View File

This mod adds a map marker at the location where sex is happening. No more will you get told that a Sabrecat is raping a merchant somewhere on the plains of Whiterun without knowing where it's happening or how to intervene. No more will Random Sex result in all kinds of action everywhere except where you are.

The HUD display gets a dome-shaped icon and the map gets a blue map marker to help you find the action.

As a bonus, you get a spell to mark and make a note at your current location. That's because I was being driven mad by map markers and found the "Custom Map Markers" mod on Nexus. I co-opted that code and just added the automatic-markers-for-sex piece. The original custom map marker functionality is still there.

This version does not work indoors. Sorry about that. I'm looking at alternative mechanisms.

No requirements, but nothing much happens if you don't have another mod that triggers sex. Defeat and Random Sex are two good ones. If you don't have sexlab, it will fail gracefully back to just being a map marker mod.

V1.1 is a little less noisy--doesn't tell you you are having sex and doesn't fuss when sex happens indoors.

You will see an error when you first open your map if you are running SkyUI V5. That's because the version of the map I'm using is 4.1. You can safely ignore this error, and if you get tired of seeing it you can turn off map version checking in SkyUI. I might at some point update the map, but I'd have to figure out how and then you'd probably have to use SkyUI V5, so I'm not doing that yet.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/04/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

No requirements, but it's gonna be pretty boring if you don't have a mod that causes NPCs to have sex with other NPCs. This mod doesn't trigger sex on its own. Defeat is recommended. If you don't have sexlab, it will fail gracefully back to just being a map marker mod.

That was the answer on my question. Thank you.

This is a good mod, thankyou.

Often there's the notification in the corner that makes me exclaim "But WHERE?" out loud.

Doesn't currently work for me though, I have the spell and it works but no seksmarkerz appear even though I still see the notifications. Must be my system as it obviously works for other...

Just in case I'll get the same issue, why do you think sex acts kill your fps? I think they shouldn't...

well run many mods that update/check npc's/do various scans all at once in short amounts of time and you get an big impact on performance.

the users that won't be affected are probably the with gaming rigs or monster machines. if you fall under either category there's no reason to worry.  

people like me that don't have optimal pc's are the one's that should be concerned only. edit: i can explain it in an simpler way if you didn't get what i meant.

Often there's the notification in the corner that makes me exclaim "But WHERE?" out loud.

Doesn't currently work for me though, I have the spell and it works but no seksmarkerz appear even though I still see the notifications. Must be my system as it obviously works for other...

Does the mark location spell also not work? As I said, the whole map marker thing has been giving me fits. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. I assume it's some sort of incompatibility with another mod, but I don't know what.

Just in case I'll get the same issue, why do you think sex acts kill your fps? I think they shouldn't...

well run many mods that update/check npc's/do various scans all at once in short amounts of time and you get an big impact on performance.

the users that won't be affected are probably the with gaming rigs or monster machines. if you fall under either category there's no reason to worry.  

people like me that don't have optimal pc's are the one's that should be concerned only. edit: i can explain it in an simpler way if you didn't get what i meant.

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you meant.

I asked about the fps drop because I suspected some other types of problems (like load order, particular conflicts, etc.)

I have quite a powerful computer, nevertheless due to 240 mods installed I had in fact some fps loss in some cases. Lately I have installed ENBoost, took an hour to configure it and now my game runs smoothly.

And for the Sex Finder mod, there's quite a lot of sex going on in my game, so the mod is a must.

Does the mark location spell also not work? As I said, the whole map marker thing has been giving me fits. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. I assume it's some sort of incompatibility with another mod, but I don't know what.

I've had a chance to test. The custom marker thing works perfectly. Sex markers only appear for acts involving me, and only once it has happened.

...?

The notification "[bDS]....." only appears for acts with me but I still see the regular notifications for others.

Got it now:

It works over a shorter range than the general notifications.

Closer events do give the BDS notification and create a marker, with the normal SL notifications they can tell you about things happening beyond Aura Whisper range and this doesn't go quite that far.

That seems to be it, anyway.

Thanks again though, my map is going to be quite untidy fairly quickly, I think.

Huh, interesting. Not sure why that is... I just catch the normal SexLab event, nothing special at all.

I'm planning an update which doesn't mark your own sex (presumably you know where you are) and doesn't post a notification, since whatever mod triggered the sex generally does that.

Huh, interesting. Not sure why that is... I just catch the normal SexLab event, nothing special at all.

I'm planning an update which doesn't mark your own sex (presumably you know where you are) and doesn't post a notification, since whatever mod triggered the sex generally does that.

Quest idea (tie-in with Skooma Whore) - you get completely wasted on skooma whore drugs and don't know where you are and lose all your stuff and have to retrace your previous nights' sex encounters from marker to marker.

Like "Dude, where's my goat?" but without the goat, or Shady Sam.

I didn't see this mentioned previously in the thread, but with this mod installed, SkyUI is complaining that the map.swf is the wrong version. The error comes up when I open my map and says it expects version 5.0 but the map.swf is 4.2 or something close.

Is it safe to let SkyUI overwrite the map? I know it'd cure the error, but not sure if it'd break your mod.