[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

9 hours ago, Klaus I Love You said:

I think the scripted effects for the potion shop are broken. Instead of going from worst to best (breasts/dicks), it seems random now? Basically  my character went from F cups to A-, and it seemed to think my character had micro tits, not F cups.

Yeah, there was one mistake which impacted only that size of breasts that would result in the A- size when using a potion. The fix will be in the next release.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:32 PM, dewguru said:

Yeah, there was one mistake which impacted only that size of breasts that would result in the A- size when using a potion. The fix will be in the next release.

I actually have the same problem with dick size. upgrading from XL gives me a micro_dick instead of the XXL.  Also when I die and take on the next heir it doesn't want to assign me a dick size, even after a year or two of waiting. Eventually I get tired of waiting and go to the potion shop and try and 'upgrade' it even though it isn't there and with a variable for the dick size between 4-6 in the charinfo screen the first potion always behaves as if I have a micro_dick and starts upgrading from there.

I should probably mention I tweak some values in the mod to better fit my playstyle, like inherit chance for the race traits, fertility rate for the races, small things like that, but I do leave the breast and dick size stuff alone, so I don't think I broke anything.

Edit: I guess the dw_junk_check isn't going off, for me or any other npcs who are not adults already at game start. I removed all my mods, downloaded a fresh version of DW, started a new game and the problem is still there.

On 1/30/2018 at 5:01 PM, Alaratt said:

I actually have the same problem with dick size. upgrading from XL gives me a micro_dick instead of the XXL.  Also when I die and take on the next heir it doesn't want to assign me a dick size, even after a year or two of waiting. Eventually I get tired of waiting and go to the potion shop and try and 'upgrade' it even though it isn't there and with a variable for the dick size between 4-6 in the charinfo screen the first potion always behaves as if I have a micro_dick and starts upgrading from there.

I should probably mention I tweak some values in the mod to better fit my playstyle, like inherit chance for the race traits, fertility rate for the races, small things like that, but I do leave the breast and dick size stuff alone, so I don't think I broke anything.

Edit: I guess the dw_junk_check isn't going off, for me or any other npcs who are not adults already at game start. I removed all my mods, downloaded a fresh version of DW, started a new game and the problem is still there.

Yeah, I created the one and then copied and changed traits. It looks like the issue was in the original one as it skips a check for the huge size, and when it sees none, defaults to tiny.

Edit #2 - I just finished doing a test. It's not a variable issue - the variables are there. The issue is a bad variable name check. I'll get a fix posted tomorrow.

Update has been posted that fixes some issues. It should be save game compatible.

v1.62 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Fixed an issue with huge breast sizes shrinking (a lot) instead of growing with the alchemist potion
    - Fixed an issue with huge dick sizes shrinking (a lot) instead of growing with the alchemist potion
    - Fixed an issue where I was doing a check on a non-existent variable name, which was resulting in kids not getting dick traits on adulthood.
    - Fixed the effectFile = "gfx/FX/portrait.lua" error.log issue that noxbestia shared.
    - Fixed a check on a potion that wasn't appearing

1 hour ago, Santr said:

Is there something I can edit so that children of human-nonhuman pairing are only 10% likely to be born of their non-human parent's race (appearance)?

DWCore event files, specificly DWCore.8000 and later for the ones not tied to trait inheritance. For the rest dw_traits in Common/traits. Simply find the trait and change inherit_chance  = X to inherit_chance  = 10.

Thanks, Zia.

@dewguru Would you consider adding a decision (always active) that would randomize player character's custom portrait (for races that have one, of course)? Similar in function to the decision the player can use when starting with on of the campaigns from your mod - but limited to portraits.

It's just that the random portrait one gets from campaign decision isn't always preferable, and saving/reloading takes quite a while with a heavily modded game.

2 hours ago, Santr said:

Thanks, Zia.

@dewguru Would you consider adding a decision (always active) that would randomize player character's custom portrait (for races that have one, of course)? Similar in function to the decision the player can use when starting with on of the campaigns from your mod - but limited to portraits.

It's just that the random portrait one gets from campaign decision isn't always preferable, and saving/reloading takes quite a while with a heavily modded game.

Step 1: Find out what number the portrait is that you have at C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\Dark World Reborn\gfx\static_portraits. They are numbered albeit no number is shown. There are 26 portraits per file. The numbers have no leading zeroes.

Step 2: Open console via § (on some keyboard layouts use left ALT + 21)

Step 3: remove_trait portraitNUMBER

Step 4: add_trait portraitNUMBER

1 hour ago, Lord of Grain said:

Tentacle-kin still popup even when I set the rule to disabled, reason why I set that is, married women kept getting executed for mothering bastards. 

The reason is a submod (don't remember which from the top ot my head) that enables the tentacle rape targeted decision. When a woman is targeted typically 9 month after a baby tentacle pops out and that by definition is a bastard.

I was looking through the files to try to figure out what some of the things did, and noticed a bug: the kidnapping event seems to only compare the intrigue stats of spymaster to spymaster, and doesn't take into account the target's own intrigue score. I might be misreading the code, though.

job_spymaster = {
                    attribute_diff = {
                        character = event_target:dw_kidnap_target_spymaster
                        attribute = intrigue
                        value = 10
                    }
                }

This was 1.61, but it wasn't mentioned in the 1.62 notes, so I presume it hasn't been fixed.

EDIT: Apparently I was misunderstanding

6 hours ago, powerofvoid said:

I was looking through the files to try to figure out what some of the things did, and noticed a bug: the kidnapping event seems to only compare the intrigue stats of spymaster to spymaster, and doesn't take into account the target's own intrigue score. I might be misreading the code, though.

job_spymaster = {
                    attribute_diff = {
                        character = event_target:dw_kidnap_target_spymaster
                        attribute = intrigue
                        value = 10
                    }
                }

This was 1.61, but it wasn't mentioned in the 1.62 notes, so I presume it hasn't been fixed.

Not an error. More a failure on your interpretation.

On a basic kidnapping attempt - all things even, you've a 25% chance of your spymaster being successful.

From there, you've got 3 different failure chances. One is if the spymaster gets involved - which in turn has it's own result table, with the worst possible outcomes (death of your spymaster). The opposing spymaster has a 25% chance to get involved, which is modified by the opposing spymaster's intrigue. Higher, more likely, lower, less likely.

You code snippet is ONLY from the portion of the code that looks to see if the spymaster is more or less likely to become involved.

I double-checked the failure options that don't involve the opposing spymaster, and they're all proper (using an intrigue check against event_target:dw_kidnap_target).

Please consider refraining from posting things like this in the future, where your lack of understanding how something is coded works. I've now spent 30 minutes of my morning going through my code to double-check things for an error that doesn't exist, solely because you don't understand how to read it.

6 hours ago, lerioandfg said:

Hey.

I downloaded Christianity mod as well and it is not compatible.

Do you know a way to get it compatible or should I just not enable it at all?

(I saw Christianity overrides a lot of CK2 files, while you don't, dunno if that is the reason)

What kind of compatibility issue are you running into?

I know others have run both in the past. The only thing that used to not work well together was the breast sizes, but that was addressed in the past by deferring to Christianity's system.

46 minutes ago, dewguru said:

What kind of compatibility issue are you running into?

I know others have run both in the past. The only thing that used to not work well together was the breast sizes, but that was addressed in the past by deferring to Christianity's system.

Dick traits won't get assigned.

Haven't run into anything else, for as far as I know.

@genericlogin Don't know why it doesn't work for me.

I have the newest versions of everything.

Will redownload everything.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.35c8dcae6be3df117edb1fc366328d05.png1

35 minutes ago, genericlogin said:

I just played through a few years with both Christianity Mod and Dark World Reborn active and saw no problems. Make sure you've got the latest versions of everything:

CK2 2.8.1.1

Dark World Reborn 1.62

Christianity Mod 1.8.0

Just reinstalled the mods.

Disabled all other mods except Christianity and Dark World

Using CK2 2.8.1.1 with all DLC.

The only problem I see is that there are no dick traits.

There may be more.

7 minutes ago, lerioandfg said:

Just reinstalled the mods.

Disabled all other mods except Christianity and Dark World

Using CK2 2.8.1.1 with all DLC.

The only problem I see is that there are no dick traits.

There may be more.

I'm not seeing any dick_size variable shown, which would be the issue.

Why it isn't generating is another issue. I'm not seeing anything that would prevent it. The action that builds the variables and that assigns dick traits should be working.

Try using the console to run event DWCore.19 (assigns variables) and then DWCore.10 to give them (a male or futa would be required) a dick trait and see what it does. If .19 doesn't result in a variable being created, and .10 doesn't add the trait - then something about your installation would appear to be messed up if you're only running the current Christianity/Dark World, and CK2.

4 hours ago, dewguru said:

I'm not seeing any dick_size variable shown, which would be the issue.

Why it isn't generating is another issue. I'm not seeing anything that would prevent it. The action that builds the variables and that assigns dick traits should be working.

Try using the console to run event DWCore.19 (assigns variables) and then DWCore.10 to give them (a male or futa would be required) a dick trait and see what it does. If .19 doesn't result in a variable being created, and .10 doesn't add the trait - then something about your installation would appear to be messed up if you're only running the current Christianity/Dark World, and CK2.

Yeah, I noticed that the variable was missing.

It isn't missing when I play just DW:R though.

I can add_trait (dick trait) in console.

DWCore.19 creates dick variables when fired through console.