[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

5 minutes ago, Spoink said:

Just a social post (not a bug report)

I was doing my thing over in the east - turning tibet into pasture land for my horses - when I got a message about the norse reformation with a curious portrait in the corner.

Hide contents

vlad.thumb.jpg.78b0ca67dc9a90f8bdb66e935e888ea1.jpg

Go Vlad!

1 hour ago, Mega said:

Right now I have DW:R with christianity + toska + noxibestia. Also some support mobs like bigger events, compatibility and personal castle. 
Well I hate to ask for non-determined issue in your thread, and I think i might be some overrides with other mods possibly. I'll reinstall all the stuff after 1.58, just want to locate the issue.

This is a longstanding, known issue for Toska's. The Lilith society does not work as intended.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

I can't say for certain - but I thought I saw where some folks said something about noxbestia I think having some issues - and that it's not 2.8 ready? Of course, that might no longer be an issue - but from what you mentioned - it's the only one that raises a memory about a potential issue that was needing to be addressed. And of course that was discussion among users - I don't know if Nox would agree, although a quick look at his mod home page says it's for an older version of CK2 and Dark World - although a quick look at recent discussion in that support thread doesn't raise anything about the issue, so it might not be Nox's causing the issue.

I've probably tested Dark World more in the past two weeks than I've done in half a year, and I've not seen anything like what you're describing.

The only thing I could recommend is taking a look at the support threads for the different mods you're using and see if anyone else is seeing a similar issue. And if they're not - some folks have resolved quirks like this by doing the Steam installation verification thing (where it checks to ensure your files for the game aren't messed up), then they delete the mod folder and reinstall the mods. Same mods - just redoing everything and it's fixed similar issues for multiple folks.

Toska's mod is the cause of the issue. It has always caused society events to bleed over and the only way to avoid it is by disabling his Lilith Society, or removing any traces of it from the code. I run Dark World all the time, and  after something like 158 hours of game play since the latest (1.57?) release, I've never had issues with society events bleeding over. The latest DLC has broken a lot of the other adult mods, so I'm currently running only Dark World, various portrait replacements (French use English faces, etc.) and a mod that extends the end date to 9999 as opposed to 1453.

Latest version posted.

I don't think the change log changed from my last post, but here it is again for those interested:

v1.58 (Dark World Reborn)
    - WARNING - THIS UPDATE IS NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - Adds a new trait that can be earned through different events (it's a negative trait)
    - Correction to brothel visit code that wasn't working correctly (the Shantae special event).
    - Updated several pictures to the larger format.
    - Tweaked Lilith's worship buildings to where you can now be able to build one as a member of the Chosen of Lilith (previously had to be an incubus or succubus).
    - Added Lilith worship building options for both Nomads and Merchant Republic (previously existed for just Feudal and Tribal).
    - Added a Lilith offmap empire that right now is limited in its functionality, but it'll be tied into both Chosen of Lilith society play, and Succubus/Incubus play in the future.
    - Chosen of Lilith now have a potential event that can fire on an annual check once they've reached the second stage (building a place of Worship to Lilith)
    - Some tweaks to the Horse Stable event, to include some new events.
    - Added ai_check_interval to several decisions, to change them from the ai looking at them monthly, to a different interval (usually once a year)
    - Some new scripted_effects and scripted_triggers to support different things and to clean-up others
    - Tweaks to selling slaves based on some submitted code ideas by Veedanya that I've modified
    - Fixed the issue with the brothel not paying whores

I'm already rolling into the next update. I know I'm often asked what's coming up, and while I make no promises, here's what's mulling around the most in my brain when I look at the files.

• More society events - Extending an invitation to the society (both Chosen of Lilith and Arcane College)
  • A return of the Exotic Emporium (I was surprised to find that I hadn't included that content from my old version)
  • Tweaking of whore wages - when I fixed the payment issue, I was surprised by how much gold I had whores earning. 15gp for taking on two people? That's more than some small tribes make in a year.
  • Updating the Corruption effect that I've got for my societies (I noticed it was incomplete when I looked at it while doing some other work)
  • Fleshing out the Lilith offmap to actual have some initial use (I think I left the test decision in there in this release)
  • Adding slavery capable building for Merchant Republic (holy shit - finally?!?!)

All, or none of the above make make it into the next release. It's just what's near the front of my mind at the moment.

2 hours ago, noxbestia said:

Currently my Darkest Perversions mod is NOT updated.  I have been actively working on the base code, but I'm waiting for the upcoming Dark World Reborn release before I look at some parts of it.

38 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Latest version posted.

Well then... I guess I know what I'm doing with the rest of my day... :smile:

48 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Latest version posted.

I don't think the change log changed from my last post, but here it is again for those interested:

v1.58 (Dark World Reborn)
    - WARNING - THIS UPDATE IS NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - Adds a new trait that can be earned through different events (it's a negative trait)
    - Correction to brothel visit code that wasn't working correctly (the Shantae special event).
    - Updated several pictures to the larger format.
    - Tweaked Lilith's worship buildings to where you can now be able to build one as a member of the Chosen of Lilith (previously had to be an incubus or succubus).
    - Added Lilith worship building options for both Nomads and Merchant Republic (previously existed for just Feudal and Tribal).
    - Added a Lilith offmap empire that right now is limited in its functionality, but it'll be tied into both Chosen of Lilith society play, and Succubus/Incubus play in the future.
    - Chosen of Lilith now have a potential event that can fire on an annual check once they've reached the second stage (building a place of Worship to Lilith)
    - Some tweaks to the Horse Stable event, to include some new events.
    - Added ai_check_interval to several decisions, to change them from the ai looking at them monthly, to a different interval (usually once a year)
    - Some new scripted_effects and scripted_triggers to support different things and to clean-up others
    - Tweaks to selling slaves based on some submitted code ideas by Veedanya that I've modified
    - Fixed the issue with the brothel not paying whores

I'm already rolling into the next update. I know I'm often asked what's coming up, and while I make no promises, here's what's mulling around the most in my brain when I look at the files.

• More society events - Extending an invitation to the society (both Chosen of Lilith and Arcane College)
  • A return of the Exotic Emporium (I was surprised to find that I hadn't included that content from my old version)
  • Tweaking of whore wages - when I fixed the payment issue, I was surprised by how much gold I had whores earning. 15gp for taking on two people? That's more than some small tribes make in a year.
  • Updating the Corruption effect that I've got for my societies (I noticed it was incomplete when I looked at it while doing some other work)
  • Fleshing out the Lilith offmap to actual have some initial use (I think I left the test decision in there in this release)
  • Adding slavery capable building for Merchant Republic (holy shit - finally?!?!)

All, or none of the above make make it into the next release. It's just what's near the front of my mind at the moment.

I just tested the new version and the only thing I've noticed is that the Lilith offmap Empire is conflicting with the Chinese Empire. For example, going on kowtow gives you grace with China, rather than Lilith, but you do get the +2 monthly grace/favor with Lilith. The test decision can be spammed for gold, piety and prestige. Anyway... I love the idea for the offmap empire and look forward to seeing more possible interactions with it. 

28 minutes ago, R0nin78 said:

I just tested the new version and the only thing I've noticed is that the Lilith offmap Empire is conflicting with the Chinese Empire. For example, going on kowtow gives you grace with China, rather than Lilith, but you do get the +2 monthly grace/favor with Lilith. The test decision can be spammed for gold, piety and prestige. Anyway... I love the idea for the offmap empire and look forward to seeing more possible interactions with it. 

Yeah, part of that is actually a failure of the vanilla code. The kowtow event in the vanilla game will be there for ANY offmap based on how it's written. I'm hoping they patch that part, as I'd like to avoid trying to create a duplicate that corrects it.

The test decision was simply a test with some results I could clearly see on if they worked or not. I'll be removing it in the next update, so spam away for any interested in some easy prestige/piety/gold.

On the offmap - I'm certain there are some more areas to tweak on it as well in terms of localization and what not, but I've got to admit that I'm liking it the more I get used to it.

I am curious if anybody knows(or thinks) if compatibility with turtles traits mod will be broken with new version or should it work fine? Cleaning through older mods and trying to decide what to get rid of and what to keep for this new version. Probably keeping nox and the slavery mod, but turtle requires overwriting this mod, so I am a bit nervous about keeping it with a new version of this one.

19 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

I am curious if anybody knows(or thinks) if compatibility with turtles traits mod will be broken with new version or should it work fine? Cleaning through older mods and trying to decide what to get rid of and what to keep for this new version. Probably keeping nox and the slavery mod, but turtle requires overwriting this mod, so I am a bit nervous about keeping it with a new version of this one.

I'm not familiar with everything that Turtles mod does, but if there are any trait name conflicts, the one that is loaded last wins. And in theory - outside of potential differences in stats - it shouldn't impact events too much, as an event just looks for the trait name, not what it does.

My recommendation though is to test it out. Start up a new game with everything, set things to maximum speed and let a few years cycle through and then look around to see if you notice anything that's really messed up.

That's good advice. I did just glance through the trait files in a side-by-side comparison and he re-names all the body traits like small_tits becomes small_tits_dwet. The stats are not changed, but he does add modifiers for insult/compliment to each one and the ability to hide the DW added traits from view. I think I am going to roll with just DW for now though.

4 hours ago, dewguru said:

Yeah, part of that is actually a failure of the vanilla code. The kowtow event in the vanilla game will be there for ANY offmap based on how it's written. I'm hoping they patch that part, as I'd like to avoid trying to create a duplicate that corrects it.

The test decision was simply a test with some results I could clearly see on if they worked or not. I'll be removing it in the next update, so spam away for any interested in some easy prestige/piety/gold.

On the offmap - I'm certain there are some more areas to tweak on it as well in terms of localization and what not, but I've got to admit that I'm liking it the more I get used to it.

You can work around that issue by defining your offmap power so it uses a custom window and buttons that are named differently from those of vanilla. Since offmap decisions are assigned to buttons, not having vanilla buttons ensures not having vanilla decisions.

36 minutes ago, cdavis said:

Hi I'm having traits missing pictures on installation of the mod, is this meant to be happening?

Nope. I double-checked what I packaged too, and the files are there. You didn't go and try and load from a saved game, right?

26 minutes ago, ngppgn said:

You can work around that issue by defining your offmap power so it uses a custom window and buttons that are named differently from those of vanilla. Since offmap decisions are assigned to buttons, not having vanilla buttons ensures not having vanilla decisions.

Whoa there. Do my own custom window? I can think of other painful things I'd rather do. *Stabs an eye repeatedly as a form of expression*

14 hours ago, dewguru said:

Nope. I double-checked what I packaged too, and the files are there. You didn't go and try and load from a saved game, right?

Whoa there. Do my own custom window? I can think of other painful things I'd rather do. *Stabs an eye repeatedly as a form of expression*

Well, the minimal thing would be just copy one file a rename three lines, no creating new textures of moving UI objects around. Actually, will try to send you the pertinent modified files in an hour or so by PM if you're ok with that.

27 minutes ago, ngppgn said:

Well, the minimal thing would be just copy one file a rename three lines, no creating new textures of moving UI objects around. Actually, will try to send you the pertinent modified files in an hour or so by PM if you're ok with that.

That would be cool, but if you don't - I'll probably look into it myself at some point. I just tried some UI things when I first started CK2 modding, and I really broke things in the process, so I've stayed away from it ever since then. I just feel... challenged when it comes to graphical things like that.

So it would be greatly appreciated and awesome if you did it, but also totally understandable and not the end of the world if you don't get around to it.

4 hours ago, dewguru said:

That would be cool, but if you don't - I'll probably look into it myself at some point. I just tried some UI things when I first started CK2 modding, and I really broke things in the process, so I've stayed away from it ever since then. I just feel... challenged when it comes to graphical things like that.

So it would be greatly appreciated and awesome if you did it, but also totally understandable and not the end of the world if you don't get around to it.

After I ever get my stuff working again, I intend to try to add a new checkbox to the CK2 interface but that could be another year before I get around to that.  /laughs.  However, I did make a much more complex larger event window that I am rather fond of.

7 hours ago, aradinn said:

Game crashes upon slave sale. It is from this mod or does Toska's do the slavery?

It's from reborn.

Here is a hotfix, throw it into

Dark World Reborn\common\scripted_triggers

(the definitions of is_obedient_slave and is_disobedient_slave reference one another creating an infinite loop)

dw_scripted_triggers.txt

25 minutes ago, lakrids said:

Not sure if it's bug. But I got the society event, build a lilith church twice?

Hrm. Sounds like a bug, unless it happened to a different ruler.

Yeap. I never set the flag that is supposed to prevent it from being able to repeat. I'll get a fix for this in the next update.

4 hours ago, Spoink said:

It's from reborn.

Here is a hotfix, throw it into

Dark World Reborn\common\scripted_triggers

(the definitions of is_obedient_slave and is_disobedient_slave reference one another creating an infinite loop)

dw_scripted_triggers.txt

Bah. I can't recall the last time I made an infinite loop. Sadly I sold many a slave, I wonder if it just never crashed because I didn't have a slave with the right trait mix or not.