, or less rads.

it would also be fun if we could put a pony tail on the power cores... (for a carrying capacity [Pack Horse] bonus?)

Maybe some of the various tools, wrench, screwdriver, hammer, etc... maybe it could allow you to build things a level above your rank in whatever skill was needed. Maybe each one grants a bonus to a different skill, one for gun nut, one for armorer, etc.

I'm thinking the plunger would act like the Wacky Wasteland perk, where sometimes certain enemies explode into Rabbids from the Rayman franchise or would otherwise spawn stupid shit like that Crimes Against Nature mod where people are grills and cats in boxes piloting robots. Because come on, who wouldn't laugh their ass off fighting a group of bipedal buoys that explode into cartoon rabbits while naked with a plunger sticking out from between their cheeks?

As for the bowling pin Striker perk, perhaps when a critical lands it causes a bowling pin sound to play and ragdolls all NPCs not in a player allied faction for a certain distance around where the shot landed? Say raiders are attacking Graygarden, and I land a critical hit on one of them. It ragdolls the raiders within ten yards but leaves the robots tending the greenhouse alone.

• 3 months later...

i like the tri-tool one, but not with the timer. i'd probably prefer it works more like the perk where you get more screws, springs, etc, when you scrap something.

i like the magnifying glass one. why only during the day though? you're shooting a laser producing its own light that could be focused.

Here are a few ideas for bonuses and items... use, ignore, change whatever suits you. XD

Thinking about the magnifying glass, at first I was thinking using the sun/light for bonus fire damage to any attack (an additional heat ray), but then to be thematic I considered a variation on the hunter legendary effect, doing extra fire damage to 'bug' types, just to be funny. This could be one with variations depending on what the user wanted. I can just imagine the firing position need to fire a laser through the glass though ...lol.

Does the bat do bonus melee damage? Would be really funny to see that extra 'swing'. Or maybe it could do something like the reflector, where it auto hits anyone who gets in range, or who hits you. Though, I almost feel like the bat should go the other way for that... ;p The 2D animation could show her spinning around with it in there, maybe bending over.

The cauterizer would be used to heal cuts, so maybe it could either auto heal if you get too low on health, or maybe heal a damaged limb once every so often/when needed (kind of excessive)? The limb healing is not too OP, since you are still hurt, but it's reaching for what it could really do, fun though.

The Tri tool could maybe making lock picking easier, or bonus items when breaking things down like the scrapper perk (oh, you said that part already).

Nuka Cola to make you SUPER! ...pervy (Sorry, One Piece joke).

Milk, bonus to calcium intake, makes bones harder to break! (or just an END bonus)

Carrot, better eyesight, perception bonus. and hornier like a bunny...

Toothbrush, Fresh 'Breath' perk, gives a CHA bonus?

Jar of Buffout for STR bonus?

a shrunk garden gnome for luck?

Maybe one of the sodas could grant an AGI bonus, Cherry maybe?

Vacuum Tube, bigger fuse, circuit board? Maybe some robot part, or other electronics for a hacking bonus? INT bonus?

Maybe a bobblehead for a matching stat bonus.

The paint brush could mimic the duster, or do the opposite leaving a trail for you to follow out? it could maybe work like the VANS perk, where it calls up a glowing trail. That's kind of dumb, but, not much else comes to mind, I like a variation on the duster perk best so far myself.

Sensor could mimic the targeting hud, or maybe just make it so you can see everyone near you on your compass, all the time, like the older games. The Motion Sensor or something like that from the turrets could work as well.

I am not sure what the Bowling pin should do, but shouldn't the perk be called striker?

Maybe some kind of gun (held upside-down by the grip), it could work like the Mysterious Stranger or just a two-shot legendary if that is too hard. The MS would be better though, then the damage for the extra attack could match the weapon used (too bad there is that limitation of using a weapon as a component, so you will only be able to have certain ones, but still).

The examiner could perhaps pop up an alert, or play a sound when your health gets low, maybe give a bonus to healing items too (because you better know how to use the meds).

Toy Rocket could be a boost to jump height and movement speeds (not really a 'toy' any more).

The Stimpack, I would think either a HP bonus, or extra healing from aid items.

Med-X could give you a dmg resist bonus.

Jet could give you an AP bonus (if it's not too small, maybe a bigger model).

Normally I would say the plunger should give a climbing bonus, but we can't do that here, so something like sticky fingers, maybe a bonus to pick pocketing? Kind of reaching there... It's that or some bonus to using dirty water?  Maybe extra HP when drinking dirty water, or less rads.

it would also be fun if we could put a pony tail on the power cores... (for a carrying capacity [Pack Horse] bonus?)

Maybe some of the various tools, wrench, screwdriver, hammer, etc... maybe it could allow you to build things a level above your rank in whatever skill was needed. Maybe each one grants a bonus to a different skill, one for gun nut, one for armorer, etc.

I'm thinking the plunger would act like the Wacky Wasteland perk, where sometimes certain enemies explode into Rabbids from the Rayman franchise or would otherwise spawn stupid shit like that Crimes Against Nature mod where people are grills and cats in boxes piloting robots. Because come on, who wouldn't laugh their ass off fighting a group of bipedal buoys that explode into cartoon rabbits while naked with a plunger sticking out from between their cheeks?

As for the bowling pin Striker perk, perhaps when a critical lands it causes a bowling pin sound to play and ragdolls all NPCs not in a player allied faction for a certain distance around where the shot landed? Say raiders are attacking Graygarden, and I land a critical hit on one of them. It ragdolls the raiders within ten yards but leaves the robots tending the greenhouse alone.

just picked up FO4 recently again and stumbled over this mod and i like to put in my own ideas into the basket.

Bowling Pin; Its realy impressive that you manage to fit that thing, maybe you can use this "talent" for something different; (increases carry weight)

and for the plunger, i throw in a mental wide swing in here and just say from the looks of it, it could kinda work as a stabiliser (or third leg if you prefer that ;P) and give better weapon stability when crouched.

as for other items im actualy kinda suprised that of all possible (and impossible) items Corn is not an option. other than that a Giddyup Buttercup leg maybe that could give bonus to AP regeneration

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I made a 'jeweled' skin for the fusion core to make it look a little more like a decorative buttplug.

It's a lot more noticeable on Power Armor than on the player character though. Maybe someone's still interested.

I also edited the .esp to give it a charisma bonus. Couldn't really think of good bonuses to add to every item though.

The plunger(Not the shorten one) should give weapon stability when squatting thus making aiming weapon more accuracy.

• 1 month later...

Nice job!

It is possible to add some players random talk? Commenting something about the plug in use?  And sounds? Some rattle sounds when walking,,,

And i hope you can solve the positioning issues... some plugs seem to be out of that place. :P

Anyway, congrats!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It looks like Dark is still active at least, although it looks like they're focusing more on SE at the moment.

I would personally love to see a lightbulb plug (skinny end) that lights up when you activate your pipboy light. As for the Nuka Quantum, I feel like it should give you AP refresh rather than energy resist.

This is a fun mod, I've actually got a reason to pick up some of the more random junk now! Thanks!

Content:

• All options from the download page
  • Cleaned plugin
  • MO support
  • English and German language (all other supported vanilla languages are english based dummy files)

Format:

• FOMOD using an XML installer script
  • Bain compatible directory structure (used in Wrye and for easier manual installation)

Change:

• Removed an unneeded FormList that caused imcompatibilities with mods like the AWKCR and AnS Wearable Backpacks unless one patched the mod or created a merged patch.

Usage:
install using NMM, Vortex or MO. Do NOT unpack into the games data folder as it wouldn't do a thing.

Preview:

Preview.jpg

Download:

Plugs of the Commonwealth V1.1.2.7Z

• 2 months later...

Idea... Mini Nuke = Suicide bomber.

Equipping a Mini Nuke is like being a suicide bomber, when you die you explode.

Equipping a follower or a settler, will do the same. Turn anyone into a suicide bomber...

Equipping grenades or other various bombs, will have a similar, but lesser effect.

A good mod to use, if your settlers are mortal and can be killed.

• 3 weeks later...