ok so i figured out you need to press 3 after this and start load.

only one profile so the number next is 0 then 1 to apply to game

it automaticly went to the mainmenu after.

is this the part where i start seeing custom pics in the load screens?

*Edit* i doesn't seem to be working i am getting some black load screens so maybe these are meant to be the custom pics?

either way i'm currently stuck again.

18 hours ago, StickHead69 said:

ok so i figured out you need to press 3 after this and start load.

only one profile so the number next is 0 then 1 to apply to game

it automaticly went to the mainmenu after.

is this the part where i start seeing custom pics in the load screens?

*Edit* i doesn't seem to be working i am getting some black load screens so maybe these are meant to be the custom pics?

I did mention that u might not see them 100% of the time, fast travel across the map to test them.

Small cells and going back and forth between cells will always result in a black screen, that is just how the game is programmed, it only assigns a loadscreen when a loadscreen will be long enough for the game to basically say "Hey this might take a while, have something nice to look at" lol.

In any case, as long as u followed my instructions exactly, I believe you've done it correctly, patience lad, gotta test these things before ye despair. :)

On 1/20/2019 at 6:41 PM, StickHead69 said:

ok so im getting some blank load screens means im still getting standard load screens.

i don't think this is a load screen replacer right?

anyway i'll be patient 

should i try playing a new save in order to test aswell?

2 hours ago, StickHead69 said:

ok so im getting some blank load screens means im still getting standard load screens.

i don't think this is a load screen replacer right?

anyway i'll be patient 

should i try playing a new save in order to test aswell?

Hmm, if your still getting default loadscreens than something has gone wrong, a new save shouldn't be necessary.

If you go into your data file, can you find a "GlevLoadScreens.esp"? this needs to be present in order for the screens to be loaded into the game, I'm trying to figure out if something has been misplaced anywhere, did you mess with or move any of the files before you found out how to use the black DOS menu? if you have, it might be better for you to just delete the mod entirely and start again, just to rule anything out.

EDIT: Whoa hang on a minute...  It looks like the mod has changed a bit since I downloaded this, I downloaded the latest folder to see what it looked like inside and there are several numbered folders in there that all have their own .esp, dafuk?

Ok... when u look in the black menu, is there an option to choose resolution? try doing this first, pick a resolution and see if it generates the esp itself, check the load order after.

If not I'm stumped, I don't remember it being like that. :/  I'm sure this mod is meant to be compatible with mod managers.

i have found the 'Glev's loadscreens.esp' in the data folder. i deleted all folders before starting again like you said before. 

i've create a new profile with 4k resolutions to test will see if this works.

you mentioned load order, should i have done this through the vortex mod installer?

i just tried to run everything through file explorer. that's the idea i got from the instructions on the mod page fyi.

i hope i haven't forgotten to mention anything here thanks for the help so far.

*Edit* when i go to the download page i get two files show up on with a name and an unnamed file i took the named file (text vs no text)

i've traveled from solitude to riften multiple times (with variations not just one after the other i read your instructions) still got nothing.

is there a loading screens file i should delete within the skyrim files?

9 hours ago, StickHead69 said:

i have found the 'Glev's loadscreens.esp' in the data folder. i deleted all folders before starting again like you said before. 

i've create a new profile with 4k resolutions to test will see if this works.

you mentioned load order, should i have done this through the vortex mod installer?

i just tried to run everything through file explorer. that's the idea i got from the instructions on the mod page fyi.

i hope i haven't forgotten to mention anything here thanks for the help so far.

*Edit* when i go to the download page i get two files show up on with a name and an unnamed file i took the named file (text vs no text)

i've traveled from solitude to riften multiple times (with variations not just one after the other i read your instructions) still got nothing.

is there a loading screens file i should delete within the skyrim files?

No, nothing in the game interferes with this mod vanilla wise, once you make and load a pic profile, the esp tells the game to load only the screens from the chosen profile, so if the mod were working at all you would either see your pics on a long loadscreen, or just a black screen if the game doesn't see fit to use one.

I personally got this mod working on Mod Organizer 2, and as far as I'm aware, a large portion of the community would recommend using a manager of some kind, if only for the ease and time efficiency, only the most tech savvy and daring modders try to mod without one, because if anything goes wrong and you can't find the problem, the only way to be certain you haven't borked anything yourself is to "Validate game files" in Steam, which will likely result in some mods being overwritten, as well as a whole slew of other trouble shooting aggravation.

I tried Vortex before, but before it was out of Beta phase I think, so it didn't suit my needs too well, but I think it's out of beta now so if you do try it let me know what its like ;)

Mod Organizer 1 and 2 allow you to install a mod into a list, and you can just tick a box to load or remove it from the game, it also offers many tools for troubleshooting, showing when certain types of code is misbehaving, mod conflicts, all sorts, you can even have a mods files loaded but it's esp turned off in case your trying to overwrite something deliberately.

But most importantly it uses something called a "Virtual Data Folder", which basically means that you can have all your mods in-game by running it through the manager, but without touching the actual game files, so when something goes wrong, you can just remove the offending object without accidentally ripping out parts of the vanilla game.

But sorry, I digress, I'll have to look at the instructions again and get back to you, it seems the mod has changed somewhat and the steps I took to use it before seem to no longer work, I need to refresh my memory on how it's done.

EDIT: So... you have an updated version of Windows with the correct version of Powershell right?

And when you downloaded the mod manually, you first "Extracted" the files with something like 7zip right? then placed them in the spots mentioned in the instructions at the top? I say 7zip cos I'm familiar with it, if you use winrar or anything like that I don't know how that works lol.

Oh, and just to be thorough, make sure you have "File Extensions" active on your computer, I think that can mess with things if it's inactive, it's what allows you to see things like .esp at the end of files, it should be active by default but still.

You've obviously done the profiling thing... so according to the instructions, it should be working... let me know if you've missed any of those steps.

Finally, sorry this is so long, good luck lol.

HAHAHA, YESSS!!!!!!!! BOW BEFORE ME THE GOD OF SMUTT!!!!!!!

i got it working m8 i took the esp out of the data folder through it in a copy of the loadscreen maker folder copied that!

then compressed it with winrar which is free!

put it with the other loose zipfolders from lovers lab on my hardrive, (i keep em seprate from nexus ones idk why)

load from file with Vortex and it took a while but its working now,

it's like midnight and im clapping like a small child fml!.

THANK YOU EVA, THE LOVELY SUCCUBUS ------ FOR BEING PATIENT WITH ME AND STICKING THROUGH IT WITH ME!!!!!!

(senpia noticed me!!! EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!)

i'm off to download the load screen fog remover cos fog looks like ass now

oh by the way - IS GLEV DEAD!!! 

like there was no input from him here so uhhh like iiis he alright or ...

6 hours ago, StickHead69 said:

HAHAHA, YESSS!!!!!!!! BOW BEFORE ME THE GOD OF SMUTT!!!!!!!

i got it working m8 i took the esp out of the data folder through it in a copy of the loadscreen maker folder copied that!

then compressed it with winrar which is free!

put it with the other loose zipfolders from lovers lab on my hardrive, (i keep em seprate from nexus ones idk why)

load from file with Vortex and it took a while but its working now,

it's like midnight and im clapping like a small child fml!.

THANK YOU EVA, THE LOVELY SUCCUBUS ------ FOR BEING PATIENT WITH ME AND STICKING THROUGH IT WITH ME!!!!!!

(senpia noticed me!!! EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!)

i'm off to download the load screen fog remover cos fog looks like ass now

oh by the way - IS GLEV DEAD!!! 

like there was no input from him here so uhhh like iiis he alright or ...

Lmao! I know the feeling when you finally get something to work that you've been trying to get working for ages. XD

No prob mate, to be honest, I probably just have too much time on my hands, but I'm happy to help people in the community, it's my way of giving back what I can as I'm not a mod creator myself.

As far as Glev goes, I've been following this mod for ages even after getting it to work myself, so I always get notifications when peeps comment on it, truth be told, if you look back in the thread, I've answered quite a lot of people who've had questions about this mod, so I suppose Glev doesn't feel the need to reply personally as I seem to have hijacked the job of advising people about it, so it might be my fault lol, but I'm sure it's a relief on his part anyway, so I doubt he minds haha.

I guess I just like being that guy who's like "Oh! oh me! I know how to do it!" lmao ?

Anyway, glad you got it working, I've never seen a mod work without the esp being directly in the Data folder before, the things modders are capable of nowadays... :)

4 hours ago, StickHead69 said:

well i imagine the esp did end up back in the data folder but Vortex was getting petty and wanted to put it in there for itself.

maybe i should write up the instructions for how we got it to work, GLev's are a bit sparing.

did you subscribe to pewdiepie!?

Did I subscribe to pewdiepie? lol that's random, but I've been subscribed for a long time, he's kinda like the bread and butter of youtube is he not? haha.

I dunno, I found Glevs instructions to be pretty to the point, as far as installing goes, it's just he doesn't go into much detail as to how his mod works on an internal level, which can help some people understand when they're doing something wrong at least.

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2019 at 10:28 PM, AnonAngelion said:

Did I subscribe to pewdiepie? lol that's random, but I've been subscribed for a long time, he's kinda like the bread and butter of youtube is he not? haha.

I dunno, I found Glevs instructions to be pretty to the point, as far as installing goes, it's just he doesn't go into much detail as to how his mod works on an internal level, which can help some people understand when they're doing something wrong at least. 

Haha I just caught up on this whole thread, AnnonAngelion really does a great job at responding to people on my mods.  I do have these topics followed but I guess i still somehow miss out on them as I just now saw this whole topic months later.  Right now I have alot of stuff going on irl so I don't check on LoversLab that often so I really do appreciate the help :)
I'd like to update this mod one day from the ground up and not have it use Powershell so its a bit more reliable but who knows when that will happen if ever lol.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:44 AM, animeman006 said:

so when i try to load my folder (667 images), I get this issue, all the images are in the proper format, this is on windows 7.

aaaaaaaa.png

Did you already create your loadscreen profile using the mod?  From the screen your on you should have already create a loadscreen profile which turns your pictures in loadscreen texture (dds) files.  I'd first verify the location of the profile you made (Default: Data\Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\profiles\PROFILENAME) has the files you created and they are the right format aka they are .dds files, in your case should be 667 .dds files, if they are any other file type (like jpg or png) then it won't work.  If the loadscreen profile folder does already contain DDS files then I think your issue is powershell on your PC.  Windows 7 comes with Powershell v2, but you can upgrade to Version 5 for free just download it from Microsoft's Website.  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54616

5 hours ago, Glev said:

Did you already create your loadscreen profile using the mod?  From the screen your on you should have already create a loadscreen profile which turns your pictures in loadscreen texture (dds) files.  I'd first verify the location of the profile you made (Default: Data\Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\profiles\PROFILENAME) has the files you created and they are the right format aka they are .dds files, in your case should be 667 .dds files, if they are any other file type (like jpg or png) then it won't work.  If the loadscreen profile folder does already contain DDS files then I think your issue is powershell on your PC.  Windows 7 comes with Powershell v2, but you can upgrade to Version 5 for free just download it from Microsoft's Website.  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54616

thanks, ill try the powershell thing.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:15 PM, Glev said:

Haha I just caught up on this whole thread, AnnonAngelion really does a great job at responding to people on my mods.  I do have these topics followed but I guess i still somehow miss out on them as I just now saw this whole topic months later.  Right now I have alot of stuff going on irl so I don't check on LoversLab that often so I really do appreciate the help :)
I'd like to update this mod one day from the ground up and not have it use Powershell so its a bit more reliable but who knows when that will happen if ever lol.

I figured you probs had stuff going on, no worries, happy to help when I have time lol.

If you want to, you can take whatever tips I've given people over time and sticky them if you can, I forget if you can do that on this site, I might be confusing with nexus, but the advice I've given some is quite lengthy, two specific things that come to mind are how to fix the bloom issues and certain installation tips, tho the latter may be out of date by now, when I tried to help the last fellow, I noticed the mods file structure looked different to how I remember it, I haven't updated myself for a long time so I doubt I can help with installation anymore, but the bloom fixes are sure to be helpful to other art connoisseurs who use windows lol. ;)

I wish you luck with life and future updates. :)

Hi so I just installed this mod, used MO2 but followed the instructions on the main page and loaded it through explorer like he said, and everything seemed to be going well, until I got into the game and this is the load screen that greeted me.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

20190322_174111.jpg

EDIT: Never mind, I fixed it, I redid it all but I made the files uncompressed.

Looking back at all the posts, that seems to be a running theme, I cant help but feel that there's something buggy with the Compress Pics option.

So ive been getting this to work all fine, and Im loving this mod, but I have a slight issue, the load screens have extreme bloom, making ligher coloured images a bit hard to see.
Does anyone have a fix for this? I dont have any ENB's if that helps.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:25 PM, hyper15 said:

So ive been getting this to work all fine, and Im loving this mod, but I have a slight issue, the load screens have extreme bloom, making ligher coloured images a bit hard to see.
Does anyone have a fix for this? I dont have any ENB's if that helps.

The author has said to me that installing "Loadscreen smoke remover" helps a good bit but to further reduce bloom, and I quote what I said on page 9 of this thread...

1) Open photos with the standard windows photo viewer and click "Edit, Organise or Share" in the top left of the picture frame, click desired photo for edit in the list that opens.

2) Then you should see an option in the middle of the tool bar above that says "Exposure" with a tiny arrow next to it, click the Arrow, and a list of 9 different shading levels will appear, click the one in the upper right, this will give bright photos a lot more balanced lighting.

3) You can also click "Fine Tuning" just to the right of Exposure to of course tweak the shadows and highlights to your liking.

4) If color temperature feels to bluish to you, or too redish, you can click the arrow next to "Color" to change the color filter to a more blue, red or even green shade, green isn't ideal tho, never looks good with anything I've tried.

5) Finally, when your finished, you should be able to just click the red X on the upper right of the window to exit, it should automatically save changes to the picture and if you wish to change photo back to original, you can open it up and press "Revert to Original" next to the X.

Then just make a profile containing the pics with this mod.

Annnnnd bingo! Now thine eyes are open, for you are no longer blinded by the radiance of glorious loadscreens! Huzzah! :tongue:

• 5 months later...

So, the mod worked allright!Thanks

Do i still need the original/source pictures in my hard drive after the creation of the esp or i can just delete them?They are of no other use for me since i only dled them for making the load screens!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 4:51 PM, PeterForFun said:

So, the mod worked allright!Thanks

Do i still need the original/source pictures in my hard drive after the creation of the esp or i can just delete them?They are of no other use for me since i only dled them for making the load screens!

No you can delete them, they are just used to create the texture files for the loading screens.  Personally I keep them around as its not super easy/intutivate to add images to existing profiles later.

On 9/19/2019 at 10:11 AM, baichi23 said:

Great Mod.  Love it.  

I do have one request.  Can you do a 2560x1440 res option?

Glad you like it!  When I made the latest version of this mod however long ago that was, I had thought that would be impossible though now re-thinking about it I think it could work.  Though to be honest I don't really have any time to spend working on projects like this, at least for now so I doubt it'll get added anytime soon if at all.  If I do update this mod I'll make sure to look into this a bit more though.  I do have a list of things I want to improve on this mod but just don't have the time right now to dedicate to it.

I too have a 1440p monitor that I play on, I just set the resolution to 4k, obviously it takes up a lot of space that way but at least the images look clear :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...