ArmBinder_Combat

Some of these animations are in my game.  Not sure what mod it came in with.  I think it may be used in Skooma Whore since it seems associated with those guys.  SLSW Addicted I think.  Really be neat to have it for a player.  Especially considering that the update of Sanguine's Debauchery has being enslaved a lot more difficult with the last update.  I will do more than watch it.  Plan to play your mod as soon as all the wonderful XMAS stuff dies down.  Great Job and thanks for working on this mod. 

*squees and tries it out*

I saw this warning though and wanted to ask what it meant, so if I have 100 iron arrows it will take them all away and give me 5 daedric ones when I take it off? Whys it mess with arrows? I spose that could be cheated with to put an arm binder on after putting dirt in the lock and taking it on and off, storing daedric arrows easy. What happens to arrows you get when wearing an arm binder?

[WARNING]
1) For now this mod removes all arrows from an NPC wearing an armbinder (and adds 5 Daedric arrows when armbinder is removed).
2) This mod is in an incomplete, trial stage right now. (unarmed sneak animations are not done yet for example)

so if I have 100 iron arrows it will take them all away and give me 5 daedric ones when I take it off?

This only affects NPCs, as in Non-Player-Characters.  It won't affect you unless you give all your arrows to a follower then equip her with an armbinder.

The reason behind it is to force NPCs not to use the bow. 

when i go to run fnis when it gets to reading armbindercombat  it fails

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application if you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue if you click quit the application will close immediately

the process cannot access the file H:\programfiles\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\tools\generateFNIS_for_users\temporary_logs\GenerateFNIS_logfile.txt because it is being used by another process

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Exception: Application-defined or object-defined error.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ErrObject.Raise(Int32 Number, Object Source, Object Description, Object HelpFile, Object HelpContext)
   at GenerateFNISforUsers.FNIScommon1.FNIScommon.ReadAnimationFile(String AnimListFile, Int32 Anzmod, Boolean SKip_CC)
   at GenerateFNISforUsers.GenerateFNISUsers.Main()
   at GenerateFNISforUsers.GenerateFNISUsers.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///H:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
GenerateFNISforUsers
    Assembly Version: 5.4.2.0
    Win32 Version: 5.4.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///H:/Program%20Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users/GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.51209.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///H:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///H:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///H:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///H:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///H:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///H:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

FNIS just stops on reading readingarmbindercombat and doesnt do anything else

Doesn't work for me. Latest version of FNIS is enabled. However, my character just draws her arms and punches with no hands when I go into combat mode. I have a basic armbinder from DD worn, installed ConsoleUtil 3. I'm still in the prison in Live Another Life. Will try from Whiterun.

cedec0, on 21 Dec 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:cedec0, on 21 Dec 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:

QuoteQuoteYes, offset is the easy way, but sadly...

lol, I think you misunderstood me.  When I said "simply adding the armbinder offset to existing animations is easy", I wasn't talking about using the offset in a papyrus script.  I was talking about updating existing animations:

1)  Loading an animation into Maya (3D animation software)

2)  adding armbinder offset to the animation

3)  exporting the animation back to Skyrim

That is easy.  When I did the Armbinders_With_Hands mod, it only took me two hours to import, edit, and export the mod's 72 animations.  As long as it is simply updating the arm positions in an existing animations, it only takes me about 2 minutes per animation.  (design entirely new animations like kicks, however, takes 1-3 hours.  That is the hard part).

QuoteQuote

if DD enabled combat in armbinders, offset would be getting constantly broken and require periodic checks to reapply it. It wouldn't look very natural and be a scripty mess under the hood as well, not to mention conflicts with scenes and other mods (even more so than currently)

Which why if there's going to be one thing enabled by Alternate Animations, there has to be everything else as well. Mixed approach would be inefficient and prone to bugs.

Agreed, which is I have already figured out how to use FNIS's new animation replacement system for this mod.

By the way, if you want a preview of what the kick animations look like, download my mod (it is only one file right now) and place the h2h_attackleft.hkx into "Meshes\Actors\Character\Animations".  This will replace the left unarmed attack when you are standing still.

Just wondering, but doing the new animations this way would restrict them to one type of animation right? As uptil now the offsets would apply to any walk/run/idle animation you personally have installed.

Therefore creating new ones by adding the offsets via maya/max would limit this to one choice?

If that's correct, I'd like to ask if you've already chosen a set of animations to work on (and which) or perhaps you could setup a vote on what anim set to make use of?

It's also worth taking into consideration that there are probably many good custom/mixed/mashup animation sets in the hands of the LL community. I'd be more than happy to upload mine so people can take a look (for the purposes of this mod).

Doesn't work for me. Latest version of FNIS is enabled. However, my character just draws her arms and punches with no hands when I go into combat mode. I have a basic armbinder from DD worn, installed ConsoleUtil 3. I'm still in the prison in Live Another Life. Will try from Whiterun.

If you were wearing the armbinder before loading a the game (ie: you save with an armbinder on), then that will happen right now.  I will fix that in next update (within a day or two)

Also while I am at it, make sure that, in the Devious Device menu, the "number of slotted NPC" is one or more (the number doesn't matter as long as it is not 0).

----------------------

Update:  Going to bed.  darkevilhum, I will answer you tomorrow.

Just wondering, but doing the new animations this way would restrict them to one type of animation right? As uptil now the offsets would apply to any walk/run/idle animation you personally have installed.

yes, though the animations in this mod are only loaded when armbinders are worn.

If that's correct, I'd like to ask if you've already chosen a set of animations to work on (and which) or perhaps you could setup a vote on what anim set to make use of?

Possibly, however we would need to get permission before modifying non-vanilla animations

It's also worth taking into consideration that there are probably many good custom/mixed/mashup animation sets in the hands of the LL community. I'd be more than happy to upload mine so people can take a look (for the purposes of this mod).

For now I want to focus on getting this mod working reliably.  Then I will probably create a basic set of yoke animations.  After that we can look into this.

-------------------------

Updated mod:  added animations (sneak attack, jumps, etc) and fixed some bugs.

Wee~ new update :) So what got changed? I was looking here for the changelog since it wasnt on the first page

Two things changed:

1)  Made a small change so the mod would work on someone already wearing an armbinder when the mod is activated.

2)  Added a whole new bunch of animations (which get swapped in when wearing armbinder), including armbinder-frendly kicks for the two sneak attacks:

sneakwalk_right.hkx

mt_jump.hkx

mt_jumpfall.hkx

mt_jumpfallleft.hkx

mt_jumpfallright.hkx

mt_jumpfast.hkx

mt_jumpfastleft.hkx

mt_jumpfastright.hkx

mt_jumpland.hkx

mt_jumplandleft.hkx

mt_jumplandright.hkx

mt_sprintforward.hkx

sneak_h2hattacklefthand.hkx

sneak_h2hattackrighthand.hkx

sneak_npcturnleft90.hkx

sneak_npcturnright90.hkx

sneak_turnleft60.hkx

sneak_turnleft180.hkx

sneak_turnright60.hkx

sneak_turnright180.hkx

sneakh2h_idle.hkx

sneakmtidle.hkx

sneakrun_backward.hkx

sneakrun_bckwrdleft.hkx

sneakrun_bckwrdright.hkx

sneakrun_forward.hkx

sneakrun_forwardroll.hkx

sneakrun_frwrdleft.hkx

sneakrun_frwrdright.hkx

sneakrun_left.hkx

sneakrun_right.hkx

sneakwalk_bckward.hkx

sneakwalk_bckwrdleft.hkx

sneakwalk_bckwrdright.hkx

sneakwalk_forward.hkx

sneakwalk_frwrdright.hkx

sneakwalk_fwrwrdleft.hkx

sneakwalk_left.hkx

I finally found some time to test it and it works surprisingly well! The kicking animations look dope and sneaking seems to work too. The only issue I noticed was with jumping animations. Jumping in place or forward causes the character to rotate to the left. Jumping to the right plays the correct animation tho.

But if the animations are set up correctly it may be a FNIS issue. I remember Fore mentioning something about jumping animations not long ago.

Cool thanks for replying. I havent got a chance to try it out yet but I will now [Once I make sure my game is stable, Im reinstalling everything.]

I feel I should ask though, does anyone know if this conflicts with the Bondage Witch mod? I loves that one to death.

Edit: seems to work well enough. First person looks like I have my fists in front of me and its invisible hands, and as someone else mentioned it doesnt seem to work with the yoke yet. Otherwise it looks pretty good :) No idea yet if it works with bondage witch Ill do some more testing. Just started a new game and all.

If you were wearing the armbinder before loading a the game (ie: you save with an armbinder on), then that will happen right now.  I will fix that in next update (within a day or two)

Also while I am at it, make sure that, in the Devious Device menu, the "number of slotted NPC" is one or more (the number doesn't matter as long as it is not 0).

----------------------

Update:  Going to bed.  darkevilhum, I will answer you tomorrow.

same problem here. your suggested fix didnt work ;( i followed the instructions but the issue persists. i installed it with mo as a seperate mod. could u maybe add a debug function like other mods which says it has loaded? couse i cant tell where it has... there is no mcm or something like that^^

The only issue I noticed was with jumping animations. Jumping in place or forward causes the character to rotate to the left. Jumping to the right plays the correct animation tho.

I fixed the jump animations.

I finally found some time to test it and it works surprisingly well! The kicking animations look dope and sneaking seems to work too.

Glad you like the animations.

-------------------------

There are still some things that need to be worked out before I can call this mod finished.  Mod doesn't seem to work correctly for followers yet.  Also, it would be better if zaz effects weren't being entirely disabled with the command "set zbfSettingDisableEffects to 1.0".  When everything is working for the armbinder, I will start on the yoke animations.

Princessity, do you know when Min is getting back?

I can't get this to freaking work. >< I'm using FNIS 6.2, I updated Devious Devices Assets/Integration/Expansion, I wear the armbinder, and she just PUNCHES. I'm using version 0.14, I wonder why she's stll punching. I even ran FNIS. Yes I installed consoleutil. I'll check the slotted number of NPCs.

Edit: I've tried turning off unarmed weapon damage boost in sperg so it doesn't equip 'fist' weapons. Still not helping. Huh. I wonder if there are any known incompatibilities

Princessity, do you know when Min is getting back?

I'm not sure but he will get back to you when he has time <3 You don't have to worry about the framework implementation tho, Min will probably figure out a way to do everything. Once non-combat animations are in he'll be able to rework the entire armbinder system.

I also have both but I havent got to the point I can cast spells yet. I suppose it would make sense that they would both trigger at the same time unless we could pick a different button we could cast with in the mcm. I remember there used to be an option like that in the previous BWitch versions.

I am not sure if this has been pointed out as I know its in beta, even when you have just your fists out and you run back or forwards your hands return to the arm binding pose even though you don't have one on even for NPC's.

I really like this mod but I was wondering if you had any plans to build a story-based wrapper around it?

For instance, I was imagining that the ability would initially be disabled, until you encounter a trainer (thieves guild, maybe?) that would teach you to fight while bound. You'd get placed in an armbinder and then thrown into an arena with one or more hostiles for practice. There could be several tiers of advanced training sessions that could improve your abilities and attack damage as you progress.

Of course, the trainer would frequently take advantage of the bound trainee.

What do you think?