Okay mod free upgrades are not available right away without payment but they do get released for free after delay. Sounds about right.

Not sure, what you are trying to say, but a paywall would be, if all future updates would require payment.

If you don't want to, you will never have to pay for any update from me.

Okay mod free upgrades are not available right away without payment but they do get released for free after delay. Sounds about right.

Not sure, what you are trying to say, but a paywall would be, if all future updates would require payment.

If you don't want to, you will never have to pay for any update from me.

You can of course do whatever you want, but delaying an update that only fixes crashes or issues that prevent the mod from working seems like a bad idea.

Now we're back to the original problem. Game crashes within 30 seconds of startup, with or without the old config.json.

Are you sure it's just SLIF that's causing your crashes? 30 seconds sounds like a long time, SLIF does the maintenance directly after loading.

From the Papyrus log it looks like you have a lot of errors, in particular from a script called SwallowCalculateScript, are you using the devourment mod?

If so, are you using the newest version, since I'm only supporting two of the older versions.

Did you clean the save with save cleaner? You may have killed some scripts with that.

You can of course do whatever you want, but delaying an update that only fixes crashes or issues that prevent the mod from working seems like a bad idea.

I won't release updates that cause ctd or have other serious issues to the public, only the fixed versions.

I won't release updates that cause ctd or have other serious issues to the public, only the fixed versions.

I must be miss-understanding something. Looking at the change log, 1.1.8a fixes two possible CTDs. So, those would be existing issues in the 1.1.8 version. 1.1.8 is currently publicly available. 1.1.8a isn't yet. Is that all correct?

I must be miss-understanding something. Looking at the change log, 1.1.8a fixes two possible CTDs. So, those would be existing issues in the 1.1.8 version. 1.1.8 is currently publicly available. 1.1.8a isn't yet. Is that all correct?

Neither version is publicly available as of yet, only the patches for version 1.1.8, which are independent from the main file.

The current publicly available version is 1.1.7a. The patches for version 1.1.8, also work for version 1.1.7a or most other version before that.

Neither version is publicly available as of yet, only the patches for version 1.1.8, which are independent from the main file.

The current publicly available version is 1.1.7a. The patches for version 1.1.8, also work for version 1.1.7a or most other version before that.

Ah. That makes sense. I had completely missed that the 1.1.8 file on LL was just the patches.

Now we're back to the original problem. Game crashes within 30 seconds of startup, with or without the old config.json.

Are you sure it's just SLIF that's causing your crashes? 30 seconds sounds like a long time, SLIF does the maintenance directly after loading.

From the Papyrus log it looks like you have a lot of errors, in particular from a script called SwallowCalculateScript, are you using the devourment mod?

If so, are you using the newest version, since I'm only supporting two of the older versions.

Did you clean the save with save cleaner? You may have killed some scripts with that.

No, didn't clean anything. Decided to wait for your update.

This crash starts when installing 1.1.8. It goes away if I back down to 1.1.7a, and that's the only change.

I tried reinstalling the patches without the devourment patch, but the results are the same.

The  results  are also the same if I try going back to a much earlier save before 1.1.8 was installed.

The system is heavily modded so 30 seconds doesn't seem surprising to me. I did notice on the old save that the crash was right after the message about SLIF updating.

The system is heavily modded so 30 seconds doesn't seem surprising to me. I did notice on the old save that the crash was right after the message about SLIF updating.

Yeah, and that's the only thing that makes logical sense to me, since that's the biggest change from 1.1.7a to 1.1.8, which also caused crashes for me too.

This occurs either on upate, so directly after loading, or inside the menu, when you make changes to bodymorphs.

I will try making a save with 1.1.7a and update it to 1.1.8 and see, if I missed something, but as of right now, it's pretty stable for me with version 1.1.8a.

Edit: Ignore this, I think I know, why this is happening, I didn't account for custom added BodyMorphs, I will fix this asap sorry.

Just to point out, most people have no use of the patches made for a version that isn't publicly available. It was already kind of annoying before the patreon, because patches were against the latest inflation update and so I had to make a choice to either update everything and restart or not update at all (as some mods requires you to have a clean save).

I don't really understand the reasoning though, and I am not against you trying to get some funds if you do need them or ask people to support you. But in this case it seems to be a misuse of the patreon model. I mean, everybody seems to go for patreon as if it was a magic thing. I can't give everybody a buck! Anyhow, inflation is a good utility. It really is. But I can live without it.

Again, I don't want to sound harsh but you'll either lose users, have people patient enough to wait, or people willing to give away some bucks for updates. Unless updated patches are released for the public version that is.

Just to point out, most people have no use of the patches made for a version that isn't publicly available. It was already kind of annoying before the patreon, because patches were against the latest inflation update and so I had to make a choice to either update everything and restart or not update at all (as some mods requires you to have a clean save).

I don't really understand the reasoning though, and I am not against you trying to get some funds if you do need them or ask people to support you. But in this case it seems to be a misuse of the patreon model. I mean, everybody seems to go for patreon as if it was a magic thing. I can't give everybody a buck! Anyhow, inflation is a good utility. It really is. But I can live without it.

Again, I don't want to sound harsh but you'll either lose users, have people patient enough to wait, or people willing to give away some bucks for updates. Unless updated patches are released for the public version that is.

As I said before, the patches will work regardless of the version of SLIF.

They are explicitly designed like this, so I don't have to redo them every version.

If this should change in the future, which is unlikely at the moment, I will make a statement about this.

You can use the patches for version 1.1.8 with either 1.1.7a or 1.1.8a (soon to be 1.1.8b).

That the patches have a version, is just an indication, that they were updated.

Maybe I should give them a date, instead of a version.

As I said before, the patches will work regardless of the version of SLIF.

They are explicitly designed like this, so I don't have to redo them every version.

If this should change in the future, which is unlikely at the moment, I will make a statement about this.

You can use the patches for version 1.1.8 with either 1.1.7a or 1.1.8a (soon to be 1.1.8b).

That the patches have a version, is just an indication, that they were updated.

Maybe I should give them a date, instead of a version.

Great, I just assumed they were built against your mod. With that clear, I have no problems then. It is actually easier.

I think the better option is to make them distinct from the core mod, and if possible make a list of the available patches with the version of their base mod. It's probably data that already exists somewhere though.

Edited by bicobus

So is the support for Amputator Framework in the new release? I did see the patch in the installer from the downloads here but I can't get the mods to work together yet. Not really my kink but since I got Slaverun this playthrough I wanted to check other plugins.

Sadly that was a bug in SLIF, I fixed the bug in version 1.1.8, but 1.1.7a still has it.

Does this mean it's fixed in the public scripts version or the Patreon core files version?

I'm confused as I'd think it would be in the public scripts version but the timestamp in the 7z archive are the same for both versions.

Quick Question, atm i have the 1.1.7a all in one version installed. So now i can install the patches installer above it, and im fine ?

Just curious what's the difference then between this 1.7 patched version and the 1.1.8b patreon version ?

Some CTD fixes. See the change long.

bicobus, on 03 Sept 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

Or have your mod pirated at https://www.reddit.com/r/modpiracy/ no point really.

Does this mean it's fixed in the public scripts version or the Patreon core files version?

I'm confused as I'd think it would be in the public scripts version but the timestamp in the 7z archive are the same for both versions.

It was a bug in the main file, not the patches, it's fixed in 1.1.8+.

Quick Question, atm i have the 1.1.7a all in one version installed. So now i can install the patches installer above it, and im fine ?

Just curious what's the difference then between this 1.7 patched version and the 1.1.8b patreon version ?

Yeah, you can install the patches just fine.

The main changes for version 1.1.8 are detailed here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/53219-sexlab-inflation-framework/?p=1996394

No joy here. Still crashes a few seconds after the load.

Then I'm running out of ideas here, that was the last thing I could think of at the moment, that could cause crashes.

SLIF compatibility script for Amputator breaks functionality of Deadly Traps and curses by Deizaron. Traps won't amputate player properly. Simple moving Amputator to win the script conflict  with SLIF will make Deadly Traps work again - no clean save required.