Fallout 4 HDT?

Well... i am pretty ignorant on this hdt business, but... when i make my character butt HUGE, they jingle, there is some fat bones around the butt and breasts, i don't know if havok see this as soft bodys or the jingle is on the animation, in my small limitated mind i would say, edit those bones :) But i am sure that this is not so easy to do or we would have some nice physics already.

In my quick test using the dress bones to the butt, the butt jingles more, a little strange, but it kind of work...

I would love to see you Pampas armor with butt physics...is the only thing my PC wears lately, and her butt needs some bounce sometimes xD

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is already some physics available, through the cloth simulation, the way it was done with CBBE with Physics for F4. I think that it should be possible to apply the same physics solution to cloth meshes. 

To me, as an animator and rigger, it seems to be the best soultion. Because it won't require to mess with making new skeletons. Because making new skeletons (adding bones to existing) for f4 is still impossible in practice. Unless I missed something, I did not follow this for about a month.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is already some physics available, through the cloth simulation, the way it was done with CBBE with Physics for F4. I think that it should be possible to apply the same physics solution to cloth meshes. 

To me, as an animator and rigger, it seems to be the best soultion. Because it won't require to mess with making new skeletons. Because making new skeletons (adding bones to existing) for f4 is still impossible in practice. Unless I missed something, I did not follow this for about a month.

The cloth don't work for body simulation, the body is like a softbody and the cloth, well, is cloth... so for example i put some dress physics on my character butt, and the result was bizarre, the butt grown when walking, the butt just float around :) So don't work... sturges googles is different, they work much better, but there is no softbody in fo4 that we can copy the bones...

So, this talk let me inspired, and i made more tests today...

First i try others dresses to put on cbbe butt, the result was in best way strange, the butt float around, no bounce, so i understand why cbbe is using sturges bones to make the breasts, them i try to use the breasts weights on the butt, and it worked, almost, the mesh breaks all the time, but bounce, them i take a look on sturges outfit and noted that they have 3 bones in the hips, so i took this and copy into the cbbe, and voila, we have some very strange bouncing butt.

For now i test only with the 2 bones, left and right, sometimes the butt try to run away from the body, like breasts do too, but is in just some conditions, so next phase is to adjust this weights (they are very different from the breasts one, i will take a look on hdt as reference) and put the third bone on the middle, with this third bone i think i can avoid one butt collapse on another and together with this improve the bounce on the center of the butt.

Here some test i made for the butt.

http://www105.zippyshare.com/v/bZXuI8jo/file.html

Walking, running is ok, when aiming and side walk some time the butt runs away from the body, but work, almost :)

Maybe this can be some start for someone who know more this stuff?

I put on LL too, i notice that zippyshare have some advertise that lead to virus etc...

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3372-physics-butt-test-cbbe-fo4-concept-only-wip/

Walking, running is ok, when aiming and side walk some time the butt runs away from the body, but work, almost :)

I put on LL too, i notice that zippyshare have some advertise that lead to virus etc...

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3372-physics-butt-test-cbbe-fo4-concept-only-wip/

wowww

Thank you!

I'm really glad that people are making progress on physics in Fallout 4. Having a "properly" bodyslided body and all feels just... bland... without the physics and the jiggle. Please keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Walking, running is ok, when aiming and side walk some time the butt runs away from the body, but work, almost smile.png

bodyslide files please!

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

sorry to necro-post this thread, but I'd be interested in the state of HDT-like physics in Fallout 4. I know that there is BBP for CBBE, however when I last tried it, it didn't work for armor, and it wasn't bodyslide-compatible (I think). What's the current state in this matter?

Thanks,

Alan

Hi guys,

sorry to necro-post this thread, but I'd be interested in the state of HDT-like physics in Fallout 4. I know that there is BBP for CBBE, however when I last tried it, it didn't work for armor, and it wasn't bodyslide-compatible (I think). What's the current state in this matter?

Thanks,

Alan

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21796/?

This works pretty good for me and there are several good outfits in the files section for bodyslide as well as a few on Nexus separately. There is a tutorial also on how to add weights to CBBE outfits but my experience was more miss than hit (I am sure it was my errors, more bodyslide experience needed) 

Lots of Atomic Beauty bodyslide physics on Nexus now, search physics.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Following the instructions from various sources here and in other forums I concluded that it is possible to use Fallout 4's own physics engine to animate the breasts, but the problem is that as far as I can see there is no way to edit the values of weight, friction and etc., making the effect virtually imperceptible and very incorrect (the "default" jiggle is too fast and too limited).

Following the instructions from various sources here and in other forums I concluded that it is possible to use Fallout 4's own physics engine to animate the breasts, but the problem is that as far as I can see there is no way to edit the values of weight, friction and etc., making the effect virtually imperceptible and very incorrect (the "default" jiggle is too fast and too limited).

yep.

all fallout 4 physics available solutions just look bad.

The movement is just not right since we are using workarounds and can't tweak the havok.

I know is not a essential thing but Is one of the reasons I'm not invested in modding FO4.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 7:06 AM, tm2dragon said:

So, any idea how close we may be to a unified physics engine?  I recall it taking several year after Skyrim, so I figured we wouldn't get any jiggle options that were really usable till at LEAST 2018.

I believe it took around 3 years before HDT PE was a thing for Skyrim and Fallout 4 modding is nowhere as active as Skyrim was (but to be fair skyrim modding was exceptional)

So yeah 2018 is a bare minimum and even then fairly unlikely (unless that is, it benefits of some advances on skyrim SE but I doubt it)

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong, but HDT use a free open 32bits physics, an there is no 64bits free application like this.

Havok is a pain because we don't have acess to havok to edit in a friendly way.

Havok can make incredible simulations, and i dare to say, even better them HDT, but bethesda only made cloth simulations, so all values we use are from cloths, you can see this if you use the cherry hotalings physics with a big butt, the butt will collapse.

So... the fun part, there is a way to edit the HKX to put physics direct into the breasts bones, there is tools that extract this values to a more friendly way, but still is very unfriendly for most of the people, myself included, is just a matter of someone very smart taking a look into this and start to dive into the values, can be done.

If anyone is interest send me a PM and i can send all my "studies".

I am working on a new outfit mod that have all the pieces separated (torso and legs), is in my plans to try to get the breast physics and move to the butt, don't know if will work because i still don't even finish the mod... But if it work, could be a nice temporary solution.

Archived