[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

[CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

Introduction

I loved the initial "Dark World" and also like the current "Dark World: Reborn" a lot. However, even with the add-ons available here there are still some events that I missed from the original "Dark World", but also from mods that are now incompatible with the curent versions of Crusader Kings II. Such as "ArgleBargle2".

In particular I missed the Tentacle and Dog events, some prisoner and random court events, such as Harley running amok and killing off rivals and performing her usual kind of mischief. This mod is my attempt to add these events and options back to Dark World Reborn as an optional addon module.

Beyond that the release of "The Reaper's Due" and "Monks and Mystics" opened up the possibility for some Lilith related contend in those areas as well. This mod covers that.

Upgrade Instructions:

If you had a previous version of this mod installed, then please remove the old "DWToska" folder from your mod directory first. Then extract the contends of this archive into your mod folder. Please do not skip this step, as certain files from older mods (such as the religion related changes) have been removed in later releases of this mod. So just overwriting the old DWToska folder with the new one will cause problems.

Requirements

This mod is tested with CK v2.8.0 ("Jade Dragon", "The Reapers Due" + "Monks and Mystics"). Aside from the mods listed above as "mandatory" it is fairly neutral in dependencies and was tested in conjunction with the mods marked as "optional". Some features of this mod only become active if the mentioned DLC is active.

What this mod does

This mod enhances your gameplay possibilities if you have chosen to follow the path of the Children of Lilith. The goddess of love and sex encourages procreation in all forms - may they be civil, loving, violent or brutal. This mod gives you the tools to live out your debauchery to the fullest extend.

Secret Society "Lilith's Own": If you are a child of Lilith (i.e.: have the trait "lilith" or "incubus") or are generally a lustful or hedonistic ruler, then you may attempt to join the secret society "Lilith's Own". This society has four ranks and on each rank you gain specific new powers and (occasionally) are asked to perform missions that will please Lilith. All these missions have sexual context custom tailored to Dark World Reborn. Please note: In the Game Rule screen (when starting a new game) you can disable Lilith's Society completly if you do not want to play with it.

Society Abilities:

• Rank 1 ability 'Sacrifice to Lilith', which triggers a pretty graphic event chain with various acts that result in sure death of the victim.
  • Rank 1 ability 'Initiate for Lilith', which triggers a pretty graphic event chain with various acts that result in victim becoming a slut.
  • Rank 1 ability 'Corrupt Priest'.
  • Rank 2 ability 'Demonic Possession' which turns the target into (possibly loyal) a sex crazed maniac (trait: 'sexcrazed') or a vegetable.
  • Rank 2 ability 'Summon Familiar' that spawns a spirit animal that gives some extra boni.
  • Rank 3 ability 'Dark Divorce' where you can (once a year) fuck a spouse to death. Or not.
  • Rank 3 ability 'Dark Healing' where Lilith may heal you from maimimg, diseases and ailments. Also removes raped/rapist/sexcrazed traits and lilith_plague disease.
  • Rank 3 ability 'Invite Disciple of Lilith' (see intrigue menu), which adds a lilith/incubus to your court. There is a pretty good chance that it will be a professional slut.
  • Rank 4 ability 'Holy Impregnation' that brings a Lilith demon child into this world.
  • Rank 4 ability 'Lilith's Touch', which can be uses against foes, rivals and mission targets to make them sexmad and rape their own subjects with all the consequences this causes.
  • Rank 4 ability 'Absorbe Lifeforce' that allows to sacrifice your own children in order to sustain your life. Non-sexual and mostly stock, because targets must be underage.

Missions:

• 'Corrupt Priest'
  • 'Sacrifice someone'
  • 'Holy Impregnation'
  • 'Lilith's Touch'

Artifacts:

• Lilith's Seducer
  • Lilith's Scepter
  • Lilith's Dagger
  • Lilith's Bow
  • Lilith's Armor
  • Lilith's Crown

New Disease: (Requires "The Reaper's Due") Maybe you have heard of "The Dancing Plague"? Where people dance uncontrollably in the streets until they are totally exhausted? Well, this plague has inspired Lilith to unleash her own plague, called "Lilith's Plague". Instead of dancing to exhaustion the victims of this plague do a lot more than just shake their legs and engage in mindless procreation to the point of total exhaustion. This plague hasn't killed anyone yet, but anyone under the influence of it will end up thoroughly fucked and with a smile on their face.

New traits:

• raped: A person that was sexually molested against their will receives this trait. It has some negative side effects, but they have been lowered from previous versions of this mod and are no longer that severe-
  • rapist: A person that (at least once) has violated someone else sexually against their will.
  • asocial: This trait can only be gained by male (and female) rulers in command of armies during a special event. It indicates that this person is not averse to sexual violence and will make certain events more severe or even fatal for the victims of his debauchery.
  • dwtstablewhore: Available for female rulers with a certain affinity for horses.
  • sexcrazed: A cursed trait that turns the afflicted into a nymphomaniac without, conscience self respect or compassion.
  • lilith_plague: People affected by the Lilith Plague might temporarily get this trait while being under the influence.
  • birthctrl: A trait that grants infertility. It is only available to children of Lilith who are members of the Society "Lilith's Own" and it can be activated and deactivated through the decisions panel. However: It comes at a price of loosing monthly piety and prestige while active.

Exotic Caravan: Off and on an exotic caravan passes through the lands and aside from bringing stories it may also allow you to get some presents. This event chain was fixed up by Aliris, so many thanks for that!

Tentacle: If you have the trait "Lilith" from the "Children of Lilith" mod, then you have the option to send the tentacle monster after selected characters to have some fun with them. This might prove fatal for the selected characters and will certainly not do them any good.

Procreo: Through your character menu you can visit the "Exotic Emporium" to buy a dog. A female ruler can "entertain" herself with the dog. Both a male and female ruler can send the dog after select characters. Strong characters might resist, causing damage or fatalities to themselves or the dog. In any case: Sending your dog after a member of your court will not make you extremely popular with them.

Lovers Embrace: A female or a male ruler with the "Lilith" trait can choose to drain the life power of their lovers to gain piety. Simple usage causes discomfort and recoverable illness for the target. Repeat usage can be fatal for the target.

Court Events: Several court related events have been added and may happen at random. Female rulers not in command of their armies might get taken advantage of on a (low) chance based bi-yearly basis. Additionally female rules with the Lilith trait might consensual 'have fun' with a male courtier without going through the seduction events.

Harley related: If you have Harley as court jester, then she will tempestously cause mischief and also a bit of grief on certain occasions. Sex and violence plaster her path. Starting with v1.1.0 she is even wilder than before. And starting with v1.3.0 she also might develop "special" friendships with your male offspring when it comes to age.

Dog related: Under certain conditions your pet dog (purchasable from the Exotic Emporium" might chase female courtiers on its own incentive.

Adulthood related: Once your daughters and sons (but also some offspring of courtiers) come of age, they might discover their sexuality. Which can bring you into stick and tempting situations. Will you remain strong? Or will you just be your usual self?

Prison related: If you are a male ruler and have female slaves in your prison, then on occasions you might feel tempted to sample the goods.

Rape of courtiers and prisoners: A new option has been added that allows you to rape courtiers. Slightly different scenarios exist depending on the gender of the ruler and the gender of the courtier or prisoner. This is basically the same multiple choice menu that is part of "Dark World", but has been slightly adjusted to the different scenarios. Especially this now allows for a female ruler to have some fun, too. However: If you treat your courtiers this way, neither them nor their families might like you very much anymore.

Army related: Female rulers in command of armies can gangbang their troops. Male and female rulers in command of armies also might get some chance based surprise sexual encounters which are triggered on bi-yearly basis.

Combat related: Male and Female (since v1.3.5) rulers in command will get the option to 'have fun' with members of the opposite sex that are found in the besieged enemy settlement once the siege is won. Up to three suitable candidates might be offered as selection. Spouse and children of the ruler get first pick, then it prioritizes by desirable characteristics such as age, virginity and appealing appearance. Female rules in command of an army that spectacularly looses a battle might get taken advantage of by an enemy commander.

Major changes between 1.0.2 and 1.3.5 include the following:

The negative side effects of the trait "raped" have been tuned down, as my longer non-consensual sex related changes in v1.1.0 have some staggering effects that might add up and deteriorate the health of a victim to a point where the victim will die. This might still happen if you have a violently resisting victim who was already at poor health before you started. Additionally: Any violation of a victim will now not only affect their opinion towards you. Nope. You also might offend their liege, their dynasty, family spouse and perhaps their children. So if you go on a rampage, then you won't make many friends and even the best chancellor can't undo the diplomatic damage that you do by bedding lots of unwilling women from influential families. But of course this also opens some possibilities for new gameplay styles. The Religion changes are gone for good and 1.3.0 saw a major extension of content with the addition of "Lilith's Own", the new artifacts, missions and even a "fucking plague" in the most literal sense.

Starting with 1.3.1 the random events for 'ruler in command of troops', 'female stay at home ruler' and the Harley random events can be disabled or enabled in the DW:Toska menu in the intrigue menu.

Acknowledgements

This mod borrows extensively from the old "Dark World", "ArgleBargle2" and also a bit from (I think) the "Christianity" mod. My profound thanks goes to the original makers of these mods. I started by just improving their original work a little (eventually I went further than that!) and a hell of a lot of praise should go to the initial makes of these mods and of course also to our hero dewguru for his continued support of "Dark World Reborn". Their tireless work and their stellar mods kept my love for CKII alive and prompted me to make this mod for my own usage. As thanks and tribute to them I am giving it back to the community and hope it will be accepted in the spirit that it was offered.

The route from v1.0.2 to 1.1.0 involved slightly over two weeks of almost full-time coding and testing and I'm about half way of where I want to be with this mod. In the progress of it I learned a lot, but there are still things I want to do that I haven't had the time for yet, or haven't found out how to do them. The work on 1.2.0-1.3.0 took another two weeks of full-time work and I am really appreciative about the feedback and praise (and also the occasional valid criticism) I have gotten for this mod.

I hope you have as much fun playing it as I had making it.

All blame for bugs or things that might not work perfectly should be directed to me and I'll try to fix it ASAP.

View File

Hello all,

I just uploaded my first CKII mod to Loverslab, although I have been modding a bit for different games for quite a while. As I stated in the "Acknowledgements" above: This mod (initally) contained very little original content out of my own feather (that came later) and just spliced bits and pieces from the old "Dark World" (and "ArgleBargle2") into "Dark World Reborn". Therefore a hell of a lot of  praise and credit should go to the original makers of the mentioned mods.

By now this mod offers a hell of a lot of extra content that also taps into features from the DLC "The Reaper's Due" and "Monks and Mystics". Although it is still playable without them.

The mods intention is to provide additional sexual content especially to anyone who follows the Children of Lilith path and wants to live out his (or her) debauchery to the fullest extend. To that end new events, missions, abilities, traits, opinion modifiers and other "fluff" have been added and await to be explored and used.

If you run into any issues or problems with this mod, then please let me know.

Thank you!

Nice little addition to the DW family. May I ask, what is the arglebargle mod you've mentioned? There's never enough adult mods and I can't find that one here.

Thank you! The mod from which I borrowed some events was called "ArgleBargle2" or "AB02". It is actually here on Loverslab. But it does not seem to work with CK2 v2.6+ anymore.

Nice little addition to the DW family. May I ask, what is the arglebargle mod you've mentioned? There's never enough adult mods and I can't find that one here.

Thank you! The mod from which I borrowed some events was called "ArgleBargle2" or "AB02". It is actually here on Loverslab. But it does not seem to work with CK2 v2.6+ anymore.

Ah, I see. I only saw it under the name of AB mod and thus disn't recognise your mention. Thanks for the link and good luck!

Your mod seems to break the Fortune Potion and Succubus/Inccubus modifiers when applied. You don't get the modifiers you're supposed to get after the Blood Moon Sacrifice and using the Potion thats suppose to give you extra cash.

Thank you. I think I identified the problem. I will publish an update a bit later today. In the meantime: Simply delete DWToska/common/event_modifiers/dw_event_mod.txt

That will fix the issue. I had one that was less complete than the one provided by "Dark World Core" and depending on load order that would probably cause this problem.

Version 1.0.1 has just been uploaded and it should address all issues that were brought up so far:

• If the dog is purchased through the Exotic Emporium, the correct character modifier "dw_pet_guard_dog" is now set.
  • Conflicts with Blood Moon related modifiers should all be fixed now.
  • The traits and modifiers for "rapist" and "raped" are now included in this mod. The previous version was calling them in some places, but had them missing.

Upgrade instructions: Remove the directory "DWToska" from your mod folder before you unpack the new archive into it.

When Harley turns up in my court her portrait is that of the Joker, it's kind of distrurbing, not something game breaking, but if you can fix that, that would be great.

and that too lol. seems like a typo cos harley is portrait 1. can fix with console>>> remove_trait portrait2 xxxxxx etc.

Hey hey,

i think the enslavement options from DWreborn are damaged by your mod. You may choose a training but the enslaved character wont get the "slave in training" trait... and (maybe as a result) the second dialog for further training or branding will not come up. Apart from this, good work, nice addition to DW.

Is there a debug log? Mod crashes game after few min a gameplay

Disclaimer - I'm NOT the Toska mod author, and I'm not interested in providing mod support for something I didn't make.

Regarding a debug log, go to the Crusader Kings II directory where you've got your mod folder. Staying in the Crusader Kings II folder, you should see a directory called logs. Inside the logs folder is a file called error.log. You can open and view it using a text editor like NotePad ++.

That's the only place that I'm aware of where the game may post error information. It usually does an okay job of saying what's causing an issue, so you may potentially find something that can help the mod author troubleshoot the issue.

Crashes after a min or two of gameplay with a blank event popup

When you say crashes, does it actually close itself, or does it just post a blank event that pretty much stops you from being able to get rid of it or proceed with the game?

If it's the second one (a blank event that pretty much stops you from being able to get rid of it or proceed with the game), that is usually from using a version of the base Crusader Kings II game that is an older, unsupported version. Now, I know folks used to require at least CK2 patched to 2.5x, but if you're that far and still getting it, then you may need to consider upgrading to the the CK2 2.6x patch. (Note: you do not need DLC to be patched to the current version).

If it's actually crashing and closing itself, well, I've no advice to offer.

One balancing suggestion, lower the frequency and piety gain of the automatic prisoner rape event.  It kind of breaks when played alongside the slavery stuff from DW.  With 20 women being trained as slaves in my dungeon, it gets extremely spammy and is my single largest source of piety gain, though in my case I'm running Satanism, so it's depravity, which makes even less sense o_O.

Bug Report:  When creating Harley, it assigns her the old portrait ID, causing her to spawn with the Joker's Portrait, instead of Harley's.

Changing

trait = portrait2

to

trait = portrait1 # Harley's photo

fixed the issue for me.

You can test this yourself by using the command

event DWTCourt.1000

to start the event on a blank game.

the tentacle rape spell could use a little bit of work i think, my female rulers daugthers (having the lilith trait) love attacking half of the world with tentacles

the oldest with 11 years has -20000 piety because of this

maybe a condition denying the use if the character has less that 100 piety or limiting the use to the player

the tentacle rape spell could use a little bit of work i think, my female rulers daugthers (having the lilith trait) love attacking half of the world with tentacles

the oldest with 11 years has -20000 piety because of this

maybe a condition denying the use if the character has less that 100 piety or limiting the use to the player

I agree, my character's children are rape happy and I suspect are the cause of the death of a number of my people.

Archived