[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

6 hours ago, Gustav21 said:

i know this sounds stupid but how do i install it. i'm mean like put it in the mods section.

Download the mod, unzip into your My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings 2/mods/ folder (NOT YOUR STEAM FOLDER), select the mod from the launcher, play.

3 hours ago, ShawnnieLove said:

Anyone know how to get jasmine? She is not appearing anymore, does anyone know the event code (if there is one)?

Jamsine is a once only deal obtained from freeing her via the magic lamp (obtained from the emporium). Once you obtain her, you can never get another of her again.

You can, however, spawn her in multiple times using the console command event DWFairyTales.13

5 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Jamsine is a once only deal obtained from freeing her via the magic lamp (obtained from the emporium). Once you obtain her, you can never get another of her again.

You can, however, spawn her in multiple times using the console command event DWFairyTales.13

Oh ok, thanks. And is it possible to get other character like cinderella or snow white again through event?

Check whether DWToska is active or not.

That submod is outdated and known to issue a second set of appendages.

With the exception of ABM which I'm not familiar with I sport all the mods listed and don't have that problem.

So that means it is either this ABM thingy or a mod is active you didn't mention and/or discover.

13 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

Check whether DWToska is active or not.

That submod is outdated and known to issue a second set of appendages.

With the exception of ABM which I'm not familiar with I sport all the mods listed and don't have that problem.

So that means it is either this ABM thingy or a mod is active you didn't mention and/or discover.

Well disabling ABM (Ala's Body Mod) did seem to do the trick.  I don't really remember why I wanted that mod -shrug- Oh well, thanks!

3 hours ago, VirazolKaine said:

Well disabling ABM (Ala's Body Mod) did seem to do the trick.  I don't really remember why I wanted that mod -shrug- Oh well, thanks!

ABM has game rules designed to deal with that. Since you are using Nox's mod you do not need to use the Butt, Balls, Pussy, and Anus traits that my mod offers (which can be turned off in Game Rules) but you can still get body shapes and height.

Recently, I've been having issues with my character suddenly becoming chaste and celibate without warning or event prompts. So I began investigating my mods to figure out what the source of this annoying problem was. And I may have found it.

In the Dark World Reborn event file dw_cc_decisions.txt, there is a character-based spell (specifically Herimone's purity spell). It's a spell that shifts characters from hedonistic -> lustful -> chaste -> celibate. Now, the problem comes from its potential scope, if I'm reading it correctly: any person in the same court as her can cast it, on any person within diplomatic range. Since it operates on a fixed percent chance of being casted per character, the larger your court, the more of the entire planet becomes chaste/celibate. It doesn't even have targeting discretion (i.e., won't focus on enemies above friends).

Anyone using the mod might want to set the "ai_will_do" factors in the aforementioned file to 0 to prevent this issue. I'd also do the same for all the other character abilities in the same file just in case any other characters' abilities cause similar issues.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, veedanya said:

Recently, I've been having issues with my character suddenly becoming chaste and celibate without warning or event prompts. So I began investigating my mods to figure out what the source of this annoying problem was. And I may have found it.

In the Dark World Reborn event file dw_cc_decisions.txt, there is a character-based spell (specifically Herimone's purity spell). It's a spell that shifts characters from hedonistic -> lustful -> chaste -> celibate. Now, the problem comes from its potential scope, if I'm reading it correctly: any person in the same court as her can cast it, on any person within diplomatic range. Since it operates on a fixed percent chance of being casted per character, the larger your court, the more of the entire planet becomes chaste/celibate. It doesn't even have targeting discretion (i.e., won't focus on enemies above friends).

Anyone using the mod might want to set the "ai_will_do" factors in the aforementioned file to 0 to prevent this issue. I'd also do the same for all the other character abilities in the same file just in case any other characters' abilities cause similar issues.

The only time I have ever noticed this problem was when I made Hermione a tutor. Most my kids would then end up with celibate. If that helps.

Something really weird just happened today. For some reason all my traits just got messed up, but the game was working fine yesterday. No matter what save I go back to, it occurs in every one of them. Along with the portraits for several custom characters being changed or removed completely. Was there some minor update in CK2 that occurred without me knowing or?

1 hour ago, Infini Ryu said:

Something really weird just happened today. For some reason all my traits just got messed up, but the game was working fine yesterday. No matter what save I go back to, it occurs in every one of them. Along with the portraits for several custom characters being changed or removed completely. Was there some minor update in CK2 that occurred without me knowing or?

I've been working on my mod all day long, so I can safely say that I haven't been affected by your issue. Have you installed anything lately? Maybe reinstall Dark World would help fix things.

9 hours ago, Infini Ryu said:

The game uses numbered lists to designate traits in a save game. If something changed in active mod files to change the number of traits (either adding or removing traits) it can completely wreck a save's trait information by affecting the numbering.

Example: Let's say "Trait X" is number 101, and "Trait Y" is number 102, and "Trait Z" is number 103. You then disable a mod that has "Trait X". To fill the gap, the game will instead moving "Trait Y" to 101, and "Trait Z" to 102. Which in the save game causes every instance of "Trait X" to magically transform into "Trait Y", and every "Trait Y" to turn into "Trait Z". Adding mods that increase the total number of traits in-game can also have the same effect, if the game doesn't place the new traits at the end of the numbered list.

So basically, the problem is you had a game in progress, and you either disabled mod that has traits, enabled a new mod that has traits, or you updated a mod (and the update added/removed more traits to the existing mod). You either have to revert that change, or simply start a new game.

14 minutes ago, juampi22 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sin título.png

after install dark world 1.68 the portrait of eastern african gfx its all wrecked

i don't know why, the mod modifies portraits besides the customs?

That shouldn't happen with this mod. Did you also install the Kings of Slaves and Vices mod? I know that with that mod, the African portraits are messed up by it. If you have it, delete portrait_race.gfx files in the mod's interface folder.

34 minutes ago, ShadowPersona said:

That shouldn't happen with this mod. Did you also install the Kings of Slaves and Vices mod? I know that with that mod, the African portraits are messed up by it. If you have it, delete portrait_race.gfx files in the mod's interface folder.

thanks man,that worked :)

Is there a way to severely limit the spawn rate of micro penis and micro balls? They spawn ALL the time in my recent savegames to the point where they are waaaaaaay more common than even average sized genitalia, and its absolutely preventing whole dynasties from lasting longer than a hundred years.

What text file do I need to edit and what is the behavior of the variables, because I absolutely need to change them for myself.

47 minutes ago, elQuanto said:

Is there a way to severely limit the spawn rate of micro penis and micro balls? They spawn ALL the time in my recent savegames to the point where they are waaaaaaay more common than even average sized genitalia, and its absolutely preventing whole dynasties from lasting longer than a hundred years.

What text file do I need to edit and what is the behavior of the variables, because I absolutely need to change them for myself.

You might want to take a look at my submod, Dark World Tweaks. I just changed the ability for them to spawn naturally.

If you prefer the vanilla Dark World experience, go to /common/scripted_effects/dw_scripted_effect.txt and search for add_cock and change the following

else_if = {
		limit = { # tiny
			check_variable = { which = dick_size value = 1}
		}
		add_trait = tiny_dick
	}
	else = { # micro
		add_trait = micro_dick
	}

to

else_if = {
		limit = { # small 
			check_variable = { which = dick_size value = 2}
		}
		add_trait = small_dick
	}
	else = {
		add_trait = tiny_dick
	}
#	else_if = {
#		limit = { # tiny
#			check_variable = { which = dick_size value = 1}
#		}
#		add_trait = tiny_dick
#	}
#	else = { # micro
#		add_trait = micro_dick
#	}

Do the same with add_tits but change dick to tits, obviously.

4 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

You might want to take a look at my submod, Dark World Tweaks. I just changed the ability for them to spawn naturally.

If you prefer the vanilla Dark World experience, go to /common/scripted_effects/dw_scripted_effect.txt and search for add_cock and change the following

else_if = {
		limit = { # tiny
			check_variable = { which = dick_size value = 1}
		}
		add_trait = tiny_dick
	}
	else = { # micro
		add_trait = micro_dick
	}

to

else_if = {
		limit = { # small 
			check_variable = { which = dick_size value = 2}
		}
		add_trait = small_dick
	}
	else = {
		add_trait = tiny_dick
	}
#	else_if = {
#		limit = { # tiny
#			check_variable = { which = dick_size value = 1}
#		}
#		add_trait = tiny_dick
#	}
#	else = { # micro
#		add_trait = micro_dick
#	}

Do the same with add_tits but change dick to tits, obviously.

I already use your mod (love it btw), but it doesn't seem to affect the spawn rate (maybe because i'm also using DWToska as well?)