On 2/4/2016 at 8:21 PM, Rabblerouser said:

During "The Sunken City" (the ceremony begins), I have an issue with initiating the ceremony with

Hide contents

Nasura

. The hints tell me to follow Mankara, I think, but she does nothing. When I try to lure her out with Unrelenting Force and even triggering a battle to lure her out to the main area, she even returns to the area from before.

Even when I walk my character into the waypoint and have my PC lay down and... after the Lovecraftian dialogue... nothing seems to happen.

EDIT: Going into first-person seemed to fix this, for some reason. Still something to look into, so I strikethrough'd the text instead of deleting.

I have this problem and am unable to advance the stage at all. It just says to take place for ceremony but nothing happens. Even in 1st person mode. Mankara just walks away any help is appreciated.

4 hours ago, skyquester said:

I have this problem and am unable to advance the stage at all. It just says to take place for ceremony but nothing happens. Even in 1st person mode. Mankara just walks away any help is appreciated.

I forget exactly how a vanilla install is set up, but I do remember the coding right around that area being inexplicably unfinished.

Basically, Mankara, the Spy, and the Jailer are all supposed to take their places near the altar (The spy in front of the head-chopping block, the Jailer next to her, Mankara... somewhere, I don't remember) but the packages that tell them to do so are either unused or broken.

Like, all the behavior packages are THERE, but the Spy and Jailer just aren't equipped with them and Mankara's doesn't tell her to STAY there, so...

This came with another inexplicable bug where the whole ritual scence just stopped triggering. It was inexplicable because the update that broke it was a hotfix adding a completely unrelated modified script for an entirely unrelated quest. Now, I don't know if that was ever fixed, either by rolling back the hotfix or pinning down exactly what went wrong, but it doesn't really matter.

Behold.

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=710264

This is a patch built atop a pre-hotfix build of aFTD that fixes a whole bunch of package-related issues, including the ritual. This does mean that if you want Radiant Cultist to work, you'll need to get the patch file found on the main page as it isn't built in anymore, but this should smooth over the ritual, the Dream sequence, and general life within the Temple/Ryleth, along with fixing the Ritual being unable to advance.

11 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

I forget exactly how a vanilla install is set up, but I do remember the coding right around that area being inexplicably unfinished.

Basically, Mankara, the Spy, and the Jailer are all supposed to take their places near the altar (The spy in front of the head-chopping block, the Jailer next to her, Mankara... somewhere, I don't remember) but the packages that tell them to do so are either unused or broken.

Like, all the behavior packages are THERE, but the Spy and Jailer just aren't equipped with them and Mankara's doesn't tell her to STAY there, so...

This came with another inexplicable bug where the whole ritual scence just stopped triggering. It was inexplicable because the update that broke it was a hotfix adding a completely unrelated modified script for an entirely unrelated quest. Now, I don't know if that was ever fixed, either by rolling back the hotfix or pinning down exactly what went wrong, but it doesn't really matter.

Behold.

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=710264 589.9 kB · 161 downloads

This is a patch built atop a pre-hotfix build of aFTD that fixes a whole bunch of package-related issues, including the ritual. This does mean that if you want Radiant Cultist to work, you'll need to get the patch file found on the main page as it isn't built in anymore, but this should smooth over the ritual, the Dream sequence, and general life within the Temple/Ryleth, along with fixing the Ritual being unable to advance.

Thanks mate. This helps and now I have completed the quest.I just wish it made more use of the estrus mod and allowed us to return from time to time to the Deep One for either breeding or enslaving others. It could be like breeding with the Deep One could provide a random buff selected from a list of predefined buffs. Heck you could also be utilized for the amusement of the deep one in various ways. But once you do complete the quest you are left to wander the world as you see fit rather than being tied to the deep one.

3 minutes ago, skyquester said:

Thanks mate. This helps and now I have completed the quest.I just wish it made more use of the estrus mod and allowed us to return from time to time to the Deep One for either breeding or enslaving others. It could be like breeding with the Deep One could provide a random buff selected from a list of predefined buffs. Heck you could also be utilized for the amusement of the deep one in various ways. But once you do complete the quest you are left to wander the world as you see fit rather than being tied to the deep one.

Funny story, there's a skeleton of that already in the game.

I mentioned Radiant Cultist, which is SUPER broken in a vanilla build, but the intended vision was you go to Mankara at any point after becoming a cultist, including after the mod wraps up, and offer yourself for a round of breeding. You get sent to Ryleh, and basically replay the Dream sequence again, but without the two backup dancers and breeding a Seeker instead of a Lurker. At the end, you get a buff, 'Blessing of the Lord of the Deeps,' which I think boosted mana regen among other less valuable buffs, which lasted for a good week.

Like I said, it's super broken. The dialogue to start the quest never appears without console commands to change your faction level AND reset the quest, while it also intended to teleport you back out at the end but ended up highly inconveniently warping you out at two points during the quest. The patch I mentioned removes the teleport triggers, making the quest playable once console commanded into working order.

Like I said, it's a broken barebones skeleton of your idea, but wouldn't be TOO much work to craft it into working order.

Also, by the by, after you completed the Ritual and secured the cult's control over Ryleh, a warp book in the abandoned house opened up that will teleport you into the Lord's chamber, and this one even works in a vanilla build, though actually getting there is a bit of a thorn in the ass. So, yes, you can head back to Ryleh once you're done to do whatever the fuck you like, though there's no additional content in there. Hell, you can't even start Radiant Cultist by talking to Harshkulu in vanilla, which is honestly a glaring oversight in my old Radiant Cultist fix. If I ever get back into Skyrim by somehow fixing the intro on my install, remaking that patch with more fixes, features, and QoL improvements would be high on the priority list.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OscarJavi said:
  • 
    In from the deep, in the Corruption mission, when I go to talk to Erikur, Sybille and Jarl nothing happens, there is no dialogue, he tells me something about a gift, but he stays there, help please

You're talking about the Corruption quest, the longest and most obnoxious of the fetch quests. Specifically, the part where you are tasked with visiting each of the three targets and asking what they want.

...Visit the three targets and ask what they want. They aren't supposed to do anything, you talk to all three of them and they tell you what they want, then you return to ShulTar and move on to the REAL obnoxious shit.

On 6/29/2020 at 10:15 AM, Fasterflight225 said:

Funny story, there's a skeleton of that already in the game.

I mentioned Radiant Cultist, which is SUPER broken in a vanilla build, but the intended vision was you go to Mankara at any point after becoming a cultist, including after the mod wraps up, and offer yourself for a round of breeding. You get sent to Ryleh, and basically replay the Dream sequence again, but without the two backup dancers and breeding a Seeker instead of a Lurker. At the end, you get a buff, 'Blessing of the Lord of the Deeps,' which I think boosted mana regen among other less valuable buffs, which lasted for a good week.

Like I said, it's super broken. The dialogue to start the quest never appears without console commands to change your faction level AND reset the quest, while it also intended to teleport you back out at the end but ended up highly inconveniently warping you out at two points during the quest. The patch I mentioned removes the teleport triggers, making the quest playable once console commanded into working order.

Like I said, it's a broken barebones skeleton of your idea, but wouldn't be TOO much work to craft it into working order.

Also, by the by, after you completed the Ritual and secured the cult's control over Ryleh, a warp book in the abandoned house opened up that will teleport you into the Lord's chamber, and this one even works in a vanilla build, though actually getting there is a bit of a thorn in the ass. So, yes, you can head back to Ryleh once you're done to do whatever the fuck you like, though there's no additional content in there. Hell, you can't even start Radiant Cultist by talking to Harshkulu in vanilla, which is honestly a glaring oversight in my old Radiant Cultist fix. If I ever get back into Skyrim by somehow fixing the intro on my install, remaking that patch with more fixes, features, and QoL improvements would be high on the priority list.

Hmm... heres hoping the Delzaron is able to implement it. Additionally, Mankara should be your mistress meaning she should demand breeding from you and others from time to time. Just an idea. IDK how complex it will be to implement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 11:27 AM, skyquester said:

Hmm... heres hoping the Delzaron is able to implement it. Additionally, Mankara should be your mistress meaning she should demand breeding from you and others from time to time. Just an idea. IDK how complex it will be to implement.

The problem of that mod is lack of quests and great lack of sex.

When you complete it, the question appears - and that is all ?

On 3/13/2015 at 7:04 PM, Delzaron said:

How to enter into Insmouth ?
Talk to Knyva, the gate keeper, and pay 200 gold.

Hi, can anyone help. So I have installed the mod, I found Insmouth, but I cannot enter. I can talk to Knyva, and ask him to let me in, but nothing happens. I have 200 gps on me.

1 hour ago, shardator said:

Hi, can anyone help. So I have installed the mod, I found Insmouth, but I cannot enter. I can talk to Knyva, and ask him to let me in, but nothing happens. I have 200 gps on me.

You need to start the quest first before you're let in. Go to Solitude and talk to Falk Firebeard in the Blue Palace.

9 hours ago, NoedBR said:

How can I remove the "have sex" dialogue option that shows for every NPC after completing the main FTD quest?

You'll probably need to remove it with Creation Kit or TES5 Edit, if you can't just ignore it.

On 7/25/2020 at 4:06 AM, Fasterflight225 said:

You need to start the quest first before you're let in. Go to Solitude and talk to Falk Firebeard in the Blue Palace.

You'll probably need to remove it with Creation Kit or TES5 Edit, if you can't just ignore it.

You could also delete that dialogue line in CK.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 8:09 PM, Fasterflight225 said:

Behold.

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=710264 589.9 kB · 184 downloads

Without this the spy wouldn't get to her spot and couldn't see jailer anywhere either.

After installing this everything else seems to work fine, Mankara on side of the altar, Spy on chopping blockbut the jailer just walks back up to jails after the quest step teleports him to main chamber. Any ideas?

I'm running the SSE version of the mod

2 hours ago, Kaotik said:

Without this the spy wouldn't get to her spot and couldn't see jailer anywhere either.

After installing this everything else seems to work fine, Mankara on side of the altar, Spy on chopping blockbut the jailer just walks back up to jails after the quest step teleports him to main chamber. Any ideas?

I'm running the SSE version of the mod

So, you report the vanilla behavior for reference, then report a pair of bugs that don't make sense, and then you report the reason for your bug.

Bringing LE mods into SE raw can cause !FUN! glitches and is pretty much never recommended. I don't offer refunds because I do this for free, but if I did, porting LE content into SE would void the warranty as I consider it user error. No compatibility testing was done and no support will be offered, I neither play SE nor know anyone who does. Feel free to try and fix it on your own, I'll give the green light right now to anyone who successfully ports it to upload it.

8 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

So, you report the vanilla behavior for reference, then report a pair of bugs that don't make sense, and then you report the reason for your bug.

Bringing LE mods into SE raw can cause !FUN! glitches and is pretty much never recommended. I don't offer refunds because I do this for free, but if I did, porting LE content into SE would void the warranty as I consider it user error. No compatibility testing was done and no support will be offered, I neither play SE nor know anyone who does. Feel free to try and fix it on your own, I'll give the green light right now to anyone who successfully ports it to upload it.

Nice attitude, no one was requesting or demanding anything, just asking if someone would have any ideas how to fix the issue since the hotfix partly works on the SSE version of the mod too ?

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, woodie99 said:

yes i just stand there am i supposed to be liying down ?

Nope, just stand there. Next question.

Did you install the Package Fix, or the Radiant Cultist Patch?

The former rolls back to an older version of the mod that doesn't have... whatever breaks the Ritual. Radiant Cultist does not interact with the Ritual in any way.

If you installed the Patch, not the Fix, then nothing will have changed. So... Which one did you get?

16 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

Nope, just stand there. Next question.

Did you install the Package Fix, or the Radiant Cultist Patch?

The former rolls back to an older version of the mod that doesn't have... whatever breaks the Ritual. Radiant Cultist does not interact with the Ritual in any way.

If you installed the Patch, not the Fix, then nothing will have changed. So... Which one did you get?

i finshed the quest and went back to do the other ending thank you for help 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, Oroborus said:

When you complete it, the question appears - and that is all ?

That's a question I wanted to ask after completing the quest (my game was pretty buggy) at the time (as an agent of the cult), though there was perks awarded :

Spoiler

Was there a way to return to R'lyeh or any effects after the quest completion, or any effect apart from the tentacles of Dagon hovering above Innsmouth?

That being said, I'm downloading it again.

On 6/28/2020 at 7:09 PM, Fasterflight225 said:

Behold.

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=710264 589.9 kB · 245 downloads

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to ask an unrelated question what is the correct deploy order of the two patches and of the mod (if any)?

I have currently those:

- "Fasterfligh225 patch for FTD (apply on FTD 2.6 or 2.52)" was strangely deployed far before from "From the Deeps (redone) 2.6" by Loot (it has no conflicts with "aFTD Package Patch", I changed that.

- "aFTD Package Patch" conflicted with "From the Deeps (redone) 2.6", and was suggested to be put before by Vortex (I put it after, as a patch, but I'm now not sure it works that way at all)

- "From the Deeps (redone) 2.6"

I end up with a single plugin (I don't expect it to be a problem though).

I must confess I am unsure of the sentence "patch built atop a pre-hotfix build of aFTF". English is not my first language, but I think what makes me be unsure is I'm not sure if the "pre-hotfix build of aFTD" isn't simply From The Deep (V1/not redone, I don't know), and consequently both FTD (redone) 2.6 and Fasterflight patch would be unneeded (and my question void).

2 hours ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to ask an unrelated question what is the correct deploy order of the two patches and of the mod (if any)?

I have currently those:

- "Fasterfligh225 patch for FTD (apply on FTD 2.6 or 2.52)" was strangely deployed far before from "From the Deeps (redone) 2.6" by Loot (it has no conflicts with "aFTD Package Patch", I changed that.

- "aFTD Package Patch" conflicted with "From the Deeps (redone) 2.6", and was suggested to be put before by Vortex (I put it after, as a patch, but I'm now not sure it works that way at all)

I must confess I am unsure of the sentence "patch built atop a pre-hotfix build of aFTF". English is not my first language, but I think what makes me be unsure is I'm not sure if the "pre-hotfix build of aFTD" isn't simply From The Deep (V1/not redone, I don't know), and consequently both FTD (redone) 2.6 and Fasterflight patch would be unneeded (and my question void).

That's pretty complex for me tto, since I don't follow the mod since years... In fact, I have a project to rebuilt it by organizing several lovecraft novels, with Mankara as main foe, and a final scene like the Call of Culthlu one...

8 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

That's pretty complex for me tto, since I don't follow the mod since years... In fact, I have a project to rebuilt it by organizing several lovecraft novels, with Mankara as main foe, and a final scene like the Call of Culthlu one...

Just can't wait to see that. Guess in the meantime, I'll go slay Cthulhu in Here There Be Monsters (if he is in the Call of Cthulhu quest, I have never been really far, spending most of the time in game to test stuffor to decrease arousal and remove devious devices.

5 hours ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

I have currently those:

Easy enough. The load order is the latest version of aFTD, the Package Patch after it, and not the Radiant Cultist patch.

The Radiant Cultist fix isn't compatible with mod managers and is included with the latest version regardless. The Package Patch replaces the aFTD plugin and ONLY the plugin, so you still need the original's other data, Meshes and Scripts and the like.

To explain the backstory of the Package Patch, the current version of aFTD is 'technically' aFTD 2.61, having received a hotfix which added the Radiant Cultist patch. However, !FUN! proceeded to happen, and the 2.61 build suffered a game-breaking glitch with the final Ritual. The Package Patch was created with an aFTD 2.60 build, thus indirectly fixing the bug by using the old version. As the Radiant Cultist patch is a simple script replacement, it does not get replaced by the Package Patch and is still functional with it active. ...Don't ask me what happened to the ritual, I haven't the faintest idea.