I'll try without solutions tomorrow... I hardly ever use it anymore... Not since I learned the 'deathray-from-hands' magic spell aka chain lightning...

Destynova99 found all the conflicts. A note's been added to the OP.

Everything else should work fine... but I don't know what other mods are out there that modify vanilla dialogue like that, so there are no guarantees.

I posted this on the Solutions thread also:

Full list of dialogues where Solutions and DYKWIA conflict:

1) [iNFO:0005349A] ('Preposterous! That research represents years of personal toil in some of the most dangerous Dwemer ruins in Skyrim!' in GRUP Topic Children of TG06CalcelmoIntroBranch01 "Perhaps I could view your work?" [DIAL:00032D4A])

2) [iNFO:00060022] ('Oh, thank you! Divines bless your kind heart.' in GRUP Topic Children of FavorJobsBeggarsGiveMoneyTopic "Here. Have a gold piece. (1 gold)" [DIAL:0006001F])

3) [iNFO:0006382A] ('Helping out Ainethach, huh? Give me a reason not to plunge a dagger in your chest.' in GRUP Topic Children of FreeformKarthwastenAGetLostBranchTopic "I want you and your men to leave." [DIAL:00063820])

4) [iNFO:00065C48] ('Hey, you're not supposed to be down here. Official business only.' in GRUP Topic Children of DialogueRiftenPrisonGuardBranchTopic [DIAL:00065C40])

5) [iNFO:00065C61] ('What are you doing down here?' in GRUP Topic Children of DialogueRiftenPrisonGuardBranchTopic [DIAL:00065C40])

6) [iNFO:000ADE66] ('Hold it. This here's a toll road, see? Yer gonna have to hand over, say, 200 gold if you want to use our road.' in GRUP Topic Children of dunValtheimKeepThreatBranchTopic [DIAL:000ADE63])

7) [iNFO:000B815E] ('All right, hand over your valuables, or I'll gut you like a fish.' in GRUP Topic Children of WERJ02ThiefTopicStart [DIAL:000B8158])

8) [iNFO:00040397] ('Don't like it? Too bad. This is our city. Ours!' in GRUP Topic Children of Favor017QuestGiveTopic [DIAL:000CA1E8])

9) [iNFO:00055A0D] ('And why not? I could beat anyone in this city, bare-handed.' in GRUP Topic Children of Favor017QuestGiveTopic [DIAL:000CA1E8])

10) [iNFO:0006C811] ('I'm drunk, and it's been a while since I had a good fight.' in GRUP Topic Children of Favor017QuestGiveTopic [DIAL:000CA1E8])

11) [iNFO:00094052] ('Want me to prove it? I bet a hundred gold I can take you, bare-handed.' in GRUP Topic Children of Favor017QuestGiveTopic [DIAL:000CA1E8])

12) [iNFO:000CA1F8] ('How about a test? Your muscle against mine. The victor gains 100 gold coins from the loser.' in GRUP Topic Children of Favor017QuestGiveTopic [DIAL:000CA1E8])

13) [iNFO:000E66D0] ('For the privilege of entering the city. What does it matter?' in GRUP Topic Children of DialogueRiftenGateNorthBranchTopic01 "What's the tax for?" [DIAL:000E66B8])

So as it stands now, 13 dialogue conflicts that Solutions loses if it's before DYKWIA in load order.

You should also be aware that your mod also conflicts with Xax's Prison Overhaul with the Riften Prison Guard dialogues (same thing that happened with Solutions).

Hmm... here's some compatibility patches. Don't expect me to keep on top of this since I'm not using DYKWIA right now, especially since between this and Solutions, 5 different versions needed to be made depending on what other mods were being used... but it should be good for now until a lot more conflicts pop up.

DYKWIA Compatibility Patches.7z

I posted this on the Solutions thread also:

Full list of dialogues where Solutions and DYKWIA conflict:

1) [iNFO:0005349A] ('Preposterous! That research represents years of personal toil in some of the most dangerous Dwemer ruins in Skyrim!' in GRUP Topic Children of TG06CalcelmoIntroBranch01 "Perhaps I could view your work?" [DIAL:00032D4A])

2) [iNFO:00060022] ('Oh, thank you! Divines bless your kind heart.' in GRUP Topic Children of FavorJobsBeggarsGiveMoneyTopic "Here. Have a gold piece. (1 gold)" [DIAL:0006001F])

3) [iNFO:0006382A] ('Helping out Ainethach, huh? Give me a reason not to plunge a dagger in your chest.' in GRUP Topic Children of FreeformKarthwastenAGetLostBranchTopic "I want you and your men to leave." [DIAL:00063820])

4) [iNFO:00065C48] ('Hey, you're not supposed to be down here. Official business only.' in GRUP Topic Children of DialogueRiftenPrisonGuardBranchTopic [DIAL:00065C40])

5) [iNFO:00065C61] ('What are you doing down here?' in GRUP Topic Children of DialogueRiftenPrisonGuardBranchTopic [DIAL:00065C40])

6) [iNFO:000ADE66] ('Hold it. This here's a toll road, see? Yer gonna have to hand over, say, 200 gold if you want to use our road.' in GRUP Topic Children of dunValtheimKeepThreatBranchTopic [DIAL:000ADE63])

7) [iNFO:000B815E] ('All right, hand over your valuables, or I'll gut you like a fish.' in GRUP Topic Children of WERJ02ThiefTopicStart [DIAL:000B8158])

8) [iNFO:00040397] ('Don't like it? Too bad. This is our city. Ours!' in GRUP Topic Children of Favor017QuestGiveTopic [DIAL:000CA1E8])

9) [iNFO:00055A0D] ('And why not? I could beat anyone in this city, bare-handed.' in GRUP Topic Children of Favor017QuestGiveTopic [DIAL:000CA1E8])

10) [iNFO:0006C811] ('I'm drunk, and it's been a while since I had a good fight.' in GRUP Topic Children of Favor017QuestGiveTopic [DIAL:000CA1E8])

11) [iNFO:00094052] ('Want me to prove it? I bet a hundred gold I can take you, bare-handed.' in GRUP Topic Children of Favor017QuestGiveTopic [DIAL:000CA1E8])

12) [iNFO:000CA1F8] ('How about a test? Your muscle against mine. The victor gains 100 gold coins from the loser.' in GRUP Topic Children of Favor017QuestGiveTopic [DIAL:000CA1E8])

13) [iNFO:000E66D0] ('For the privilege of entering the city. What does it matter?' in GRUP Topic Children of DialogueRiftenGateNorthBranchTopic01 "What's the tax for?" [DIAL:000E66B8])

So as it stands now, 13 dialogue conflicts that Solutions loses if it's before DYKWIA in load order.

You should also be aware that your mod also conflicts with Xax's Prison Overhaul with the Riften Prison Guard dialogues (same thing that happened with Solutions).

Hmm... here's some compatibility patches. Don't expect me to keep on top of this since I'm not using DYKWIA right now, especially since between this and Solutions, 5 different versions needed to be made depending on what other mods were being used... but it should be good for now until a lot more conflicts pop up.

attachicon.gifDYKWIA Compatibility Patches.7z

Yeah, no kidding! And judging by the way I've been updating, you'd need to update the damn thing every other day.

But thank you very much for doing this!  :blush: 

Eugh. I figured as much. For all that it's supposed to be able to make mods, the CK has a funny way of allowing things to integrate.

I should mention the patches WILL work on future versions just fine since it's just preserving both additions to the dialogue trees. It just wouldn't include any future conflicts. The latest version of TES5edit has a "Apply Filter to Show Conflict Losers" filter selectable from the main rightclick menu now so the conflicts would be easy to find. It's doing up all the different versions of the patches that takes the most time... haha. So maybe I'll check on it every few versions of either... but I'm making no promises.

I should mention the patches WILL work on future versions just fine since it's just preserving both additions to the dialogue trees. It just wouldn't include any future conflicts. The latest version of TES5edit has a "Apply Filter to Show Conflict Losers" filter selectable from the main rightclick menu now so the conflicts would be easy to find. It's doing up all the different versions of the patches that takes the most time... haha. So maybe I'll check on it every few versions of either... but I'm making no promises.

So... if I go back and add in a new NPC never touched before, it'll be fine...

But if I edit, say, the brawlers again, the patch will break? Break how? Crash break, or all-dialogue-not-working break, or just-brawlers-dialogue-not-working break?

And... how do you make those patches? That was fast, efficient, and comprehensive... considering it's taken me days to do anything, I find that very impressive. :nonexistent-thumbs-up-emoji:

The patch only has the references to the dialogues, not the dialogues themselves, so the patch wouldn't break no matter what you did. If you removed one of the dialogues referenced it would probably change the reference to a null reference... which I don't believe is game-breaking but might cause the dialogue in question to have a blank space or react oddly (I'm unsure.)

The patch is easy to make with TES5Edit. I'll take some screenshots of the process so you can see what to do. I'm not sure which version of xEdit added the "filter for conflict losers" option, but I think it's fairly recent since I never noticed it before the recent version... but if you update to the newest version you'd have it anyway. I also recommend you get the new Merge Plugins script, v1.9 last I checked. It's a necessity to keep plugin count reasonable... and it's how I combine the various version of the patches without having to redo them from scratch each time. The Step by Step screenshots are under the tag:

post-139060-0-97074400-1426889042_thumb.jpg  post-139060-0-90564400-1426889043_thumb.jpg post-139060-0-74172000-1426889044_thumb.jpg  post-139060-0-73330800-1426889045_thumb.jpg post-139060-0-73810300-1426889046_thumb.jpg post-139060-0-73567100-1426889047_thumb.jpg post-139060-0-73189000-1426889048_thumb.jpg post-139060-0-73591700-1426889049_thumb.jpg

v11, aka the "let's go back and redo stuff I've already done" version, is up...

Development has slowed to a crawl, here. Right now I'm working on several different things at once, and this mod has sort of taken a back seat.

I'll get back to it, I swear!

Current status:

I went back and revisited some NPCs, starting to add in other factions. I tried to be reasonable about it... I mean, if you're the Archmage, Farengar might be impressed, but why would Degaine care?

The Caller might be more receptive to vampires. I also messed a bit with the tree, so it should be easier for players to find the dykwia entries.

Farengar will respect you more if you're the Archmage. I hope I got the logic right... the way I messed with his dialogue, it shouldn't conflict with the Dragonborn dialogue - if player is both Archmage and Dragonborn, you should have two options instead of just one.

Calcelmo - same deal.

Haelga will be a bit more easygoing with you if you're an Agent of Dibella.

You can tell Malborn that you're the head of any vanilla joinable faction in Skyrim and he will respond appropriately.

Turns out, Vantus Loreius's dialogue is uneditable (at least by me with my limited knowledge). There is no dialogue tree to modify or add things to, all dialogue is contained in playerdialogues... and I can't find a logical progression or place to stick any dykwia. Oh well.

I'm also having trouble getting Dragonborn to work properly - whenever I open it, the dialogue shows up just fine, but all scripts are missing. It's hard to get the appropriate dykwia dialogue to activate when you can't use it to bypass stuff or modify how things work... i.e. Mogrul's dykwia dialogue can't set the appropriate stage because the quest stages script is missing/broken.

chesslover22: I tried, I really did, to get the stormcloaks/imperials to work properly. It's entirely possible with the Imperials, but due to the way the Stormcloak introductory quests operate, it can't be done without breaking things. Besides, as skyrimll and jfraser said, editing vanilla stuff like that might break more things than it fixes, and I don't want to take the effort (nor force poor Destynova99 to take the effort) to make up compatibility patches for every mod in existence that alters the civil war questline, such as uskp or civil war overhaul or LAL, etcetera. So for now, that's a no on the civil war factions. :(

Other NPCs people have made suggestions about, I have yet to look at. I also haven't tried Dawnguard yet, though I fear I'll have the same problem as with Dragonborn. I'm scratching my head about that one, still... the game plays through Solstheim just fine, and I can open Dragonborn files in the CK just fine, it's just that the CK seems to have forgotten where to find DB scripts.

Anyway, probably no updates for a while. The operative word there is "probably" - I might get into a big ol' frenzy next week and add every single named NPC in the game, for all I know. (not really)

Galmar Stone-Fist.

The conversation as it stands now:

Galmar:  "So, before I let you join, I'm going to ask you to go out into the middle of the frozen ocean and kill an ice wraith.  Unsupervised.  And we're just going to take your word for it when you come back.  You don't even need to bring back anything special to prove you did it.  So get to it."

Dragonborn:  "What.  The.  Fuck.  Do you realize I killed two dragons and few ice wraiths on the road THIS MORNING ALONE?"

Galmar:  "Yeah, but you still have to do it."

Dragonborn:  "Well, I think I'll just go join the Imperials.  Have a nice day, asshole."

The conversation as it should be:

Dragonborn:  "I'm thinking about joining the Stormcloaks ..."

Galmar:  "WE NEED THE DRAGONBORN ON OUR SIDE, YOU'RE IN!"

Dragonborn:  "... but I'm not sure ..."

Galmar:  "What do you want?  A house?  Yours.  New horse?  Done.  A fat stack of gold?  I'll send over a wagonload.  We MUST have you on our side!"

Dragonborn:  "But I already have these things ..."

Galmar:  "I WILL PERSONALLY SUCK YOUR DICK."

Dragonborn:  "DEAL!"

Or something thereabouts.  Maybe without having Galmar sexually debase himself.  Or offering Hjerim in a way that might break an already-shaky quest.  Or giving us a horse we don't need or a bucket of gold that's just a pointless number by the time we're ready to wander up to Windhelm as the Dragonborn anyway.  But the point stands.  That son of a bitch shouldn't be making us go on some stupid unsupervised snipe hunt that he later admits to not putting anybody else through, he should be groveling and bribing and begging because Nordic tradition and history states pretty clearly that whichever side has the Dragonborn is going to win.  He DOES want to win, doesn't he?

Legate Rikke, on the other hand, is perfectly reasonable and should be left alone.

Rikke:  "Well, if you're as much of a badass as your legend claims, you should be able to go liberate a fort all by yourself.  Get to it."

Dragonborn:  "One fort, coming right up."

Galmar Stone-Fist.

The conversation as it stands now:

Galmar:  "So, before I let you join, I'm going to ask you to go out into the middle of the frozen ocean and kill an ice wraith.  Unsupervised.  And we're just going to take your word for it when you come back.  You don't even need to bring back anything special to prove you did it.  So get to it."

Dragonborn:  "What.  The.  Fuck.  Do you realize I killed two dragons and few ice wraiths on the road THIS MORNING ALONE?"

Galmar:  "Yeah, but you still have to do it."

Dragonborn:  "Well, I think I'll just go join the Imperials.  Have a nice day, asshole."

The conversation as it should be:

Dragonborn:  "I'm thinking about joining the Stormcloaks ..."

Galmar:  "WE NEED THE DRAGONBORN ON OUR SIDE, YOU'RE IN!"

Dragonborn:  "... but I'm not sure ..."

Galmar:  "What do you want?  A house?  Yours.  New horse?  Done.  A fat stack of gold?  I'll send over a wagonload.  We MUST have you on our side!"

Dragonborn:  "But I already have these things ..."

Galmar:  "I WILL PERSONALLY SUCK YOUR DICK."

Dragonborn:  "DEAL!"

Or something thereabouts.  Maybe without having Galmar sexually debase himself.  Or offering Hjerim in a way that might break an already-shaky quest.  Or giving us a horse we don't need or a bucket of gold that's just a pointless number by the time we're ready to wander up to Windhelm as the Dragonborn anyway.  But the point stands.  That son of a bitch shouldn't be making us go on some stupid unsupervised snipe hunt that he later admits to not putting anybody else through, he should be groveling and bribing and begging because Nordic tradition and history states pretty clearly that whichever side has the Dragonborn is going to win.  He DOES want to win, doesn't he?

Legate Rikke, on the other hand, is perfectly reasonable and should be left alone.

Rikke:  "Well, if you're as much of a badass as your legend claims, you should be able to go liberate a fort all by yourself.  Get to it."

Dragonborn:  "One fort, coming right up."

That actually makes more sense that way. :)

And that's how dykwia was going to go, here. Uh, without Galmar sexually debasing himself, as you say.

I know, I wish I could do something about it, I really do. This is a perfect spot to add dykwia that bypasses stuff. The problem is:

The way the two joining quests are constructed is different. I have to assume that the same person did both quests, because what the player sees is nearly identical... but the way the quests are structured underneath is a bit different.

IMPERIALS:
1. Quest A started
2. In Quest A, Rikke talks about you surviving Helgen, then tells you there's a test you must take before you can join.
3. You have several responses (I can handle it, what kind of test, etc)
4. Rikke tells you about the test, which is to clear out a fort.
5. You can say "yes I'll do it" or "no I'll be back later"... I'm assuming the player says yes.
6. At this point, the way forward is to go clear out the fort. The only way forward is to actually do it. If you do...
7. QUEST A completes, QUEST B starts.
8. In Quest B, Rikke notices that you've cleared the fort, and says she'll send a garrison out there.
9. Rikke asks you to take an oath of loyalty.
10. You're in the Legion now!

It's pretty easy to jump start things, by adding a new response (Do you know who I am?) at part 3 that actually skips everything up to part 7, thereby making it so you don't have to clear the fort to prove that you're a badass the Legion needs.
These are controlled by quest stages, so I can just use the setstage command in the dykwia dialogue to bypass everything.

Unfortunately, things are not so easy with the Stormcloaks. At first glance, the two quests seem identical, the only difference being what you're sent to kill (bandits vs. ice wraiths).

STORMCLOAKS:
1. Quest A started
2. In Quest A, Galmar asks you why you want to fight for Skyrim. His question is based entirely on your race.
3. You have several responses (Skyrim is my home, do you only take nords, etc)
4. Galmar tells you about the test, which is to kill ice wraiths.
5. You can say "yes" or "no" and I'm assuming you say yes.
7. QUEST A completes, QUEST B starts.
8. In Quest B, at this point, the way forward is to go kill the ice wraiths. If you do...
9. Galmar tells you to take an oath of loyalty.
10. You're in the Stormcloaks now!

There are several differences under the hood that the player will never see, having to do with quest stages and the like. Most of them are fairly minor, but...
There are two main problems with adding dykwia to the Stormcloaks.
a] There is a dialogue tree that I can't access in the CK, because it crashes whenever I try. Something missing there, I believe. It's probably not that big an issue, because the rest of the dialogue, including setting stages, is available in the other tree. NB: The Imperial joining quest only has one dialogue tree per quest, the Stormcloak side has two trees in Quest B. IDK why.
b] Note the difference between the Imperials and Stormcloaks side... in the Stormcloaks side, parts 7 and 8 are reversed. That is, the part where you have to go kill the ice wraiths is in QUEST B instead of QUEST A.
This is a problem because now I can't easily skip from part 3 on. With the Imperials, the conversation would go like this:
1: I have a test for you!
2: I am the Dragonborn, I can pass your test.
3: Oh, the Dragonborn, how nice, let's join you right up.
but for the Stormcloaks, the conversation would do this:
1: I have a test for you!
2: Go do this test.
3: End conversation, get the mission to go kill the ice wraiths
4: IF the player re-enters conversation with Galmar, THEN you can say "I'm the Dragonborn"
5: Now Galmar can say how nice, let's join you right up.
With the Imperials, the player can say dykwia before the mission is given, which bypasses the mission.
Wht the Stormcloaks, the player can say dykwia only after the mission is given, which does not bypass the mission, thereby invalidating dykwia.

I could add a line in QUEST B that says something like "I know you already sent me to kill the Ice Wraiths, but I just had a bright idea... I'm the Dragonborn, you know!" to which Galmar would respond "Dragonborn! Why didn't you say so in the first place? Join us now!"
The problem there is the player has no actual pointer telling them to go back to Galmar once they've been sent off on the ice-wraith killing quest. Not to mention that it makes no sense to do it that way. What, did you forget you were Dragonborn or something?

Now... I could actually change the internal structure of the quest for the Stormcloaks, essentially switching parts 7 and 8.
The problem is, to do so would require editing more vanilla scripts. I'm not happy with what I've already done, and I don't want to do more.
But even if I was okay with it, editing the vanilla scripts might break mods like civil war overhaul, or USKP, or Live Another Life (not sure about that one)... or really any mod out there that modifies the civil war questline. I really don't want to do that. dykwia is supposed to be unobtrusive, and it already is conflicting with two other mods... and thing is, those conflicts are with dialogue branch pointers only, not something as major as editing a master quest script and re-staging it.

The alternatives:

1. Add unobtrusive dykwia dialogue to both sides, where both sides recognize you as Dragonborn but send you on the test anyway.

2. Add dykwia dialogue only to imperial side that skips the quest. The Stormcloaks? S.O.L. Maybe this could be justified by, I dunno, Ulfric being a whiny bitch and jealous that someone else who knows the Voice is coming in and stealing his thunder (rim shot).

3. Add dykwia dialogue to the imperials normally, and add dykwia dialogue to the stormcloaks along the lines of what I wrote above, the "oh, I forgot I was Dragonborn, let me in now?" and I really don't like the idea.

4. Restructure the quest to add dykwia to both sides equally, thereby breaking other popular mods

5. Forget the whole thing.

I'm going with option 5 for now. :(

Hmm...it could work if you make the comeback line contextually relevant. 

Player: "Um...look, I'm sorry if this sounds rude or arrogant or something, but do I really have to do this milk run? Haven't I done enough to prove myself to you?" (I know that's too many characters. :P )

Galmer: "Why are you still here? You haven't proved anything to me. Who do you think you are, the Dragonborn or something?"

Player: "Erm...well, yes."

Alternatively, you could make an attache npc who walks up after the conversation as says, "Um...pardon me, sir, but..."

"What? Speak up, man! I've got cities to raze!"

"Um...well, sir, I believe that's the Dragonborn. Do you really want to insult him/her with menial labor? What if he/she goes to the Imperials?"

"What? That's not the Dragonborn! The Dragonborn is twelve feet tall and has red eyes!"

"Um...no. Sir. The Dragonborn looks...well, an awfully lot like him/her..."

You can freeze the player in place for the scene (which are pretty easy to make, btw) if you don't want them walking away and missing it.

Hmm...it could work if you make the comeback line contextually relevant. 

Player: "Um...look, I'm sorry if this sounds rude or arrogant or something, but do I really have to do this milk run? Haven't I done enough to prove myself to you?" (I know that's too many characters. :P )

Galmer: "Why are you still here? You haven't proved anything to me. Who do you think you are, the Dragonborn or something?"

Player: "Erm...well, yes."

Alternatively, you could make an attache npc who walks up after the conversation as says, "Um...pardon me, sir, but..."

"What? Speak up, man! I've got cities to raze!"

"Um...well, sir, I believe that's the Dragonborn. Do you really want to insult him/her with menial labor? What if he/she goes to the Imperials?"

"What? That's not the Dragonborn! The Dragonborn is twelve feet tall and has red eyes!"

"Um...no. Sir. The Dragonborn looks...well, an awfully lot like him/her..."

You can freeze the player in place for the scene (which are pretty easy to make, btw) if you don't want them walking away and missing it.

I have had too many freezing in place (which then took about seven reloads before it would move on) to favor this approach, but the rest of the idea is sound.

Oh my Gods... I'm an idiot.

I don't actually need to go through anything like that... thanks jfraser for the suggestion, and it would have worked nicely, but I... derpy derp.

Actually, I think skyrimll already suggested this solution.

Here's Galmar's script:

cw01b.start()

cw01b.setstage(100)
cw00b.completequest()

I think that'll work nicely. Galmar will speak his "you're dragonborn, how awesome, join us please" and this will fire off, and it should do.

Best part - NO VANILLA SCRIPTS EDITED, ONLY DIALOGUE BRANCHES ADDED

v12 is up...

Added wandering adventurers (what's a milk drinker like you doing out here?) who will step aside for the Dragonborn.

Finished my quest to add Enthir in Onmund's Request quest, by request. Any questions? Enthir's dialogue was a bit of a mess, let me tell you. I didn't touch Arniel's Endeavor quest, because most of the vanilla dialogue paints Enthir as less of an arrogant-type prick and more of a middleman-type prick instead.

Added in the Stormcloaks and the Legion. If you're Dragonborn or have killed Alduin, you can pass up Rikke or Galmar's test.

The legion will also be quite happy to have the Archmage in their ranks, and the Stormcloaks will welcome the Harbinger with open arms.

Wuunfurth has a dialogue option when he's in prison (during ms11) if you're the Archmage. About the same as if you're Dragonborn, i.e., he doesn't really give a damn. I made his dialogue only connect to the part about "journals and amulets" instead of the part about necromancy, because anyone who knows anything about the College of Winterhold knows they don't have any real problem with Necromancy. I think he was talking about the Mages Guild from Cyrodiil.

Thanks to everyone who pushed me on the stormcloaks and imperials, because otherwise they wouldn't have been added, which would have been a great loss to society and possibly the world would have crumbled to ash.

Or she might say, "so, do any of your fancy abilities produce money? 'Cause that's what causes shouting around here."

Considering how easy she is to persuade or intimidate, I tend to feel she'd be pretty overwhelmed by the Dragonborn showing up.

She's not the best receptionist. :)

In reference to Dragonborn expansion. Master Neloth is a unique character in that he is fully aware that the PC is the Dragonborn but he is totally unimpressed. He just doesn't give a damn.

PC: Hey, I'm not your servant!

Neloth: Obviously not, or you would have a cup of tea in your hands. I suppose you want to be asked nicely. Very well. Please, oh hero of Skyrim. Please find Varona. I shall be ever so grateful.

Dude who has the chops to say something like that should be spared the dykwia treatment. Because he already knows who I am. :lol:

As far as scripts go - it's not something silly like they're packed in a bsa? I don't actually have that DLC right now so I can't look for them myself.

What the heck is happening when I try to post, lately?

In reference to Dragonborn expansion. Master Neloth is a unique character in that he is fully aware that the PC is the Dragonborn but he is totally unimpressed. He just doesn't give a damn.

PC: Hey, I'm not your servant!

Neloth: Obviously not, or you would have a cup of tea in your hands. I suppose you want to be asked nicely. Very well. Please, oh hero of Skyrim. Please find Varona. I shall be ever so grateful.

Dude who has the chops to say something like that should be spared the dykwia treatment. Because he already knows who I am. :lol:

As far as scripts go - it's not something silly like they're packed in a bsa? I don't actually have that DLC right now so I can't look for them myself.

That was my thought. I dunno, though... if I have to unpack the contents of the DLC files just to view a script so I can add dialogue appropriately, I sort of deflate, ya know?

But Master Neloth is a good one for dykwia... and like some other NPCs (such as Wuunferth, or Maven, etc), you can tell him you're Dragonborn fine, but he won't give a damn. Harkon's like that - "you threaten me? I'm dragonborn!" "Oh, I wonder how dragonborn blood tastes..."