[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

When starting with the "rise of the pack" scenario, is Fenris supposed to also be present in the game and not be a leader? I started the content as I started the game, and Fenris got into the court of a Irish count. From then on he went on several hunts and sired many many children accross the whole map, but that shouldn't be possible since the events are limited in range or scope.

All the werewolves in that list, beside my ruler's children, are from Fenris hunts.

I play with noxbestia's mod and slavery expanded.

I'm not really quite sure of what happened, nor do I know how to troubleshoot this issue I am having.

CK2game_2018-02-06_04-23-41.jpg

CK2game_2018-02-06_04-26-53.jpg

Seems like something broke along the way.

Fenris is supposed to spawn under the rule of somebody else and take the power a few years after. Judging by the date on the screenshot the start of the game is almost 40 years in the past which is too long for his rise to power. He rises to power normally in 10 years, in 5 years when his liege is trusting, content or slothful and in only one year when he is weak, slow, craven or older than 60 .

His liege is a little girl with the council fist which means she is one of the players vassals.

Fenris is not allowed to spawn in the players court and is supposed to flee when the player acquires is lieges title.

4 hours ago, bicobus said:

When starting with the "rise of the pack" scenario, is Fenris supposed to also be present in the game and not be a leader? I started the content as I started the game, and Fenris got into the court of a Irish count. From then on he went on several hunts and sired many many children accross the whole map, but that shouldn't be possible since the events are limited in range or scope.

All the werewolves in that list, beside my ruler's children, are from Fenris hunts.

I play with noxbestia's mod and slavery expanded.

I'm not really quite sure of what happened, nor do I know how to troubleshoot this issue I am having.

Fenris doesn't become a ruler of his own domain until a certain amount of time passes (it's quicker with weak leaders, and can be longer if he's constantly becoming a prisoner).

Fenris is also the only werewolf that can roam a much larger than normal range when he hunts (which is intentional to help seed werewolves around the map).

Edit: I've been doing a lot of testing lately, as I found some things that weren't functioning as expected. In my tests that spanned multiple years, he was rising to power as expected. I'll be looking at Fenris again in the next couple releases, as I've some small content plans related to him.

Edit 2: I didn't notice JesusKreist's post before responding, but time frame wise, those are the typical checks. So after the ten year mark, if he's not having to break out of prison, then he should rise to power.

I used the initial savegame I had, before fenris spawned into the world, and he properly rose to power the following year. Something must have farted in the other timeline for fenris to remain a courtier.

Continuing with the timeline of my immortal werewolf, is it possible for the player to marry fenris though? Or should I consider killing him? Is it possible to get him to change his religion? I also need to graduate from werewolf bitch to alpha, so that fenris leaves me alone, is there a way to achieve that?

2 hours ago, bicobus said:

Continuing with the timeline of my immortal werewolf, is it possible for the player to marry fenris though? Or should I consider killing him? Is it possible to get him to change his religion? I also need to graduate from werewolf bitch to alpha, so that fenris leaves me alone, is there a way to achieve that?

Fenris is marrying as a normal being does so yes it is possible.

To change his religion you'd need to convert him which is also normal CK2 stuff. He is not fixed onto his pagan religion for the rest of the game and pagan is faster to convert to a "big" relligion than say a muslim.

I do not know of a way to "enhance" the bitch status. Once you are a werewolf bitch you'll always be a werewolf bitch.

6 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

I do not know of a way to "enhance" the bitch status. Once you are a werewolf bitch you'll always be a werewolf bitch.

Silly me... I never even considered wanting to lose bitch status; I'm always happy to get it.  I might need to look at the equivalent stuff with my Night Wolves and consider some string of events the player can attempt in order to remove that status.

If the PC is old enough Fenris won't try to mate, even if the PC is immortal too. However I also realized that playing a female character is sub par, we are gated out of several vanilla options like the grand hunts. And so I'm not sure if it's due to Extended slavery or if it is due to my character being female, but I don't have access to the slaver guild decision.

Playing a tribal Irish king, I get the stable event. But to visit the stables I first need to adopt the feudal system and then build a stable.

3 hours ago, bicobus said:

If the PC is old enough Fenris won't try to mate, even if the PC is immortal too. However I also realized that playing a female character is sub par, we are gated out of several vanilla options like the grand hunts. And so I'm not sure if it's due to Extended slavery or if it is due to my character being female, but I don't have access to the slaver guild decision.

Playing a tribal Irish king, I get the stable event. But to visit the stables I first need to adopt the feudal system and then build a stable.

Hrm, you shouldn't get the stable morale event unless you've a valid stable (and there are a couple for tribes, just those in the steppe or desert). I'll take a look at the event and double check it's trigger.

Edit - nope wasn't checking to see if a valid stable even existed in the initial event. I'll include that so we avoid such odd recommendations about non-existent things from our Marshall's.

8 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

The slaver guild decision is from *drumroll* slavery expanded so problems/issues/suggestions/whatever are in the wrong place here.

Yeah, there is a thing with the offmap power now. It seems I need to unlock the ability by feeding slaves to the dragon. Oh well.

If I want to limit AI characters deciding to whore themselves out to only be slaves (would prefer slaves with whore focus only, but I suspect AI doesn't have that option), do I simply go to "dw_cc_decisions.txt" -> "dw_work_whore" -> add "trait = branded_slave" under "potential"?

potential = {
			is_adult = yes
			trait = branded_slave
			NOT = { trait = retired_whore } # A retired whore shouldn't even see the option.
			any_realm_province = {
				OR = {
					has_building = dw_brothel_1 # Castle
					has_building = dw_redlight_district_1 # City
					has_building = dw_morale_wagon_1 # Nomad
					has_building = dw_whore_pen_1 # Tribal
				}
			}			
		}

That would limit that decision to ONLY be taken as a branded slave.

It would have your desired effect of only slaves being able to work in the brothel.

But this simple trait check has an additional effect. It prevents "free individuals" from whoring.

Since a branded slave can't hold a title it would mean the player is locked out of whoring as well.

2 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

That would limit that decision to ONLY be taken as a branded slave.

It would have your desired effect of only slaves being able to work in the brothel.

But this simple trait check has an additional effect. It prevents "free individuals" from whoring.

Since a branded slave can't hold a title it would mean the player is locked out of whoring as well.

That's pretty much all I want from it. Thanks.

Just noticed that Fenris (Pecheneg) left for China to be a eunuch soon after spawning (only sired one child on a hunt). And Vlad (Bedouin) is on a kowtow.

CK2 v2.8.1.1

DWR v1.62

Also installed (no conflicting files with DWR):

Bigger Events v2

Elegant Warfare v1.1

From HIP: only CPRplus, ARKOpack Armoiries and Lindbrooks Texture Map

Bigger Interface for HIP

Edit: Forgot to mention that I always pack mods into zip archives, in case that matters (everything else seems to work as it should, though).

35 minutes ago, Santr said:

Just noticed that Fenris (Pecheneg) left for China to be a eunuch soon after spawning (only sired one child on a hunt). And Vlad (Bedouin) is on a kowtow.

CK2 v2.8.1.1

DWR v1.62

Also installed (no conflicting files with DWR):

Bigger Events v2

Elegant Warfare v1.1

From HIP: only CPRplus, ARKOpack Armoiries and Lindbrooks Texture Map

Bigger Interface for HIP

I suppose that's one way to deal with preventing a werewolf outbreak.

Not really certain how to stop the whole being sent off to be a eunuch thing without messing with vanilla files.

Vlad going on a kowtow isn't a big deal.

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

Not really certain how to stop the whole being sent off to be a eunuch thing without messing with vanilla files.

@dewguru I'll look into preventing Fenris form doing this, if for nothing more than my own sub-mod.

11 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Hey @noxbestia - I just noticed that you've asked the same question that I just did in the Paradox forums.

Did you ever get a response or figure out how to have a variable work in setting random chance?

If you mean something like random = { chance = myvar <effects here> } or the equivalen with random_list, it's impossible.

What you can do is the following if = { limit = { random > myvar } <effects here> }. "random > x" is a condition that generates a random integer between 0 and 100 (or 0 and 99 or 1 and 100, don't remember it exactly) and compares it to the provided value. You can use any comparison operator with this trigger and feed variables to it. The limitations is that you can't use modifier or additive_modifier with it like you can with random and random_list effects, and that simulating even a simple random_list with this trick grows mathematically complex and hard to read pretty fast.

Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to the alchemist which makes an enlargement of the balls possible. Should work similar to the options for breasts and penis. I tried it my self via copying the code from the penis event but somehow it won't work. The console says that the event does not exist. On the other hand I tried it also for enlargement of the ass which worked. 

5 hours ago, dewguru said:

quick dirty fix: if you give the eunuch_gift flag to a character, it'll become immune to being sent to china from the dcision and from a couple random events. No idea if that covers all sources or not. No other side effects as of now (the flag isn't used in vanilla in any other context, but to prevent an european to sending back as tribute a character that was theoretically received from China as a gift).

39 minutes ago, Kane184 said:

Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to the alchemist which makes an enlargement of the balls possible. Should work similar to the options for breasts and penis. I tried it my self via copying the code from the penis event but somehow it won't work. The console says that the event does not exist. On the other hand I tried it also for enlargement of the ass which worked. 

At this time - since you're talking about traits that are not part of my mod, my answer would be no. I've too many other things that I plan on adding at this time.

43 minutes ago, ngppgn said:

If you mean something like random = { chance = myvar <effects here> } or the equivalen with random_list, it's impossible.

What you can do is the following if = { limit = { random > myvar } <effects here> }. "random > x" is a condition that generates a random integer between 0 and 100 (or 0 and 99 or 1 and 100, don't remember it exactly) and compares it to the provided value. You can use any comparison operator with this trigger and feed variables to it. The limitations is that you can't use modifier or additive_modifier with it like you can with random and random_list effects, and that simulating even a simple random_list with this trick grows mathematically complex and hard to read pretty fast.

Bah. Being able to have chance = myvar would be extremely useful.

I've another idea on how I can do what I want using modifiers that check the variable, but that's no where near as straightforward.

33 minutes ago, ngppgn said:

quick dirty fix: if you give the eunuch_gift flag to a character, it'll become immune to being sent to china from the dcision and from a couple random events. No idea if that covers all sources or not. No other side effects as of now (the flag isn't used in vanilla in any other context, but to prevent an european to sending back as tribute a character that was theoretically received from China as a gift).

Cool. Quick and dirty sounds reasonable.

48 minutes ago, Kane184 said:

Sorry, I thought the balls traits were also part of your mod

No worries. Dark World only has breasts and dicks. Ass, balls, and any others are from a sub-mod you're using.

But as we continue to improve compatibility, there may be a time where I could add it and simply exclude it from those who don't have the sub-mod, so it could happen someday. Just not now. :smile: