1. Are the animations in the cell hardcoded? I cannot find them in sexlab. Reason for this question is that I would love to replace the animation with another. The Doggy animation isn't working; and the male is sinking into the ground to waist level or they stand 2 meter apart doing air yoga. Maybe something with Tags, although I don't know yet how they work.
  2. And are there animation packs I can use to enrich the animations? All non basic animations in ZaZ animation pack are all set on 'No', should I change that? Any suggestions appreciated. Love this Mod. ;)
  3. … and 'A Gift on Release' looks great, but can these devices be removed if I want to and how? I have it on 0 (zero) because I don't want to wear a device all the game.
3 hours ago, MVSKLO said:

Are the animations in the cell hardcoded? I cannot find them in sexlab. Reason for this question is that I would love to replace the animation with another. The Doggy animation isn't working; and the male is sinking into the ground to waist level or they stand 2 meter apart doing air yoga. Maybe something with Tags, although I don't know yet how they work.

You have to disable the cell punishments in the mcm, doggy, missionary, and skullfuck. Then you have to enable the punish by tags option. From there you go into the sexlab animations menu and see what anims are available. The tags should be listed under the animations. If there are certain animation you like, see if they have a common tag. Add the tag to the prison overhaul mcm extras page under general sex tags. For example, I simply add aggressive as the tag and suppress the oral tag. Also, when you set aggressive anims via the sexlab animation selection. It will either add or remove an aggressive tag from a chosen animation. So say I like a certain animation and think it should be set to aggressive, I would select it to be considered aggressive and then it would appear in the prison overhaul animation selection. For example, I do this with leito doggystyle because I like the 3rd and 4th stages of that animation.

You may also need to go into the zaz animation pack mcm and uncheck the option for override animation if needed.

1 hour ago, drunken toad said:

You have to disable the cell punishments in the mcm, doggy, missionary, and skullfuck. Then you have to enable the punish by tags option. From there you go into the sexlab animations menu and see what anims are available. The tags should be listed under the animations. If there are certain animation you like, see if they have a common tag. Add the tag to the prison overhaul mcm extras page under general sex tags. For example, I simply add aggressive as the tag and suppress the oral tag. Also, when you set aggressive anims via the sexlab animation selection. It will either add or remove an aggressive tag from a chosen animation. So say I like a certain animation and think it should be set to aggressive, I would select it to be considered aggressive and then it would appear in the prison overhaul animation selection. For example, I do this with leito doggystyle because I like the 3rd and 4th stages of that animation.

You may also need to go into the zaz animation pack mcm and uncheck the option for override animation if needed.

Thank you for your answer!

I already experienced a new animation without me doing anything. I installed a SLAL animation pack containing aggressive animations.

I liked the SkullFuck. So if I only want to remove ZapDoggy01, I only have to enter this name into the suppression field? 

5 hours ago, MVSKLO said:

Thank you for your answer!

I already experienced a new animation without me doing anything. I installed a SLAL animation pack containing aggressive animations.

I liked the SkullFuck. So if I only want to remove ZapDoggy01, I only have to enter this name into the suppression field? 

No, there should be sliders under each punishment from 1 to 10. Each slider should be set to 5 by default. set the slider for zapdoggy to zero to never get that punishment. Tags only effect the tag punishment option. Btw, If you like any of the zap animations, I recommend downloading Billy's Slal pack. His bound animations are much better imo.

To answer your question. "All non basic animations in ZaZ animation pack are all set on 'No', should I change that?"

I wouldn't mess with that, the only thing you might want to change is the override animation if necessary check box. Depending on if you start seeing zap animations in mods where you don't want them. For example I use Sanguines debauchery, if that option is left checked I get the zap animations when I want something else to be played. So I always disable it. A similar toggle exists in the devious devices mcm.

In regards to removing devices, I honestly have no idea. I know you can craft keys and talk to certain npcs to remove them. But, I can't recall ever successfully removing one without cheating and removing it through the mcm. Then again, I have never tried that hard.

11 hours ago, drunken toad said:

I have already changed the options on that page to use PO restraints. No matter what I select there, Inox is always used for the arrest scene and prison. The only thing that changes is the gag, after my character is dropped off at the prison.

Hmm, I'll take a look-see. 

21 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

I could include one. But right know you just need to point a character to it for it to work. Just like you would do with a normal furniture.

You mean it needs a scene. 
Well like I said, I am not all that interested in player executions as they are never immersive. To do a player execution scene correctly, it will take some effort and finesse. @zaira has come the closest I’ve seen in ME, and from the looks of them there, it took a lot of effort but in the end they required a lot of player consent which broke immersion. So, unless trying to simulate a Dolcett scene, no one will consent to their own execution, least of all someone as powerful as the Dragonborn.
But, even if a modder was willing to go through all the effort required to build a decent execution scene, most players would play it what, a couple of times? I mean, that’s what I did with @zaira’s execution scenes, then I disabled them in the MCM forever. Why? Because, the conclusion to all execution scenes is the same: Game Over!  

9 hours ago, Inte said:

Well like I said, I am not all that interested in player executions as they are never immersive. To do a player execution scene correctly, it will take some effort and finesse. @zaira has come the closest I’ve seen in ME, and from the looks of them there, it took a lot of effort but in the end they required a lot of player consent which broke immersion. So, unless trying to simulate a Dolcett scene, no one will consent to their own execution, least of all someone as powerful as the Dragonborn.
But, even if a modder was willing to go through all the effort required to build a decent execution scene, most players would play it what, a couple of times? I mean, that’s what I did with @zaira’s execution scenes, then I disabled them in the MCM forever. Why? Because, the conclusion to all execution scenes is the same: Game Over!  

An interesting solution would be if the player character were resurrect.  For example, after the execution of a player's character would be followed by a load screen, the player's character would be teleported to, for example, the Hall of the Dead in Windhelm. Here he (she) would be revived and could continue playing. Character could lose all things, and the only thing he (she) could pay to the priest would be his body (sex scene) ?:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Inte said:

@Inte

You could use the gallows as one of your end of sentence, parting surprises tho?  On release, the player finds that their follower that also went to jail with them has been placed on a Gallows near the release point in the city in which jailed, with a variable deathrate set at random, from slowish to very very very slow, - something that could be short or last quite a few game days - with a required release fee of a lot of cash or a few unusual items/ingredients/potions etc, to be collected and paid to a local guard, before the follower dies.  If the player fails, then the follower dies, and the player forfeits everything that the follower was carrying etc

That could add an interesting edge, probably without necessarily requiring you to introduce any significant additional extra movements from jailer/guards etc.  Maybe a few new lines of dialogue for the jailer on release, a short quest setting a ransom of some cash/random items collected (without needing to identify where from or how) and, to end it, a guard near the gallows to collect any ransom paid, or the death of the follower

Would that be practicable?

One more question. I'm sorry for all those questions. 

All is set to actually play Skyrim. But, (there is always a but it seems …) …

I still have my nipple and clit piercings when I take a look in the magic spells menu. ? They are the remnants of my test walk-through jailing experience with POP. I had set the options to remove them from inventory when they are unequipped after my jail time.

They are not visible on my body. When I look into the inventory they are not listed.

When I look into the MCM Devious Devices I see the following (see image attached).

• How can I remove my piercings?

In MCM DD menu. Should I just set all these to NONE (DISABLED) or should I use ‘Remove Quest Items’? Or something else?

MCM-DD.jpg

4 hours ago, MVSKLO said:

One more question. I'm sorry for all those questions. 

All is set to actually play Skyrim. But, (there is always a but it seems …) …

I still have my nipple and clit piercings when I take a look in the magic spells menu. ? They are the remnants of my test walk-through jailing experience with POP. I had set the options to remove them from inventory when they are unequipped after my jail time.

They are not visible on my body. When I look into the inventory they are not listed.

When I look into the MCM Devious Devices I see the following (see image attached).

• How can I remove my piercings?

In MCM DD menu. Should I just set all these to NONE (DISABLED) or should I use ‘Remove Quest Items’? Or something else?

MCM-DD.jpg

Don't mess the device hider settings, unless another mod requires it for functionality. As for the nipple piercings... could just be a lingering effect. But, since the piercings were added through DDequip, you should probably remove the devices via that mods mcm. You will have to uncheck hardcore mode first. If that doesn't work you could try waiting in game for 24hrs a couple times and see if that get's rid of the effect. You could also try saving and reloading your current save to see if that gets rid of it. Otherwise you'll probably have to reload a previous save to get rid of it. 

1 hour ago, drunken toad said:

Otherwise you'll probably have to reload a previous save to get rid of it.

Thank you. I shall try your suggestions. It seems it does not do anything then just mentioning it in the magic field, so if it doesn't go away, I just accept I have a nipple and clit piercing. I little bit earlier to remove it from my bucket list than expected. ?

14 hours ago, Inte said:

...To do a player execution scene correctly, it will take some effort and finesse... Because, the conclusion to all execution scenes is the same: Game Over!  

This is true. But there are some points where execution scenes makes sense and that's why I will integrate them in the SSE version as well:

• It increases tension if you see how your cell mate is executed and you know you gonna be the next candidate - so the scenario shall include execution of a predecessor and the player shall be part of the audience.
  • It's the well-deserved end of a criminal in a rough world during a civil war. Even if it takes effort to implement such a scenery it is worth to do it. It is not immersive if you go around and kill citizens and the only consequence is that you have to stay some days in prison and maybe gonna be raped and misused there.

But I don't write MEP with players in mind who want to finish vanilla quests (IMHO Skyrim has reached it's EOL), I write Mods for adult BDSM entertainment - and this is always focused on short term. I start Skyrim, enjoy some nice BDSM quests and if the Player ends up in Gallows - ok - shit could happen - next day I'll start a new session...

14 hours ago, donkeywho said:

On release, the player finds that their follower that also went to jail with them has been placed on a Gallows near the release point in the city in which jailed, with a variable deathrate set at random, from slowish to very very very slow, - something that could be short or last quite a few game days - with a required release fee of a lot of cash or a few unusual items/ingredients/potions etc, to be collected and paid to a local guard, before the follower dies. 

Oh, I couldn't do that to my followers, I love my followers. :classic_happy:

On 4/9/2020 at 1:24 PM, drunken toad said:

I have already changed the options on that page to use PO restraints. No matter what I select there, Inox is always used for the arrest scene and prison. The only thing that changes is the gag, after my character is dropped off at the prison.

On 4/10/2020 at 12:30 AM, Inte said:

Hmm, I'll take a look-see. 

Bug confirmed and squashed. 

10 hours ago, zaira said:

I will integrate them in the SSE version as well:

Are you making the switch to SE, or keeping two versions? 

It increases tension if you see how your cell mate is executed and you know you gonna be the next candidate - so the scenario shall include execution of a predecessor and the player shall be part of the audience.

I can kinda see that when it happens for the first time, but after that the player will know what's coming breaking the tension, no?

Don't get me wrong, I think your execution scenes do create tension, but they do it only once. Now, I am not sure how much of your time* they cost you to make, but I am fairly certain that I am not the only one playing them only a couple of times and then disabling them. 

*- time perhaps better spent elsewhere in your mod? 

It's the well-deserved end of a criminal in a rough world during a civil war. Even if it takes effort to implement such a scenery it is worth to do it. It is not immersive if you go around and kill citizens and the only consequence is that you have to stay some days in prison and maybe gonna be raped and misused there.

That might be true for a low-level PC, but who is going to arrest and execute a Dragonborn?

Ether way, my point about replayability stands. Who will keep starting a new game (with all the setup involved) and only play for a couple of hours to end up executed?

But I don't write MEP with players in mind who want to finish vanilla quests (IMHO Skyrim has reached it's EOL), I write Mods for adult BDSM entertainment - and this is always focused on short term. I start Skyrim, enjoy some nice BDSM quests and if the Player ends up in Gallows - ok - shit could happen - next day I'll start a new session...

I'll have to disagree completely here.   

I play Skyrim for the BDSM content only. My current save has over 1000 hours on it. I haven't even started the main quest*. This save has had most mods here on LL ran through it, including ME. What do I like most about your ME? I like the Master/Slave relationship and the slave training, you know the BDSM part. You know what is NOT part of BDSM? Executions.

In fact the base idea of one of the most popular mods here on LL, SD, is continuous play,** rather than game over; reload a previous save. 

* - no dragons at all - they do not play nice with bound slaves :classic_blush:

** - perhaps the reason for its success 

1 hour ago, Inte said:

Are you making the switch to SE, or keeping two versions? 

The SE version is dropped. I don't have resources to maintain two versions. In the past I have schedulled quests on my own but since v2.5 MEP is completely based on the StoryManager
which works much more reliable in SE. And SE allows to increase the engine tact up to 144hz which is a big improvement for the StoryManager - random dialog events are fired more frequently so the society appears to be much livelier.

1 hour ago, Inte said:

I'll have to disagree completely here.   

You wont find long lasting quests in MEP because of my peferred way of game play. Lot's of short term episodes that are controlled by the player behavior so the player defines his own story.

2 hours ago, Inte said:

I play Skyrim for the BDSM content only.

? That would guide the question back to the gallows as a not-killing punishment device.

The strangulation effect in the not-killing manner could be added to the punishments, similar to the whipping punishment.

It would be applicable for the PC and possibly for companion NPCs. Reduction in health points could be fine, it would just have to stop the scene at a certain safety level. Health could be recovered and we could start again.

We could use it as a killing device "just for show" if POP generates random prisoner NPC to be executed. That's basically the same as placing static decoration, it just uses up an NPC (that's my it better be limited to an NPC  under 100% mod control).

... ?

3 hours ago, worik said:

Reduction in health points could be fine, it would just have to stop the scene at a certain safety level. Health could be recovered and we could start again.

It does in fact have a build in non-lethal option with this exact functionality.

22 hours ago, zaira said:

The SE version is dropped. I don't have resources to maintain two versions. In the past I have schedulled quests on my own but since v2.5 MEP is completely based on the StoryManager
which works much more reliable in SE. And SE allows to increase the engine tact up to 144hz which is a big improvement for the StoryManager - random dialog events are fired more frequently so the society appears to be much livelier.

The LE Story Manager in my experience is completely unreliable, especially when a bunch of mods are using it.

I am still looking for reasons to switch to SE, but I'm yet to find any compelling ones. As far as I can tell, the only thing the SE version has done is to split the modding community and double the workload for modders, which is quite unfortunate.  Bethesda should have just integrate the 64 bit architecture over the existing one, like The Sims has done.  

22 hours ago, zaira said:

Lot's of short term episodes that are controlled by the player behavior so the player defines his own story.

I too prefer that over a linear play. 

22 hours ago, worik said:

? That would guide the question back to the gallows as a not-killing punishment device.

The strangulation effect in the not-killing manner could be added to the punishments, similar to the whipping punishment.

It would be applicable for the PC and possibly for companion NPCs. Reduction in health points could be fine, it would just have to stop the scene at a certain safety level. Health could be recovered and we could start again.

We could use it as a killing device "just for show" if POP generates random prisoner NPC to be executed. That's basically the same as placing static decoration, it just uses up an NPC (that's my it better be limited to an NPC  under 100% mod control).

... ?

I'm not sure I understand the point of fake execution scenes.

Like I said before, I think that execution scenes are a waist of time for both the player and especially the modders, but if a PC execution mod was to provide a ModEvent I'll be willing to send the PC there on POP release.

1 hour ago, Inte said:

I'm not sure I understand the point of fake execution scenes.

? 2 completely different scenarios need to be distinguished:

1. execution - as I suggested, not to be applied to the PC or followers. Purely decoration, but a dynamic scene to watch instead of a static item in the corner. It could be made interactive, where the player is forced/volunteers/whatever to be the executioner (and hopefully come to good terms with the guards?), but that's optional and a matter of background story.
  2. asphyxation punishment - to be applied to the PC/follower, not lethal, same principle as whipping, just a different pain. It's not about a fake execution, it's about non-lethal punishment

The modevent would be a nice idea as the final punishment. Especially in the non-lethal way, it could be added to the regular "gifts". :classic_happy:

@Pamatronic That approach could require some more location, e.g. one in each hold? It would make little sense for Ulfric to send a prisoner to the softies in Whiterun to do some punishment thing. I bet, he thinks himself pretty able enough to do that in his own backyard. :classic_laugh: