On 3/27/2021 at 6:56 AM, Merlin Wizzard said:

So I got through a day and a half of captivity in Winterhold prison and suddenly escaped without trying. 

You will have to elaborate on that. 

On 3/27/2021 at 6:56 AM, Merlin Wizzard said:

Great, but the belongings of my custom follower, Luthian,  were nowhere to be found.

There is a chest in the Jailer's Place. 

On 3/27/2021 at 7:26 PM, Violence6884 said:

Would it be easy to add water in the choice of drinks while in prison?

It would, if there was such a thing in vanilla Skyrim, but there isn't. 

On 3/27/2021 at 7:26 PM, Violence6884 said:

But no water?

I know, right? 

15 hours ago, CommunistNinja said:

JK's Dragonsreach

I don't know what that is.

15 hours ago, CommunistNinja said:

The PC has to walk through a fire pit to get to the cage.

Do you have a screen shot of this? 

1 hour ago, Inte said:

You will have to elaborate on that. 

There is a chest in the Jailer's Place. 

yeah all my stuff was there, but not her special ring and outfit. At least not when I tried to trade my stuff back to her. I just loaded up a save prior to getting captured in order to insure she has everything she started off with.

2 hours ago, Inte said:

It would, if there was such a thing in vanilla Skyrim, but there isn't. 

I know, right? 

There is no water in vanilla, which is why I mentioned RND AIO. That adds drinkable water, so I was wondering if there could be support for that- I did not mean that you should just randomly add it.

I love this mod! I've met a few issues with the latest SE version though:

Hardcore mode seems like it always wants to be on, but partially, even when I leave it unchecked. I got caught and arrested by a Bounty Hunter, and it turned itself on as she was restraining me and chaining me up. I was able to go into the menu and uncheck it again right before she started marching me off to prison, and I've tried another play where I just leave it checked on, but it's the same either way.

-It does the hardcore feature of making it so I always have to be fully restrained in the cell, whether I'm letting it use POP restraints or DDE restraints (I tried setting my cell outfit to a DDE outfit that was just ankle chains only, and it added the POP collar and POP hand cuffs automatically, even when Hardcore Mode was unchecked)

-When I try to sleep or wait in the cell, it pops up a message saying I can't do it because I'm in Hardcore, but it lets me do it anyway. This happens with AND without Hardcore Mode being checked.

1 hour ago, TheOrdinator said:

Hardcore mode seems like it always wants to be on, but partially, even when I leave it unchecked. I got caught and arrested by a Bounty Hunter, and it turned itself on as she was restraining me and chaining me up.

I believe that it is intentional for hardcore mode to turn on when you are arrested.

Here is what @Inte has said in the past about this topic:

On 9/9/2020 at 1:13 AM, Inte said:

The hardcore mode will switch itself on for violent crimes. However, your PC should be able to eat and sleep after each cell punishment. 

You mean me doing a 20,000 bounty worth of war crimes in Windhelm makes me a violent criminal? Why, I never!  ?

Looks like that part is working as normally though. Although I have noticed that since doing time in the Windhelm prison, even though I have punishment events enabled at 6 hour intervals, nobody has showed up in days to do anything to me. Is there an option for that that I forgot to switch on? I wonder if it has to do with the new shape of the Windhelm prison, where it's a large SM dungeon with cages, instead of individual cells (not sure if POP did that, or something else).

49 minutes ago, TheOrdinator said:

even though I have punishment events enabled at 6 hour intervals, nobody has showed up in days to do anything to me.

That is not the expected behavior.

49 minutes ago, TheOrdinator said:

the new shape of the Windhelm prison, where it's a large SM dungeon with cages,

I don't think that POP changes the shape of the Windhelm prison. Maybe post a screenshot and I can compare with my game?

3 minutes ago, TheOrdinator said:

Here are some screenshots I took of mine last night. Does this look familiar?

I switched to my vanilla profile in MO2 and compared it to my normal profile that contains POP.

To summarize, POP makes a few minor changes to the vanilla part of Windhelm prison, such as adding some extra bondage furniture, but POP also adds a whole new section to the Windhelm prison. The POP scenes take place in the new section of Windhelm prison.

Your screenshots look like they are from the new section of the prison that is added by POP, so that appears to be working as expected.

Comparison between vanilla and POP of the corridor leading to the Windhelm prison:

Spoiler

pop1.jpg.b867d47f50f18a05849ab6c278bafc1b.jpg

pop2.jpg.a2b362f9c017851b02fef5cea4594b68.jpg

Comparison between vanilla and POP of the vanilla section of the Windhelm prison:

Spoiler

pop3.jpg.63eee2163029694ff577dc8e0814c437.jpg

pop4.jpg.93c7fdc1395ea613418972ab80bdbdd3.jpg

This map shows the vanilla section of the prison, and the new prison section added by POP:

Spoiler

pop5.jpg.da1006d2707bf2bbd2316dd6f97e451f.jpg

Finally, this is a picture of the new section of the prison added by POP:

Spoiler

pop6.jpg.80b4db8d35ea769f2fe24e6ada25a765.jpg

21 minutes ago, TheOrdinator said:

the lighting in yours is looking way better than mine for some reason!

I do not use any lighting mods or ELFX. That is just plain Skyrim SE lighting.

21 minutes ago, TheOrdinator said:

So I'm getting taken there, but no punishing events happening.

That is not expected. I tested getting arrested in Windhelm only once -- the in-cell punishment and the caged event in the palace dining area all worked okay for me.

20 hours ago, Violence6884 said:

There is no water in vanilla, which is why I mentioned RND AIO. That adds drinkable water, so I was wondering if there could be support for that- I did not mean that you should just randomly add it.

To do that, I would have to make that specific needs mod a requirement for POP and what if somebody else is using a different needs mod? Make that a requirement as well? No. 

However, I could make it so your needs mod (or any other) is not required at all, but that will add to the already convoluted POP (somebody said that once, probably true :classic_happy:).

It would involve POP using a SUM form list that the players would have to fill themselves with things they would like to have available to eat while in the cell. Yes, this includes water from any mod. Exactly like the existing 'No Strip' list in POP.

For me creating that would be fun, but for players? Building the list in SUM, then linking it in POP? Not sure. 

22 hours ago, Merlin Wizzard said:

but not her special ring and outfit.

The ring should have been in there, unless stolen. If stolen it would be in the arrest hold's evidence chest.  

Outfits are tricky, especially for NPCs. They have a bad habit of not showing up in the inventory. You could try a console command, chest -> RemoveAllItems -> your follower. 

9 hours ago, TheOrdinator said:

-When I try to sleep or wait in the cell, it pops up a message saying I can't do it because I'm in Hardcore, but it lets me do it anyway.

That seems to be an exclusively SE abnormality*. Your sleep/wait popup box is supposed to be forcefully closed not allowing you to sleep/wait. You should only be able to sleep once after every 'punishment' in cell. 

*- I cannot test or confirm this as I do not use SE, perhaps @Herowynne can confirm it?

6 hours ago, TheOrdinator said:

You mean me doing a 20,000 bounty worth of war crimes in Windhelm makes me a violent criminal? Why, I never!

:classic_tongue:

Not quite. 

1. Violent crimes are crimes involving violence, regardless of the amount. Say you punch a guard. The guard will issue a 40g violent crime bounty on you. POP will treat you as a violent criminal and switch hard core mode on, automatically. 
  2. If you steal the Crown Jewels and somebody sees you, they will issue a 20,000g non-violent bounty on you. POP will not treat you as a violent criminal and respect your setting for the hard core mode.   

Bottom line, it's not the amount of bounty, it's what type of crimes that matter. Amount of gold; just adds more time to the sentence. Type of crime; harder/easier sentence, more/less events and lots or no bondage. :classic_blush:

2 hours ago, TheOrdinator said:

though the lighting in yours is looking way better than mine for some reason!

For that particular cell there is a switch on the wall by the entrance that will turn off some of the lights. 

41 minutes ago, Inte said:

For me creating that would be fun, but for players? Building the list in SUM, then linking it in POP? Not sure. 

Understandable. As a side note I don't think POP is convoluted at all; The MCM is easy to handle, the options are described well enough in my opinion, and they are nicely arranged.

Ah, interesting. Yes, in this case I got my bounty from beating up Ulfric and Ghalmar and then killing every single non-essential guard in the city on my way out, so the huge bounty and forced hardcore mode make sense. But it totally lets me sleep whenever I want, for as long as I want uninterrupted. It just gives me the messages telling me I can't.

By the way, have you tried out XVA yet? I've been having some fun with it lately and it seems like you can get some good authentic results with some proper tweaking.  Examples:xVA_guard_test.mp3

If you're interested, I'd be willing to give back by using it to make some fake but passable audio for the dialogue in POP. Just send me a script of all the POP dialogue lines and required voices and I'll make it happen and send you the sound files. I'd make it as a separate mod myself but I haven't figured out how to implement audio files into dialogue in xEdit yet. I'm a sound editor, not a coder.

11 hours ago, Inte said:
21 hours ago, TheOrdinator said:

When I try to sleep or wait in the cell, it pops up a message saying I can't do it because I'm in Hardcore, but it lets me do it anyway.

That seems to be an exclusively SE abnormality*. Your sleep/wait popup box is supposed to be forcefully closed not allowing you to sleep/wait. You should only be able to sleep once after every 'punishment' in cell. 

*- I cannot test or confirm this as I do not use SE, perhaps @Herowynne can confirm it?

I do not see that behavior. Waiting or sleeping in the cell typically works okay for me, meaning I am not prevented from waiting or sleeping.

What is new to me is the info from @Inte about the details of what is considered violent crime. I probably would need to test this some more, while taking that into consideration.

15 hours ago, Inte said:

However, I could make it so your needs mod (or any other) is not required at all, but that will add to the already convoluted POP (somebody said that once, probably true :classic_happy:).

It would involve POP using a SUM form list that the players would have to fill themselves with things they would like to have available to eat while in the cell. Yes, this includes water from any mod. Exactly like the existing 'No Strip' list in POP.

I'd be all for this personally. Setting it up might take a few minutes, but at least to me the ability to customize would be more than worth it.

Few things are working I guess ...

But not quite working with Realistic Needs: Not enough food and drink and I can't use the beds (after my char lies down it gets up immediately and even if it works occasionaly the tiredness stays). Also the cell-events don't just occure during daytime but also at night so every few hours you get wake up by the jailor. Would be ok if it doesn't happen every night because then the RN-implementation is useless.

Outside only the jailor takes advantage, no common folk (except at the parade). And every time after the pillory at about 8PM i get into the cage until 1AM. Isn't it supposed to be one of the three events (pillory, cage, parade) every day?

In the Riften prison I have to unstuck the jailor like every hour or else I'm forced to wait for someone never coming ...

newest version of pop is not compatible with newest version of CL (9.0) and this is not your fault, inte , it is CL.

setting a bounty in pop

guard comes and does speak with CL dialogues, not with pop dialogues

result is an armbinder, not an arrest

pop arrest wasnt even mentioned.

work around : going down to CL 8.4 that one works with pop

brumbling about kicking cl from modlist