Lewd mods and XCOM 2

@ jotunnqi & kirbys_folly:

It's how the meshes work. Normally (kevlar and plated), the meshes are split up into arms, legs and torso. The pelvis area is handled by the legs. BUT, in the powered armors, the actual pelvis polygons are in the torso mesh, not in the legs mesh. I guess they did this because it gives it a different look on the behavior of the armor. Looks more rigid, it's the ribcage and spine that control that part, and not the pelvis.

Think of it this way: a bikini has 2 parts, top and bottom. the torso would control the top, and the pelvis would control the bottom. But in a uni-swimsuit, it's a just one piece of "fabric" (mesh), and they rigged it to the torso, not the pelvis.

All this to say that yeah, one would need a new mesh where the pelvis polygons are in the legs mesh, not the torso. Like chaps. I'm currently working on one. :)

@ SoylentGreen4Uall:

In a similar vain, civilians, vips and avenger crew members call upon a different mesh. Instead of them being 3 different ones, arms, legs, torso, they call upon a new full-body mesh. If you have 3d software (I use blender), you could import all 3 parts from moomany's barebare mod, join them into one mesh, and then just a matter of changing each line for civilians as to what mesh they call up. (there's about 40 different lines you have to replace in order to change all civilian types, upscale and shanty, vips, avenger crew, etc.)

That, or, I'm also currently working on one. :)

EDIT:

This is what I'm working on:

1. Torso_Pack

2. Legs_Pack

3. FullBodyClerks_Pack

4. Props_Pack

5. Valkyrie

I'll post some images to show you guys how it's coming along. I'm just having a few problems with textures on bikinis. They're not taking patterns or are messing up the colors. I hope to release these soon. I know you all want 'em! Especially the boots one!

EDIT 2: Screenshots.

I love see this mod avaliable to download!

@ jotunnqi & kirbys_folly:

It's how the meshes work. Normally (kevlar and plated), the meshes are split up into arms, legs and torso. The pelvis area is handled by the legs. BUT, in the powered armors, the actual pelvis polygons are in the torso mesh, not in the legs mesh. I guess they did this because it gives it a different look on the behavior of the armor. Looks more rigid, it's the ribcage and spine that control that part, and not the pelvis.

Think of it this way: a bikini has 2 parts, top and bottom. the torso would control the top, and the pelvis would control the bottom. But in a uni-swimsuit, it's a just one piece of "fabric" (mesh), and they rigged it to the torso, not the pelvis.

All this to say that yeah, one would need a new mesh where the pelvis polygons are in the legs mesh, not the torso. Like chaps. I'm currently working on one. :)

@ SoylentGreen4Uall:

In a similar vain, civilians, vips and avenger crew members call upon a different mesh. Instead of them being 3 different ones, arms, legs, torso, they call upon a new full-body mesh. If you have 3d software (I use blender), you could import all 3 parts from moomany's barebare mod, join them into one mesh, and then just a matter of changing each line for civilians as to what mesh they call up. (there's about 40 different lines you have to replace in order to change all civilian types, upscale and shanty, vips, avenger crew, etc.)

That, or, I'm also currently working on one. :)

EDIT:

This is what I'm working on:

1. Torso_Pack

2. Legs_Pack

3. FullBodyClerks_Pack

4. Props_Pack

5. Valkyrie

I'll post some images to show you guys how it's coming along. I'm just having a few problems with textures on bikinis. They're not taking patterns or are messing up the colors. I hope to release these soon. I know you all want 'em! Especially the boots one!

EDIT 2: Screenshots.

It looks great, the crew part in particular.  The different suits for soldiers are cool as well.  My idea for fixing tier 3 armor would be to create several suits ( like a bikini bottom, full bikini, one piece swimsuit and a bikini top for the power armor.

Ah, I knew I forgot one. Seemingly, the most or one of the most coveted ones, Power Armored Chaps!

Looks awesome! Please, can you do a naked version of the E.X.O. suit with all servo parts on their usual places but without armor\clothes parts? It can be great.

Ok, FullBodyClerks is almost ready. Torso and Legs still need work. Those damn textures and mesh clippings!

Anyway, which mod folder should I zip and upload? The one that saves in MyDocuments/FiraxisModBuddy/XCOM? or the one that saves in XCOM 2 SDK?

I've never published a mod, so I don't know.

I zipped mine from the folder inside the main game mod folder. I suppose the one inside modbuddy isn't properly compiled or something...

First off, great work to all the modders and @kexx456 I can't wait for your stuff..

Here's some random information concerning the mods from this thread and DLCs that could save new users a lot of frustration: 

BareBaremod had invisible textures on vanilla and still after installing anarchy's children. I don't know exactly whether it was the Alien Hunters DLC or Shens Last Gift or even an update that made it work because I Installed both at the same time but I guess it might have been Alien Hunters because Shens Last Gift is so new. 

modmodmod completely breaks the game if you've got all DLC installed and have the game fairly up to date like me. First thing you will notice is the random xcom soldier appearing in the main menu is invisible and character creation is completely messed up, invisible new characters and existing ones may look differently. Don't know which update/DLC broke this mod but hey, this could have saved me some frustration trying to find out which mod can break the game so hard

BareBaremod had invisible textures on vanilla and still after installing anarchy's children. I don't know exactly whether it was the Alien Hunters DLC or Shens Last Gift or even an update that made it work because I Installed both at the same time but I guess it might have been Alien Hunters because Shens Last Gift is so new. 

have the same troubles!

Much further back in the thread, I asked if someone could figure out a way to use the tattoo quirk to create a "fully body monocolor tattoo," which would enable us to potentially use the tattoo layer for clothes, allowing us to create, for lack of a better term, customizable bodysuits and catsuits for our soldiers.

After experimenting with a variety of different mods, it turns out that this isn't actually necessary anymore.

Using Camaru's More Skin Colors mod, you can actually use the skin layer itself as a full body skintight suit. This accomplishes one of the original things that some of us wanted, myself included, which was a way to use the tattoos to create bodysuits with customizable colors and decorations. The attached pictures are one such example of this. In essence, the skin layer becomes the bodysuit layer, and the tattoo layer becomes the decorative layer for adding patterns and symbols to the suit.

There are only a few minor problems with this as it stands. The first is that changing the skin color obviously changes the character's entire skin, including their face, which means for the most part that the face will need to be covered, unfortunately, to sell the illusion of the bodysuit. So we can make Power Rangers, but not G.I. Joes or X-Men. I'm getting around this by giving characters a combination of hats and face accessories that complely covers their heads, but it's a non-ideal solution from a decorative perspective. We'd obviously like to have the freedom to give a character a bodysuit, a ten gallon cowboy hat, and a giant cigar if we wanted to.

The second is that the tattoos are still all on a single color, which limits our creative options. As you can see in my pictures, I've combined a fishscale tattoo on one arm with a tribal tattoo on the other. However, the pattern would be much more striking if they could both be different colors. This is currently not possible. 

The third issue is that these models are still the BareBare models, which means they have genitals, nipples, and navels. This rather ruins the illusion of a skin-tight catsuit or colored and patterned bodysuit.

And the final issue is that there are no BareBare models (yet, as it's clearly being worked on) that are not barefoot. 

So I have a small list of four humble requests to those of you who are tinkering with the soldier models.

• Please figure out a way to isolate the head from the rest of the body from the top or middle of the neck down. This would really help with the illusion that the torso and leg skin color is actually a clothing layer, and not just colored skin.
  • Please figure out a way to allow tattoos on the left and right arms to be different colors, as this would be the holy grail of decorating and allow you to actually combine different sleeves, patterns, and symbols instead of simply trying to find those that don't overlap into horrible messes. 
  • Please create some "neuter" models that lack genitals, nipples, and navels. This should be relatively easy, since the BareBare already exists as a base for it, and if I knew anything about modeling, I could probably do this myself. But I don't, and I won't pretend that I do. For those of you who don't think full body suits so tight they literally look painted on are lewd enough, remember, if we can get it to look like it 'isn't' skin, then camel toes, crotch bulges, and nipple bumps will inevitably follow at some point.
  • And tied in with the prior request, please give some of the models boots or shoes, preferably ones that terminate between the ankle and the knee. Knee-highs would also be good, as would simply modifying the neuter legs to have "comic book feet," i.e. bean shaped feet without toe distinction, so the bare feet look like they are a continuous part of the suit.

The first two will probably be the most difficult, and the least likely to ever happen, but since the modelers are already in there digging under the hood with the models and attached layers, I figured I might as well ask. Just having the third and fourth ones would be more than enough, but if anyone feels like going above and beyond the call of duty, there it is.

Thanks again to all of you who are doing this, and huge props to Kexx for actually making accessories and boots. And if any of you are wondering about the mods I'm using to achieve the pictures I took, they are:

Mantid's XXL Tattoo Pack

Bistritean's Military Camoflage Patterns

And the helmet is a combination of the white Avatar Mask as a face prop and the Lancer Helmet as a hat, from I'm not really sure, since I have about six different mods that could be adding them. If you're big on decorating like I am, you probably already have these as things you can combine. If not, then I'll sort through all my accessory mods and try to find exactly which ones it is if you ask.

post-1151378-0-65523100-1468554226_thumb.jpg

post-1151378-0-60192800-1468554230_thumb.jpg

post-1151378-0-97301900-1468554233_thumb.jpg

post-1151378-0-54861800-1468554236_thumb.jpg

I still can not get the mod buddy unreal editor to load.  It shows as loading then no window opens.  also debug crashes with v0000???? error.  I reinstalled and nothing.  IS IT WORKING for people with all the DLC installed?

I've never been able to get that thing to load, not since launch.

I still can not get the mod buddy unreal editor to load.  It shows as loading then no window opens.  also debug crashes with v0000???? error.  I reinstalled and nothing.  IS IT WORKING for people with all the DLC installed?

I've never been able to get that thing to load, not since launch.

It was working fine for me, then nothing.  I can not add tattoos to my mod without it.

Look into reddit, several people had their editors stop working after the latest patch/dlc. Plenty have been able to resolve their issues, i'd start there.

Couple things, folks:

1. One of the several reasons I haven't released the Torso Pack yet, is because I'm fine tuning small details. One of those is I can't figure out why the colors and patterns in the bikini torsos aren't behaving like any other type of clothing. As you can see from the pics I posted, they have this milky white layer on top and looks bad IMO. I'm still figuring out, but here's the question: Do you guys mind these pesky trivialities? I mean, outside of that, I think it's ready for release, so you guys let me know.

2. The 2nd reason it's not out yet, is because I'm preparing a little surprise. :D Let's just say my fellow space explorers will be more than happy.

I certainly wouldn't mind a few visual glitches on a few parts. :)

@Kexx Kinda :P

For the Kevlar tier materials

Dif:

RGB: Texutre, it doesn't have to be white, infact most of the time it's grayish/brown in xcom textures

Alpha: reflectiveness, darker is more reflective, lighter is less

Norm:

nothing fancy but you do need to compress it to normalmapBC5 (in the sdk under compression settings, either during import or double click the texture)

Msk:

R: Specular, how shiny something is (note, not how reflective), lighter is nore shiny

G: Occlusion, because xcom uses pbr, shadows should not be baked into textures (not that I've figured out how to do this or make a good occlusion map)

B: Tint mask, 100% white (or 255) pretty much overrides specular, makes everything look flat, I usually use 90-93%ish white, you can make bits darker to add details if you want

Alpha: This one is complicated, xcom materials have flags you can choose, this can be secondary tint (no flag) emissive, or metal....or 255 (full white) as emissive and 128 (50% white) as metal at the same time, or a combination of all those (usually with bad results)

Note this is for T1 Armour, tier 1 weapons are pretty much the same, T2 armour and weapons are similar but the dark, light levels are different, T3 is a mess.

Zip the compiled one in your XCom2/Xcom2SDK folder, doesn't matter which, but not the modbuddy one in your documents folder.