Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

@tonicmole  I have a question about using CBBE and Busty :D

It is possible to use this mod with your mod? i mean i like cbbe but the scale on clothes isnt added yet, but im wondering if using both mods would cause a bug or a rare effect on the body D:

Thanks!

Yes you can, but the naked body will be a little strange, no bugs, just strange.

CBBE just has to be adjusted properly.  I have a CBBE/Busty preset I've attached below if you want to test them together.  

How strange? I'm running busty as well and I don't notice anything strange

I'm using them together with no problems so far, and just droping to praise all this beatiful work, congrats mates, I love you all!

Congrats and many thanks to Caliente et al.! All hail!

I know this is pretty amateurish but I am still learning to tweak the Bodyslide settings. Also not sure why things are so shiny. I have Oni Hair retexture and Eyes of Beauty loaded, only.

I have a settlement at Red Rocket, where my character collects settlers who remind him of Nora, and protect them from the bad bad mans of the wasteland. 

"Welcome," says the sheriff. "Though I know he has selected you, we must still take precautions."

"Line up in an orderly fashion, and submit to an inspection by our guards."

"I highly advise you not to make any sudden moves, or fail to follow orders at any time. Our guards are well armed and quite competent."

"The rules are simple: You work, you eat."

"Our guards will protect you,"

"...but will also be ensuring your good behavior."

"In return, you will be safe, fed, and given a bed,"

"And cared for by our expert staff, and our benefactor."

Can i ask your present friend? seems very good

Many thanks for the beta release.  :D

Stop playing skyrim around end of 2012, so this might be a dumb question, but I am wondering will there be an obj exporter in bodyslider or outfit studio development road map? Or I have to wait for nifskope plugin. I imported the vanilla bodymesh obj that come with the 7z into modo thinking to start making some stuff but quickly realized that bodymesh is, lack of a better word, kinda "vanilla" :P

oh, and the bodymesh orientation and position is kinda unique.

Again, Awesome beta release. 

There are OBJ and FBX files in the BodySlide download on page 7. WIP, though.

Mr CELL, would you or your team  transplants UUNP sliders to the FO4 bodyslide?

I think those sliders adjust the total body like chsbhc_1/manga_1/7B_1 will be helpful when we try to make pretty body preset

As a fan of the Delicious Cake body type (even for non-lewd reasons), I'm stoked to see the early alpha live already. It'll be neat to see the varied presets people are bound to come up with even before a full release!

I'd like to offer my heartfelt thanks to Caliente, Cell and whomever else might be working on all of these fun little projects. Granted, I'm pretty biased in that the CBBE body was a must have whenever I played Skyrim (BodySlide is just so smegging mind blowing to someone with my blatant lack of tech expertise!), but even beyond that, seeing something this cool even just a month after the game came out awes me. I was just hoping to see a CBBE port if nothing else, so, ya' know.

Thank you again for making what will become a staple of my Fallout 4 experience.

So, I haven't seen this issue yet.

When I open Slider, it looks like this.

I have a 4K resolution Lap Top I am running this on. I have tried all the different resolutions and it doesn't fix it.

Not sure if the team has had the chance to review this post yet, but I haven't seen a possible reason as to why my slider looks like this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

This is the tipical scaling of interface happening with all 4k displays. i had this problem with photoshop 3dsmax and other sorftwares. try this tutorial to fix your exe. It worked for my photoshop and all the other apps i was using at the time.

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Thank you very much. I will try this.

Got a chance to try this. No work. :(

YAY! I figured it out finally. Ok, here's some pics. They were right after I installed Bodyslide. I need to take some more pics, as I re-did the body a lot after tinkering with the sliders.  

So wait, you got outfits to work/conform to/fit the body?

+1 to this, if yes rip BUSTY lol

Sorry friend, the body mesh is just using a different texture set.  Kind of like the underwear.  You ain't getting rid of me that easy. :)

YAY! I figured it out finally. Ok, here's some pics. They were right after I installed Bodyslide. I need to take some more pics, as I re-did the body a lot after tinkering with the sliders.  

So wait, you got outfits to work/conform to/fit the body?

+1 to this, if yes rip BUSTY lol

Sorry friend, the body mesh is just using a different texture set.  Kind of like the underwear.  You ain't getting rid of me that easy. :)

Haha then more Busty then, anyways without BUSTY i cant make good boobs, i dont know why

This is extremely impressive considering not even a proper niftools it out, this must be the most advanced mod yet, adult or non-adult, and especially when OS is released. I'm sure if the dedication for everything was as high as the dedication for sexy women everyone would get things done faster ;)

I have a small problem... literally. I've read the whole thread and I think I'm the only one with this issue (maybe I'm the only one trying to create small boobs!)

It seems that the mesh normals aren't edited when the shape is edited? For example setting BreastsGone to almost all the way up creates a good mesh shape, but in-game it's like the mesh has a normal map of big boobs applied. Shadows are cast under the boob that is much more intense than it should be, and they still look very round, until you see a profile view and they are flat.

I thought it might be the diffuse texture so I edited the baked in shadow out, but it didn't help; they still react to light as if they are heavily spherical, i've tried viewing them under different light sources to be sure. After I was sure it's vertex normals, I exported the .nif of my flat chested girl into a modeling program and checked the normal angles, and indeed under the breast they were all pointing 'down' and above the breast they were all pointing 'up' and they looked spherical at any angle that wasn't a profile view.

If this isn't the intended behaviour of BodySlide, could Caliente or someone try to recreate this issue? Is it posible to edit vertex normals so that they don't inheret the base shape, for example just if there was a "reset normal angle" button?

I can provide images if it would help.

Edit: here's an image just in case, where red is where the normals are pointing, and green is where they should be pointing, and the fake shadow that is also in-game:

attachicon.gifUntitled-1.jpg

If this is the standard behavior of BodySlide, doesn't it mean that if the normals are baked into vertexes from the original base mesh, then the further people's edits deviate from the base mesh, the more incorrect normals will be? While everyone's results so far look really good, and it's possible that you only really notice this in rare scenarios, wouldn't it be much better to have the vertex normals be based on the edited shape rather than the base mesh shape?

So, shortly after writing this Jon released a new version of NifSkope which has, among other things, a Face Normals and Smooth Normals feature.

Editing the .nif that BodySlide outputs with these new NifSkope features fixes the breast normals issue! =D Although it requires smoothing normals considerably, so some of the belly button and possibly other normal data is lost, but at least that can be given back in the normal map.

I'd still be interested in knowing if this is something that can be fixed within BodySlide, but for now there's a fix if anyone else was having similar problems. probably not

Some questions:

1. With CBBE will be able to model new clothes / armor functioning properly or we still wait for the release of the creation kit?

2. Same thing, we can create new hair and better "racemenu" for creation of character without creation kit?

3. There will be the possibility of a release of a version CBBE hi-poly for higher performance hardware configurations?

4. What is the end result Caliente want to get? What is still missing in this alpha release, which already works very well also now?

This texture thing is making me crazy.  Fallout 4 is much different than Skyrim.  The only way to alter texture paths is through an esp that over rides the paths in the esm, but that is pointless.  So far I see no way to escape having to convert all clothing and armor to CBBE or the texture will look bad.  Also the first person hand will need to be remodeled to match the 3rd person hands.  This would be my major concern right now.  I'm not giving up, but I am running out of good idea's.  What I need to do is figure out how to force the game to load a different texture for only the nude body.  

This texture thing is making me crazy.  Fallout 4 is much different than Skyrim.  The only way to alter texture paths is through an esp that over rides the paths in the esm, but that is pointless.  So far I see no way to escape having to convert all clothing and armor to CBBE or the texture will look bad.  Also the first person hand will need to be remodeled to match the 3rd person hands.  This would be my major concern right now.  I'm not giving up, but I am running out of good idea's.  What I need to do is figure out how to force the game to load a different texture for only the nude body.  

If the meshes still work the same way ("skin" trishapes) then there might not be an easy way to do that and preserve skin tone changes. Honestly the UV map staying the same as in Skyrim CBBE can cause a lot of headaches, after trying out the body in game and thinking about it personally I would have preferred it staying the same as vanilla FO4. Even with all the unused space on the UV map it's still worth it IMO. You can still use those free areas for other details like vaginas etc in the future.

Also, I've noticed a color mismatch at the back of the head compared to the rest of the head and looking at the vanilla texture I think I know why the CBBE body texture affects that part: it looks like on the lower left side of the vanilla body texture there's a portion  for the back of the head, in the CBBE texture this area is for one of the legs. So now you might have to edit the head UV as well in order to solve that issue. If my hunch is correct IMHO it would be preferable to use the vanilla UV instead of trying to salvage textures from Skyrim. People make new textures, that will never be an issue.

If the meshes still work the same way ("skin" trishapes) then there might not be an easy way to do that and preserve skin tone changes. Honestly the UV map staying the same as in Skyrim CBBE can cause a lot of headaches, after trying out the body in game and thinking about it personally I would have preferred it staying the same as vanilla FO4. Even with all the unused space on the UV map it's still worth it IMO. You can still use those free areas for other details like vaginas etc in the future.

Also, I've noticed a color mismatch at the back of the head compared to the rest of the head and looking at the vanilla texture I think I know why the CBBE body texture affects that part: it looks like on the lower left side of the vanilla body texture there's a portion  for the back of the head, in the CBBE texture this area is for one of the legs. So now you might have to edit the head UV as well in order to solve that issue. If my hunch is correct IMHO it would be preferable to use the vanilla UV instead of trying to salvage textures from Skyrim. People make new textures, that will never be an issue.

I'm poorly educated about UV maps.  I get the idea, but not the actual execution.  

Some questions:

1. With CBBE will be able to model new clothes / armor functioning properly or we still wait for the release of the creation kit?

2. Same thing, we can create new hair and better "racemenu" for creation of character without creation kit?

3. There will be the possibility of a release of a version CBBE hi-poly for higher performance hardware configurations?

4. What is the end result Caliente want to get? What is still missing in this alpha release, which already works very well also now?

You can't really model anything with these tools, they exist to re-shape already made and modeled outfits to different body shapes. Creation kit is needed to create new races, but you can add new armor and clothes currently with FO4Edit if i'm not mistaken (it's just that you can't model and skin anything yet without a NifTools plugin... so while you can technically add things to the game, you can't create anything to add yet)

Basically, the full list of required software for what you're asking for is this - and someone correct me if I'm wrong:

FO4Edit (released as alpha, needs work)

NifTools plugins (not released)

NifSkope (released as alpha, needs work)

OutfitStudio (not released)

G.E.C.K (posibly, maybe not - not released)

But once everything but Creation Kit is released  (assuming that will be released last because modders are faster than people in suits) you will be able to create and add custom outfits.

As for your 3rd question, you're not going to get much higher quality than this, have you seen the wireframe of this mesh?

Archived