[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

is there going to be an update to the fairy tales?

He said earlier it wasn't his priority at the moment.

It makes sense. Fairy Tale is a narrative based mod requiring a great deal of branches and choices that could have multiple endings.

Seeing how the other sub-mods are lacking a great deal of content compared to pre-splitting up, it's understandable that he'd want to get the rest a little more presentable.

I get it.

Saying that, it shows the most potential for me. I loved it... more than anything else I have seen so far for this mod.

is there going to be an update to the fairy tales?

He said earlier it wasn't his priority at the moment.

It makes sense. Fairy Tale is a narrative based mod requiring a great deal of branches and choices that could have multiple endings.

Seeing how the other sub-mods are lacking a great deal of content compared to pre-splitting up, it's understandable that he'd want to get the rest a little more presentable.

I get it.

Saying that, it shows the most potential for me. I loved it... more than anything else I have seen so far for this mod.

If you want a taste for the future, go into the mod folder and check out the event IDs. 

Small update planned for tonight before I leap back into Stellaris.

Change Log:

v1.32 (DW Court and Commerce Mod)
    - Resign your position to your heir (code contributed by YiffMeister)
    - Decision for eligible rulers to seek out a Court Jester if they don't have one

Change Log:

- Decision for eligible rulers to seek out a Court Jester if they don't have one

So how you liking the Stars?

Change Log:

So how you liking the Stars?

I'm enjoying it. The thing I like most, is diplomacy seems to work better in this game than others like Civ, Galac Civ, BE, etc. I was actually able to remain neutral with most, allied with a couple, enemies to none. I enjoy the events, and am about to kick off my first multiplayer game (update will be post - multiplayer game by the way :) )

I'd share my experiences with MP, but I will warn you, starting a game will be a BITCH. you wont be able to find the server your friend is hosting. The workaround for that is to get the joiners to search the internet for servers, then you get the guy hosting to host then send invites to the joiners. After such, the joiners need to hit no on the hot join window then look at the very bottom of the list for the guy they're joining. This workaround however, is not permanent and multiple tries may be needed.

I'd share my experiences with MP, but I will warn you, starting a game will be a BITCH. you wont be able to find the server your friend is hosting. The workaround for that is to get the joiners to search the internet for servers, then you get the guy hosting to host then send invites to the joiners. After such, the joiners need to hit no on the hot join window then look at the very bottom of the list for the guy they're joining. This workaround however, is not permanent and multiple tries may be needed.

We used the workaround that was in a Steam thread, which was I sent an invite via Steam, it then said it couldn't find the game, but then upon refreshing the server list, he could find me on it.

Not sure this was brought up yet. I noticed a bug with this Succubus Blood Moon event: My character is having what appears to be a lesbian interaction with a man. The man then acquires the homosexual trait, which is doubly awkward because he's making out with a woman, but then the cherry on top is he becomes my lover, so now I have a gay guy as my lover, lol. I just went ahead and manually removed the homosexual trait via console.

post-204-0-91826700-1462952585_thumb.jpg

That should not happen.

You got extremely unlucky in that you obviously were the only (pure) female attending the blood moon ritual.

The lesbian wine tasting starts randomized and picks two females for the event.

Now we know what happens if there are less than two females, namely the CK2 script event falls back to infant state and ignores the condition it could not meet.

That should not happen.

You got extremely unlucky in that you obviously were the only (pure) female attending the blood moon ritual.

Now we know what happens if there are less than two females, namely the CK2 script event falls back to infant state and ignores the condition it could not meet.

True, I had only had three people at the blood moon other than myself. All three were men, so yea that event probably shouldn't fire at all then.

Edit: Something else. I noticed Fenris spawned, so I made him a character of special interest. Then later, he was taken off my list. Usually that would mean that he died, but I was never notified of this. Would have been interesting to know how he died so quickly, or maybe he's entered an event that's temporarily wiped him off the map and he will reappear later?

That should not happen.

True, I had only had three people at the blood moon other than myself. All three were men, so yea that event probably shouldn't fire at all then.

Edit: Something else I noticed. I noticed Fenris spawned, so I made him a character of special interest. Then later, he was taken off my list. Usually that would mean that he died, but I was never notified of this. Would have been interesting to know how he died so quickly, or maybe he's entered an event that's temporarily wiped him off the map and he will reappear later?

Are you running the most recent versions? I added a trigger check that should now only allow the Wine Tasting event to fire if you've two female courtiers in attendance, so that way in theory you should never end up with a dude, or the same chick teaming up with herself from there being no other options.

Edit: Found two issues. One, I was missing an is_female check for the partner when the player is involved. And the other may not be an issue - but it could be, if my female courtier trigger count isn't properly killing the event if there aren't enough women, then it may be how I'm casting it out there, so I'll add a location = { } to it to try and ensure it's only checking where the player is at instead of a wider area.

Every single mod has had a small update. Mainly handling errors or tweaks to maintain compatibility. Change log below:

v1.34 (Dark World Core)

- Updated trait list to support the expanded ReMeDy's Custom Portrait options. (Went from 84 to 130)

v1.30 (Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits)

- Updated to the 1.20 ReMeDy Custom Portrait template pack. Increased the potential custom portrait count from 84 to 130.

v1.31 (DW Children of Lilith Mod)

- Was missing an is_female check in one possibility of the all-female wine tasting event.

- Tweaked a trigger to try and ensure it's only proceeding when the right players are available.

v1.32 (DW Creatures of Night)

- Added a more random image options for werewolves. (16 male, 9 female - total)

- Changed Fenris's portrait number

v1.30 (DW Futa Mod)

- Updated to ensure it still has Core Mod compatibility.

v1.30 (DW Fairy Tales)

- Added an is_adult check to prevent kids from bedding the triplets with Gaston.

EDIT: Consider the above to NOT be save game compatible. The Core file adds a bunch of new traits for handling ReMeDy's custom portrait mod, and that alone will fuck up your save game if you install it and then try to resume a saved game.

This is interesting. So I knew there would be characters born as Succubus, but what I didn't know was they too pursue Blood Moon intrigue options, eventually becoming immortal. What I now have is an immortal daughter 24 years into my campaign. She is Ambitious, Zealous, and Stubborn, so maybe her A.I. drove her to pursue this, or I'm overthinking it.

I'm kind of mixed by this, because in the earliest versions of DW, I enjoyed how being immortal was a choice reserved for the player, but now with children pursuing immortality on their own volition, it's kinda like, "Get on the immortality train, or be left behind." I'll play it out and see what happens. I can see now why the Commerce mod needed an option for a ruler to step down, because when I become my daughter after my ruler dies, once the daughter begins acquiring bad traits due to old age, I need a easy method to jump ship. Succubus have naturally high intrigue and high relations with men, making them difficult to assassinate, so other than committing suicide via depression or sending her off alone into war, I suspect my immortal daughter will be around for a while.

Or I could cheat, but let's not speak of that :P

post-204-0-27840100-1463019017_thumb.jpg

Every single mod has had a small update. Mainly handling errors or tweaks to maintain compatibility. Change log below:

For my current save, I've updated only this mod, since I imagine just those two changes should be save compatible. So far so good.

Dewguru are you planning on modding Stellaris at all? Seems like there's a lot of scope for TiTS or breeder type content (also it's much more to my taste than CK2, so it's a selfish question :P)

I actually made a small mod today for it in seeing how things are. So far, I've had issues with getting the localization to work as intended, which is a major part, and that part of the Stellaris mod wiki isn't updated yet, so I'm patiently waiting.

This is interesting. So I knew there would be characters born as Succubus, but what I didn't know was they too pursue Blood Moon intrigue options, eventually becoming immortal. What I now have is an immortal daughter 24 years into my campaign. She is Ambitious, Zealous, and Stubborn, so maybe her A.I. drove her to pursue this, or I'm overthinking it.

I'm kind of mixed by this, because in the earliest versions of DW, I enjoyed how being immortal was a choice reserved for the player, but now with children pursuing immortality on their own volition, it's kinda like, "Get on the immortality train, or be left behind." I'll play it out and see what happens. I can see now why the Commerce mod needed an option for a ruler to step down, because when I become my daughter after my ruler dies, once the daughter begins acquiring bad traits due to old age, I need a easy method to jump ship. Succubus have naturally high intrigue and high relations with men, making them difficult to assassinate, so other than committing suicide via depression or sending her off alone into war, I suspect my immortal daughter will be around for a while.

Or I could cheat, but let's not speak of that :P

They actually had the ability to hold Blood Moons themselves before Reborn. I don't even recall when exactly they could begin doing it, but there was someone who showed their daughters holding their own events, and sure enough, I wasn't restricting it to player only, and it wasn't breaking anything, so I left it. But if you recall, I also had it where someone could cede their immortality, and I want to say the older an NPC got, the more likely they were to remove it themselves.

Heya, so i started playing this mod last week and im ejoying it alot. howeveri  just downloaded the new update, and about ten years in, almost every ruler is married to Harley. also the popup to find a jester is popping up every 2-3 years letting me get more and more harleys.

Heya, so i started playing this mod last week and im ejoying it alot. howeveri  just downloaded the new update, and about ten years in, almost every ruler is married to Harley. also the popup to find a jester is popping up every 2-3 years letting me get more and more harleys.

The frequent pop-up is possible if you're not keeping someone (including Harley) identified as a Court Jester.

All of the other rulers being married to Harley makes zero sense. The decision that leads to creating Harley has an ai=no check in the potential block. Unless something has seriously broken in CK2 (and I'm beginning to believe that's the case), then that bit of code is supposed to ensure that ONLY the player is able to use it.

However, folks have reported a few occasions recently where the ai=no check appears to not be working as intended. If that's the case, then I may take a break from modding anything CK2 related until the fix it. Hell, the ai_will_do is even set to a factor of zero. That's a double-whammy for the ai to not be able to run something.

Regarding you grabbing multiple Harley's, that's something I'm not going to worry about fixing right now. You as a player can control how often you grab her, and if you want a dozen Harley's in your court, more power to you.

if you want me to make a couple screens, i can make em. when i type in harley in character search for al, not jut my own realm, alot of them pop up, and im talking ore than 30. a few neighbouring kings and counts have married her. i have one as my wife, and another as my concubine. but i did give the joker which came later the court jester, is that why it keeps popping up?

I want to say the older an NPC got, the more likely they were to remove it themselves.

Oh okay, I'll keep tabs on that then. So far my characters aren't old enough to even die of old age yet, so the immortality has been a moot point. I didn't know they could forgo the immortality later once they've acquired it. That makes me feel better.

On to one more issue I'm concerned with, but we'll see how it goes: I'm now 52 years into my game. First, I'm noticing the ceiling limit for having children is no longer 45 -- I just had a child at age 51, which makes sense considering I'm Immortal. Meanwhile, my character is popping children out like crazy, and I promise I didn't use the "spend time with..." command. Furthermore, the Succubus trait seems to have a high inheritance rate. My fear is by the end game, my Succubus' trait will start populating the world. People will live longer, become harder to kill, and have children at older ages. Thankfully so far the men are not immortal -- I had one who was an Incubi, but he was assassinated.

Having so many of those characters populating the world might stress the game, but I'll try to push it as late as I can as a stress test, lol.

post-204-0-40432800-1463046318_thumb.jpg