[DOA5LR] Alternative Story Mode - WIP

follardo

FIXED

Tina's shorts are no longer invisible.  The "slot" that the shorts take up must be broken, so I replaced her boot laces with the shorts.  So, in this version she doesn't have laces on her boots, but that's much much less noticeable than the issue with her shorts.  It's the best I could do.

Edit: For some reason when I made this edit Tina's necklace disappeared, but the tiny guitar on her necklace stayed.  It was just floating in the air.  So, I removed the guitar.

attachicon.gifTINA_COS_001 by Follardo FIXED.rar

You are that dude. ;)

I was trying to swap costumes (again) yesterday, and the game would crash, so I decided to set out to see which had reassigned slots, and it turns out Kasumi's COS001 is now her 3rd costume, so no breakage there, Helena's all crash, Leifang, Hitomi, Kokoro, Lisa, Tina, Ayane (edit: her's works)...all crashes. Christie's 1st one works, but not the others. I forget if I checked Mila or not...or Sarah.

I wasn't entirely sure how to fix them, or I would have. There are some things I've yet to learn about modding this. Like I haven't figured out how to extract, swap, repack using a different slot, and add as DLC yet. (got too sidetracked with modding other games)

I need to learn more.

Edit: And I thought LNK_Reshuffle doesn't work now. People are using it? Successfully? With 1.04?

FIXED

Tina's shorts are no longer invisible.  The "slot" that the shorts take up must be broken, so I replaced her boot laces with the shorts.  So, in this version she doesn't have laces on her boots, but that's much much less noticeable than the issue with her shorts.  It's the best I could do.

Edit: For some reason when I made this edit Tina's necklace disappeared, but the tiny guitar on her necklace stayed.  It was just floating in the air.  So, I removed the guitar.

attachicon.gifTINA_COS_001 by Follardo FIXED.rar

You are that dude. ;)

I was trying to swap costumes (again) yesterday, and the game would crash, so I decided to set out to see which had reassigned slots, and it turns out Kasumi's COS001 is now her 3rd costume, so no breakage there, Helena's all crash, Leifang, Hitomi, Kokoro, Lisa, Tina, Ayane...all crashes. Christie's 1st one works, but not the others. I forget if I checked Mila or not...or Sarah.

I wasn't entirely sure how to fix them, or I would have. There are some things I've yet to learn about modding this. Like I haven't figured out how to extract, swap, repack using a different slot, and add as DLC yet. (got too sidetracked with modding other games)

I need to learn more.

Edit: And I thought LNK_Reshuffle doesn't work now. People are using it? Successfully? With 1.04?

Not sure if the newer LNK-Reshuffle versions work with 1.04, but I know that Archive Tool works with it. I use version 1.1, but there are newer versions out there now.

Pretty sure reshuffle has been updated now, check Verhoven's thread maybe? Not totally sure he's put up the new version as I'm still on 1.02a, but it's out there somewhere.

Edit: definitely updated on Verhoven's 'LNK reshuffle made simple for dummies like me' thread.

Pretty sure reshuffle has been updated now, check Verhoven's thread maybe? Not totally sure he's put up the new version as I'm still on 1.02a, but it's out there somewhere.

Edit: definitely updated on Verhoven's 'LNK reshuffle made simple for dummies like me' thread.

Niiiiice B)

I hope follardo doesn't mind, but I really like this mod collection and I decided to contribute to it.  So, I made a mod for Hitomi's costume 01 intended to be used with these mods.  If follardo doesn't want other people to contribute to this collection I understand, and I'll remove this mod from this thread if he wants me to.

Hitomi01_zpsdcoj7ewk.png

Hitomi01.rar

• 3 weeks later...

I have a more general question rather than specific to story mode. I can't use lnk (unknown exe) but I figured I could use the Archive tool to swap out the original costumes and do the trick. Started off with Akira as a test swap in chara_common, but the costume ingame didn't change.

Possible answers:

a) Archive Tool can't do what you want it to and you can't use it for story mode. You need lnk. You're screwed. Move on.

b ) You're swapping out the wrong bin (although I looked at all the other bins and can't find something relevant)

c) There's something you're doing wrong. You're stupid. Keep looking

I'm not looking for any heavy troubleshooting. I'll figure it out. I just want to know if the tool can cut it or if I'm just wasting time

I have a more general question rather than specific to story mode. I can't use lnk (unknown exe) but I figured I could use the Archive tool to swap out the original costumes and do the trick. Started off with Akira as a test swap in chara_common, but the costume ingame didn't change.

Possible answers:

a) Archive Tool can't do what you want it to and you can't use it for story mode. You need lnk. You're screwed. Move on.

b ) You're swapping out the wrong bin (although I looked at all the other bins and can't find something relevant)

I'm not looking for any heavy troubleshooting. I'll figure it out. I just want to know if the tool can cut it or if I'm just wasting time

Answer: "C". Joking, sorry. :P

Some swaps are very tricky, though.

post-806278-0-01919600-1457151306_thumb.pngpost-806278-0-94431600-1457151164_thumb.png

For this one, the 1st part of the filenames cannot be "AKIRA" (e.g. AKIRA_DLCU_010). :huh:

Solution... Just delete the first "A" before the swap and you are good (e.g. KIRA_DLCU_010). :wacko:

I know, this is stupid, but works. :lol:

Possible answers:

if can use archive tool on story mode then lnk wont exist, by now i know only lnk can changer cos in story mode

I know it works for DLCs, but I was talking about the chara_common.bin located in the root folder (AKIRA_COS_001 etc) to change the built-in costumes. Tried renaming the files but no effect. I guess, like WUAS says, only lnk can do those. Thanks a lot guys. I'll just go cry in a corner now. Maybe I'll try finding a better exe to make lnk work if I'm in the mood.

• 3 years later...

It's year 9102, and I'm stilling waiting someone who can merge follardo's all these beatifully modded story mode costumes with Holden and Beach Paradise team's gorgeous nude base body (espcially referring to the unique type of those nipples on the boobs), only to make the ultimate tasty, spicy and sexy story mode come ture.

And I've tried all relevent tools, models, Blender(and all those...) frustrated me a lot(don't blame me, I'm a noob to this.), and now with doa6 released, I'm certain this will never happen, it'll always be a dream.

8 hours ago, catshitz said:

It's year 9102, and I'm stilling waiting someone who can merge follardo's all these beatifully modded story mode costumes with Holden and Beach Paradise team's gorgeous nude base body (espcially referring to the unique type of those nipples on the boobs), only to make the ultimate tasty, spicy and sexy story mode come ture.

And I've tried all relevent tools, models, Blender(and all those...) frustrated me a lot(don't blame me, I'm a noob to this.:classic_mellow:), and now with doa6 released, I'm certain this will never happen, it'll always be a dream.

dont worry, you will get over it

Archived