[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

Are the event characters supposed to spawn once per player character, or once per player character but only after the first version dies? Because I just got the event to give me Claire but the previous Claire from my last character is still alive, and it's rather confusing.

Claire does not seem to be limited in any way.

She can also appear for AI Rulers.

I had a game, where i had a 50 year old and a 20 year old Claire at my court

and were fighting against a Duchess Claire who had a Count Claire as vassal.

It should be noted that the only way the AI rulers should be able to gain the Claire event is if they somehow reach the last stage of being a Succubus, which isn't possible for the AI unless you're doing some odd save hoping, have a conflicting mod, or your CK2 just opted to ignore requirements. So in the end, the only way the AI should have a Claire is if you failed to capture her or let her escape, both result in a banish command to put her in a random location.

I probably should revisit the event to make it unique. When I created it, the idea was that folks would likely be immortal, thus only reaching the 7th stage once with a ruler. Since that time immortality is optional and can be removed voluntarily, so restructuring her would make some sense.

When I created it, the idea was that folks would likely be immortal, thus only reaching the 7th stage once with a ruler. Since that time immortality is optional and can be removed voluntarily, so restructuring her would make some sense.

My first ruler actually was immortal, but the immortal trait only prevents death by aging and there are many other ways to get the player character killed.

hi new player I have a question how do you get  Lilithian religion 

You become a succubus and advance to at least level 2 succubus and you should get an event to embrace the lilithan religion, wait to think about embracing it or refuse it and lose your succubus status and events.

yes but how do I get to put a law that women can became a queen I am lost here

hi new player I have a question how do you get Lilithian religion

You become a succubus and advance to at least level 2 succubus and you should get an event to embrace the lilithan religion, wait to think about embracing it or refuse it and lose your succubus status and events.

In the laws section, there's options to change the succession laws in the top half of the window. You have to slowly go from Agnatic to Cognatic to Enatic

hi new player I have a question how do you get Lilithian religion

In the laws section, there's options to change the succession laws in the top half of the window. You have to slowly go from Agnatic to Cognatic to Enatic

You don't have to do it progressively. You can change to any valid succession law, as long as you're eligible to make that change. If your religion is Lilithian, you can take any of the 5 options:

Agnatic: Only Males can inherit

Agnatic-Cognatic: Males inherit unless there are no valid male heirs

Absolute Cognatic: Equal succession

Enatic-Cognatic: Females inherit unless there are no valid female heirs

Enatic: Only Females can inherit

There's no need to move one at a time (unless you want to).

Also, note that since Enatic and Enatic-Cognatic are at the bottom of the list, you may need to scroll down once you open the laws tab to see them.

When I created it, the idea was that folks would likely be immortal, thus only reaching the 7th stage once with a ruler. Since that time immortality is optional and can be removed voluntarily, so restructuring her would make some sense.

My first ruler actually was immortal, but the immortal trait only prevents death by aging and there are many other ways to get the player character killed.

Worse than that, you can end up infirm->incapacitated, but never die (short of assassins).

One suggestion for spells/powers/potions/items/etc might be something that (however rare or expensive) can fix bad conditions like those, or maimed/cripple/eunuch/etc. It might also come with potential chances for bad side effects, so only for when you're desperate maybe.

Edit: Note that I realize that you can use Ascension of the Immortal to kill off your character, but I was thinking that it might be nice to have a way to try and keep around not only yourself, but other characters. I tend to like making some of the monster hunters/etc immortal, since they never reappear (or at least not last I checked).

Edit: Note that I realize that you can use Ascension of the Immortal to kill off your character, but I was thinking that it might be nice to have a way to try and keep around not only yourself, but other characters. I tend to like making some of the monster hunters/etc immortal, since they never reappear (or at least not last I checked).

You can allready make them immortal too.

There is a spell called "Grant Immortality"

You can allready make them immortal too.

There is a spell called "Grant Immortality"

Yes... I did. The problem is that even when you grant them Immortality using the spell, it doesn't prevent them from turning into Infirm + Incapable hulks of useless bedridden flesh that won't die short of assassination, because the events that cause you to gain traits like "infirm" and "incapable" are based on Age, and come from the standard game, so they don't bother to check to see if this person is actually an immortal/eternally young person.

Any hints of what we can expect in the next version?

Probably just a minor update, as I've not touched the code over the past week. I'll likely begin working on it again tomorrow night, as the family will have returned back to their respective homes and I won't have as many young impressionable minds watching what their uncle is doing at the keyboard.

Are the event characters supposed to spawn once per player character, or once per player character but only after the first version dies? Because I just got the event to give me Claire but the previous Claire from my last character is still alive, and it's rather confusing.

Claire does not seem to be limited in any way.

She can also appear for AI Rulers.

I had a game, where i had a 50 year old and a 20 year old Claire at my court

and were fighting against a Duchess Claire who had a Count Claire as vassal.

It should be noted that the only way the AI rulers should be able to gain the Claire event is if they somehow reach the last stage of being a Succubus, which isn't possible for the AI unless you're doing some odd save hoping, have a conflicting mod, or your CK2 just opted to ignore requirements. So in the end, the only way the AI should have a Claire is if you failed to capture her or let her escape, both result in a banish command to put her in a random location.

I probably should revisit the event to make it unique. When I created it, the idea was that folks would likely be immortal, thus only reaching the 7th stage once with a ruler. Since that time immortality is optional and can be removed voluntarily, so restructuring her would make some sense.

Then it was really strange, because the 2 Claires were not even from my realm, i think got banished by an AI ruler and then took over the target country and no i did not do anything strange, beside making a few relatives immortal.

I never banish claire, so it must have been an AI ruler.

There were at least 2 AI rulers in my realm who reached succubus stage 7 and became immortal on their own, without any interference from me (a problem if they are ambitious and hate you and your heirs, luckily assassins don't care about immortality)

The only mod i use beside Dark World is Same Gender Succession.

I usually commit suicide after a long immortal live to let a daughter or granddaughter with really good traits take over.

The family tree starts to look strange after 30+ children.

Then it was really strange, because the 2 Claires were not even from my realm, i think got banished by an AI ruler and then took over the target country and no i did not do anything strange, beside making a few relatives immortal.

I never banish claire, so it must have been an AI ruler.

There were at least 2 AI rulers in my realm who reached succubus stage 7 and became immortal on their own, without any interference from me (a problem if they are ambitious and hate you and your heirs, luckily assassins don't care about immortality)

The only mod i use beside Dark World is Same Gender Succession.

I usually commit suicide after a long immortal live to let a daughter or granddaughter with really good traits take over.

The family tree starts to look strange after 30+ children.

That is most likely the cause. I created the Blood Moon ritual way before I considered having a bunch of succubi offspring running around, so if you ever put a succubi into a ruling position, they too can call forth their own Blood Moon.

I think I'll leave that alone, but I'll add something to only allow the Claire event to happen once in a play through.

Alright, picking things back up from before. Looking at releasing something this coming weekend. Here is what there is currently.

v1.24
    - Added: New Dark World Campaign Event, roughly 1-3 months in after start-up. Start options: Normal (human), Lilith, Werewolf, Vampire.
    - Tweak: Selling a pleasure slave that is also a virgin nets you a greater profit
    - Tweak: Some localization tweaks
    - Tweak: Become a Succubus (The Lilith Dream) no longer triggers for every new, player controlled female ruler. It only fires once per campaign, and only if the Lilith start option is selected.
    - Tweak: Couple Trait tweaks
    - Tweak: Only the player can receive the Claire event, and it shouldn't fire if there is still a prior Claire alive from a previous ruler.
    - Fixed: Missing a FROM in the immortality spell.

That's going to make things interesting. You pretty much almost have to breed for the succubus/incubus trait via pairing off with the granted incubus - and woe betide you if something unfortunate happens to your original succubus before she gets to stage 7! :)

That's going to make things interesting. You pretty much almost have to breed for the succubus/incubus trait via pairing off with the granted incubus - and woe betide you if something unfortunate happens to your original succubus before she gets to stage 7! :)

I've not started on them, but before the weekend update, I should have some updated entries on obtaining traits at birth.

Sounds cool.

Did you have any thoughts on a spell to remove infirm/incapable/etc? I was thinking it might be something that would be usable at the cost of some health, as well as piety (transferring some of your life energy to them, etc).

Another idea, that might be a pain, would be to have a health system for a succubus based on sex. For example a bi-yearly pulse that checks if you've had sex or drained someone in the past two years. If not then you lose x amount of health. Along with that pulse is a check to see if you've gone too long without feeding and you die. Kind of like a vampire and blood. Also you could put buffs and debuffs that correspond to levels of "health" like increased appeal, personal combat, etc...

Just an idea I thought of.

Another idea, that might be a pain, would be to have a health system for a succubus based on sex. For example a bi-yearly pulse that checks if you've had sex or drained someone in the past two years. If not then you lose x amount of health. Along with that pulse is a check to see if you've gone too long without feeding and you die. Kind of like a vampire and blood. Also you could put buffs and debuffs that correspond to levels of "health" like increased appeal, personal combat, etc...

Just an idea I thought of.

An interesting idea, but I've learned that simplifying the game play is better than making it more complicated. Otherwise it becomes pretty easy to quickly hit a point where you're micromanaging little things and missing out on the greater game. Besides, you can be at war for more than a couple years very easily, and a lot of things prevent you from having sex if you're at war or away commanding an army.

Originally I hoped to not use immortality, instead draining a partner would return a year or two of  youthfulness back to you, but there is no method for changing someone's age via code once the game starts apparently.

Sounds cool.

Did you have any thoughts on a spell to remove infirm/incapable/etc? I was thinking it might be something that would be usable at the cost of some health, as well as piety (transferring some of your life energy to them, etc).

I've lots of spell ideas. :) At some point I'll need to read back through several pages because there have been a few good ideas that I've seen bantered about that I simply didn't have the time to consider working in.

ok so a question and an issue... first I was wondering if at some point there was a plan to allow the player to start as vampire or werewolf or whatever via king maker?

the issue... I was noticing that my concubines were always giving birth to other people's babies and it finally registered on me that they usually show up as whores when using the 'visit a whore' option in the intrigue tab... so it seems they are whoring it up in the brothels despite being the exclusive plaything of your character... is this WAI or a bug?

ok so a question and an issue... first I was wondering if at some point there was a plan to allow the player to start as vampire or werewolf or whatever via king maker?

the issue... I was noticing that my concubines were always giving birth to other people's babies and it finally registered on me that they usually show up as whores when using the 'visit a whore' option in the intrigue tab... so it seems they are whoring it up in the brothels despite being the exclusive plaything of your character... is this WAI or a bug?

The create a leader will not have vampire or werewolf as an eligible option. This will be a non-issue soon, the reason why located within the past few posts, so I'm not going to repeat it again.

Regarding concubines, I'm not going to put anything special in place to prevent someone from messing with them, since with WoL you can seduce them anyway. So their being an exclusive plaything isn't really the case even within the vanilla game.

The create a leader will not have vampire or werewolf as an eligible option. This will be a non-issue soon, the reason why located within the past few posts, so I'm not going to repeat it again.

Regarding concubines, I'm not going to put anything special in place to prevent someone from messing with them, since with WoL you can seduce them anyway. So their being an exclusive plaything isn't really the case even within the vanilla game.

noticed that but figured Id ask in case and as for concubines I suppose I can see the logic there :) Wasn't complaining just asking.

thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for the mod! Im enjoying the hell out of it so far

When your visiting a whore and find out its your wife/mistress you dont have much to complain about she is there for the same reasons you are :)

So to the question,Is it possible to have same sex marriages, i mean a futa ruler should be able to marry another futa or woman right not just men?

I dont really see a follower of Lillith caring much about if children is legit or not even if the rest of the world does. Legit is a christian thing the rest of the world only caresits a daughterson of one of the parents usually not both. So if the player is involved as one it should be considered legit if not it goes where it would be legit. IE the man that fucked your wife or mistress.

But thats probably to complicated with their hard coding anyway so it might be just easier that Demonic / pagans dont pay to much attention to parenthood as long the child is made the rulers child either by blood or adoption. that would be easier as it would just involve changing the Legalized penalties to bonuses or null them out.

When your visiting a whore and find out its your wife/mistress you dont have much to complain about she is there for the same reasons you are :)

So to the question,Is it possible to have same sex marriages, i mean a futa ruler should be able to marry another futa or woman right not just men?

I dont really see a follower of Lillith caring much about if children is legit or not even if the rest of the world does. Legit is a christian thing the rest of the world only caresits a daughterson of one of the parents usually not both. So if the player is involved as one it should be considered legit if not it goes where it would be legit. IE the man that fucked your wife or mistress.

But thats probably to complicated with their hard coding anyway so it might be just easier that Demonic / pagans dont pay to much attention to parenthood as long the child is made the rulers child either by blood or adoption. that would be easier as it would just involve changing the Legalized penalties to bonuses or null them out.

Presently the capability for same sex marriages is not there. I was considering it some recently, wondering if I can force the issue via an add_spouse command or if the core code would call me a dummy and not go through with it.

Legit isn't just a Christian thing. It's also something that seems a little borked up in the vanilla code when you play as a woman. I've already added the ability to pull a child back into your dynasty if the game messes up (which it seems to do often with female rulers, even if you're in a matrilineal marriage). I noticed my 'fix' sometimes just makes your child a bastard and not provide inheritance rights, so I plan on tweaking that decision command some to account for that.

Sounds good, I assumed most of those things where hard coded, so instead of changing things perhaps just counter it.

Its not hard to fix outside marriage children just have to legalize them, but that slaps you with lots of penalties and they keep stacking up and it could be countered with your own Bonuses when legalizing a child as a Demon worshipper.

Just feels wrong that a culture or even religion praising lillith would be worried about things like "the holy matremony" they should probably praise the opposite :)

But since marriage is so deeply coded in to the original part of the game, its probably an easier route just to ignore it and let the player fix the penalties themselves by making the kid legit and if done as Demon it give you a bonus to match the penalties the act give from the core code.

I also encountered something strange as a futa bedding another woman its usually the Queen that ends up knocked up, not the other woman might be just random since they in the eyes of the game both are women, might be able to control that by checking for futa trait before pregnancy chance, if only one have it then only the woman can become pregnant if they both have futa they both risk it.

Also a woman having a child should be forced to acknowledge it, dont sit good when a woman pop out a baby and states "It's Not mine!"  :)

All this is just minor things nothing is gamebreakin, but it might be worth to have it stored someplac ein memory if time allows it.

Just feels wrong that a culture or even religion praising lillith would be worried about things like "the holy matremony" they should probably praise the opposite :)

But since marriage is so deeply coded in to the original part of the game, its probably an easier route just to ignore it and let the player fix the penalties themselves by making the kid legit and if done as Demon it give you a bonus to match the penalties the act give from the core code.

I also encountered something strange as a futa bedding another woman its usually the Queen that ends up knocked up, not the other woman might be just random since they in the eyes of the game both are women, might be able to control that by checking for futa trait before pregnancy chance, if only one have it then only the woman can become pregnant if they both have futa they both risk it.

Also a woman having a child should be forced to acknowledge it, dont sit good when a woman pop out a baby and states "It's Not mine!"  :)

All this is just minor things nothing is gamebreakin, but it might be worth to have it stored someplac ein memory if time allows it.

From the perspective of the mod, unions are indeed important to Lilith. One of her biggest issues is that in her eyes she had a union with Adam, that he then violated by wanting her to be subservient instead of an equal partner in it. Now, since Lilith also views it important that people be true to themselves, if both partners of a union decide to swing or see others outside of their union, then that would still be acceptable in her eyes since it would be a stance determined equally by both people in the union.

Since such a radical ideology would be more alien than vampires or werewolves during this time frame, I'm opting to let the game handle it as it sees fit, and I simply implemented a fix for when the game screws up assigning a legitimate child.

I agree that what you raised isn't game breaking, and I should inform you that time does not allow for me to pursue doing anything special with it.

Archived