[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools - UPDATE(11/21/18): Kinky Overalls

Hi Timmy, I've used your tool to transfer Maris's costume DLC to Lisa, and I also use Replace Skin MtrCol to replace TMC file skin settings into "Lisa". However, the result comes out as followed. Could you help me to find out which step or setting was wrong? many many thanks!

post-1106242-0-93438700-1457366917_thumb.png

post-1106242-0-51471700-1457366934_thumb.png

Looks like the neck is connected well so you will just have to replace the skin texture with Lisa's. You should be able to find and extract textures from nude mods we have here on LL with texture tool. (Look for a link to a collection of DLC and texture related tools in my transformer tool post under tips and tutorials section. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Found a very small problem with the way my converter tool selects the "TMC Mesh Group" for import when an OBJ is loaded.    If you are importing an OBJ of a TMC mesh group (not all in one OBJ) and the TMC has many mesh groups, the code will default to "All Group" which causes error when you hit enter.   This has been corrected now that the tool will select the correct group and not skip over to "All Group(Single OBJ)" option by default.

Please make sure that the time stamp of the tool is later than the one shown

post-781013-0-13461300-1457410448_thumb.png

It's a very minor bug fix and you can just select the correct TMC Mesh Group if the tool messes up and chooses "All Group(Single OBJ)" when an OBJ is loaded, but it's a bug that needs to be fixed for convenience sake.   The version number remains 0.4.3.

Sorry for the confusion!

The same download link for 0.4.3 has been updated to the latest version. (It can also be found in Harry's pose fix thread which points to the same download location)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j41zzh2gqtqn8ba/DOA5ObjTmcConverter_V0_4_3.zip

Apologize for pushing ninja fixes, but I found another (a quite minor) noobery with my (very old) progress bar code that could sometimes cause the tool to halt by incorrectly reporting the tool's progress that is more than its maximum value.  A ninja update has been pushed to the same link.  Please make sure to download again.  Sorry for the confusion.

post-781013-0-19700300-1457412201_thumb.png

I didn't update the version number since these bug fixes are house cleaning minor issues to improve overall user experience without adding anything new to the tool.

So, I found all these bugs in my converter tool because I was working on a secret project to enhance a rather old collection of mods :D

Wonder if there's still any interest in such an old mod?

Xmas in July - Jingle all the Way Edition :bush:

post-781013-0-85843300-1457413363_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-36247000-1457413365_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-65266700-1457413366_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-69836000-1457413367_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-86496600-1457413368_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-94554500-1457413369_thumb.jpg

Paid special attention to Marie as well to try to hide the redundant body underneath as much as I can (it was hard when I first made this stuff last year :D)

post-781013-0-21063500-1457413371_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-68530800-1457413372_thumb.jpg

Made Leifang/Kasumi/Ayane group no pantsu

post-781013-0-31677700-1457413600_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-65960100-1457413601_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-87586700-1457413602_thumb.jpg

However, I have a feeling that all the above effort would be wasted as I imagine most people would just do this to Marie instead with my transformer :bush:

post-781013-0-54104100-1457414745_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-10185000-1457414747_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-54192500-1457414748_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-83147600-1457414014_thumb.jpg

So, I found all these bugs in my converter tool because I was working on a secret project to enhance a rather old collection of mods :D

Xmas in July - Jingle all the Way Edition :bush:

attachicon.gifXmasInJulyJingleAlltheWayEdition (1).jpgattachicon.gifXmasInJulyJingleAlltheWayEdition (2).jpgattachicon.gifXmasInJulyJingleAlltheWayEdition (3).jpgattachicon.gifXmasInJulyJingleAlltheWayEdition (4).jpgattachicon.gifXmasInJulyJingleAlltheWayEdition (5).jpgattachicon.gifXmasInJulyJingleAlltheWayEdition (6).jpg

Paid special attention to Marie as well to try to hide the redundant body underneath as much as I can (it was hard when I first made this stuff last year :D)

attachicon.gifXmasInJulyJingleAlltheWayEdition (7).jpgattachicon.gifXmasInJulyJingleAlltheWayEdition (8).jpg

Made Leifang/Kasumi/Ayane group no pantsu

attachicon.gifXmasInJulyNoPantsu (1).jpgattachicon.gifXmasInJulyNoPantsu (2).jpgattachicon.gifXmasInJulyNoPantsu (3).jpg

However, I have a feeling that all the above effort would be wasted as I imagine most people would just do this to Marie instead :bush:

attachicon.gifXmasInJulyJingleAllTtheWayMarie (1).jpgattachicon.gifXmasInJulyJingleAllTtheWayMarie (2).jpgattachicon.gifXmasInJulyJingleAllTtheWayMarie (3).jpg

Most brilliant screenshots and the girls. Especially my beloved Marie R. Thank you very much.

I tried to transform Honoka's costume to Helena, and here is what I got...  :s  What do I need to do to fix it?

post-853937-0-76589900-1457462638_thumb.png

I used ABCtransform, replaced the Helena skin, and then the Bone Tool, is there something else I didn't do?  I did the exact same thing with a Christie costume and it worked fine.

Honoka texture from her official outfits has a special Texture UV layout and therefore not interchangeable with the rest of the cast. So if you just slap the regular skin texture onto Honoka you see weird Texture problems such as this one.

I think the tool will have to be changed to modify the UV in order for official Honoka to others to work without strange texture issues.

Most of the nude mods though have the standardized UV for body that are interchangeable with a few exception from Saaf and his Honoka mods.

Edit by the way you don't need to use the bone tool if you check "auto transfer bone" and "auto transfer collision" unless you run into errors in game. In this case you can try un checking the auto bone stuff and use a third party bone tool to do the bone injection. I think Harry's skeleton patcher is very reliable in these cases.

Edit2: for the Honoka texture problem - you might be able to extract texture from Saafs HLOD pack for every lady and use those instead. Should work but I can't test it right now. I think his texture are Honoka standard UV layout.

Honoka texture from her official outfits has a special Texture UV layout and therefore not interchangeable with the rest of the cast. So if you just slap the regular skin texture onto Honoka you see weird Texture problems such as this one.

I think the tool will have to be changed to modify the UV in order for official Honoka to others to work without strange texture issues.

Most of the nude mods though have the standardized UV for body that are interchangeable with a few exception from Saaf and his Honoka mods.

So what you were saying is that I might be able to transfer Honoka modded costumes but not her official ones?  Well what a bummer :(

Regarding the bones, in Harry's post he deleted the Skeleton Patcher download and suggested to use the Bone tool instead.

Yeah Harry decided to drop support for the patcher but it's still one of the most relative tools I've used. Pleas check my new edit for a possible workaround in regards to Honoka issue

He also deleted the download link... I didn't get the chance to download it.  BTW the Bone tool seems easy enough to use, is there any drawback to it?

About the Honoka texture, just make sure if I understand fully what you said (i'm kinda a noob at this haha) -- so I have to replace the nude honoka texture onto her official outfit, and then do the whole transfer process? 

Edit:  there are quite a few nude packs on this forum, which is the best one to use for Honoka transfer?  Also a side question, it seems Lisa got some neck seam problem in all her nude textures, is this a known issue that can't be fixed?  I mean I transferred costumes to Helena and her neck connect seems fine albeit some color problem, but Lisa almost always gets a gap in her neck.  I thought those two share the same body??  

I included a copy of Harry's tools in the tools folder with link in my read me file that points to his original thread. The tool can launch it for you as well if you check the appropriate check boxes.

As for bone tool, it's an awesome tool as well but can be a bit confusing to some which is why I decided to include the bone stuff in my tool.

So for the texture - you typically replace the skin texture and skin normal with the ones you want which should be relatively easy to identify in texture tool and swap. The problem with official Honoka outfits is that her texture layouts are quite different from everybody else which is why if you try to swap it with someone else's texture it doesn't work. Check out Saafs textures and see if they fit better.

As for when to swap: you can do it before or after it doesn't matter. If you do it before the tool copies the TMCL for you so the texture change is in there. If you do it after you have to modify the Trabsformed TMC so the texture change is in the new TMCL the tool outputs.

Edit Lisa gap problem - you might have to use Replace Skin MtrCol by Harry (which can be launched directly from my tool if you check the box to launch it). Drop the transformed TMC into it and select the new skin property. It's very fast and simple to operate which should help with the neck seam problem.

As for Honoka related texture issue - check out SaafRats(MoP)'s HLOD mods for all girls. I think his textures are compatible with official Honoka UV layout. So if you transform Honoka to someone else, you can use his skin texture as replacement.

Hi timmyc, I encountered another problem while trying to transfer the Kasumi Elysium mod onto Helena, please see pic:

Hey, thanks for reporting issues.     I really appreciate you trying it out!

I hope I can help you figure out what the problem is.  I think you are seeing some strange necklace behavior that seems to "sink in" to the skin am I correct?   I realized the tool is not as simple to use as I thought.  My apologies.

Might I suggest the following settings for transformation -  The default smoothness of 30 is a good compromise between quality and speed and works for pretty much any transformation:

post-781013-0-34604500-1457486015_thumb.png

Use the default 30 smoothness and check "Auto Bone Transfer" "Auto Collision Transfer" and "Replace Skin MtrCol" and hit TRANSFORM.

After it's done, the replace skin mtr col app should pop up - drag the ELYSIUM_MOD_FOR_KASUMI_Kasumi_to_Helena_SF30_AutoBC.TMC that the tool has just created onto the tool window and select "Helena" to get her skin material, and then drop the same TMC into Texture Tool window, find the skin texture and swap it out with Helena's skin texture.  After that the model should work fine in the game.  I briefly tested it and she appears to be okay.

post-781013-0-99149100-1457486253_thumb.png

I noticed immediately that a part of the necklace seems deformed, but it appears to be an issue with the original model itself, so the transformed model "inherits" the same issue.  Other than that, the model seems to play fine in the game.

On a related note:

I am aware of some issues in regards to "Adaptive" mode which causes deformations in some cases.   I am looking into it, but I am not sure of a time line for a fix as I am getting a little busy with other projects ATM.

Jingle all the Way ? ALL WAY ? Oh come on Timmy, it's not All the Way ! :D

Just kidding, your old mod is still interesting for me, especially when something is related to Nyotengu :blush:

-----

Now I read some people issues and it look like people are not totally reading your tutorial that make you think your tool is not so easy to use.

Come on guys, Timmy write a lot of text okay but it's not for the wall.

Might I suggest the following settings for transformation -  The default smoothness of 30 is a good compromise between quality and speed and works for pretty much any transformation:

attachicon.giftimmy_transformer_0_2_4c_troubleshoot_02.png

Use the default 30 smoothness and check "Auto Bone Transfer" "Auto Collision Transfer" and "Replace Skin MtrCol" and hit TRANSFORM.

After it's done, the replace skin mtr col app should pop up - drag the ELYSIUM_MOD_FOR_KASUMI_Kasumi_to_Helena_SF30_AutoBC.TMC that the tool has just created onto the tool window and select "Helena" to get her skin material, and then drop the same TMC into Texture Tool window, find the skin texture and swap it out with Helena's skin texture.  After that the model should work fine in the game.  I briefly tested it and she appears to be okay.

attachicon.giftimmy_transformer_0_2_4c_troubleshoot_01.png

I noticed immediately that a part of the necklace seems deformed, but it appears to be an issue with the original model itself, so the transformed model "inherits" the same issue.  Other than that, the model seems to play fine in the game.

On a related note:

I am aware of some issues in regards to "Adaptive" mode which causes deformations in some cases.   I am looking into it, but I am not sure of a time line for a fix as I am getting a little busy with other projects ATM.

First of all, I just want to thank you timmyc for your time and effort to help a noob such as myself out :P Apparently I had a little confusion over your tools, and I probably didn't use the right one, LOL.  I have 3 tools and I think they are all made from you -- ABC transformer, Character Transformer, ObjTmcConverter.  I believe you were referring to the character transform tool this whole time yet the one I been using since the beginning was the ABC transformer.  I finally managed to find the link to your character transformation tool and I'll give it a try asap. 

Regarding the Kasumi Elysium mod, OMG I can't believe the original costume is at fault here.  I never tried it on Kasumi,  but I thought the mod would be okay since the original modder released it sometime ago and no one made any complaint to it, or at least not that I known of.  Oh well it's a shame, I really like that costume, if I ever figure out who the original modder is I'll probably report the problem to him.  I think I got the mod from freestepdodge but I could be wrong.

Edit 2:  so I packed the Kasumi Elysium mod and the necklace turned out to be okay for Kasumi!!??

post-853937-0-40344000-1457519041_thumb.png

Edit:  I tried the Kasumi Sophtia mod on Helena using your settings and there's still some issue with the clothing textures.  I'm guessing it has more to do with the modded costume itself.  Your tool works much better with the official costumes.

post-853937-0-19254500-1457509216_thumb.pngpost-853937-0-24343500-1457509220_thumb.pngpost-853937-0-03287800-1457509700_thumb.png

First of all, I just want to thank you timmyc for your time and effort to help a noob such as myself out :P Apparently I had a little confusion over your tools, and I probably didn't use the right one, LOL.  I have 3 tools and I think they are all made from you -- ABC transformer, Character Transformer, ObjTmcConverter.  I believe you were referring to the character transform tool this whole time yet the one I been using since the beginning was the ABC transformer.  I finally managed to find the link to your character transformation tool and I'll give it a try asap. 

Regarding the Kasumi Elysium mod, OMG I can't believe the original costume is at fault here.  I never tried it on Kasumi,  but I thought the mod would be okay since the original modder released it sometime ago and no one made any complaint to it, or at least not that I known of.  Oh well it's a shame, I really like that costume, if I ever figure out who the original modder is I'll probably report the problem to him.  I think I got the mod from freestepdodge but I could be wrong.

Edit 2:  so I packed the Kasumi Elysium mod and the necklace turned out to be okay for Kasumi!!??

Edit:  I tried the Kasumi Sophtia mod on Helena using your settings and there's still some issue with the clothing textures.  I'm guessing it has more to do with the modded costume itself.  Your tool works much better with the official costumes.

You are welcome.  I am glad you have had some success with it.

In regards to Kasumi's elysium, on my end, a part of her necklace looks stretched, but other than that it's fine.

I don't have the sophitia mod on hand to test the transformation, but it could very well be an issue with the mod itself since  those clipping problems (skin going thru clothing) are quite common in mods where weight assignments are not properly handled.

attachicon.gifScreenshot11114.jpg

I try costume change and remove mask....

Venus vikini equip honoka(source:helena)

good costume but face color not equal :(

remove mask using hax editor but not perfect head's wing :(

This appears to be related to texture and skin mtr col issues. Please refer to the steps here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-030716-transformer-v024c-converter-v043-bug-fix-updated-lod-test-pack/?p=1492808 for a solution.

attachicon.gifScreenshot11114.jpg

I try costume change and remove mask....

Venus vikini equip honoka(source:helena)

good costume but face color not equal :(

remove mask using hax editor but not perfect head's wing :(

This appears to be related to texture and skin mtr col issues. Please refer to the steps here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-030716-transformer-v024c-converter-v043-bug-fix-updated-lod-test-pack/?p=1492808 for a solution.

I trying skin replacer.

but wrong(?) color displayed

post-1113586-0-42629100-1457572123_thumb.jpg

but my using tools wrong(?)

post-1113586-0-56026600-1457572061_thumb.jpg

I trying skin replacer.

but wrong(?) color displayed

attachicon.gifK-011.jpg

but my using tools wrong(?)

attachicon.gifScreenshot712.jpg

That is correct.  You need to use the skin mtr col replacer to replace the skin material and in addition to that, you also need to use texture tool to replace skin texture.   You can find a collection of DLC and Texture related tools here from SF234 of Xentax https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ec6hz31s15fof/5LRTools

You will have to first find some mods and extract their skin texture with the texture tool, after you've built up your own library of nude skin textures, your swap will go faster.  You can then use the texture tool to swap out the skin texture for your character.

These tools should be relatively easy to use, but let me know if you have any questions using any of the DLC/Texture tools. 

I have a brief guide on these steps in my tutorial post here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-030716-transformer-v024c-converter-v043-bug-fix-updated-lod-test-pack/?p=1460331 

Expand the section for v0.0.9 and you can find some info on texture tool.

Jingle all the Way ? ALL WAY ? Oh come on Timmy, it's not All the Way ! :D

Just kidding, your old mod is still interesting for me, especially when something is related to Nyotengu :blush:

-----

Now I read some people issues and it look like people are not totally reading your tutorial that make you think your tool is not so easy to use.

Come on guys, Timmy write a lot of text okay but it's not for the wall.

:bush:  I guess Nyo needs more jingles

lol, I think that's my problem.  I write too much haha - even Saaf the MoP made fun of me before :D