[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

46 minutes ago, theman221 said:

Hello, really enjoying the mod so far,

Just wanted to ask, is it possible to change the area in which Fenris spawns after I've started a game through the console commands?

Thanks!

If you've already started a game, he should have already spawned somewhere and won't spawn a second time. 

If he hasn't died, you can find him by searching his name in the Character Finder--if you want to move him somewhere, go to the console commands and type in charinfo. Then mouse over Fenris' portrait to see his character number. Then type in "move <Fenris' character number>"

Hope that helps!

Used singularly it does not.

The console command forces fenris to move to YOUR court. And that is bad news for the player as fenris has one-time events attached to him to replace the liege he spawns under which in turn means the end of the game. That's why DW makes sure Fenris and Vladimir do NOT spawn in the players court.

One can circumvent this by loading into another leader first before using the command so fenris ends up in another court but culture and religion are set at his spawn so he'll be an alien werewolf until the console commands "religion <Fenris' ID> RELIGION" and "culture <Fenris' ID> CULTURE> are used as well.

The cultural surname Fenris gets assigned at spawn can't be changed via console commands.

9 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Used singularly it does not.

The console command forces fenris to move to YOUR court. And that is bad news for the player as fenris has one-time events attached to him to replace the liege he spawns under which in turn means the end of the game. That's why DW makes sure Fenris and Vladimir do NOT spawn in the players court.

One can circumvent this by loading into another leader first before using the command so fenris ends up in another court but culture and religion are set at his spawn so he'll be an alien werewolf until the console commands "religion <Fenris' ID> RELIGION" and "culture <Fenris' ID> CULTURE> are used as well.

The cultural surname Fenris gets assigned at spawn can't be changed via console commands.

There is a failsafe in Fenris' takeover event if he is in your court, in which case rather than replacing his liege (the player) he moves to another court. But yes, if you want him in a specific court you'll need to switch to that ruler and then use the console command above. 

6 hours ago, ngppgn said:

Can you not do "move <fenris id> <id of desired employer>" directly?

Allegedly yes.

Thing is it works not as reliably as it sounds it would. And when the player slips up he can have weirdnesses like the new employer under the command of fenris or fenris moving to the court of the newborn boy of an indian ruler because of a similar ID.

Loading into the intended new employer and use the simpler command instead of the more complex command is the safer way.

Hrm, I may delay the release. I think I need to include an option for members to try and recruit others into their societies (Arcane College or Chosen of Lilith), as I notice that they've difficulties maintaining any kind of membership simply via voluntary interest (assuming the ai even considers whether or not to show interest in a society without being invited).

Or I suppose I could just release what I've got and look to do another small update once that's added.

Bah. Good/bad news.

Good news: I got struck by a really constructive streak yesterday.

Bad news: It'll probably delay release as I need to wrap up things and test things. But if the streak continues, something may still come out late tonight.

Current change log for the upcoming release:

v1.58 (Dark World Reborn)
    - WARNING - THIS UPDATE IS NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - Adds a new trait that can be earned through different events (it's a negative trait)
    - Correction to brothel visit code that wasn't working correctly (the Shantae special event).
    - Updated several pictures to the larger format.
    - Tweaked Lilith's worship buildings to where you can now be able to build one as a member of the Chosen of Lilith (previously had to be an incubus or succubus).
    - Added Lilith worship building options for both Nomads and Merchant Republic (previously existed for just Feudal and Tribal).
    - Added a Lilith offmap empire that right now is limited in its functionality, but it'll be tied into both Chosen of Lilith society play, and Succubus/Incubus play in the future.
    - Chosen of Lilith now have a potential event that can fire on an annual check once they've reached the second stage (building a place of Worship to Lilith)
    - Some tweaks to the Horse Stable event,  including some new events.
    - Added ai_check_interval to several decisions, to change them from the ai looking at them monthly, to a different interval (usually once a year)
    - Some new scripted_effects and scripted_triggers to support different things and to clean-up others

14 hours ago, rance said:

Will it be possible to fuck Lillith in one way or another? ¦D

Not right out of the gate with what gets released. What's coming out is more a grand placeholder at the moment, with just some customization to likes/dislikes and stuff like that.

And when it is added, there will definitely be some risk involved. For example, if you fail to satisfy her, you'd not leave her domain unscathed - if you're permitted to leave at all (potential game over for that ruler - so ensure you've a heir). While if you do satisfy her, a gain in favor that could go towards purchasing a boon.

4 hours ago, dewguru said:

Not right out of the gate with what gets released. What's coming out is more a grand placeholder at the moment, with just some customization to likes/dislikes and stuff like that.

And when it is added, there will definitely be some risk involved. For example, if you fail to satisfy her, you'd not leave her domain unscathed - if you're permitted to leave at all (potential game over for that ruler - so ensure you've a heir). While if you do satisfy her, a gain in favor that could go towards purchasing a boon.

I like the sound of that. Keep being awesome, Dewguru.

I've been testing out the next release. It's looking pretty good so far. I'm hoping to wrap it up and post it before the weekend.

Here's the present change log.

- WARNING - THIS UPDATE IS NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - Adds a new trait that can be earned through different events (it's a negative trait)
    - Correction to brothel visit code that wasn't working correctly (the Shantae special event).
    - Updated several pictures to the larger format.
    - Tweaked Lilith's worship buildings to where you can now be able to build one as a member of the Chosen of Lilith (previously had to be an incubus or succubus).
    - Added Lilith worship building options for both Nomads and Merchant Republic (previously existed for just Feudal and Tribal).
    - Added a Lilith offmap empire that right now is limited in its functionality, but it'll be tied into both Chosen of Lilith society play, and Succubus/Incubus play in the future.
    - Chosen of Lilith now have a potential event that can fire on an annual check once they've reached the second stage (building a place of Worship to Lilith)
    - Some tweaks to the Horse Stable event, to include some new events.
    - Added ai_check_interval to several decisions, to change them from the ai looking at them monthly, to a different interval (usually once a year)
    - Some new scripted_effects and scripted_triggers to support different things and to clean-up others
    - Tweaks to selling slaves based on some submitted code ideas by Veedanya that I've modified
    - Fixed the issue with the brothel not paying whores

35 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I've been testing out the next release. It's looking pretty good so far. I'm hoping to wrap it up and post it before the weekend.

Here's the present change log.

- Fixed the issue with the brothel not paying whores

Very important fix.  Every pimp hates it when his whores aren't paid.

Does anyone plays with non-lilith societis? I have with wierd lilith events pop-ups (corruption of soul, lilith orgies and stuff) no matter of my character society. I know corruption of soul is common for all 'evil' worshipers but I'm getting those no matter of personal involvement. No matter if I'm suomi chieftain carving up stone tablets, taoist vassal of western protectorate working on removing craven trait or even venetian patrician *poof* you are corrupted from abuse of magic use. :open_mouth: I think there is a missing check somewhere for player actual involvement in cult and players gets events\traits for AI actions. 
Anyone experiences such game behavior?

3 hours ago, Mega said:

Does anyone plays with non-lilith societis? I have with wierd lilith events pop-ups (corruption of soul, lilith orgies and stuff) no matter of my character society. I know corruption of soul is common for all 'evil' worshipers but I'm getting those no matter of personal involvement. No matter if I'm suomi chieftain carving up stone tablets, taoist vassal of western protectorate working on removing craven trait or even venetian patrician *poof* you are corrupted from abuse of magic use. :open_mouth: I think there is a missing check somewhere for player actual involvement in cult and players gets events\traits for AI actions. 
Anyone experiences such game behavior?

I think you're not talking about my mod personally.

I've not yet added any real events for societies in what has been released so far. The only orgy type event I've added is when you join up, and there is no reason it should be firing at all for anything else.

Are you certain you're not playing with one of the base game 'devil' societies? There are like six of them and most of them reuse the same events - to include orgies and the corruption of soul.

Also - are you using the latest version of CK2?

35 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I think you're not talking about my mod personally.

I've not yet added any real events for societies in what has been released so far. The only orgy type event I've added is when you join up, and there is no reason it should be firing at all for anything else.

Are you certain you're not playing with one of the base game 'devil' societies? There are like six of them and most of them reuse the same events - to include orgies and the corruption of soul.

Also - are you using the latest version of CK2?

You are absolutely right. I'm sure that not a Dark Word issue, so that why I've asked if someone met such things in their play.
I have everything except Sunset invasion and unit graphics.

I play 'normal' game with vassal-type characters and using different societies, turning to dark side when stuff goes bad with liege or relatives. Its just odd to see "Fellow lilith member offering to join some orgy" when my character is hermit, gathering herbs for lab stuff. All my main player characters are lisp, hunchback, cruel, arbirtary, possesed and lunatics in some short time as if I was spamming dark powers usage. And those are base game stuff traits and abilities.

Right now I have DW:R with christianity + toska + noxibestia. Also some support mobs like bigger events, compatibility and personal castle. 
Well I hate to ask for non-determined issue in your thread, and I think i might be some overrides with other mods possibly. I'll reinstall all the stuff after 1.58, just want to locate the issue.

6 minutes ago, Mega said:

You are absolutely right. I'm sure that not a Dark Word issue, so that why I've asked if someone met such things in their play.
I have everything except Sunset invasion and unit graphics.

I play 'normal' game with vassal-type characters and using different societies, turning to dark side when stuff goes bad with liege or relatives. Its just odd to see "Fellow lilith member offering to join some orgy" when my character is hermit, gathering herbs for lab stuff. All my main player characters are lisp, hunchback, cruel, arbirtary, possesed and lunatics in some short time as if I was spamming dark powers usage. And those are base game stuff traits and abilities.

Right now I have DW:R with christianity + toska + noxibestia. Also some support mobs like bigger events, compatibility and personal castle. 
Well I hate to ask for non-determined issue in your thread, and I think i might be some overrides with other mods possibly. I'll reinstall all the stuff after 1.58, just want to locate the issue.

I can't say for certain - but I thought I saw where some folks said something about noxbestia I think having some issues - and that it's not 2.8 ready? Of course, that might no longer be an issue - but from what you mentioned - it's the only one that raises a memory about a potential issue that was needing to be addressed. And of course that was discussion among users - I don't know if Nox would agree, although a quick look at his mod home page says it's for an older version of CK2 and Dark World - although a quick look at recent discussion in that support thread doesn't raise anything about the issue, so it might not be Nox's causing the issue.

I've probably tested Dark World more in the past two weeks than I've done in half a year, and I've not seen anything like what you're describing.

The only thing I could recommend is taking a look at the support threads for the different mods you're using and see if anyone else is seeing a similar issue. And if they're not - some folks have resolved quirks like this by doing the Steam installation verification thing (where it checks to ensure your files for the game aren't messed up), then they delete the mod folder and reinstall the mods. Same mods - just redoing everything and it's fixed similar issues for multiple folks.

6 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I can't say for certain - but I thought I saw where some folks said something about noxbestia I think having some issues - and that it's not 2.8 ready? Of course, that might no longer be an issue - but from what you mentioned - it's the only one that raises a memory about a potential issue that was needing to be addressed. And of course that was discussion among users - I don't know if Nox would agree, although a quick look at his mod home page says it's for an older version of CK2 and Dark World - although a quick look at recent discussion in that support thread doesn't raise anything about the issue, so it might not be Nox's causing the issue.

I've probably tested Dark World more in the past two weeks than I've done in half a year, and I've not seen anything like what you're describing.

The only thing I could recommend is taking a look at the support threads for the different mods you're using and see if anyone else is seeing a similar issue. And if they're not - some folks have resolved quirks like this by doing the Steam installation verification thing (where it checks to ensure your files for the game aren't messed up), then they delete the mod folder and reinstall the mods. Same mods - just redoing everything and it's fixed similar issues for multiple folks.

3 minutes ago, Mega said:

Right.

Thanks.

Currently my Darkest Perversions mod is NOT updated.  I have been actively working on the base code, but I'm waiting for the upcoming Dark World Reborn release before I look at some parts of it.

Just a social post (not a bug report)

I was doing my thing over in the east - turning tibet into pasture land for my horses - when I got a message about the norse reformation with a curious portrait in the corner.

Spoiler

vlad.thumb.jpg.78b0ca67dc9a90f8bdb66e935e888ea1.jpg