[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01JUN2024

Dark World 1.25 is last officially tested with CK2 2.4.5.

The actual version of CK2 is 2.5.2.

If you use the actual version (if you have it enabled on steam you do) but use a Dark World 1.25 it is not necessarily "the best option".

Yeah i think im going to go with the Rebuild version.

Right now i have

Dark World Rebuild

Dark World Lilith 1.31

Dark World Core 1.34

Dark World Futura 1.29

Dark World Remedy Portraits

I had to make a custom DDS file to get the portraits working correctly since the new Remedy mod expanded them.

I also changed the dependencies for Rebuild to the new version numbers

So far (with limited testing) everything seems to be working good WITH Conclave.

No crashes, buildings all work, all the events ive tested for Harley, the bordello, Slavery, Lilith etc all work fine.

If anyone has any tips for the best setup using the Rebuild mod ide love to hear them in case ive missed something.

BTW if anyone wants my DDS file of the portraits ill upload it with permission from the mod authors.

the origenal works perfectly whit CK2 2.5.1 enen the mods from rebuild works whit it the core not tho sorry for the spelling iam not english

You did not exactly understand I guess.

The original mod was last officially tested with 2.4.5. That means it is more or less guaranteed to work with that version and everything beyond that version of CK2 is not officially supported.

With the release of Conclave the patch 2.5.1 was released and that patch changed some things around as all patches do.

It is possible the original mod works with 2.5.2 but it is neither guaranteed nor supported.

When it works fine.

When something goes wrong you are on your own.

Thanks for this, I like the idea, and it offered a night of intrigue.

That said, the features, even with the mods, are too unreliable to make what is effectively the vanilla game 'fun'. I was hoping for some interesting dynasties and perhaps some World of Darkness style bloodlines.

My first character, who I just reloaded the start of each time, was a female Duke of an English province. She ended up fighting a Werewolf after it showed up in her lands, though I don't what the requirements are to trigger it, and was raped and fell pregnant. "Cool, I thought. Not the vampire bloodline I want, but I can work with this.". Sadly, the child was no werewolf, and after reloading to see if it was random, the best I could manage was a kid that was 'strong'. Even grown up there was nothing special about them.

Reloaded her, and this time never got the werewolf event, and instead got the 'Ball' that seemed to allow us to invite what I assume is an undercover vampire to my court. Despite becoming friends and lovers with this person, there was never any follow up, and they even aged and died with my Duchess. So, I was sad to find this a dead end. The most interesting thing that happened to this ruler was she was captured by a rival King, and he raped her in her cell, but the 'trait' was broken.

I built the brothel, red light district, alchemists, and slave market, and these never did much beside help me earn more gold.

On my final attempt, I used the mods, and made her a Vampire to start with. Shortly after the Werewolf kingdom was founded somewhere on the map. No clue where, otherwise I might have made a vampire next to them to see if there was any interplay. Sadly, despite being a vampire, she succumbed to illness and died.

Am I just doing something wrong?

There will not be any World of Darkness style bloodlines in this. Just to clarify that. Even after I add vampire specific content, it won't be WoD based.

You did not exactly understand I guess.

The original mod was last officially tested with 2.4.5. That means it is more or less guaranteed to work with that version and everything beyond that version of CK2 is not officially supported.

With the release of Conclave the patch 2.5.1 was released and that patch changed some things around as all patches do.

It is possible the original mod works with 2.5.2 but it is neither guaranteed nor supported.

When it works fine.

When something goes wrong you are on your own.

i ment conclave it works whit that but i no wat you mean and you are right

snip

There will not be any World of Darkness style bloodlines in this. Just to clarify that. Even after I add vampire specific content, it won't be WoD based.

When Dark World is more or less "done" would you be cool with people making and posting "fan mods"?

Like translations and add-ons in case someone does think Dark World could potentially support World of Darkness stuff.

snip

When Dark World is more or less "done" would you be cool with people making and posting "fan mods"?

Like translations and add-ons in case someone does think Dark World could potentially support World of Darkness stuff.

I'm totally cool with people doing that right now. Folks have done little things in the past that they shared (I'm not aware of any of them that were kept current), but by all means go for it. If you notice on the main page, I list where a couple folks made compatible versions of the old consolidated 1.25 version.

If you make it, keep it current, I'd be cool with linking to it as well so others who may share an interest can find it. Also - if it's a minor thing you've got, yet it fits well within the present scope of what I'm aiming for, I'd even be cool with incorporating it. If you notice in the Thank you section - there are two folks who've already contributed some code, and there's actually a third - I just need to add his stuff in.

There is major mod world of darkness. I was not able to run it but it is much bigger then Dark World. I think it could be easier to expand this mod to be more like dark world instead of modifying dark world.

I guess you are talking about Princes of Darkness. The mod is not _that_ much bigger in theory but a total conversion which usually breaks compatability with other mods.

The last version I know of (0.2.1) is compatible with version 2.4.2 of CK2.

You can choose some previous patches in the Beta Tab of the CK2 Properties in Steam.

Version 2.4.2 is 10 month old and does most noteably not include compatability for Conclave.

Same deal as before: the vast majority of major patches tend to break mod compatabilty. As do some minor patches and hotfixes.

Not only for CK2 but for all games.

I'm going to be rolling out some updates over the next couple of days. I was thinking about holding on, but all it'd take is for something unexpected to happen and I'd go another week without an update. So, well, check the change log before you think about using any of them if the previous load you have is working well enough for you.

Would it be possible to set the "is_high_prio = yes" flag for the "Call for a Blood Moon Ritual" decision? That way we have reminder when it's the right time of the year to hold it.

Sure thing. It'll be in the update for Children of Lilith that's coming out this weekend, as well as the tweak that hopefully lessens the issue ReMeDy ran into with the eligible offspring who were rulers running it every chance they got. Eligible ai won't run it 100% of the time, and if they have low ai_zeal and ai_ambition ratings, they'll definitely skip running it due to either not being faithful enough to want to celebrate Lilith, or simply being content enough with life to not be interested in the gifts that Lilith gives those who honor her.

Question. Is there a way to cap the existence of Joker and Harley? In my game there's like, dozens of them and I think they're starting to mess with my game that's trying too hard to keep up with all of their decisions and actions, like processing too many characters making decisions at once.

How is progressing the stellaris mod Dewguru?

I didn't know he was making one. I thought he said he was playing it, but was modding other things.

There was some other dude here that posted something that looked like an early stellaris mod.

On a related note, my god is it going to be a pain in the ass to get good images that can pass off as portraits for Stellaris.

Since the 'background' has been substantially expanded, and having a random picture stretched out to shit to match the proper bounds would not be desirable, finding a random internet transparent background png to use as a Species Ruler background would be a massive pain in the ass since there aren't that many.

How is progressing the stellaris mod Dewguru?

I didn't know he was making one. I thought he said he was playing it, but was modding other things.

There was some other dude here that posted something that looked like an early stellaris mod.

On a related note, my god is it going to be a pain in the ass to get good images that can pass off as portraits for Stellaris.

Since the 'background' has been substantially expanded, and having a random picture stretched out to shit to match the proper bounds would not be desirable, finding a random internet transparent background png to use as a Species Ruler background would be a massive pain in the ass since there aren't that many.

That was remedy

Question. Is there a way to cap the existence of Joker and Harley? In my game there's like, dozens of them and I think they're starting to mess with my game that's trying too hard to keep up with all of their decisions and actions, like processing too many characters making decisions at once.

Simple.

Quit spawning one Harley after the next.

The AI is not allowed to use the decision which is needed to fire the event.

Are you referring to the backgrounds that appear behind the characters? That's not a problem because you can just crop it to fit whatever your desired dimensions are. Since it's a background, the player isn't going to notice what is missing from the rest of the image.

If you mean character portraits, I didn't find that to be a problem either. What I do is I create an image that looks like the following with excess padding on the left and right side, plenty of head space to account for humans being shorter than some of the game's aliens, then center the character portrait. It takes up slightly more file size by doing it all that way, but not much. The reason I do that is to account for anything like ridiculously long hair, and to keep the character sizing consistent. The following is a 100 percent scale template I use. It might help you frame your own portraits:

post-204-0-18234400-1464485422_thumb.jpg

portrait_template_example_100PercentScale.zip

Simple.

There is already some soft cap with the "court jester" minor title. The decision can't be used if one already has a court jester, and the title is automatically granted to the jesters. So I guess banshe had to revoke the minor title every single time in order to spawn more of them. I guess this could be solved by giving the jesters some character flags, and checking for them before spawning them.

Simple.

There is already some soft cap with the "court jester" minor title. The decision can't be used if one already has a court jester, and the title is automatically granted to the jesters. So I guess banshe had to revoke the minor title every single time in order to spawn more of them. I guess this could be solved by giving the jesters some character flags, and checking for them before spawning them.

I thought about using flags - however, since it's player exclusive, and a player has the option for how often they want to use the decision, I figured I'd just leave it as it is.

And if banshe is seeing the ai running the events - so far the only time that has occurred is when someone totally botched up their mod installation by running both the old 1.25 Dark World mod with the current Dark World Reborn mods to my knowledge.

Are you referring to the backgrounds that appear behind the characters? That's not a problem because you can just crop it to fit whatever your desired dimensions are. Since it's a background, the player isn't going to notice what is missing from the rest of the image.

If you mean character portraits, I didn't find that to be a problem either. What I do is I create an image that looks like the following with excess padding on the left and right side, plenty of head space to account for humans being shorter than some of the game's aliens, then center the character portrait. It takes up slightly more file size by doing it all that way, but not much. The reason I do that is to account for anything like ridiculously long hair, and to keep the character sizing consistent. The following is a 100 percent scale template I use. It might help you frame your own portraits:

attachicon.gifportrait_template_example_100PercentScale.jpg

My case would be the second case.

I'm not sure if you pulled that image out of the web, or if you made it yourself, but here's my issue:

I'm a fuckin furry. I like my wolves and shit with boobs and shit and walking on two legs and shit. No biggy, right?

Anyways, there aren't that many 'furry' games out there from which I could hijack pictures like those. If I really wanted my kidnapped 3rd party picture to work out well enough for a character portrait, I would either have to look for ages into the unknown for a worthy picture, or make one myself. I'm not an artist, so my only option would be the first option.

Shit.

Simple.

Actually that's not how it went down: I first used Dark World: Reborn + Hentai SubMod but later I added the unsupported patches (Rebuild and someone's patch to 2.5.2) which are linked on the main post, and maybe that is what broke it. See, the court jester event started triggering on its own, without the prompt. In fact I believe the prompt is entirely gone from my decisions list (Though maybe it was for kings only? I don't recall. I'm playing duke level.)

See, I didn't spawn those Harleys and Jokers. the NPCs did. Hell even before adding the patches, when I was using Dark World: Reborn alone + Hentai, I already saw multiple Harleys and Jokers, but not to the extent which caused my game to become unplayable. In the end I simply 'fixed' it by modifying the courts & commerce file themselves and nuking the event from happening. I got one pop up event as a result where a "Harley", with Joker Event Window text and icon, showed up since I didn't have any court jester. But I banished them and none other showed up ever since.

I know with almost 100% certainty this is because of the Rebuild mod and/or the patch and that they're unsupported by the original author. Just wanted to see if anyone ran into this same issue if they happened to use them.

I'm not sure if you pulled that image out of the web, or if you made it yourself, but here's my issue:

I'm a fuckin furry. I like my wolves and shit with boobs and shit and walking on two legs and shit. No biggy, right?

Anyways, there aren't that many 'furry' games out there from which I could hijack pictures like those. If I really wanted my kidnapped 3rd party picture to work out well enough for a character portrait, I would either have to look for ages into the unknown for a worthy picture, or make one myself. I'm not an artist, so my only option would be the first option.

lol you know, that's an interesting point, because in Stellaris, all the portraits showcase things on two legs. All the Mammalian races have figured out how to stand on two legs, so lore-wise, you would need to find two legged furries. Yea, you're on your own :D.

Also, if I were to have the art skills to actually draw the character I showed you, I'd be up to my ass crack in donations, lol.

lol you know, that's an interesting point, because in Stellaris, all the portraits showcase things on two legs. All the Mammalian races have figured out how to stand on two legs, so lore-wise, you would need to find two legged furries. Yea, you're on your own :D.

Also, if I were to have the art skills to actually draw the character I showed you, I'd be up to my ass crack in donations, lol.

I wouldn't have to look up 3rd party pictures if Paradox wasn't so hellbent in making all the races so borderline disgusting. Out of all the mammalians, the only ones that are bearable are the humans and the fennec foxes. Humans are vanilla af and the Fennec Foxes have no gender disparity whatsoever, so you end up with males and females looking the same. The only other somewhat bearable mammal in the list is the platypus, which is missing a bloody eyeball. Damn you Paradox, you're gonna make this into a DLC, aren't you?