ArmBinder_Combat

View File

ARMBINDER COMBAT (TRIAL VERSION)

This mod should enable arbinder combat using kick animations. This is the intial trial version.

[WARNING]
1) For now this mod removes all arrows from NPCs (not the player) wearing an armbinder (then adds 5 Daedric arrows when armbinder is removed).
2) This mod is in an incomplete stage right now. (unarmed sneak animations and 1st person kick animation are not done yet for example)

[ REQUIREMENTS ]
Devious Devices - Integration v2.9.2 - http://www.loverslab...01282014/ (and all the requirements that go with it)
ConsoleUtil 3 - http://www.loverslab...consoleutil/
Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS V6.0 (or newer) - http://skyrim.nexusmods....11811

[ INSTALLATION ]
1) Extract "ArmBinderCombat.7z" into your skyrim data folder
2) Run Run the FNIS GENERATION TOOL "GenerateFNISforUsers.exe". For more info, look here http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/11811.

[ CREDITS ]
Kick Bash by evanoblivion for the three unarmed power attacks animations
Everyone who worked DD

[ PERMISSIONS ]
Except for the three power animations, anyone is free to use the new kick animations however they like.

[CHANGELOG]
Version 0.14
--Fixed jump animations, tweaked one kick animation

Version 0.13
-- Made a small change so the mod would work on someone already wearing an armbinder when the mod is activated
-- Added a whole new bunch of animations (which get swapped in when wearing armbinder), including armbinder-frendly kicks for the two sneak attacks

Version 0.09 - initial trial version

This will require adjustments on the framework side of things ^^ I'll let Min know.

Tho if it does actually work and Min is willing to incorporate it, DD may end up transitioning to alternate animations entirely. But if that's the case, you'd have a lot more work to do. Aside from these, we'd also need noncombat idles and movement (that is: walking, running, standing, jumping) as well as all of the same for yoke animations.

Tho if it does actually work and Min is willing to incorporate it, DD may end up transitioning to alternate animations entirely. But if that's the case, you'd have a lot more work to do. Aside from these, we'd also need noncombat idles and movement (that is: walking, running, standing, jumping) as well as all of the same for yoke animations.

I was thinking of doing this (alternate animations entirely) in this mod.  Simply adding the armbinder offset to existing animation is easy (the hard part is creating entirely new animations like kicks).  Doing yokes too should be easy, but I first want to get the armbinder working.

At the very least in this mod, I plan to also replace the jump and dash animations so that the arms.

Now I wonder, wouldn't there be a way to "hotkey" a kick, that wouldn't require you to "draw a weapon"?

There may be a way to do this, but there are three problems with the idea:

1)  I have already finished ten brand new kick animations:

h2h_attackleft.hkx

h2h_attackright

h2h_runrightattackright.hkx

h2h_runbackattackleft.hkx

h2h_runbackattackright.hkx

h2h_runforwardattackleft.hkx

h2h_runforwardattackright.hkx

h2h_runleftattackleft.hkx

h2h_runleftattackright.hkx

h2h_runrightattackleft.hkx

It would be a waste not use all of them.

2)  One of the main goals of this mod is to fix NPC armbinder combat.  So if your follower gets equiped with an armbinder she can at least try to fight instead of standing around uselessly.  A hotkey wouldn't help with this.

3)  The cleanest way to do this mod is disable DDi combat restrictions (reducing the about of papyrus scripting).  Using a hotkey would instead increase the papyrus script burden.

Also, I can "draw a weapon" and enter the unarmed combat stance (I managed to disable that much of DDi at least!).  What I haven't figured out how to do is throw a punch!  (something interrupts the punch after about .1 seconds, forcing me back to the unarmed idle)

This "anti-melee" restriction might affect a hotkey in the same way.

I was thinking of doing this (alternate animations entirely) in this mod.  Simply adding the armbinder offset to existing animation is easy (the hard part is creating entirely new animations like kicks).  Doing yokes too should be easy, but I first want to get the armbinder working.

Yes, offset is the easy way, but sadly, if DD enabled combat in armbinders, offset would be getting constantly broken and require periodic checks to reapply it. It wouldn't look very natural and be a scripty mess under the hood as well, not to mention conflicts with scenes and other mods (even more so than currently)

Which why if there's going to be one thing enabled by Alternate Animations, there has to be everything else as well. Mixed approach would be inefficient and prone to bugs.

Yes, offset is the easy way, but sadly...

lol, I think you misunderstood me.  When I said "simply adding the armbinder offset to existing animations is easy", I wasn't talking about using the offset in a papyrus script.  I was talking about updating existing animations:

1)  Loading an animation into Maya (3D animation software)

2)  adding armbinder offset to the animation

3)  exporting the animation back to Skyrim

That is easy.  When I did the Armbinders_With_Hands mod, it only took me two hours to import, edit, and export the mod's 72 animations.  As long as it is simply updating the arm positions in an existing animations, it only takes me about 2 minutes per animation.  (design entirely new animations like kicks, however, takes 1-3 hours.  That is the hard part).

if DD enabled combat in armbinders, offset would be getting constantly broken and require periodic checks to reapply it. It wouldn't look very natural and be a scripty mess under the hood as well, not to mention conflicts with scenes and other mods (even more so than currently)

Which why if there's going to be one thing enabled by Alternate Animations, there has to be everything else as well. Mixed approach would be inefficient and prone to bugs.

Agreed, which is I have already figured out how to use FNIS's new animation replacement system for this mod.

By the way, if you want a preview of what the kick animations look like, download my mod (it is only one file right now) and place the h2h_attackleft.hkx into "Meshes\Actors\Character\Animations".  This will replace the left unarmed attack when you are standing still.

Aaaah, that makes sense! I thought you meant the in-game offset animations that we've been using so far. They're the first thing that comes to my mind thanks to the amount of annoyance they have always caused me XD They're great for the purpose they were created for in vanilla skyrim (brief, scripted scenes) but prove to be very fragile and restrictive when applied to open world stuff.

Also oooh, I didn't know it's so easy to mass produce these new animatins. That's wonderful news!

By the by if you're looking for a good base for jumping animations, I recently started using this one, Style 2:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56118/?

It's smooth, looks simple (no flips or anything fancy) and doesn't have anatomical anomalies like the vanilla jump. Through I'm not sure if it would look balanced with arms behind back. But most importantly the author has recently come back to active modding and is currently easy to reach if you need to ask for permissions.

In the game some of the NPS that sell Skooma in my game have been bound and kicking.  You probably know where that is coming from.  If not that might interest you.  I have wristbinder installed but have really updated a lot of mods in the last week so not sure.  It was a little odd to me to have someone kicking but I thought it was probably through animations added in the Sexlab update?

I think your mod is going to be fantastic.

PROGRESS!!!!

I have now at least identified the problem.  It was zaz not DDi that is stubbornly preventing combat.  By using the command "set zbfSettingDisableEffects to 1.0", I was finally able to enter combat!

Unfortunately, that command isn't a solution for this mod (it basically shuts down zaz/DDi entirely).  However, I now know where the problem is comming from (zaz), and I have a variable (zbfSettingDisableEffects) to track it down.  so progress.

Unfortunatelly, I am travelling tomorrow.  I continue working on the mod on Wednesday.  Hopefully by then Min or someone will have figured out how to safely disable the combat restrictions.

Sorry for the wait, but there is nothing I can do.  Leaving for the airport in an hour (early flight. :( )

Unfortunatelly, I am travelling tomorrow.  I continue working on the mod on Wednesday.  Hopefully by then Min or someone will have figured out how to safely disable the combat restrictions.

Sorry for the wait, but there is nothing I can do.  Leaving for the airport in an hour (early flight. :( )

Sent you an invite to the development thread for further discussion. 

Not Sure if that helps with the problem, but i thought i write. i am using the Bondage Witch mod, which lets you cast while having bound arms (Yokes/Armbinders). Its not using any special animation, but at least, its combat while bound. regards

I love your mod btw :P But yus I wanted to show my support to this mod by rating it [even though it isnt out yet~]

*cheers from the sidelines*