View File

Wrist-Binder

Features

• A quick and easy way to "bind" and "unbind" a character's wrists at will
  • Allows any set of cuffs that does not already do so to appear to bind your character's wrists
  • Designed for player but will also work on followers
  • Works for men and women
  • Works for all vanilla races
  • Uses slot 46 (Devious Devices yoke/armbinder slot)
  • No scripts

wbind_Banner.png

What?
Wrist-Binder is a tiny little mod that allows bound-wrist idle animations to be toggled on and off at will. It allows you to craft three types of binder. When equipped on your character, or any NPC, the standard Wrist-Binder will apply the bound-wrist idle animation used by most of the cuffs in the ZaZ Animation Pack (ZAP). The Crossed Wrist-Binder will apply an alternate idle, also from ZAP, where the wrists are crossed rather than held side by side. The Arm-Binder will apply an idle where the arms are folded across the spine. Your general idle animation will still play, just with arms bound behind the back.

The wrist-binders can be worn without cuffs but might look a little strange, as they are invisible. They are much better used with restraints. Devious Devices cuffs work well. Given that all of the ZAP cuff sets apply their own bound idle I have added in craftable versions of each set that are purely for show and don't actually do anything. This means that you can wear a set of cuffs for general gameplay and be completely free to move about, fight, sprint and anything else, then equip the wrist-binder of your choice to effectively "fasten the wrist cuffs together" behind your back.

Why?
Basically, I wanted to have my cake and eat it.

ZAP cuffs always force the bound idle, slow your character down, prevent sprinting, jumping and fighting, and force a facial expression. This means you can't really wear them purely as a "fashion statement." Devious restraints, on the other hand, lock on but don't actually bind visibly - with the exception of the yoke and armbinders. I wanted to be able to wear my cuffs for normal, unrestricted gameplay some of the time and to be nicely bound and helpless (at least visually) at others.

Wrist-Binder is the solution I came up with. It doesn't add in quest-related bondage or slavery. It's a "just for show" mod, a roleplay mod that allows the appearance of being bound without too much restriction and will need imagination and fantasy to fill in the blanks. For example: when my submissive character Sif is trotting around Skyrim in a set of cuffs with her owner by her side I want her to be allowed to fight when needed but be kept bound at other times. The wrist-binders are simulating her owner clipping Sif's cuffs together and releasing them as and when required. In my imagination, this is what I use them for.

I've been using Wrist-Binder in my own game in one form or another for months. This file is a tidied up version. It was designed to use on my player character, though Lydia and Jordis have spent a fair amount of time trying it out. I hope other people get a kick out of it, too.

How, Where and When?
Go to any blacksmith's forge or anvil. If you possess at least one roll of paper you should see a recipe to make "The Handy Wrist-Binding Manual." It requires one piece of leather and one roll of paper to craft. Once you've made the book and have it in your inventory some more crafting recipes should appear. Both types of wrist-binder require just a single iron ingot. The arm-binder requires a single leather strip.

With the manual you can also craft cosmetic versions of the main ZAP cuff sets - leather binds, rope 01 and 02, simple black and brown, iron black and brown, GSB and the handcuff-only wrist irons. These sets do not bind you, do not slow you down or stop you sprinting, jumping or fighting, and do not change your facial expression. They are purely for show and entirely optional. Depending on the set, they require iron ingots and/or leather strips and/or linen wraps.

If you do not have the manual in your inventory you will not see the crafting recipes for the new cuffs or binders. The manual can be read. It includes further instructions and illustrative images of the three idles, as well as giving you a skill boost (that is useless to you when wearing a binder!)

The wrist-binders themselves will not slow down your jogging speed or set a facial expression. They will prevent you from sprinting, jumping and fighting/drawing weapons/readying spells.

As with the original ZAP cuffs, NPCs wearing a wrist-binder can still sprint and fight, breaking the bound idle. If the idle does not reset after these events (it should with the sprinting) remove and re-equip the wrist-binder to "bind" them again.

This mod does not alter anything from ZAP, just adds a little.

Requirements
An updated copy of Skyrim
ZaZ Animation Pack and all of its requirements.
If you use ZAP 6.05+ you will need v1d
If you use ZAP 6.04 you will need v1c

Recommended, but not required
Devious Devices Assets, Integration and Expansion - lots of cuffs that work well with Wrist-Binder. Plus loads of other tight, shiny, restrictive and (sometimes) vibrating bondage goodness
PetCollar - be thrown down and ravished by your followers, or non-hostile NPCs if you're alone. What I use for the slavegirl and owner partnership in my game

Installation

• Be sure to install the ZaZ Animation Pack and its requirements by following the instructions on its download page. Currently the textures for ZAP are in a separate file to the main download, so double check you have those installed as well
  • Download the correct Wrist-Binder file for the version of ZAP you use (v1d for ZAP 6.05+ / v1c for ZAP 6.04)
  • Install Wrist-Binder with your favourite mod manager, or unzip it and drop the contents into your Skyrim Data folder
  • If you want the SexLabNoStrip keyword attached to the arm-binder, wrist-binder and crossed wrist-binder - so they will never be removed for SexLab animations - download the optional NoStripPATCH file for the version you use (either v1d or v1c) and install it over the main file, overwriting when asked.

Uninstall

Deactivate through your mod manager and/or delete the following from your Data folder:

• wristbinder.esp
  • textures/clutter/books/images/armbinder.png
  • textures/clutter/books/images/wristbinder.png
  • textures/clutter/books/images/wristbinderX.png

wbind_NY.png

Some Tips

Good Pet! ^_^

In real life, always practise safe, consensual and very kinky sex.
For best results, favourite your wrist-binder of choice and assign it a hotkey. With a single button you can then toggle binding on or off.

While the Crossed Wrist-Binder and Arm-Binder will always force the same pose and animation, the Wrist-Binder is a little more versatile. Look for the "Bound Hands" option in the ZAP MCM. It can be set for Default, No Struggle, Legacy or Light Struggle. Whichever setting you choose here will be applied to the standard wrist-binder. Try them out and see which one you like best!

Might I humbly suggest that "Light Struggle" would be a fine choice?

Naughty Pet! :angry:

Never remove a wrist-binder without permission from Master or Mistress.
Don't try to wear a wrist-binder with any other item that forces a bound idle - such as another wrist-binder, a Devious Devices yoke or armbinder, or the original cuff sets, yokes or armbinder from ZAP. It's possible nothing bad will happen if you do. It's also possible you will trigger the Apocalypse. You have been warned.

Known Issues

• Wrist-Binder does work with NPCs but they are prone to breaking the idle from time to time. The only way I know of to keep NPCs bound is to put them in a Devious Devices yoke or armbinder and in the DD MCM be sure to set the number of "slotted NPCs" to at least the number of NPCs you want to be bound. If you're going to use a wrist-binder on an NPC it is best to do it on a follower. (See next point.)
  • Some animations will break the binding, just as happens with the original ZAP cuffs. Things like swimming, sitting down or using furniture such as crafting stations will do this. (NPCs can break the idle by sandboxing the way Serana does, and the way vanilla followers can if you have a follower framework installed.) To reapply the bound idle simply take the wrist-binder off and put it back on again. If your follower framework allows it, you may also want to consider switching off sandboxing/auto idle for followers.
  • If you use Devious Devices there are some events that will break the bound idle. Strong vibrations will often do it, as will being forced to orgasm from them. Shocks may do it sometimes. The "Tight Corset" and "Horny" events will always break it. Either set the chance for these to zero (and be aware that they may still play in the next round of events but then shouldn't occur again) or be prepared to remove and re-equip a wrist-binder afterwards.
  • Despite having no enchantments, my versions of the ZAP cuff sets seem to have the enchanted symbol next to them in the SkyUI menu. This seems to be completely harmless.
  • Wrist-binders use slot 46 - the Devious Devices yoke and armbinder slot. This means anything else you're wearing in that slot (such as cloaks, which tend to use it) will probably be unequipped when you put one on.
  • It appears that multiple wrist-binders can be worn at the same time, despite all using the same slot. I have no idea how that's possible (perhaps because they use no Armour Addon) and nothing bad seems to happen when you do, but it's probably advisable to only wear one at a time, as well as not wearing a wrist-binder with any other item that forces a bound idle.
  • When bound, wrists may clip through buttocks. This would be a ZAP issue and is beyond my control, but it doesn't personally bother me. The amount of clippage depends on the general idle animation you use, and the size of your chosen body replacer's arse. Eating fewer sweetrolls may help alleviate symptoms.

Credits
Thanks to ZaZ and XaZ for the wonderful ZaZ Animation Pack
Thanks to brother number two for helping me put this together into a (hopefully) releasable state
Huge thanks to my great friend Coopervane who had to put up with lots of silly questions over the months and without whom I never would have managed to make even so basic a mod as this. Thank you, Coops!

Final Note
If you're having problems or have requests or suggestions feel free to post in the support thread.

Before posting problems please:

• read the description and installation instructions
  • correctly install the requirement
  • correctly install the requirements of the requirement
  • correctly install the requirements of the requirements of the requirement
  • read the support thread to see if anyone else has already reported the problem and any solution
  • offer yourself in sexual sacrifice to the cruel overlords of Papyrus

If you have done all of those things (well, all but one of those things - I can't actually expect anyone to read the description, after all) then feel free to post your issue in the support thread, but please no PMs for bugs, thank you.

Having said all that, I can't guarantee I will be able to do much in the way of support or development. Due to a long-term illness and a serious recent accident I currently struggle to either play or mod. With that in mind if anyone wants to use this mod, or the idea, in their own project you have my complete permission. Anyone can do anything they like with this as long as it remains freely available for all to use at no charge. And a credit would be nice.

Change Log

v1d

• fixed compatibility for ZAP 6.05+ (thanks, ffonGoom!)
  • all cuf sets should now show up properly and have go.nifs
  • stay with v1c if you use ZAP 6.04!

v1c

• change to the manual's crafting recipe - it now won't appear in your forge menu unless you have at least 1 roll of paper
  • manual tidied up, photos reduced in size, arm-binder photo added
  • adds Cuffs Wrist Iron to cosmetic cuff sets
  • adds Readme for people to not read

v1b

• adds "arm-binder"
  • adds optional patch so SexLab won't strip binders

v1

• Initial release
  • adds "wrist-binder" and "crossed wrist-binder"
  • adds purely cosmetic ZAP cuff sets

Have fun!
- Mord Sif

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/29/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    ZaZ Animation Pack
  • Special Edition Compatible

Edited by CPU

How would NPC resume the wrist-bind animation after the idle got interrupted?  I have been looking at ZaZ and DD in Tes5edit forever to do something similar but made little progress.  Cuff animation from ZaZ stop once the idle got interrupted and I thought only DDi can auto rebound NPC via script.

Thanks

ZAP cuffs always force the bound idle, slow your character down, prevent sprinting, jumping and fighting, (...)

They do it for reason: sprinting, jumping and fighting stops off-set idles. Its hardcoded, so blocking these actions is the only solution.

How would NPC resume the wrist-bind animation after the idle got interrupted?  I have been looking at ZaZ and DD in Tes5edit forever to do something similar but made little progress.  Cuff animation from ZaZ stop once the idle got interrupted and I thought only DDi can auto rebound NPC via script.

Thanks

In my experience if the idle is broken by an NPC sprinting it should resume by itself once they slow down. For other things that break it, you're right, it won't resume unless the item that applies the off-set idle is removed and re-equipped. That's part of ZAP itself and not something I plan to or have the ability to change.

In all honesty, while Wrist-Binder does work to "bind" NPCs it's really designed to work mainly on the player character. That's why I made it for my own game. NPCs can be annoying when they keep breaking the idle, and you'll get pretty much the same results simply using the original ZAP cuffs on them. As you say, DDi can keep them bound if you put them in a yoke or armbinder and have the number of slotted NPCs set to greater than zero in the DD MCM.

ZAP cuffs always force the bound idle, slow your character down, prevent sprinting, jumping and fighting, (...)

They do it for reason: sprinting, jumping and fighting stops off-set idles. Its hardcoded, so blocking these actions is the only solution.

Yes, I realise that's how the ZAP cuffs work and how they should work. I'm not criticising that or changing how the original cuff sets function. All Wrist-Binder does is give you the option to shift those restrictions to another item, so the new cuffs can be worn without restrictions and no binding, then be converted to restrict whenever you like. And also so cuffs from devious devices can be made to appear to bind you - effectively turning them into a combination of DD and ZAP cuffs.

It came about to fit the way I personally wanted to play. There will be different ways of doing it, and almost certainly better ways of doing it, but it fit the bill for what I wanted in my own game.

1) Awesome mod, thanks.

2) What is the armor/clothing being worn in the pictures?  (I mean aside from the pics with no armor, obviously :P)  No pressure to tell if you don't want to.

1) Thanks! Glad you like it :)

2) It's Aradia Kato for UNP. The arm cuffs in the clothed pictures are from Deviously Cursed Loot and the collar is from PetCollar, which uses the meshes and textures from Hentai Creatures. I can't remember where the necklace came from, though it was a UNP jewellery mod.

Woah, this is insane, I was thinking about a mod just like this about a week ago, and here you've gone and read my mind!

Looks pretty good, I can't wait to give it a go. It looks like something I really needed  :heart:

Woah, this is insane, I was thinking about a mod just like this about a week ago, and here you've gone and read my mind!

Looks pretty good, I can't wait to give it a go. It looks like something I really needed  :heart:

Deviant minds think alike! ;)

Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you, yurik! That would be amazing. The chance of the idea catching the eye of modders who actually know what they're doing :P is one of the main reasons I released it.

And thanks for PetCollar, too. It's probably the one specific mod above all others that's allowed me to play Skyrim the way I always wanted to play it.

Sexy idle seems to reset the animation after a few seconds. Is this solvable in any way?

I've never used that idle. Is that the one where she keeps touching her boobs?

I suppose the thing to check, if you wouldn't mind, is whether that idle breaks the animation for the original ZAP cuffs as well. If it does then it's something that would have to be asked in the ZAP thread or the one for Sexy Idle itself. If it's only wrist-binder then I can try to take a look, though as I said in the final note of the OP my health is preventing me from playing or modding at the moment, so it might take me a while.

If you need to get yourself some ZaZ cuffs...

Their names all start with "zbf." Open the console (key to the left of your 1 key, top left of the keyboard) and enter:

help "zbf cuff"

You should get a list of the cuff sets, each with an 8-digit code. Then enter:

player.additem xxxxxxxx 1

Where xxxxxxxx is the code for one of the sets and 1 is the quantity you want to add to your inventory. Close the console with the same key and try the cuffs on to see if the idle breaks.

Alternatively, entering:

coc zbftestzone

should transport you to a nice little dungeon where all the zbf items can be looted from a couple of chests. Enter:

coc riverwood

to get back out.

I suppose the thing to check, if you wouldn't mind, is whether that idle breaks the animation for the original ZAP cuffs as well. If it does then it's something that would have to be asked in the ZAP thread or the one for Sexy Idle itself. If it's only wrist-binder then I can try to take a look, though as I said in the final note of the OP my health is preventing me from playing or modding at the moment, so it might take me a while.

Their names all start with "zbf." Open the console (key to the left of your 1 key, top left of the keyboard) and enter:

help "zbf cuff"

Where xxxxxxxx is the code for one of the sets and 1 is the quantity you want to add to your inventory. Close the console with the same key and try the cuffs on to see if the idle breaks.

Alternatively, entering:

coc zbftestzone

should transport you to a nice little dungeon where all the zbf items can be looted from a couple of chests. Enter:

coc riverwood

to get back out.

Upon further testing, it seems to affect not only the specific idle animation, but all animation replacers. Same thing happens with ZaZ cuffs, I suspect it may be a problem with my ZaZ framework installation, I'll try re-installing older versions and see if that works.

Sorry to hear about your situation, hope you'll get well soon! :)

Thanks for the mod.

I hope someone could make a real leash, not the "invisible leash effect" that we actually have, but a real visible leash from collar to Master´s hand :)

Maybe for Fallout 4 :P

You're welcome. And a leash would be great, I agree. Unfortunately it's far beyond my skill to do it.

Good pet. :heart:

*purrs* ^_^

help "zbf cuff"

Alternatively, entering:

coc zbftestzone

coc riverwood

to get back out.

Upon further testing, it seems to affect not only the specific idle animation, but all animation replacers. Same thing happens with ZaZ cuffs, I suspect it may be a problem with my ZaZ framework installation, I'll try re-installing older versions and see if that works.

Sorry to hear about your situation, hope you'll get well soon! :)

Thanks! And I hope you get to the bottom of what's causing it. Good luck.

If anyone got an update notification it was just a quick edit to the mod description. Sorry!

Clarified that while Wrist-Binder does work on NPCs, it's primarily designed for the player. Also added the known issues section to the description, as I had accidentally only put it in the opening post of this topic.

Good man. I made a mod to ZaZ a while back, but deleted the ESP because I am dumb. Didn't remember what it was for. Anyways, I added in another wrist offset (04) because I really like it. Using your template, it took longer to get through all the errors in the CK than it did to make the change. Also, troubleshot too long because I missremembered it as 03 (derp).

Kudos and thanks.

post-70154-0-44192400-1443998841_thumb.png

I made a mod to ZaZ a while back, but deleted the ESP because I am dumb. Didn't remember what it was for. Anyways, I added in another wrist offset (04) because I really like it. Using your template, it took longer to get through all the errors in the CK than it did to make the change. Also, troubleshot too long because I missremembered it as 03 (derp).

Kudos and thanks.

attachicon.gifanimhands04.png

Ooh. I actually like that one as well. I once experimented with making an invisible devious armbinder that would apply that pose but the arm position is buried in the armbinder script, and scripts are a dark magic far beyond my ken. If I get the energy to mod again I might see about adding in another version for that pose. Glad you were able to work it in.

And generally, thank you to everyone who's given the mod a go!

Guest Long John

@Mord Sif - Could you please provide a "NoStrip" enabled varient of your restraints please? This will help alexvkj as the keyword is required for ensuring that SexLab doesn't strip the items when required not to be. Since the item's creator has to add the keyword while editing the item in Creation Kit.

Alternatively if you can't make the change is it possible for you to grant permission for alexvkj to be able to make the change?

If you could do this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and attention in this matter.

@Mord Sif - Could you please provide a "NoStrip" enabled varient of your restraints please? This will help alexvkj as the keyword is required for ensuring that SexLab doesn't strip the items when required not to be. Since the item's creator has to add the keyword while editing the item in Creation Kit.

Alternatively if you can't make the change is it possible for you to grant permission for alexvkj to be able to make the change?

If you could do this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and attention in this matter.

I might be wrong about this, but I didn't think alexvkj was actually using anything from Wrist-Binder for Play Submissive, just that he liked the idea and was going to include something similar.

Just to be clear, what you're looking for is SexLabNoStrip to be added to the wrist-binders so they won't be removed for a SexLab animation? And this is so that the ZaZ bound animation override can be applied to them?

The reason I didn't put that keyword on them (and I probably should have put this in the description) is because in my experience leaving them on always results in the bound idle being broken once the animation finishes. You will appear to have your arms unbound but you still won't be able to jump, sprint or fight. The wrist-binder would then always need to be taken off and put back on again. In my SexLab strip settings I always had slot 46 set to be stripped, that way the wrist-binder is removed for the animation and re-equipped at the end and the idle stays intact. Then again, my set up might different to most others.

I was still using ZAP 6.04 for a couple of reasons. First, every version beyond 6.04 seems to have broken the player character letting out a gagged moan when equipping a ZAP gag - something I particularly like. And second, the ZaZ bound animation override (which isn't included in 6.04) always seemed to cause problems I couldn't get to the bottom of. In my game 99% of the SexLab animations were called by PetCollar when someone made use of my character, and I had PetCollar set to use aggressive animations which were mostly the non-con Leito anims from NSAP, so I didn't have much need for the bound override anyway.

Having said all that (sorry for rambling) I'd be happy to upload an edited esp with the NoStrip keyword if it will help - and this might be better for ZAP 6.07 users - but I won't be able to test how well it works. I'd have to leave that to you guys to try it out and let me know.

Just give the word if you want me to go ahead with that. Once I can get on my PC it should only take a few minutes and it wouldn't even need me to add SexLab as a direct requirement. Creating a new keyword with the right name would mean it does nothing without SexLab installed but will be recognised and dealt with normally if it is.

Thanks