[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools - UPDATE(11/21/18): Kinky Overalls

Another problem I ran into,  please see photos.  Anyone knows how to fix the bottom of the suit so that it flows normally? 

attachicon.gifDEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round 3_14_2016 7_34_02 AM.pngattachicon.gifDEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round 3_14_2016 7_34_44 AM.png

Thanks for all your issue reports Mikkukan.  

The hat issue is tricky to deal with, and I had experimented (and apparently failed miserably, lol) in approximating the hat positions (like the flower).    This problem can be fixed by deleting the hat like you mentioned or you can import the whole model into your editing software using my converter and move the hat part a bit lower and closer to the head and that should be a relatively simple edit to make.   Please note that for an accurate edit you will have to import the head model of the character you are editing for.

As for the collision issue, I can't seem to reproduce it.  Although I can't find the green version of LISA DLC004 but I would imagine that they would behave the same.

LISA_DLC_004 to Helena using the default SF30 with auto bone/collision transfer from the tool

post-781013-0-42951100-1457970355_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-56057700-1457970357_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-54750800-1457971028_thumb.jpg

What is the costume you are using?  Perhaps problem can be an isolated issue.

@Razbitume thanks for helping :D

More updates to address issues reported by a few users to my Converter tool.   This seems like a never ending cycle, lol.

Short version

Change log
V0.4.5
- Modified the way "Automatically Correct Neck Vertices for.." to be less aggressive in that it only attempts to repair the very top ring of the neck instead of all three rings.
- Modified "Recompute Normal Vectors" functionality so that it backs up the original top ring of neck vertices' normal and position vectors and puts them back after recalculating all normal vectors.
- Quality of life improvement - the neck repair drop down box is now sorted.  The automatic selection is based on character name in your TMC file, so it helps to name your TMC with your character name.

Long version:

A few issues with the automatic neck vertices repair functionality have been reported which made me reconsider the way it is implemented in order to make the Converter tool easier to use.

Currently, it looks at the top three rings (~66 vertices) and attempt to "fix" them by checking proximity of the model's neck vertices with the reference vertices and copy both vertex position and normal vectors to the model. 

This works fairly well for models with nothing near the neck area.  Take the following Kasumi outfit for instance, there should be no difference between 0.4.4 and 0.4.5 if all of the post processing methods are used since she has nothing near her neck, but let's take a look at just the "Recompute Normal Vectors" for a quick comparison.

post-781013-0-30032300-1458001679_thumb.png

The shot on the left is done with only recompute normal vectors using v0.4.4.  A visible neck seam can be observed, but the shot on the right is also done with only recompute normal vectors using v0.4.5, and there's no seam.   The new implementation of recompute normal vectors backs up original top neck ring of the model and puts it back after it's done with re-calculation, so there's no visible seam on the neck, even though there are still seams on the body, which can be fixed using the "Seam Smoothing" functionality.  (I didn't smooth seams since it would make it hard to tell whether or not normal vectors have been recalculated :D)

Another issue with the old implementation is that the "Auto Correct Neck Vertices" must be used when recomputing normal vectors which is no longer the case with version 0.4.5.   The implementation in v0.4.4 would cause some messed up neck vertices if the character has neck accessories that are closely attached to the neck region. 

For example:

post-781013-0-19261100-1458001688_thumb.png

Left most shot is done using V0.4.4 with recompute NV, seam smoothing and neck fix.   The neck area is a bit messed up because with the old implementation of neck fix, the tool tries to correct all three rings which can cause problems for outfits such as this one.

The middle shot is done using v0.4.5 with just recompute normal vectors and smooth seam.  Since the model begins with correct neck vertices, there is no need to use "Automatically Correct Neck Vertices for.." functionality.   All is well after normal vector recomputation and seam smoothing.

The right most shot is done using v0.4.5 with all three post processing functionalities enabled.   Since the new implementation for neck fix only adjusts the top ring, the neck band is no longer messed up.

I've also updated the tooltips to reflect the new changes.

post-781013-0-98402900-1458001692_thumb.png

If you know that your model has the correct neck vertices, there is no need to use "Automatically Correct Neck Vertices for.." post processing functionality anymore.   Just use recompute normal vectors and seam smoothing if you want to update normal vectors.  If there's still neck seam, you can use "Automatically Correct Neck Vertices for.." post processing functionality to attempt to repair it.

However, when importing OBJ from Blender, I believe you still need to use all three post processing functionalities since it does not seem to be able to import normal vectors from OBJ files.

The updated tool can be found here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-updated-101015/?p=1346825

Hi, i've follow all the tutorials but i don't find the way to fix that. I've tryed to convert tmc >Mila to Mila LOD With "character transformer tool".

Can someone help me please ? Thanks in advance...

attachicon.gifSans titre 2.jpg

Is the from character Mila?  (Ie is the TMC originally made for Mila?)  If it is not originally made for Mila, you will have to choose whoever it is for originally as the "From" character, and then select UD_Mila_LOD as the "To" target and all should be well, aside from a bit of neck deformation that I saw in my brief testing which can look a little odd, but the neck is connected, and she should gain a sizable boost to her cup size :bush:

I  made these test LOD models quickly and didn't thoroughly test each and every one of them.   My apologies.

Hi, i've follow all the tutorials but i don't find the way to fix that. I've tryed to convert tmc >Mila to Mila LOD With "character transformer tool".

Can someone help me please ? Thanks in advance...

attachicon.gifSans titre 2.jpg

Is the from character Mila?  (Ie is the TMC originally made for Mila?)  If it is not originally made for Mila, you will have to choose whoever it is for originally as the "From" character, and then select UD_Mila_LOD as the "To" target and all should be well, aside from a bit of neck deformation that I saw in my brief testing which can look a little odd, but the neck is connected, and she should gain a sizable boost to her cup size :bush:

I  made these test LOD models quickly and didn't thoroughly test each and every one of them.   My apologies.

You don't have to apologize, you've done so much for us ^^. This happen to me when i drop the body HDM 3.36 tmc of mila. Everything is good except the neck...i'll try to fix it. Thanks anyway :-)

Timmy Character Transformer Tutorial

Use the load button or drop the TMC onto the tool window to load the TMC as shown below
post-781013-0-84924600-1475282543_thumb.png

Make sure the "From" and "To" characters are correct and the settings are what you want.  Please note that the tool uses a naive way of determining the "To" character by looking at your file name, so it helps to name your TMC file with the character in its name.

After all is loaded, verify the settings and hit "Transform" button and all should be set and good to go in game!   If the transformation result is not satisfactory, smoothing modes and values can be tweaked to further fine-tune the result. 

Now I'd like to go over a few settings in a bit more details and try to explain what they do to the best of my ability.

Smoothness:
You will find three ways to control the outcome of transformation. Regular smoothing mode if neither Hybrid nor Adaptive is checked, Hybrid smoothing mode if "Hybrid" is checked, or Adaptive smoothing mode, if "Adaptive" is checked.

The default smoothing mode is Hybrid.

Hybrid Smoothing Mode aims to bridge the gap between adaptive and regular smoothing modes.  With adaptive, it is "true to form" transformation with high chance of deformation, whereas, regular smoothing mode has the least amount of clipping but the transformation result is not faithful to the original source.  Hybrid mode takes the best of both worlds - offering the performance of regular mode and the "true to form"ness of the adaptive mode.   With this mode, the transformed result should be very close to what you would get with adaptive mode in form/shape but has much lower chance of clipping problems.  If clipping issues are observed, try lowering the smoothness number.

Regular smoothing mode is enabled by disabling both "Adaptive" and "Hybrid," and it is a "Fast approximation" smoothing mode which is very similar to computer graphics' "Multi Sample AntiAliasing" technique in that for every vertex, the tool looks at neighbor vertices to smooth the entire model out. Personally I find this mode to be the most problem free since it scales the entire model with just one value. Within a reasonable range (30~60 seem to work best), there should be no weird problems such as models coming apart at the seams or other oddities. For more information on how this works, please check out a more detailed explanation.

As a bonus and a unique "feature" of my tool, the higher the smoothness number, the more resemblance of the "From" character the final outcome will bear and vice versa, so if you prefer Marie with a fuller set of breasts, you can crank it up to give her instant cup size boost :bush:

Adaptive smoothing mode is my attempt at preserving the form of the "To" character as faithfully as possible. As such, there might be slight to severe degree of deformation depending on your model. Any such implementation of "faithful" transformation will have deformations one way or the other for transformations between characters with drastic difference in shapes. Some are more obvious than others. A general rule of thumb is that if you want to preserve the shape of the "To" character and you can deal with some potential slight deformation issues, this mode can be used. I would recommend starting out at 30 and either increase or decrease a bit at a time and see how it turns out.

However, adaptive mode should work fairly well for transformations between ladies with similar shapes. What I found after having used adaptive mode for a while is that, for models that are scantly clad or most player made nude mods, this mode works fairly well if you have little in the way of clothing on top of the model. This mode also works fairly well if the model is made in a way that there is little overlapping vertices (ie no skin underneath bra for instance).

Comparisons of three smoothing modes:

post-781013-0-53219800-1475282271_thumb.pngpost-781013-0-28191300-1475282273_thumb.pngpost-781013-0-66439600-1475282274_thumb.pngpost-781013-0-94428600-1475282275_thumb.png

A few examples of adaptive vs normal mode and where there's little difference.
For characters with similar shape (pretty much every one except to/from Marie), regular mode works fairly well and there's little difference between the two. If you look closely however you can probably see that adaptive gives Honoka larger breasts.
Leifang to Honoka Normal VS Adaptive
post-781013-0-34151700-1458181309_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-15947800-1458181311_thumb.jpg
Another Honoka normal smoothing mode. Kokoro to Honoka
post-781013-0-98798600-1458181312_thumb.jpg
Not a whole lot of difference between the two and its certainly almost impossible to tell in action.
Here's a good example of Marie adaptive mode
post-781013-0-25713700-1458181314_thumb.jpg
If you like official costumes that does not bare a whole lot of skin, normal mode does just fine even for Marie
post-781013-0-70798000-1458181315_thumb.jpg

Automatic bone/collision transfer:
The transformer will attempt to set the bone and collision structure for you if you check the two options. There are, however, times when the automatic transfer does not work well and could cause problems such as auto eject to desktop when the transformed model is loaded. This is the case for a few early player made mods such as my XmasInJuly pack. If this happens, please uncheck the automatic bone/collision transfer and check "Skeleton Patcher" instead. The tool will launch Harry Palmer's skeleton patcher which can be used to fix such issues.

A bit more on what collision transfer really does. This is another unique feature of my transformer. My tool, since version 0.1.6, has the ability to automatically transfer collision for you, but what does it really do? I am sure a lot of you have the same question.

If you transform from a short haired character to a long haired one, and collision information is not transferred, you will have a lot of hair clipping through body issues. If you let the tool transfer collision for you, there will be no such issues.
Here's a quick example of Lisa to Rachel transformation with and without collision transfer
post-781013-0-51439000-1458181727_thumb.png
A few more examples of Lisa to Marie
post-781013-0-92720200-1458181766_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-18317200-1458181768_thumb.jpg

However, occasionally you might run into odd issues where transformation looks fine in Noesis, but some parts move unnaturally in game. 

post-781013-0-86853400-1458606326_thumb.png

A very simple workaround is to disable "Automatic Collision Transfer"

Since this particular costume comes with hair collision, all should be fine in game afterwards.

post-781013-0-90646400-1458496659_thumb.png

Approximate Accessory Positions

This was added to attempt to adjust some accessory positions after transformation is complete with a small degree of success.   It is not always accurate hence the term approximate.  For more information, please check out this post

User Defined References

Another feature is the support of user defined models. You can drop your own custom models into the "UserDefined" folder and it will show up automatically in the tool as "UD_<filename>". Please keep in mind that these reference files need to follow the same format as a sample I've provided if you want to transfer between the default references and your custom models.  The number of vertices and their order must be the same. You can change the shape and whatnot and the tool will transform your model to conform to your desired shape.   You can, however, drop your own set of reference files and freely transform between them as long as your reference models come with the correct bone structure and skin mtr col.

For compatibility with the existing references, I recommend editing the included "KasumiReferenceByHarryPalmer.tmc" to the shape you prefer with my TMC/OBJ Converter & Post Processing Tool.

Custom Textures

The tool also supports custom textures which can be dropped into "Textures" sub folder.  For more information on this functionality, please read this post

The updated tool can be found here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-031416-converter-v045-transformer-v024c-updated-lod-test-pack/?p=1460252

post-781013-0-00110300-1458181796_thumb.jpg

post-781013-0-48982800-1458181797_thumb.jpg

I hope there are no remaining doubts about using your tools with this new detailed tutorial you have made.

I saw you mentioned the particular case of Honoka textures, so I decided to finally create a pack with all the necessary files, especially useful in case you want to transform models from Honoka to any other characters. Because as all must know (I hope), Honoka (and therefore HLOD models) have a different UV map.

I have also adapted a special version that may be really useful in case of using vanilla (or non-nude) Honoka models, since it doesn't include nipple textures (pussy texture is present, but is irrelevant here, since is not visible on vanilla models).

As a side note, I never thought this pack would be useful for other things different from HOLD models. It's good to know that it wasn't in vain.

Btw, I know I said I'd do this the last weekend, so sorry for this delay.

PS: @all: please, read the tutorials, it just take some minutes. All the info is here.

I hope there are no remaining doubts about using your tools with this new detailed tutorial you have made.

I saw you mentioned the particular case of Honoka textures, so I decided to finally create a pack with all the necessary files (time to start to put a definitive closure to this stuff), especially useful in case you want to transform models from Honoka to any other characters. Because as all must know (I hope), Honoka (and therefore HLOD models) have a different UV map.
I have also adapted a special version that may be really useful in case of using vanilla (or non-nude) Honoka models, since it doesn't include nipple textures.

As a side note, I never thought this pack would be useful for other things different from HOLD models. It's good to know that it wasn't in vain.
Btw, I know I said I'd do this the last weekend, so sorry for this delay.

PS: @all: please, read the tutorials, it just take some minutes. All the info is here.

Awesome! The Master of P comes to the rescue again and makes the tool whole :D.  I've updated the tutorial post to include the special MoP edition textures :bush:

this momiji's mod is amazing

can i have this mod? thanks before.. hehe..

You should be able to transform from the same costume for Hitomi that I released to Momiji using my transformer tool.  Let me know if you have any questions.

attachicon.gifDEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round 3_17_2016 6_06_38 AM.png

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

But for some reason Helena's body seems a little different...

I think what you are seeing is the "bonus" feature of my tool since, I am going to assume that, you use a relatively high smoothness value from Honoka to Helena.   Since the way my smoothing mode is implemented is using a greedy heuristics, having high value of smoothness will make the final transformation outcome a bit closer to the "From" character (lower smoothness is closer to "To") which can be a bonus if you like Marie with a fuller set of breasts :bush: 

Using a bit more moderate value (try the default 30 for instance or go up/down a little bit) should yield better results if you want to keep the form, or you can try adaptive mode.

I haven't gotten around to using your tool, but I definitely will once I have more spare time..  But I wanted to pop in and say that your work is very much appreciated, thanks for making such a newbie friendly write up as well! Hopefully once I migrate all my stuff to my new hard drive I'll finally get to mess around with it. Thanks again timmyc!

f0pl.jpg

0u04.jpg

Hi Timmy,

I think the picture say everything that I need to say lol :D

But here is more information :

Version used : 0.2.3b

Transformation : Honoka original Valentine Day costume to Helena & Momiji

Option used : Smoothness 30 (without Adaptative mode) + Auto Bones & Collision + Skeleton Patcher + Replace Skin

-------

Others test tried :

Version used : 0.2.5

Transformation : Honoka original Valentine Day costume to Momiji

Option used 1 : Smoothness 30 (without Adaptative) + Skeleton Patcher & Replace Skin

Option 2 : Smoothness 30 (without Adaptative) + Auto Bones + Replace Skin

Option 3 : Smoothness 30 (without Adaptative) + Collision + Replace Skin

Option 4 : Smoothness 30 (without Adaptative) + Auto Bones & Collision + Replace Skin

Nothing fixed the long finger.

-------

I though this long finger was an old story but it look like it will follow me again and again lol

I think what you are seeing is the "bonus" feature of my tool since, I am going to assume that, you use a relatively high smoothness value from Honoka to Helena.   Since the way my smoothing mode is implemented is using a greedy heuristics, having high value of smoothness will make the final transformation outcome a bit closer to the "From" character (lower smoothness is closer to "To") which can be a bonus if you like Marie with a fuller set of breasts :bush: 

Using a bit more moderate value (try the default 30 for instance or go up/down a little bit) should yield better results if you want to keep the form, or you can try adaptive mode.

that was the result from the default setting of your latest version 0.25, I didn't change anything after opening the tool.  I retried it by checking the adaptive mode [30]  and it got worse (please see pic):

post-853937-0-83672500-1458305674_thumb.png

that was the result from the default setting of your latest version 0.25, I didn't change anything after opening the tool.  I retried it by checking the adaptive mode [30]  and it got worse (please see pic):

attachicon.gifDEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round 3_18_2016 7_24_11 AM.png

Oh yeah, adaptive mode isn't going to work too well on Honoka official models since her layout is quite different (with higher density on her breasts) lol.  As a matter of fact, adaptive mode should not be used on high poly models.  

My advice is to stick with normal mode for those until I can find a better way to do the adaptiveness, and yes with this type of transformation (Honoka to others) Helena might receive a larger pair due to Honoka's well endowed nature :bush:

-------

Others test tried :

Version used : 0.2.5

Transformation : Honoka original Valentine Day costume to Momiji

Option used 1 : Smoothness 30 (without Adaptative) + Skeleton Patcher & Replace Skin

Option 2 : Smoothness 30 (without Adaptative) + Auto Bones + Replace Skin

Option 3 : Smoothness 30 (without Adaptative) + Collision + Replace Skin

Option 4 : Smoothness 30 (without Adaptative) + Auto Bones & Collision + Replace Skin

Nothing fixed the long finger.

-------

I though this long finger was an old story but it look like it will follow me again and again lol

Thanks for the issue report Lola!

This is indeed an odd issue.  I have no mod that give me long fingers.  I used to have a few of my own custom modes if I used skeleton patcher it would give me that, but the built-in bone/collision transfer would have no issues.

I ran some quick tests to see if I can reproduce the problem but it doesn't seem to be the case.   Seeing as your gloves have a different color I am going to assume it might have been edited and something might have gone wrong in the process?   I see that the two cotton balls tied to the string on the gloves appear to be misplaced as well. 

Below are the results of smoothness 30 + auto bone/collision transfer + SaafRat's awesome special Timmy edition texture :bush:

post-781013-0-23020900-1458311796_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-39509400-1458311797_thumb.jpg