[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

Being able to mod a secret society would be so much easier if they had a freaking on_action item like the on_character_ask_to_join_society, but for showing interest instead. Something like a on_character_shows_interest_to_join_society.

That's all. Just a mini-rant on my headache with this.

Edit/Update: Well there is an on_action after all. My interpretation of what it handled was simply off when I looked at it.

on_character_switch_society_interest looks like what I was needing all along. So I now have two very basic societies that can be joined.

Through the Wizard's College, one will be able to become a mage (obtaining the trait) if they so choose as they advance through the society.

No estimated release time frame yet beyond 'sometime in November.'

Oh, so on_character_switch_society_interest also fires when you first show interest in any society? Good to know.

What's the other society? Can mages be of any supernatural kind? Do mages have powers right now,and if so, can they use them after leaving the society?

Also, what's the other society about?

Oh, so on_character_switch_society_interest also fires when you first show interest in any society? Good to know.

What's the other society? Can mages be of any supernatural kind? Do mages have powers right now,and if so, can they use them after leaving the society?

Also, what's the other society about?

There is a learning rank limitation to being able to join the Wizard's College.

Everyone who joins out of the gate isn't a mage, and you can opt to not become a mage as you advance, although those who become mages (the option to unlock your potential is at rank 2 or 3) will have a greater chance of advancing, as the society gives extra points for those with the mage trait.

There is no racial trait limitation on becoming a mage - so you could be an Orc Mage for example.

Right now - the abilities and 'spells' are going to be powers within the Wizards College, so leaving the college would remove the ability to use said powers. That may change in the future - as I'd like to add it where if someone leaves the Wizards College, they're seen as a rival/threat that would need to be dealt with.

The other society is The Chosen of Lilith. It's has even less than the Wizards College at the moment. I think it would have a similar high rank mechanic where someone could try to commune with Lilith to receive her blessing (become an Incubus or Succubus).

I'm actually thinking about adding a couple more. One related to vampires and one related to werewolves. I think I can create them - set them to not populate at game start - and then set it where Fenris and Vlad become their founders.

There is a learning rank limitation to being able to join the Wizard's College.

Everyone who joins out of the gate isn't a mage, and you can opt to not become a mage as you advance, although those who become mages (the option to unlock your potential is at rank 2 or 3) will have a greater chance of advancing, as the society gives extra points for those with the mage trait.

There is no racial trait limitation on becoming a mage - so you could be an Orc Mage for example.

Right now - the abilities and 'spells' are going to be powers within the Wizards College, so leaving the college would remove the ability to use said powers. That may change in the future - as I'd like to add it where if someone leaves the Wizards College, they're seen as a rival/threat that would need to be dealt with.

The other society is The Chosen of Lilith. It's has even less than the Wizards College at the moment. I think it would have a similar high rank mechanic where someone could try to commune with Lilith to receive her blessing (become an Incubus or Succubus).

I'm actually thinking about adding a couple more. One related to vampires and one related to werewolves. I think I can create them - set them to not populate at game start - and then set it where Fenris and Vlad become their founders.

I love the idea of the "Renegade mages".

If I may have a few questions. I'm little impatient about this update, because so far it sounds awesome.

A) If player left the society, will they get an event about their departure from Collage?

B) Will player receive something like a "brand" which is opposite to a "mage" trait? Simply something, which identifies them as renegade mages.

C) Is there a possibility of somehow learning Dark magic, if player left the Wizard's College and has "mage" trait?

Would be absolutely amazing to have an option to learn unconventional magic even after leaving the College. And probably only way of gaining new never and unique abilities.

Lilith society sounds incredibly good, because it can give characters a chance of reviving Succubus trait. Sometimes simply stuff happens and single heir with a demonic trait dies. And that's a game over for anyone who wants a demonic dynasty of Lilith Worshippers.

About the other society. I may be here at minority, but I'd personally like to see Vampire society first. Those poor guys deserve some love, since they don't have many features and mechanics, yet.

Oh... If it's sometimes in November, it's going to be a update for 2.7 version or 2.8?

I love the idea of the "Renegade mages".

If I may have a few questions. I'm little impatient about this update, because so far it sounds awesome.

A) If player left the society, will they get an event about their departure from Collage?

B) Will player receive something like a "brand" which is opposite to a "mage" trait? Simply something, which identifies them as renegade mages.

C) Is there a possibility of somehow learning Dark magic, if player left the Wizard's College and has "mage" trait?

Would be absolutely amazing to have an option to learn unconventional magic even after leaving the College. And probably only way of gaining new never and unique abilities.

Lilith society sounds incredibly good, because it can give characters a chance of reviving Succubus trait. Sometimes simply stuff happens and single heir with a demonic trait dies. And that's a game over for anyone who wants a demonic dynasty of Lilith Worshippers.

About the other society. I may be here at minority, but I'd personally like to see Vampire society first. Those poor guys deserve some love, since they don't have many features and mechanics, yet.

Oh... If it's sometimes in November, it's going to be a update for 2.7 version or 2.8?

It isn't as awesome as it seems. :)

The whole renegade mage thing is something that won't be in it upon release. It's an idea where I'd like to take it someday.

One thing that should be noted - the Wizards College will have the same kind of corruption chances that exist when one joins a devil worshiping cult. That is because arcane powers are not natural, and there are risks involved. So in a way - all arcane magic could be considered 'dark' in a way.

And while as I type this, the Chosen of Lilith doesn't offer the chance to get a succubus or incubus trait, it has a high chance of being in there when I release it.

Since my modding desire wasn't that high, it's taken me a lot longer than normal to dissect how some aspects of the society system work. I think I've got most of them worked out now, so I'm going to look at including some content in them now. As it stands, besides the joining chain, the mages have 4 things, and the Chosen of Lilith only have 3.

Regarding whether it'd be for 2.7 or 2.8, if the new DLC hits before I'm done, I'll look to make it compatible with that, so it'd be 2.8. If I somehow feel comfortable enough releasing it sooner, then it'd be for 2.7.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 10:42 AM, dewguru said:

Being able to mod a secret society would be so much easier if they had a freaking on_action item like the on_character_ask_to_join_society, but for showing interest instead. Something like a on_character_shows_interest_to_join_society.

That's all. Just a mini-rant on my headache with this.

Edit/Update: Well there is an on_action after all. My interpretation of what it handled was simply off when I looked at it.

on_character_switch_society_interest looks like what I was needing all along. So I now have two very basic societies that can be joined.

Through the Wizard's College, one will be able to become a mage (obtaining the trait) if they so choose as they advance through the society.

No estimated release time frame yet beyond 'sometime in November.'

There's already a Hogwarts mod that is quite popular. Might I suggest taking a look at how that handles things or perhaps a compatibility check? Maybe just add Gryffindor to Herminie in case someone has that mod.

It handles wizard houses and a genetic system to figure out who inherits magic. As well as adding a Ministry of Magic secret society. I've been using it in conjunction with the wizards in Dark World by adding the traits to the spawned NPCs in the files.

IDK, with all the Harry Potter characters you've added, having some Harry Potter themes would compliment it I would think. You could even add some others and have Herminie start as a lover with Ron and add an event where she breaks up with him for your ruler.

Also, are there plans of getting Luna and Ginny without making Herminie lustful?

http://steamworkshop.download/download/view/1130232476

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1130232476&searchtext=Hogwarts

These are all just ideas of course.

10 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

There's already a Hogwarts mod that is quite popular. Might I suggest taking a look at how that handles things or perhaps a compatibility check? Maybe just add Gryffindor to Herminie in case someone has that mod.

It handles wizard houses and a genetic system to figure out who inherits magic. As well as adding a Ministry of Magic secret society. I've been using it in conjunction with the wizards in Dark World by adding the traits to the spawned NPCs in the files.

IDK, with all the Harry Potter characters you've added, having some Harry Potter themes would compliment it I would think. You could even add some others and have Herminie start as a lover with Ron and add an event where she breaks up with him for your ruler.

Also, are there plans of getting Luna and Ginny without making Herminie lustful?

http://steamworkshop.download/download/view/1130232476

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1130232476&searchtext=Hogwarts

These are all just ideas of course.

An interesting idea, but one that I think would be best if I don't explore at the moment. Mainly because I'm sick of modding for societies at the moment. My good progress hit a wall last week as I've not touched it once. That luckily has changed this evening as I've poked it with a stick a little more.

Well, it seems the mod Sketchy Cheat Menu ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608738995&searchtext= ) isn't compatible with this mod.  :(

Which is sad because I like both (although I'm not much into the sex parts of this mod, but eh).  Anyhow, do you have any plans to make your mod compatible with the Sketchy Cheat Menu?

The problems between the two mods is that the Sketchy Cheat Menu removes the Werewolf hunting decision, as well as the fairy tale decisions too.  Also, with it used, the portraits from your mod appear blank.  I hope you do make the two compatible.

And the reason I'm using the Sketchy Cheat menu in the first place?  Because it's a pain in the butt to get your threat level to go down!

Ok, with the new mod to prep for DLC (Jade Kitchen or whatever it is called), I noticed that my family's shield has changed, the portrait has changed and all the powers associated with my fully evolved succubus queen of England Aja  has none of her powers. The traits are still there.    I am only running DW mod and I have not added Jade Dragon, Monks and Mystics DLC either because I wait to see how the DLC rates and then, if it is "mixed" I wait until steam offers it for 80% off to buy........or until Dewguru makes it a requirement for his DW mod.

I didn't go any further into the game, as I immediately came here to see if others were reporting strange issues with their CK2 DW game.   I will head back in and start over (one of these days I will make it past the 100 year mark for my dynasties), to see if it still works.  

I am not blaming Paradox.   CK2 (with the LL mods like DW) is the best family tree simulator out there!

5 hours ago, gamerguy19 said:

Well, it seems the mod Sketchy Cheat Menu ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608738995&searchtext= ) isn't compatible with this mod.  :(

Which is sad because I like both (although I'm not much into the sex parts of this mod, but eh).  Anyhow, do you have any plans to make your mod compatible with the Sketchy Cheat Menu?

The problems between the two mods is that the Sketchy Cheat Menu removes the Werewolf hunting decision, as well as the fairy tale decisions too.  Also, with it used, the portraits from your mod appear blank.  I hope you do make the two compatible.

And the reason I'm using the Sketchy Cheat menu in the first place?  Because it's a pain in the butt to get your threat level to go down!

open console: infamy <Amount> Sets the infamy of the player http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Console_commands 

5 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Ok, with the new mod to prep for DLC (Jade Kitchen or whatever it is called), I noticed that my family's shield has changed, the portrait has changed and all the powers associated with my fully evolved succubus queen of England Aja  has none of her powers. The traits are still there.    I am only running DW mod and I have not added Jade Dragon, Monks and Mystics DLC either because I wait to see how the DLC rates and then, if it is "mixed" I wait until steam offers it for 80% off to buy........or until Dewguru makes it a requirement for his DW mod.

I didn't go any further into the game, as I immediately came here to see if others were reporting strange issues with their CK2 DW game.   I will head back in and start over (one of these days I will make it past the 100 year mark for my dynasties), to see if it still works.  

I am not blaming Paradox.   CK2 (with the LL mods like DW) is the best family tree simulator out there!

Well the game did update. The update could be bugging the save. 

14 hours ago, Jinx_Sir said:

Well the game did update. The update could be bugging the save. 

If the update added new traits, then every trait that came with mods will be screwed in your saves. CK II uses order numbers for traits and with new traits, those numbers are changed