Fallout 4 HDT?

It's overdue work at this point (about 2 years overdue) and most of the knowledge we have about NIFs and HKXs is personal know-how transmitted in snippets on the NifTools IRC, through 010 templates, source code and sometimes a text file, forum post or odd wiki page. You can still find the NifTools wiki here, but it's far from complete.

This will probably make it easier for people to do the things I'm trying to do right now in future FO/TES games smile.png

There are new 010 templates out? I only have the very old ones from throttlekitty's resources. If so, please point me to them, much appreciated.

There are new 010 templates out? I only have the very old ones from throttlekitty's resources. If so, please point me to them, much appreciated.

Here is Figment's templates. He misses most of the "normal" NiNodes but have the structure of the file displayed, as well as metadatas clearly labelled and most new FO4 classes described in his FO4 branch.

Cell also have a very complete Nif template, but I won't link it here as he gave me a dropbox link for it and I don't know if he wants it shared.

For hkx files, there is my very incomplete 010 template. It is mostly focused on the "metadata" of hkx files, as the actual reading of the data is very class-dependent and read from XMLs.

Here is Figment's templates. He misses most of the "normal" NiNodes but have the structure of the file displayed, as well as metadatas clearly labelled and most new FO4 classes described in his FO4 branch.

Cell also have a very complete Nif template, but I won't link it here as he gave me a dropbox link for it and I don't know if he wants it shared.

For hkx files, there is my very incomplete 010 template. It is mostly focused on the "metadata" of hkx files, as the actual reading of the data is very class-dependent and read from XMLs.

NIF template? Not sure if I ever made a complete one of those.

In any case, Outfit Studio is open source GPLv3+.

NIF template? Not sure if I ever made a complete one of those.

In any case, Outfit Studio is open source GPLv3+.

Hmm... Maybe it wasn't yours then. I got it at one point in the NifTools chat, and for some reason I thought it was you who gave it to me.

• 5 weeks later...

Not really. AFAIK I'm the only one working remotely close to this topic, and although I'm making progress I'm still somewhat "far" ways from a release on the Havok physics/animation/collision compressor. So, the tools to extract and create skeleton data will have to wait a little bit longer I think.

Not really. AFAIK I'm the only one working remotely close to this topic, and although I'm making progress I'm still somewhat "far" ways from a release on the Havok physics/animation/collision compressor. So, the tools to extract and create skeleton data will have to wait a little bit longer I think.

If you don't mind, could you give me some pointers on how to approach this probably?

I have some preliminary modding experience on skyrim, and I could see if I can help of.. :-)

If you don't mind, could you give me some pointers on how to approach this probably?

I have some preliminary modding experience on skyrim, and I could see if I can help of.. :-)

Hi.

This is the GitHub for Dexes' work: https://github.com/Dexesttp/hkxpack

It is pretty much always up to date.

If you need more info, you may want to join the NifTools IRC: here

If you need something else, then you have just to ask or PM.

Hi.

This is the GitHub for Dexes' work: https://github.com/Dexesttp/hkxpack

It is pretty much always up to date.

If you need more info, you may want to join the NifTools IRC: here

If you need something else, then you have just to ask or PM.

Thanks for the pointers CPU! I will see what I can help!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Any status updates or is the project abandoned?

Not much I guess :/ The best lead seemed to be cloth data applied to bones (to get the jiggling without needing HDT) but I still couldn't fix the bugs with the BSClothExtraData compression/extraction (I came back to it a few times without success, which isn't a good sign) so for now no luck. I'll keep trying though, and if it comes down to this we can try to edit the binary files directly and see what comes out.

About the creation of a new skeleton, I have no news at all since that last post.

Just a thought... sorry if this was a topic before, i am a little out of this HDT business, but after the breasts physics from cbbe i get some hype and want to try something.

If i put some of the skirt bone weights to the cbbe body, can i have a bouncing butt? I want to try this, but i still don't manage to make the test, anyone tried this already? I think is the same principle as the janebod butt physics have, but again, is just a idea i don't test nothing yet....

Edit:

It worked! Sort of... :) But only the right side have a nice weight to use, the left is terrible, i will search the outfits to see if there is any one that could be used better, and them try to manual edit the weights.

Has no-one done a new skeleton at all?  I understand the limitation of 4 bones / vertex, which complicates things, but I wonder what experiments have been done.  We know that JaneBod removed some of the scaling (or at least disabled it), so I wonder if this offers an opportunity for substitution of physics for scaling.  

Anyway, I would like to know what has been tried with the customisation of skeletons before I jump in, so that I don't waste a bunch of time going down rabbit holes that have already been explored.

Just a thought... sorry if this was a topic before, i am a little out of this HDT business, but after the breasts physics from cbbe i get some hype and want to try something.

If i put some of the skirt bone weights to the cbbe body, can i have a bouncing butt? I want to try this, but i still don't manage to make the test, anyone tried this already? I think is the same principle as the janebod butt physics have, but again, is just a idea i don't test nothing yet....

Edit:

It worked! Sort of... :) But only the right side have a nice weight to use, the left is terrible, i will search the outfits to see if there is any one that could be used better, and them try to manual edit the weights.

What about the physics that has been applied to hair?

Has no-one done a new skeleton at all?  I understand the limitation of 4 bones / vertex, which complicates things, but I wonder what experiments have been done.  We know that JaneBod removed some of the scaling (or at least disabled it), so I wonder if this offers an opportunity for substitution of physics for scaling.  

Anyway, I would like to know what has been tried with the customisation of skeletons before I jump in, so that I don't waste a bunch of time going down rabbit holes that have already been explored.

Well... i am pretty ignorant on this hdt business, but... when i make my character butt HUGE, they jingle, there is some fat bones around the butt and breasts, i don't know if havok see this as soft bodys or the jingle is on the animation, in my small limitated mind i would say, edit those bones :) But i am sure that this is not so easy to do or we would have some nice physics already.

In my quick test using the dress bones to the butt, the butt jingles more, a little strange, but it kind of work...

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried separating the feet from the torso. I see a number of armor/clothing mods that use separate boots and heels parts by removing the feet or lower legs part of the mesh. I'm certainly no expert on this stuff (so perhaps this isn't even possible), but it seems to me that a BodySlide compatible body without feet, and a separate set of BodySlide foot meshes would resolve the high heels issue.

Trykz

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried separating the feet from the torso. I see a number of armor/clothing mods that use separate boots and heels parts by removing the feet or lower legs part of the mesh. I'm certainly no expert on this stuff (so perhaps this isn't even possible), but it seems to me that a BodySlide compatible body without feet, and a separate set of BodySlide foot meshes would resolve the high heels issue.

Trykz

Not possible, because the game uses a "nude armor" for when you don't wear anything. That nude armor is supposed to use up only the body slot, otherwise everything will break. :P

Trykz

Not possible, because the game uses a "nude armor" for when you don't wear anything. That nude armor is supposed to use up only the body slot, otherwise everything will break. :P

You would know better than anyone I think.... thanks for setting me straight, Ousnius. Now I can stop wondering  ;)

Trykz

Archived