• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 8:51 PM, zarantha said:

I'm not getting the cursed dragon egg to drop from dragons I killed, even though the mcm is set to 100%. It's been 3 dragons now, with it at 100% chance.

Check your load order for anything overwriting Egg Factory's changes to LeveledItem records.

4 hours ago, MorePrinniesDood said:

Check your load order for anything overwriting Egg Factory's changes to LeveledItem records.

Nothing was overwriting the leveled lists. But in the list I'm using we've narrowed this down to Hunterborn. This mod works with hunterborn disabled. Possibly due to how hunterborn is changing how the death items are handled. I've got a patch to test, if i can play long enough to find a dragon. I'm a little confused on why the other eggs are working, but it might be because the nests are being looted and there's never been cursed eggs from the death loot. But I didn't look to see if that was intended for dragons only either.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d2eea55fe21609df8a1d04a99a472a22.png

Anyway, once I get the patch properly tested I can update here.

9 hours ago, Pkingsley said:

Getting a crash on run after installing the newest EggFactory. I'm running SE w/ MO2 and getting some BSA File loading issue. 

- edit: unpacking BSA worked

Yes, you should have problems with the BSA in this version because it is for SkyrimLE.   I was specting a selectable FOMOD menu, but the mod is still the standard plug n pray installation.  That, make me look further to search for the "home" of the Skyrim SE/AE (64bits) version.

Use the intended version for Skyrim SE/AE to fix the CTD issues.  Clean out all eggfactory files first and any patches.

BSA load faster, but you will not notice with a mod like EGG FACTORY, because it has few assets. The performance gains of using BSA are very noticeable when packaging mods with a lot of textures and sound files.   It loads faster because it is pre-indexed and the Windows file access security and antivirus is processed once instead of for each file.

@MorePrinniesDood

To reduce the cost to your sanity supporting the mod from support posting spam, maybe add a notice and link at the beginning of the description page to point to the SkyrimSE version page.  That should reduce future posting of people loading the wrong version and CTD their game.  ?

Edited by safado
26 minutes ago, safado said:

Yes, you should have problems with the BSA in this version because it is for SkyrimLE.   I was specting a selectable FOMOD menu, but the mod is still the standard plug n pray installation.  That, make me look further to search for the "home" of the Skyrim SE/AE (64bits) version.

Use the intended version for Skyrim SE/AE to fix the CTD issues.  Clean out all eggfactory files first and any patches.

BSA load faster, but you will not notice with a mod like EGG FACTORY, because it has few assets. The performance gains of using BSA are very noticeable when packaging mods with a lot of textures and sound files.   It loads faster because it is pre-indexed and the Windows file access security and antivirus is processed once instead of for each file.

@MorePrinniesDood

To reduce the cost to your sanity supporting the mod from support posting spam, maybe add a notice and link at the beginning of the description page to point to the SkyrimSE version page.  That should reduce future posting of people loading the wrong version and CTD their game.  ?

I can only do so much for people who won't pay attention to what section of the forum/downloads they are in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a question, but I need to make sure I understand how this mod works properly first.

My understanding and experience is once you're cursed, you're going to lay eggs until you get rid of the curse manually. It never really goes away by itself afaik. Like the only cure is the one from the temples? My experience is that it just starts over again and again.   

So yeah, I was wondering if there could be a way for the curses to be more temporary? Like a chance to cure after each pregnancy, or cures itself after laying eggs X times? I don't know how much there would be a demand for such a mechanic, but to me it would be a more immersive way to experience different kinds of curses without having too much control on the how and when. Especially now that you can have different curses at once. I know I could just pop a cure potion after each pregnancy, but I want my character to crave the curse and look for cursed egg, not chug remedies every time they feel like changing which kind of eggs they want. Pregnancy draughts are supposed to be a quick fix for the curse... but like  you just start getting pregnant again with more eggs, so it doesn't really fix anything?

Anyways, I'd love to know if I'm having bugs/not understanding something/if it's possible to have something like that implemented, thanks.

17 hours ago, Kotaff said:

I have a question, but I need to make sure I understand how this mod works properly first.

My understanding and experience is once you're cursed, you're going to lay eggs until you get rid of the curse manually. It never really goes away by itself afaik. Like the only cure is the one from the temples? My experience is that it just starts over again and again.   

So yeah, I was wondering if there could be a way for the curses to be more temporary? Like a chance to cure after each pregnancy, or cures itself after laying eggs X times? I don't know how much there would be a demand for such a mechanic, but to me it would be a more immersive way to experience different kinds of curses without having too much control on the how and when. Especially now that you can have different curses at once. I know I could just pop a cure potion after each pregnancy, but I want my character to crave the curse and look for cursed egg, not chug remedies every time they feel like changing which kind of eggs they want. Pregnancy draughts are supposed to be a quick fix for the curse... but like  you just start getting pregnant again with more eggs, so it doesn't really fix anything?

Anyways, I'd love to know if I'm having bugs/not understanding something/if it's possible to have something like that implemented, thanks.

I like this idea. Maybe combine it with a pregnancy addiction mechanic where you start getting debuffs if you're not currently pregnant.

7 hours ago, MorePrinniesDood said:

I like this idea. Maybe combine it with a pregnancy addiction mechanic where you start getting debuffs if you're not currently pregnant.

I'm all up for debuffs, as long as it's not yet another source of generic -stats (skills, or stam/hp/mp max/regen). Though I'm not quite sure what would be more fitting. Some kind of heat that raises your arousal faster? Pheromones that make creatures more interested in you? An increase in chance of finding cursed eggs? Also, since you're already tracking how many pregnancies you had for each type of egg, I'm guessing making a gradual addiction system wouldn't be too hard?

Personally, I would love if the effects were more involved/maybe interacted with other mods/systems. Like Corruption or Sexlab Parasites, maybe.

While trying to come up with ideas I stumbled upon Huan's addon for this mod, and tbh this mod does the 2 main things I'd want to be added to this mod (limit number of pregnancies, and the possibility of sex egg pregnancies). Looks old and LE only, and I would rather not have to download their port as I'm quite happy with how your official SSE port works at the moment.

22 hours ago, Kotaff said:

I'm all up for debuffs, as long as it's not yet another source of generic -stats (skills, or stam/hp/mp max/regen). Though I'm not quite sure what would be more fitting. Some kind of heat that raises your arousal faster? Pheromones that make creatures more interested in you? An increase in chance of finding cursed eggs? Also, since you're already tracking how many pregnancies you had for each type of egg, I'm guessing making a gradual addiction system wouldn't be too hard?

Personally, I would love if the effects were more involved/maybe interacted with other mods/systems. Like Corruption or Sexlab Parasites, maybe.

While trying to come up with ideas I stumbled upon Huan's addon for this mod, and tbh this mod does the 2 main things I'd want to be added to this mod (limit number of pregnancies, and the possibility of sex egg pregnancies). Looks old and LE only, and I would rather not have to download their port as I'm quite happy with how your official SSE port works at the moment.

I've been running Huan's addon for quite a while along with the current version of Egg Factory, and it works just fine. It's been some time since I set up the install and I remember it being a bit fiddly to work at first, but I believe simply loading Huan's addon before the current main mod, and not using the unofficial port, which reverts the mod to version 35a (but works fine for that).

3 hours ago, StripedWhite said:

I've been running Huan's addon for quite a while along with the current version of Egg Factory, and it works just fine. It's been some time since I set up the install and I remember it being a bit fiddly to work at first, but I believe simply loading Huan's addon before the current main mod, and not using the unofficial port, which reverts the mod to version 35a (but works fine for that).

Yeah, it worked for me as too. Turns out that I didn't have any messing around whatsoever required. Loaded after the main mod, and it all goes well I was quite surprised.

On 9/1/2023 at 11:39 PM, no_way said:

Anyone know how to get this mod:

to work with egg factory?

I tried editing the dar condition as follows but it didn't work.

HasMagicEffect("EggFactory.esp" | 0x0001562E) OR
HasMagicEffect("EggFactory.esp" | 0x00027EA8)

Egg Factory hasn't used a Magic Effect record for labor for a long time, you'd probably have to edit EggFactoryMasterTimer.psc to play the animation instead of the current StartSneaking() call.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 10:17 AM, MorePrinniesDood said:

Egg Factory hasn't used a Magic Effect record for labor for a long time, you'd probably have to edit EggFactoryMasterTimer.psc to play the animation instead of the current StartSneaking() call.

Weird cause one shows up in my active magic effects during labour

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, jedimoogle said:

I have no idea what you do to set up SLIF to actually make visual changes on the character model, I've gone into the MCM menu for Egg Factory and enabled SLIF for the scaling methodm and I've built morphs in bodyslide, but after that... idk. what do?

Use the "Racemenu Scaling Code" option instead, it will use "PregnancyBelly" Morph, until you understand SLIF.  The RaceMenu option is actually NIO Morph, and NIO is part of Racemenu.  SLIF is a middleware to convert NIO node to NIO Morph, and track it by NPC.  SLIF was created to make it easier to convert NIO node scales to NIO morphs and aggregate the morphs into one.  SLIF is optional if the mod already do NIO morph directly.  NIO morph by default play well between mod scales, unless it config ini is modified to do something else.

Spoiler

NIO node scale means that the skeleton nodes (3D animation engine' character skeleton) are scaled 0 to 1 (or more) and the part of the mesh attached to it will follow the scale, it will distort depending on mesh.  NIO morph is scaling a predetermined morph that is part of the mesh instead of game animation engine PC\NPC skeleton, because it is in the mesh it gives the artist that designed the mesh some liberty to make it look nicer.  The morph has a key name that separate it from other morphs.  In EggFactory the hard-coded morph name used for the belly inflation is "PregnancyBelly". The PC\NPC mesh need to have a morph with that name with the proper expected effect to make it work. 

Change the MCM values like Belly Max size and multiplier to a big number for testing. Get cursed by picking up one of the eggs in the basket at the Kynareth temple, where the note is. Do not drink the antidote.

You can also curse NPCs by giving them the curse eggs, obviously easier with female followers.

Edited by safado