Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

Which files backup before using BS/CBBE?

You can use Nexus Mod Manager, haven't tried MO yet if that is even possible atm.

Install the body using NMM, install BodySlide seperately, run it, build your body.

When you want to uninstall, just uninstall CBBE using NMM. NNM doesn't track local changes, so whatever textures and meshes you manually place will be reverted when uninstalling the last activated mod changing those files in NMM.

Which files backup before using BS/CBBE?

You can use Nexus Mod Manager, haven't tried MO yet if that is even possible atm.

Install the body using NMM, install BodySlide seperately, run it, build your body.

When you want to uninstall, just uninstall CBBE using NMM. NNM doesn't track local changes, so whatever textures and meshes you manually place will be reverted when uninstalling the last activated mod changing those files in NMM.

I am using MO2 alpha and it's been working very well. Utilities are still not perfect but the core of the manager is there.

@tonicmole  I have a question about using CBBE and Busty :D

It is possible to use this mod with your mod? i mean i like cbbe but the scale on clothes isnt added yet, but im wondering if using both mods would cause a bug or a rare effect on the body D:

Thanks!

Yes you can, but the naked body will be a little strange, no bugs, just strange.

@cell: Do you have any plans of including a texture blend mechanism into bodyslide? For instance to select muscle definition, pubic hair or shadow maps. And maybe for the raider texture the level of dirt, scars, tattoos, etc.

I was thinking of redoing TexBlend from scratch (it's using pretty dated technology and coding standards), but that's no use until we have a working SDK for the BCn texture formats or figure out to make one ourselves.

I read a bit about the BCn codecs, doesn't the nvidia-texture-tools support them? Those are under the MIT license. Or am i missing something? https://github.com/castano/nvidia-texture-tools

Maybe blending is possible with GEGL. Or you can use something simpler. Might be an overkill ;)

Update: Ok, I tested the nvidia-texture-tools a bit. I think its a bit bugged. They should support BC5 but the textures look incorrect when opening with nvddsview.

I now tried the original Fallout 4 textures and they look alright in the nvidia-texture-tools nvddsview tool under linux. I'm not a windows programmer and for some reason VS doesn't compile that binary. Don't know why.

Decompressing the original textures to tga and compressing it back works great even under windows.

The tool has only problems with the textures supplied with the CBBE mod.

"nvddsinfo" tool reports on the original textures the "ATI2" FourCC code and on your textures the "BC5U" code.

When trying to decompress your textures it shows that it doesn't support it.

If you are sure that your textures are created correctly, it might be worthwhile to write a bug report to the nvidia-texture-tools, they seem to fix issues rather quickly.

Update: I also tried Microsofts DirectXTex, but with their "DDSView" I could not open any dds texture. That tool complains about both the original textures and the CBBE textures.

3.    I like how dense meshes are, however "some" bodyparts would definitely deserve more modeling detail (you know which parts do I mention :D  )  

Especially I am 100% sure everyone here would appreciate actually modeled vaginal lips with all bells and whistles ready to animate,   as well as belly button.  I think it should be done  when custom skeletons are thing, properly by Caliente or Cell, so there are no problems with third party mods and workarounds.

Don't be so sure! I would hate it unless it were done via slider morphs (e.g. up to the user if they want a protruding labia minora & clit not). You can see the difference here in the two primary pussy types:

myf3nBs.png

The problem of course would be that you can currently texture the mesh to look like either type but if it had a detailed mesh like the left one it would be impossible to texture it like the right one.

An innie has all the same parts as an outie (generally), just smaller, but they're concealed by a large labia majora and/or a fat mons. Modeling and rigging it so it has both with morphs would be really complex though... It'd probably be an entire mod unto itself.

Rigging a sphincter so it can open for anal sex animations would actually be a lot easier... you don't really need a whole lot of variation there.

If the vulva were relatively left as it is now it'd be fairly easy to rig for sex animations as well. All you'd really need to do is make it so the mons can spread a bit and morph to a round shape along the lower portion of the slit where the vagina is.

Now I'm curious as to why all these female modders are making mods that (I think) are more likely to be... enjoyed... by men.

He is a wanabee female.

You seem to be mistaken. When I build a brothel (or whatever the inevitable mod is), I would like for the girls to look good.

Thank you very much Caliente, this is great work and I'm looking very much forward to further develope of this :D

I thought it could be fun to test out the sliders so made a pregnant body with some different proportions for my girl ^^

hold on its out? 0.o i was off from here for little while it was 4 pages last time 19 now....

what page is major info of current release and/or download link/link to site to download if it is released in some form?

Thanks very much all!  

On the issue of proportion,  the overall length of the torso (shoulder to crotch) is more or less dictated by the size of the vanilla body.   Otherwise animations get very strange as centers of rotation no longer line up with where joints are in the skeleton.  (also note that the top of the body model is about midway up the neck-- the shoulders are  closer to the bottom of the neck hole). The length proportions within the torso are more or less made to line up with the classic "Ideal Proportions" as commonly attributed to Andrew Loomis.  for this case, the distance from the crotch to the navel is the same as the distance from the navel to the nipple.   

But, there's a lot of variation in bodies, so the ideal proportions don't fit every one, nor are they really all that desirable on their own.  Things like the "breast Height" slider hopefully help with that, and I'm thinking that a waist height slider might be another good add.  chest depth and width possibly too as ways to add some weight to the top of the body outside of just boobs :)  Anyway, thanks very much for suggestions, I'm always hoping to improve where I can! :)

Hi Caliente.

I think your CBBE body is fine. Fine as hell actually.

Sorry if my post suddenly began a flood of criticisms. It was not my intention.

If it helps anything I think you can achieve virtually any breast look you want if you can just fix the small issues below. What I would suggest is:

1) upper back slider (just the upper back, not the entire torso, even then the slider just needs to slightly increase the size)

2) add Breast SHH slider (currently in skyrim, it had the right idea, side sag, so something like it)

3) add slider that allows the inner breast area (my blue lines) to be sent higher or lower (gives me control from which way the breasts sag, naturally from the sides or fantasy like from the bottom)

Current Slider feedback on Gravity:

With nipple up, perkiness and breast height I am able to get very close to the image. However because of the yellow vs red line as per my image the yellow is always ABOVE the red line. When I use gravity what it does is; it brings the entire pair of breasts down (not only sag but their height as well) rather than just affecting the bottom of the breasts. The gravity lines up the yellow and red in one line (as shown in my picture) rather than allow me to just change the side of the breast.

I believe with Breast SHH slider it should be possible to replicate the desired gravity effect.

If a slider could target the Yellow sag area and the blue line (where the breasts start) in a vertical fashion on the body it should easily be possible to achieve the picture to the left.

Also note that it might also help to tinker (as you said you are already doing) your other sliders such as double melon or breast width also have issues such as distorting the nipples and chest (stretch too much with little visual change). 

Other than these small issues I believe your body is ready.

Honestly you might consider adding a slider that allows the body to be overall thinner/fatter (if the current default is at 50%) that way when players apply hipbone width they would see a more dramatic changes.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

There we go.

Make sure to read Cali's notes!

Run BodySlide as an admin.

CBBE will currently cause issues with the vanilla outfits, so make sure you know how to remove it again if you don't want to test it out anymore!

Will likely wait till we at least get outfits before I start using it, but just wanted to say thanks so much for doing FO4 CBBE.  Loved it in Skyrim and can't wait to see what all the community comes up with for FO4.

hold on its out? 0.o i was off from here for little while it was 4 pages last time 19 now....

what page is major info of current release and/or download link/link to site to download if it is released in some form?

Should be on page 7

thank you kind sir

Archived