Thanks for continuing this mod.  So far I got through all the quests up to and including the first customer with the dog, which went on without a hitch.  After picking up a second quest with a dog, I went to upstairs and they are located in a room behind a locked door which I can't open and have no key for.  I have tried waiting to see if the client comes out of the room, but they never leave and I can't find a key anyplace.  I'm stuck and can't progress any further.

I'm using the latest version of SL 1.59.  Don't want to upgrade to 1.60 until the mods I use have been updated to work with it.

Update.  I was able to pickpocket the key I needed.  Got the client to the dog in  the basement, but when I try to talk to the dog to get things started, nothing come up on the dog to initiate anything.  So, again I'm stuck on the quest, only now I have the client following me around everywhere.

Advance the quest NA_SQ_DogTraining stage by stage to the final stage. The quest should complete and the journal entry moved into the completed quests list.

Once that's done enter "set NA_NPCCheering to 0" in the console. You should be able to proceed with your game.

Will do, ty for the reply.

Hi I have a problem, when I go to get a bard to come work at the animal mansion I get a mission: return to thaena. When I come to the mansion with the bard "return to thaena" gets completed, but I can't progress any further, i can't talk to her or the bard, they are just standing there. 

Thanks in advance :)

Generally i would agree that the more story mod has the better.

If its just watching anims with no story it gets old quite fast.

Tho i dont think this would be something Thaena would be interested in. She doesn't strike me as someone that would be willing to intentionally hurt any animal.

There was an idea long time ago that some other establishment would be made - which would be far less consensual than the mansion.

If that would be made this would fit there nicely.

Eventually this could be something that Jarl of Falkreath could do.

But Thaena herself? That would be rather strange turn of events imo.

Thanks fldnx for your thoughts.

Sexual Gladiators!  Hapless victims tossed into the arena to be fucked to death. That would be horrifying. Player goes to ... rescue the animals? The victims? But yes, this is not a fighting mod so the rescue (if that's what it is to be) has to be considerably more clever than marching in and killing bad guys.

Or maybe just a venue for a large audience to enjoy shows.

Or both ideas.

Earlier I happened to be in Dimhollow Crypt - that last chamber with the arena and the word wall - and I'm thinking "yeah, this looks interesting!"

And like aqqh said, stories and quests are all-important. So how to flesh out those little ideas?

Hm, let's see and have some brain-storming? Iirc sky-mds wanted the Mansion itself to be more consensual, and with Thaena etc it indeed would be inappropiate to go dark. But the idea with the other establishment is maybe a good way....and might give future quests of the mod some kind of "red line" to follow/give background. For example:

Once you have "collected" all animals for the Mansion things seem to run smoothly, but then there would be a stranger visiting the Mansion, maybe purchasing a full tour through most animals/events possible at the Mansion. The idea him being a shady guy seeing that such a Mansion has potential (he might even try to see/probe if the player is interested to "defect"? ) However the guy/girl leaves and you get some other new quest ...

However, lets say the next time Thaena gives you a dog-show as quest the customer tells you he was approached by someone that wanted to buy his dogs, or the Markarth-Hustler tells you someone wanted his "special" horses etc - first hints...

The challenging other establishment itself? Personally I'd place it in the Riften Ratways - have a little door before those two Ffarfdh/Grey Mouser Cosplayers at teh entrance? The graphic-set of the Ratways (rough stone, dirt etc) would be quite suited for such an Underground-club - maybe run by a lower member of the infamous Black Briar family who wants to cahs in on the whole Mansion-busniness with his own version.

Of course that version is far less "nice". The girls are often abducted and mistreated, the animals also not treated well/drugged. Storywise the player would early pay a little visit in the "Dark Mansion" to investigate (which may or may not end too well?), and later some quests outside would be about trying to get the new Mansion out o business or something like that, and vice-versa the "darkmansioners" would try to sabotage the Mansion in various ways. For example Thaena wants you to get a new animal from Solstheim and some Dark-Agent is interfering/messing your quest up etc..

This way you would have the potential to throw in darker stuff without "betraying" the idea of the real Mansion. It would surely add more diversity to the quest and, as said in the beginning, provide some kind of backstory for things to come (hey, Thaena could even have some kind of old friendship/relationship with the DarkMansioner? or something along those lines)

Hi I have a problem, when I go to get a bard to come work at the animal mansion I get a mission: return to thaena. When I come to the mansion with the bard "return to thaena" gets completed, but I can't progress any further, i can't talk to her or the bard, they are just standing there. 

Thanks in advance :)

Go talk to Jesper. After that the scene that was supposed to start should start. If it doesn't you'll need to use the console:

See what stage you are on:   sqv na_mq_start

If you are on stage 130: setstage na_mq_start 135

That should start the scene. If it doesn't let me know.

im having a bit of a problem with the horse quest.  a while back Skulvar and Jervar were killed by death hounds and now i have no way to continue the quest. what is the stage so i can advance to the holster in solitude?

Quest is NA_MQ_Horse.  Stage 10 is go to Solitude.

Damn death hounds...

im having a bit of a problem with the horse quest.  a while back Skulvar and Jervar were killed by death hounds and now i have no way to continue the quest. what is the stage so i can advance to the holster in solitude?

Quest is NA_MQ_Horse.  Stage 10 is go to Solitude.

Damn death hounds...

thank you very much

cant you get their IP and resurrect them ?

already resurrected them did it right after they were killed, but most NPCs that are resurrected usually disappear

cant you get their IP and resurrect them ?

The bodies are probably gone already.

player.placeatme <id> 

try this code, and if needed "resurrect" after

(maybe a "1" after id, i dunno)

dont work tried it

player.placeatme <id> 

It may work, but since the command "placeatme" does not spawn the original actor, but rather a copy of the base ID you put in, there is no guarantee it will work if the original actor died and despawned already.

it doesnt work. using resurrect then move to or place at me doesnt work because he doesnt have the dialog for the quest.

i think skyrim doesnt want me to use this mod.  ive played through the wolf quest 6 times now. every time after the first fuck with the werewolf my char gets frozen in place, i cant activate or talk to anyone, reloading does not fix it.  im not sure what to do.

maybe this will help

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Disable SexLab's automatic free camera. For some reason that gives some people trouble with this quest.

I just wanted to say thank you so much, for taking this fun mod and making it into a classic one.  I was pleasantly suprised when my character's first paying customer, enjoyed the dog fucking her so much, he paid 100 gold to fuck her straight after the dog. I hope there is a bidet in her room!

I have a small problem. I started a quest to entertain a customer, but he/she is in the locked room and there is no key to open it. Thaena has no dialogue to give me the key. Should I just use the console?

I remember that was an issue in the old Animal Mansion as well.

I also never got the quest to get a waitress, I suppose it is moved for later?

I have a small problem. I started a quest to entertain a customer, but he/she is in the locked room and there is no key to open it. Thaena has no dialogue to give me the key. Should I just use the console?

I remember that was an issue in the old Animal Mansion as well.

I also never got the quest to get a waitress, I suppose it is moved for later?

The waitress quest is gone. The object of that quest will show up later in the mod.

Re the key: I will have to fix that. Until then, you can try opening the door just be careful not to get nabbed for trespassing. Alternatively, you can console to the end of the quest and hope for better luck next time. :blush:

Just a quick update: Sordid and Troll quests are done. I've fixed the bugs I know how to fix. Right now I'm playing through the mod (again and again and again ...) to make sure it all still works and finding loose ends. My papyrus log is clean and I'm almost done. No ETA but it's getting very close now. Just bear with me a little longer.

For everyone posting ideas:  I know I don't respond much but I really like reading all of your ideas. So, thank you! :)

I just wanted to say thank you so much, for taking this fun mod and making it into a classic one.  I was pleasantly suprised when my character's first paying customer, enjoyed the dog fucking her so much, he paid 100 gold to fuck her straight after the dog. I hope there is a bidet in her room!

Skyrim toilet technology has a long way to go ... Would you settle for a wash basin in your room? :lol:

ok ill try that

wow that worked. i never thought that something that simple would fix it. thank you so much

Yeah, it's an old bug and the solution is totally not obvious. Wish I could remember who was the genius who first figured that one out. That definitely merits a cigar.

Since i saw people throwing in ideas, i thought i could do the same, and you can simply skip and ignore dislike:

Ever thought about the player becoming famous, eventually, for her actions? So far, least in every edition i ever played, none of the guests and visitors ever remembers you, whether inside the mansion or later when you meet them in the regular Skyrim world.

Giving NPCs "memories" is a high priority. It's also very time-consuming so I'm doing it in small chunks. You should probably start seeing it with Thaena in the up-coming release.

<>

And last, i always wondered if some sort of advertizement would be feasible. Like, Thaena wants to spread the word, and in darker alleys, or at least off the main roads and guards eyes, you discover a poster on the wall (something generic, imagewise, of course, drawing of a woman mating a dog for example) advertizing the mansion. No idea if its possible to read the player's name and add it to the poster.<>

I can certainly put up some adverts here and there. Getting the player's name on them would be awesome but probably technically impossible. The best approximation I can think of is: you click on the advertisement, a message box pops up, and that can have player's name in it.

Since i saw people throwing in ideas, i thought i could do the same, and you can simply skip and ignore dislike:

Ever thought about the player becoming famous, eventually, for her actions? So far, least in every edition i ever played, none of the guests and visitors ever remembers you, whether inside the mansion or later when you meet them in the regular Skyrim world.

Giving NPCs "memories" is a high priority. It's also very time-consuming so I'm doing it in small chunks. You should probably start seeing it with Thaena in the up-coming release.

For clients it would be as simple as adding some faction ranks.

Each time they witness you they could be getting more used to the idea. Its kinda strange that female clients want to participate right from the start.

Would that influence the outside world? First you dont use vanilla characters anywhere except parties. And i'm not sure if it's worth the effort to set up a system like that just for a handful of npcs.

If you want immersion then you can always say that party goers had a really wild party and after all that mead (if not skooma) they dont really remember who was that performer girl.

I would do something else. NPCs that know you (could be based on relationship rank) but dont know that you are working in the mansion (faction rank mentioned above)

could have some different responses.

Suggested it to Sky_mds once:

once i had a party with random guests. Couple of various strangers - about whom I didnt rly care about - and Lydia.

Would be awesome if you would be mutually surprised to see each other there.

And maybe after such meeting they could try to ask you for very private show when you meet them somewhere?

PS - imagine for example that among party goers your character finds her spouse for example. Hilarious  :P

aqqh -

PS - imagine for example that among party goers your character finds her spouse for example. Hilarious  :P

Oh my god!! I'm in tears laughing over here! What a thought. :lol:

But about NPC memories - yeah, I mean whatever system I do (it's going to be factions actually or in some cases using variables as in the Sordid quest) isn't technically difficult, it's writing all the new dialogue and accounting for a bunch of possible earlier encounters that's the time sink. It's a pretty deep hole actually. But I really think it will be worth it. Seeing Thaena's and Sordid's dialogues (for example) change over time is really very satisfying for me. :D

Just a quick update: Sordid and Troll quests are done. I've fixed the bugs I know how to fix. Right now I'm playing through the mod (again and again and again ...) to make sure it all still works and finding loose ends. My papyrus log is clean and I'm almost done. No ETA but it's getting very close now. Just bear with me a little longer.

yeeeey :) Keep up the good work !