[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

The Franciscan order asked me to donate money to charity and doing so granted me 200 favor with Lilith's Eden.

The normal donate to charity decision (when it's not a miission) doesn't grant Lilith favor.

I guess I should also mention that the children of Lilith keep asking me to sacrifice people but that doesn't seem to be an option.

37 minutes ago, Spoink said:

The Franciscan order asked me to donate money to charity and doing so granted me 200 favor with Lilith's Eden.

The normal donate to charity decision (when it's not a miission) doesn't grant Lilith favor.

I guess I should also mention that the children of Lilith keep asking me to sacrifice people but that doesn't seem to be an option.

The sacrifice a person is a generic devil worshiper quest. It's best to not take those unless you've folks to sacrifice, otherwise it'll linger as an open quest. I'll likely be changing this in the future to be Lilith like instead of the generic devil worshiper one. The way it's supposed to work is you get tasked with sacrificing someone, such as a dwarf, and your character gets assigned a quest tag. When you kill a dwarf, it looks to see if the person who sacrificed them has a quest tag, and if so, it completes it. I've got to admit - from my initial Society play prior to making the mod - this quest chain was the one I liked the least.

No idea why the Franciscan order would grant you favor with Lilith's Eden. Did it say it was for Lilith's Eden in the event body? If so, I might have overwrote a localization by accident. The currency for Lilith's offmap (Favor) is different from the vanilla values, as they use grace I believe for China, and I created specific scripted_effects to add to or detract from Lilith's Favor rating, so I couldn't see them being called in any way.

I'll be releasing an update late tonight.

Current change log.

v1.59 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Updated the Dark World society (Chosen of Lilith and Arcane College) corruption chances. Those already tied to corruptive energies are better able to resist them, while those tied to positive energies are more susceptible.
    - Fixed an issue where the Chosen of Lilith - build a place of worship event could fire more than once for a member.
    - Fixed a potential looping issue in dw_scripted_triggers (Thanks to Spoink who located the issue)
    - Fixed where the vanilla kowtow event no longer seen on Lilith's Offmap (Custom offmap code contributed by ngppgn)

Okay so I know this may not be the perfect place to post this, but I know a lot of modders frequent this thread. I'm having an issue that whenever I set my succession to enatic or enatic-cognatic, it immediately goes to agnatic. My usual immortal Succubus Queen is being plagued with male heirs. I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I have all DLC and this is my mod load out. 

A Sensible New Family
Alternate early Frankish units
Artifact Aquisition Only
Assassin's Creed Mod
Autobuild
Bigger Events.
CPR plus Cultures and Portraits Redone
Chinese Cultural Titles
Christanity Mod
Cleaner Karlings
Darkworld Expanded Slavery v.05
Dark World Beyond Heresy
Dark World Reborn v1.57
Dark World Toska v1.42
Eugenics Mod
Fairy Invasion
Family Heirlooms
Fantasia- A New Dawn
Fixed WOL
Historical Events Pack
Idiosyncrasy
Improved early units
Improved midgame Arabic units.
Improved midgame Western units
Legendary Bloodlines
Magnum Opus 2nd Edition
Military Order late units
Multiple Magnum Opus for Immoertals
Naughty AGOT(removed the AGOT dependency)
No Hassles Vassals 2.0
Patrion Deities
Reformed Pagan Hermetics
Restore Rome as Any religion
Return of the Amazonians
Roman Invasion
Ruler Designer Unlocked!
Same Gender Succession
Sargon says
School of Sappho
Send to Varangian Guard
Sin's Young Love
Sketchy Cheat Menu
Sketchy Traits
The Gods 2.4
True Eugenics
Turtle's Extra Traits and Other Stuff
University
Wizarding World
Zoroastrian Invasion

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

I'll be releasing an update late tonight.

Current change log.

- Updated the Dark World society (Chosen of Lilith and Arcane College) corruption chances. Those already tied to corruptive energies are better able to resist them, while those tied to positive energies are more susceptible.
    - Fixed an issue where the Chosen of Lilith - build a place of worship event could fire more than once for a member.
    - Fixed a potential looping issue in dw_scripted_triggers (Thanks to Spoink who located the issue)
    - Fixed where the vanilla kowtow event no longer seen on Lilith's Offmap (Custom offmap code contributed by ngppgn)

Thanks for getting a fix out so quickly. The amount of time you put into your mod is much appreciated, and one of the many reasons it's still my favorite adult mod.

I was wondering if you or anyone else here knows if there is a way to remove the Chinese Empire and keep only the Lilith Empire. Reason I ask is I'm trying my hand at writing an event chain for interacting with the Lilith Empire, but having the Chinese Empire seems to be screwing it up. 

Another idea I had (And I have no idea how to do this) is to somehow tie the Bloodmoon ritual into gaining favor with the Lilith Empire. As it stands, unless you really need piety, there is little reason to keep doing the Bloodmoon event once you're immortal, so I thought it would be cool if hosting it gained you even a small amount of favor.

40 minutes ago, R0nin78 said:

Thanks for getting a fix out so quickly. The amount of time you put into your mod is much appreciated, and one of the many reasons it's still my favorite adult mod.

I was wondering if you or anyone else here knows if there is a way to remove the Chinese Empire and keep only the Lilith Empire. Reason I ask is I'm trying my hand at writing an event chain for interacting with the Lilith Empire, but having the Chinese Empire seems to be screwing it up. 

Another idea I had (And I have no idea how to do this) is to somehow tie the Bloodmoon ritual into gaining favor with the Lilith Empire. As it stands, unless you really need piety, there is little reason to keep doing the Bloodmoon event once you're immortal, so I thought it would be cool if hosting it gained you even a small amount of favor.

If you're hitting China by accident a lot, try to ensure you're targeting offmap_lilith whenever you try to interact with Lilith's Eden.

I'll be doing a few things between existing Succubus/Incubus play, the Chosen of Lilith, and the Lilith Offmap in terms of interaction. And I agree - once you obtain immortality, having a Blood Moon diminishes in importance, so part of the rework will be adding a reason to still consider having one.

1.59 has been posted, which primarily fixes.

WARNING: This is compatible with save games that started with 1.58. If you've a save game that was started with a version prior to 1.58 - then this WILL break your save game.

Change Log:

Side note on the next release - there is a thread where genericlogin (Christianity mod) and ngppgn (various contributions) discussed using the new variable system for breast size. It's pretty neat and takes into account the male also being able to have a 'breast variable' that can be used in determining the potential rack size of their child. I plan on using it and a version for dicks as well. It would have been in this release, but I wanted to get the loop issue addressed, as crashes are bad.

19 hours ago, Spoink said:

It's from reborn.

Here is a hotfix, throw it into

Dark World Reborn\common\scripted_triggers

(the definitions of is_obedient_slave and is_disobedient_slave reference one another creating an infinite loop)

dw_scripted_triggers.txt

4 hours ago, dewguru said:

1.59 has been posted, which primarily fixes.

WARNING: This is compatible with save games that started with 1.58. If you've a save game that was started with a version prior to 1.58 - then this WILL break your save game.

Change Log:

Side note on the next release - there is a thread where genericlogin (Christianity mod) and ngppgn (various contributions) discussed using the new variable system for breast size. It's pretty neat and takes into account the male also being able to have a 'breast variable' that can be used in determining the potential rack size of their child. I plan on using it and a version for dicks as well. It would have been in this release, but I wanted to get the loop issue addressed, as crashes are bad.

Many Thanks =D

45 minutes ago, R0nin78 said:

I'm still getting sent on missions to sacrifice virgins as a member of the Lilith Society and obviously can't complete them, because the society members have no such power.

Ah I see, it's a decision that is missing. I'll address that. Thank you for bringing it back up.

5 hours ago, rokstar said:

Can we have an option to castrate futas in the upcoming versions? btw, thanks for the nice work and consistently developing it. 

I've no plans for adding something like that. I do believe one of the sub-mods includes a mechanism for that though.

@dewguru I have not 100% ruled out something on my end, but on 2 different computers whenever I try to sell a pleasure slave (haven't tried other slave types) I get a CTD.  This is without any of my mods active, but I am running/testing my repaired version of @zia's Dark World Slavery Expanded.  I have not yet found anything in it that would be causing the issue.

1 minute ago, noxbestia said:

@dewguru I have not 100% ruled out something on my end, but on 2 different computers whenever I try to sell a pleasure slave (haven't tried other slave types) I get a CTD.  This is without any of my mods active, but I am running/testing my repaired version of @zia's Dark World Slavery Expanded.  I have not yet found anything in it that would be causing the issue.

I've been doing some tests today, and I just built a slavery building so I'll run some tests on my own. I believe when I tested the sale code originally, that it was for just a commoner slaves as I had some pretty undesirables.

7 hours ago, dewguru said:

I've been doing some tests today, and I just built a slavery building so I'll run some tests on my own. I believe when I tested the sale code originally, that it was for just a commoner slaves as I had some pretty undesirables.

I've just completed taking a slave trained for pleasure and selling her. Everything worked as expected.

I keep getting asked to sacrifice a dwarf for the Lilith society. However, once I've got hold of a dwarf, there's no "sacrifice" character action available when right-clicking on his portrait. I tried sacrificing him during the blood moon ritual, but that doesn't count. I'm guessing this is a copy/paste error from the devil worshipper society.

41 minutes ago, TriggerBlade said:

Can you tell me which ones? I haven't been getting any crashing.

I've tested the following submods which are listed in the main DW thread:

Dark World - Slavery Expanded - by Zia: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/64256-dark-world-slavery-expanded/ (Will not work with CK2 2.8.X or the latest DW)
Dark World Reborn: Toska - by Toska: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/67316-ck2-dark-world-reborn-toska-submod/ (Lilith Society is horribly broken and bleeds over)
Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions - by Noxbestia: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/71845-noxbestias-darkest-perversions/ (Lots of problems + too much unfinished content)
DW - The Mercenary Commander - by Mr Treason: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/72852-ck2-dw-the-mercenary-commander/ (Works perfectly)
Dark World - Beyond Heresy - by Aliris http://www.loverslab.com/topic/74294-dark-world-beyond-heresy/ (Doesn't work. Pretty sure Alris stopped working on it.)

I haven't tested the Extra Traits submod, because Darkworld adds more than enough traits and it doesn't interest me to add even more, but as it stands, the ONLY submod that isn't broken in some way is Mercenary Commander.

I'm running the latest patch for CK2, and all DLCs except the Sunset Invasion, the Republic, and Horse Lords.

The base mod (Darkworld Reborn V1.59) works perfectly, aside from the Lilith Society missions missing a decision, and the lack of interaction with the Lilith Offmap Empire, but dewguru has already stated that he plans to work on both in future updates. It's definitely playable, and works perfectly with all the other mods I use, including Satanism Plus which adds a satanic religion and Empire (Check it out if you enjoy playing the dark side) and Ultimate Ending which extends the end date by almost 9,000 years. I also use a number of portrait swapping mods (Beautiful Norse, French use Norman Portraits, Saxons use English Faces, etc.) all of which work with zero issues.

I'm wrapping up another update. I've a little more testing to do before I post it, but I'm guessing it'll be late tonight or tomorrow night.

v1.60 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Added a decision where members of the Chosen of Lilith can sacrifice their prisoners to Lilith (Available at rank 1 in the society)
    - All characters should carry a breast and cock size variable that is used as a type of hereditary check for determining a child's breast or cock size
    - Updated Game Rules code with a Dark World grouping (code contributed by ngppgn)
    - Invite people to your society (Chosen of Lilith or Wizard's College - available at rank 2 in the society)

Example of how you'll be able to easily filter the Game Rules to only those for Dark World once after the update is released.

Note - it reset a couple of my settings that were remembered, so go through and check your settings before starting up.

20180114133220_1.thumb.jpg.565bb8981f288351f030766ccc1952e2.jpg

I played a bit of the Game of Thrones mod for CK2, and in it there is a pretty well fleshed out slavery system in that one. In retrospect, "training" slaves may be a bit too specific as a feature. With the current vanilla education system, one might use it to define the type of slave each NPC can become thus bypassing the cumbersome training events.

2 minutes ago, bicobus said:

I played a bit of the Game of Thrones mod for CK2, and in it there is a pretty well fleshed out slavery system in that one. In retrospect, "training" slaves may be a bit too specific as a feature. With the current vanilla education system, one might use it to define the type of slave each NPC can become thus bypassing the cumbersome training events.

I'm really not tracking what you're saying.

What cumbersome training events are you talking about - the one where you decide to enslave someone and choose what they'll be? That's the only training event I've got in Dark World anymore that I'm aware of, largely because folks complained that the training events from the past were more like event spam if you had multiple slaves being trained. I think some sub-mods add training events back in - so are you certain you're talking about Dark World Reborn?

I'm also not familiar with the education system you're talking about, beyond the one for kids, and in my testing that I've been doing - kid prisoners and slaves still have educators that you can assign.

So I'm not really clear on what you're wanting to communicate.

Sorry for my previous message, I may have been too tired to elaborate properly. Answering from the bottom up.

The education during NPC's childhood define what kind of people they become, this was introduced in the way of life DLC. For example only a child who received a warrior's upbringing can be tasked to be mercenary commander. You could use this system to define what kind of slave one might become, warrior slave (Martial), concubine (Intrigue), labor (Stewardship). Dunno about Learning and Diplomacy though, but a Learning focused slave could be used in the Lilith society as some kind of priestess. It would take a lot off of your or another modder's hands, don't have to micro-manage NPC and remember who is what. A slave being more of a social status than anything else.

11 hours ago, dewguru said:

What cumbersome training events are you talking about - the one where you decide to enslave someone and choose what they'll be? That's the only training event I've got in Dark World anymore that I'm aware of, largely because folks complained that the training events from the past were more like event spam if you had multiple slaves being trained. I think some sub-mods add training events back in - so are you certain you're talking about Dark World Reborn?

Yeah you might be right about the third party mod, the different events firing up once you start a training were really annoying. I then don't exactly know how DW:R handle slaves. However if it's character based and user action based, then my complaint might still be relevant. By that I mean: if you, as a player, have to click a NPC to initiate training or to sell the slave, it will become a cumbersome feature as more NPC floods into your court.

What follow is my awkwardly trying to explain how AGOT works with the slave mechanic, that could lead to a better understanding of whatever silly things I am talking about.

AGOT mod goes at it differently, and is somewhat tied to their tyranny mechanic (enslaving rightful rulers/heir tags you as a tyrant). The slavery system is out of the player's hair, you enslave somebody, and if you want that individual to not be sold you can toggle a flag on a character basis (that slave isn't for sale). Every now and then, you have another slave owner asking to buy one of your slaves. When that happens you can set your price, if it's too high the buyer will refuse and the trade will be off. The slavery system is mostly there so that you can conceive a heir in case of emergency and secure your lineage. But there are other nice narrative around, like one of your child befriending another slave's child. Because you can marry two slaves and breed them, and the slaves can refuse so you have to beat them into submission. You can also go and buy other people's slave (or try to rescue them).

The way AGOT mod implemented this helps with the player's narrative. The slaves are there, but they're not totally useless. If you have some time for yourself I would highly recommend for you to try that mod, not only for what I just talked about though.